Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I gave up on the Dems learning anything when they chose to double down on centrist bullshit after the 2016 election. They're committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

obama really should've declared the martial law everyone said he was gonna declare

Still waiting for Skull & Bones to take over the world as we were promised in the '04 election.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
posting from a jade helm camp

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Love Stole the Day posted:

Still waiting for Skull & Bones to take over the world as we were promised in the '04 election.

remember when a college student got tazered in front of hundreds of people for asking John Kerry about S&B? lol

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

All things considered, I'm happy Scott Walker finally ate poo poo and I wish he had to spend the rest of his life rotting in a loving cell. God, gently caress that sack of poo poo.

dont worry hell be living the high life off all that foxconn money until the day he dies

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when a college student got tazered in front of hundreds of people for asking John Kerry about S&B? lol

That dude be came a Ron Paul man and then now a Q man

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suck my fat loving rear end in a top hat scott

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

can't blame him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Watching D&D gaslight itself into "actually this election result was not only good for us, it proves that centrism is right" is some loving poo poo, I tell you what

You know that they'd have done that regardless of the result.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
-

Silver Nitrate has issued a correction as of 04:41 on May 11, 2019

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Clipperton posted:

how did the climate change propositions do

The fact that even Washington State couldn't pass one pretty much means new climate initiative/legislation is dead on arrival outside of CA. This is very bad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Preston Waters posted:

Y'all currently have 11 precincts remaining and she needs 16,000 votes. 4 of those precincts are in Puma county somewhere. It's possible but lol :fork:

The map in 2020 is gonna be tough but not as godawful as this one. Still, I can only see 4 seats max that could turn for the Dems as of right now, and you also have to factor in that Doug Jones is absolutely going to lose his seat, so that would be a potential net gain of 3 seats. Unless we can get Beto to run again in Texas. And loving actually get latinos to turn out.

that's one thing i've learned in this election: the latino vote is absolutely godawful at turnout -- I'm assuming bc of voter suppression but holy christ

That is actually promising. They've reported Pima as 100% since like 11:00 last night but votes keep popping in from there in the results, so I guess it's not actually done. Sinema was winning by 12 points there last time I looked so more from there is better. Normally the question for late Pima counted votes is "are these the military base votes" because those are normally solid red but McSally is pretty unpopular on the base, too. Kinda of "funny" how the people who have dealt with her representing them for the past 4 years so strongly came out against her . . . . .

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/midterms-repudiation-and-reaffirmation-trump/575143/

In the first decades after World War II, white voters without a college education consistently voted more Democratic than white voters holding a four-year college degree or more. Thats flipped in recent years, with Democrats at both the congressional and presidential level consistently winning a higher share of white voters with a college degree than those without one.

That inversion has intensified under Donald Trump. In both the 2010 and 2014 midterm elections under Obama, House Democrats won only about one-third of non-college whites and about two-fifths of whites with a college degree. In 2010, Democrats ran six points better among college whites than non-college whites; in 2014, the gap was seven points. But in 2016, with Trump on the ballot, the gap roughly doubled to 13 percentage points, as House Republicans improved further with non-college whites and lost ground among college-educated whites.

On Tuesday, the gap between the two groups expanded further. Democrats carried only 37 percent of white voters without a college education (compared with 61 percent for Republicans). But Democrats won a 53 percent majority of college-educated white voters (compared with 45 percent for Republicans). Tuesdays Democratic performance among white voters without a college degree improved just slightly from their weak showings in the 2010 and 2014 midterms, when they carried only about one-third of them each time. But their showing with college-educated whites on Tuesday represented a big improvement from those two previous midterms, when they carried about two-fifths of them in each election, according to exit polls. This week, Democrats not only carried 59 percent of college-educated white women, an unprecedented number, but reached 47 percent among college-educated white men; they hadnt reached even 40 percent among those men nationally in any House election since 2008.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Love Rat posted:

The fact that even Washington State couldn't pass one pretty much means new climate initiative/legislation is dead on arrival outside of CA. This is very bad.

looks like clipperton jr is getting a razor boomerang for christmas

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Typo posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/midterms-repudiation-and-reaffirmation-trump/575143/

In the first decades after World War II, white voters without a college education consistently voted more Democratic than white voters holding a four-year college degree or more. That’s flipped in recent years, with Democrats at both the congressional and presidential level consistently winning a higher share of white voters with a college degree than those without one.

That inversion has intensified under Donald Trump. In both the 2010 and 2014 midterm elections under Obama, House Democrats won only about one-third of non-college whites and about two-fifths of whites with a college degree. In 2010, Democrats ran six points better among college whites than non-college whites; in 2014, the gap was seven points. But in 2016, with Trump on the ballot, the gap roughly doubled to 13 percentage points, as House Republicans improved further with non-college whites and lost ground among college-educated whites.

On Tuesday, the gap between the two groups expanded further. Democrats carried only 37 percent of white voters without a college education (compared with 61 percent for Republicans). But Democrats won a 53 percent majority of college-educated white voters (compared with 45 percent for Republicans). Tuesday’s Democratic performance among white voters without a college degree improved just slightly from their weak showings in the 2010 and 2014 midterms, when they carried only about one-third of them each time. But their showing with college-educated whites on Tuesday represented a big improvement from those two previous midterms, when they carried about two-fifths of them in each election, according to exit polls. This week, Democrats not only carried 59 percent of college-educated white women, an unprecedented number, but reached 47 percent among college-educated white men; they hadn’t reached even 40 percent among those men nationally in any House election since 2008.

