Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

Wasn’t polling showing him as up/closer before?

Even so gently caress that guy lol.

Yeah, but the polling was wrong. His final results were awful, he would have lost either way.

I would have rather had him lose the other way, mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I like to think that we'll elect a single person who is all three of latina, gay, and racist within our lifetime :911:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

If only American media could be so direct about calling people racists when they are in fact huge loving racists.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So now that Alabama passed the amendment for TEN COMMANDMENTS EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES how do I contact the satanic Temple so they can get some Baphomets up next to those suckers?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If you aren't interested in fixing our disgusting and predatory medical system (and access to care is not doing anything), you have no business leading the party. It's really that simple since if the President can't use their position to advocate for it, it will not happen by itself. Saying "it's not the right time" or whatever is the cowardly way of saying you have no intention of ever supporting it until all the work is done by someone else like how the Democrats we're dragged to supporting gay marriage by the log cabin Republicans and courts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

VH4Ever posted:

I hadn't heard about the school board win until last page and yeah, that is a very good thing. There were some outward racist rear end Rs in there before.

that guy was wrong and the school board remains in republican control. the dems won 4 out of 7 seats available for election but there's 15 overall so :shrug:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/EllenKushner/status/1060254023939440640

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

70% of Americans support M4A.

Including 62% of Republicans, but it's never going to happen because very Serious Political Observers confuse donor priorities with that of the people at large.

Radish posted:

If you aren't interested in fixing our disgusting and predatory medical system (and access to care is not doing anything), you have no business leading the party. It's really that simple since if the President can't use their position to advocat for it, it will not happen by itself. Saying "it's not the right time" or whatever is the cowardly way of saying you have no intention of ever supporting it until all the work is done by someone else like how the Democrats we're dragged to supporting gay marriage by the log cabin Republicans and courts.

Before MLK Jr, Malcolm X, et. al started seriously embarrassing the country internationally about de jure segregation well meaning liberals all supported "civil rights," but lamentably the country was not ready for it yet.

Hell, liberals eating from from the identity politics dumpster should take note that as recently as 10 years ago many well meaning centrists were saying this country wasn't ready for a black president and Obama was going to lose due to the Bradley effect.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 7, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Matt Rinaldi lost and I hope he gets beat up on the way home

https://www.texasobserver.org/say-adios-to-matt-rinaldi-the-texas-lawmaker-who-called-ice-to-report-latino-protesters/

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1060046869936500736

This would be Blum of Blumhouse who produced Get Out fwiw

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

volts5000 posted:

I'm trying to figure out what to do for North Carolina. I blew up last night in a post because the only positive thing that happened was our R super-majority in the state senate broke. Both houses are still R controlled with a D governor, so now if Cooper vetoes something, it stays dead.

Unfortunately, 4 of our 6 amendment proposals passed (protecting fish & wildlife, Marsey's law, 7% income tax cap, and voter ID). We already went through the voter ID crap before and it was struck down, but now we have more conservative judges and a more conservative Supreme Court. I know there were major victories elsewhere, but I'm too depressed about my state to celebrate.

Gotta take the good where you can get it, man.

(Tarheel goon fistbump)

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, but the polling was wrong. His final results were awful, he would have lost either way.

I would have rather had him lose the other way, mind

Its absolutely preferable that he lost the way he did. Future candidates may think twice before trying similar bullshit.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

corn in the bible posted:

that guy was wrong and the school board remains in republican control. the dems won 4 out of 7 seats available for election but there's 15 overall so :shrug:

Fake news...dang. I knew hope was a lie.... :smith:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

So now that Alabama passed the amendment for TEN COMMANDMENTS EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES how do I contact the satanic Temple so they can get some Baphomets up next to those suckers?

i bet they're already on it

maybe this time we can get a ganesh statue or three for Alabama Hindus

he's the god of luck, business, and entrepreneurship, he's frankly an easy sell to Republicans

and his origin story (well, his head's origin story) is hilarious

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/amanbatheja/status/1060252768085176320

lol

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

A Good Judge (for once)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Majorian posted:

Again, no one is talking about M4A happening in the near future. It's only going to happen within our lifetimes if we all start demanding it now, though.

And her only issue was saying it won't play well in the midwest, and the results of progressives running on it and winning have been lackluster. So far the biggest progressive victories have been the results of primarying out old stale dems in safe districts, not winning head to head with the GOP. Beto and Gillium did really well though so, that runs counter to her argument.

I do not for one second think Duckworth would stop any kind of groundswell for M4A.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Kingfish posted:

Its absolutely preferable that he lost the way he did. Future candidates may think twice before trying similar bullshit.

Hadn't thought of it that way

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

Eh, maybe. He might have dragged more Indiana Democrats forward on his coattails (a la Beto) if he hadn't been such a shitstain, but I don't know enough about Indiana to say so for sure.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

sue as often as you can. the amendment prohibits the use of public money to mount legal defenses

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

well, i mean, he's not entirely wrong?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Koalas Massacre posted:

drat he’s a braver man than I to do that poo poo in Israel.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wow, holding the senate change to R+2 would be loving great.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Koalas Massacre posted:

love my big wet anti semite president

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

finally doing some good in his worthless life, then.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/budfoster/status/1060255490205089792?s=20

Gonna be a while before AZ is settled.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Majorian posted:

Eh, maybe. He might have dragged more Indiana Democrats forward on his coattails (a la Beto) if he hadn't been such a shitstain, but I don't know enough about Indiana to say so for sure.

Obviously it would be better if he lost by less. But if he was destined to lose then I'm glad we can make a lesson out of him. Same with McCaskill.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How long until I can vote for Sharice Davids for president? I want her to be the first person to win the presidency via submission.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

This reminds me of when cops in new york got so upset over black lives matter they engaged in a work slow-down by not writing tickets and only arresting people if they were a clear danger to themselves or others.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You want just treatment of youth offenders huh? WELL HOW ABOUT I MAKE YOU SMOKE A WHOLE PACK

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

And her only issue was saying it won't play well in the midwest,

Which is a bullshit claim, plain and simple. When M4A polls as well as it does across the board in the U.S., it's not going to poll badly in the Midwest.

quote:

I do not for one second think Duckworth would stop any kind of groundswell for M4A.

The Democrats don't need someone who won't stand in the way of progress. They need someone who will champion it. At this point, Duckworth hasn't shown herself to be up to the task.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/doubleplusgoo/status/1060196136323936258

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
When was the last time you could vote for a democratic male cis white man for president? Kerry in 2004? Not complaining, but it's bound to happen again sooner or later.

Anyway, my preference is literally that AOC to run for pres, but she is too young :( hope the momentum can carry to 2024 and that the lobbyists don't get to her first.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1060256623741014016

because he resigned, trump can appoint his replacement without senate confirmation

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060256619383193601?s=19

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

Which is a bullshit claim, plain and simple. When M4A polls as well as it does across the board in the U.S., it's not going to poll badly in the Midwest.

Yeah, I don't buy "wouldn't get in the way of it" arguments about M4A; either you state you support it or you don't.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Lightning Knight posted:

drat he’s a braver man than I to do that poo poo in Israel.

this happened in LA lol

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Sessions out

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

evilweasel posted:

because he resigned, trump can appoint his replacement without senate confirmation

Right, break out the siren emojis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

Ooooookay here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Buckle up fuckaroos