How many decades after WWII? The fracturing of the new deal coalition and the development of the southern strategy probably wrenched off the usual suspects, and as fewer and fewer college graduates made it through school without realizing minorities are normal people with equal social value as whites that gap presumably widened. At least that's my guess.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Typo posted:

In the first decades after World War II, white voters without a college education consistently voted more Democratic than white voters holding a four-year college degree or more. Thats flipped in recent years, with Democrats at both the congressional and presidential level consistently winning a higher share of white voters with a college degree than those without one.

On Tuesday, the gap between the two groups expanded further. Democrats carried only 37 percent of white voters without a college education (compared with 61 percent for Republicans). But Democrats won a 53 percent majority of college-educated white voters (compared with 45 percent for Republicans). Tuesdays Democratic performance among white voters without a college degree improved just slightly from their weak showings in the 2010 and 2014 midterms, when they carried only about one-third of them each time. But their showing with college-educated whites on Tuesday represented a big improvement from those two previous midterms, when they carried about two-fifths of them in each election, according to exit polls. This week, Democrats not only carried 59 percent of college-educated white women, an unprecedented number, but reached 47 percent among college-educated white men; they hadnt reached even 40 percent among those men nationally in any House election since 2008.

:thunk: so the dems improved with college and non college white voters yesterday

so should they shut down unis or open more

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

FAUXTON posted:

How many decades after WWII? The fracturing of the new deal coalition and the development of the southern strategy probably wrenched off the usual suspects, and as fewer and fewer college graduates made it through school without realizing minorities are normal people with equal social value as whites that gap presumably widened. At least that's my guess.

Carter was the last person to have clear majority of non-college whites, Clinton was the last democrat to have won them period

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I gently caress to cum!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I checked out early last night. Scott Walker lost? Awesome.

Also, apparently a huge number of other trump-backed candidates I wasn't aware of lost, as shown in this thread:

https://twitter.com/missmayn/status/1059970926563930112

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I gently caress to cum!

:same:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
So Sinema is :rip: ?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

AceRimmer posted:

It looks promising still apparently since like 500000 votes are still not counted lol

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

AceRimmer posted:

still another 500k votes to count from Maricopa County , like 25% more of the vote lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I gently caress to cum!

Ladies Night in Loserville is a good Propagandhi song, I agree

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ladies Night in Loserville is a good Propagandhi song, I agree

It's weird that Chris Hannah is ashamed of all the music he wrote back then because I like it a lot more than their new stuff tbh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rocks posted:

still another 500k votes to count from Maricopa County , like 25% more of the vote lol

how did that happen

is this one of those things where the nazi law enforcement there is trying to steal the ballots

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It's weird that Chris Hannah is ashamed of all the music he wrote back then because I like it a lot more than their new stuff tbh

I kinda have a hard time listening to anything pre Less Talk More Rock but then again I listen to more metal than punk these days

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Chinatown posted:

can this person please loving die already

As you didn't specify which person I'm just going to assume you are speaking about the entire room

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Walker just conceded.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

I don't feel so good

Dona Ana is the blue county with "Las Cruces" in it.

Cibola county is still counting 700 ballots. Xoch won Cibola by 63 percent. Also theres about 1000 provisional ballots in Dona Ana to count on top of the 8000 absentee ones.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

Walker just conceded.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

as a Marylander I feel it’s wrong to subject DC residents to the horrible Maryland Democratic Party by forcing them into Maryland

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Al! posted:

how did that happen

is this one of those things where the nazi law enforcement there is trying to steal the ballots

I dunno, for 2016 I got my call that they were throwing my vote out for bad signature a week after election. This is well after they claimed 100% reporting.

They're blaming people who dropped off mail in ballots instead of mailing them in but I mailed mine in on time in 2016.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

the tweets already been deleted but I still have it open:

Why would they do this? I dont wanna post the full link since its a ton of peoples personal data but its just up there on the sos.ga.gov site.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

oh ok looks like the guy had the same thought, deleted the tweet with the link and reposted without

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1060276001714900992

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Taco Duck posted:

Cibola county is still counting 700 ballots. Xoch won Cibola by 63 percent. Also theres about 1000 provisional ballots in Dona Ana to count on top of the 8000 absentee ones.

C'mon, money.

I saw the 1030 statement that they were still counting. Did they mention when they'd have another update?

I'm pretty happy with how thoroughly NM voters kicked in the teeth of the Reps this time around. Pearce's former seat going blue would be the cherry on top.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rocks posted:

I don't think it's actually anywhere near 500k and Maricopa is basically a 50/50 county. Death is certain.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Meme Emulator posted:

oh ok looks like the guy had the same thought, deleted the tweet with the link and reposted without

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1060276001714900992

this all seems totally legitimate and fine. I'm sure the psychotic racist isn't trying to abuse his office to win an election THIS time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Maines 2nd District has Poliquin (R) ~600 votes ahead of Golden (D) both at 46% of the vote with two independents at 6% and 2% with a total of 21k votes between them.

Marine has ranked choice voting for the first time this year so we'll see which way those 21k votes fall.