Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

fishing with the fam posted:

Where are you seeing the D+9.5?

Confused with the GCB projections.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1060213060131000321

Gonna be 7.5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Wait. Is this a good or bad thing?

Not good, hard to say yet how bad

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

@evilweasel what am I missing about the VRA that this guy can get appointed despite only being a chief of staff and not senate-confirmed?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Trump is shook as hell and he is lashing out because he hates Sessions. I doubt he's thought more past attempting to change the news cycle from the Dem wave.

Yes, let's shift the narrative from Dems somewhat winning to my obstruction of justice charges people were forgetting about! That's the ticket!

Edit: apologies, this remark was uncalled for

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 8, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Trump is shook as hell and he is lashing out because he hates Sessions. I doubt he's thought more past attempting to change the news cycle from the Dem wave.

yeah he is not saving himself, he is just digging himself deeper in the shithole. they can't bury the Mueller investigation.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

SousaphoneColossus posted:

am I wrong that gillum winning handily in the polls and then underperforming bill nelson (!) is some bradley effect poo poo
Personally I think it's some vote manipulation poo poo both for him and Nelson.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

evilweasel posted:

what does it matter, we are literally as far away from an election that this could affect as we possibly could be short of him doing this at midnight last night

it doesnt

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I know this is probably going to cause the destruction of the US but goddamn I can’t stop laughing at the KKKeebler Elf being the first guy to lick Trump’s boots and just fully debase himself for Trump’s sick pleasure, and now Trump throws his rear end to the curb and stripping him of any power he has.

Good riddance you shitstain. May you die alone and a shell of who you think you could have been.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Wait. Is this a good or bad thing?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Personally I think it's some vote manipulation poo poo both for him and Nelson.

This. Something is up.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

corn in the bible posted:

nelson was also not part of an fbi corruption investigation

i kinda doubt this was the reason but i'll take it as further proof that hamilton is garbage

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tibalt posted:

It's a stupid thing for Trump to do, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

From the "I want to take over the nation as a fascist dictator" point of view, every day Trump didn't fire Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller was a mistake.

Mueller can easily be hamstrung by this but given the House it will remain to be seen whether or not this accomplishes anything.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 7, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Sessions' resignation letter was not dated.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I like how Trump is completely dependent on the Senate's cooperation and just fired their Favorite Racist Elf in a poorly conceived effort to save himself.

Just after a painfully bad wave election where it seemed like Trump actually hurt the candidates he campaigned for.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Lote posted:

Confused with the GCB projections.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1060213060131000321

Gonna be 7.5%

Okay, that makes more sense.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

eke out posted:

@evilweasel what am I missing about the VRA that this guy can get appointed despite only being a chief of staff and not senate-confirmed?
"Screw you, I do what I want"

Who is gonna stop him?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

This depends on what you think John Roberts is, at his core.

Thomas (and scalia, fwiw) were in the majority on Clinton v Jones, aka, the most recent major "can the President be subpoenaed" case.

there are some extremely fiddly reasons that could be argued to be different on Congressional subpoenas, but I think we're pretty safe

dwarf74 posted:

Who is gonna stop him?

the courts, as they have on several issues before

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
How long till Trump tries to fire the House?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
I'm seeing people tweeting about Rosenstein also being removed? Anyone confirm this?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

skylined! posted:

Welp glad we got to enjoy the house victories for.. :checks watch: ... .... about 16 hours before chaos reigned again :shepface:
How is this chaos? Is this not a good thing?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

Who is gonna stop him?

yeah things don't work the way you think

my question is what technicality allows this, since i assume something does

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Z. Autobahn posted:

I'm seeing people tweeting about Rosenstein also being removed? Anyone confirm this?

not removed, but he is no longer in charge of muh russia since the acting AG can be now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you for asking the belligerent Nazi not to fire Mueller, Chuck.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Z. Autobahn posted:

I have nothing about that from any reasonable source.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Z. Autobahn posted:

theyre probably confusing the fact that he's no longer supervising mueller because there's no longer need for him to, technically, as the attorney general is now unrecused (lol)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Z. Autobahn posted:

Rosenstein had supervision of the Mueller investigation because Sessions had recused himself. New AG means that the new AG, who hasn't recused himself, resumes oversight.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

eke out posted:

He's the acting AG until they can confirm an appointment. Which they don't ever actually have to do, but it'll probably be Lindsay Graham or someone like that if they bother

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

corn in the bible posted:

nelson was also not part of an fbi corruption investigation

C'mon if that really mattered then Gillum would have garnered like 35%+ of the Republican vote.....

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Thomas (and scalia, fwiw) were in the majority on Clinton v Jones, aka, the most recent major "can the President be subpoenaed" case.

there are some extremely fiddly reasons that could be argued to be different on Congressional subpoenas, but I think we're pretty safe

the courts, as they have on several issues before

The courts are controlled by republican partisans now.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Z. Autobahn posted:

All I'm seeing is that Rod is off the Russia case

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Any word on what loving ghoul Trump's going to nominate that the Senate'll pass so Mueller can be fired?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
regarding Rosenstein:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1060267993815531527

e: anyone know what inconsistency he's talking about?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So if Mueller is fired and the House picks him to lead an investigation after the new Congress is seated (if they can even do that) would he still have access to all the information he's accumulated, or would he pretty much have to start over?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1060267993815531527?s=20

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1060268949785505792?s=20

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1060269208599023616

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Diogines posted:

How if at all could Mueller protect.his actual papers?

What actual papers? is it 1882? Do you think there is literally one page he writes on with a quill?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lightning Knight posted:

Wasn’t polling showing him as up/closer before?

Even so gently caress that guy lol.

The endless Trump rallies in Indiana seem to have worked, unfortunately.

exploded mummy posted:

2020 is going to be the reverse of this year, where 11 D seats are up for grabs as opposed to 22 Republican seats

the weakest and really only vulnerable Dem seat is Doug Jones

The "dream" scenario is for Jeff Sessions to narrowly lose the primary due to Trump campaigning against him, only to run as an independent allowing Jones to squeak away with a plurality. The Luigi method. (I wrote this before finding out Sessions had resigned)

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Karen Handel just went down in the GA-06, not sure if anyone beat me to that.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Tester has won, he is in the lead and can’t lose it based on remaining votes!

Eat poo poo, Ben Garrison. So glad the Candyman fiasco didn't sink him.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1059539291003650050

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kobayashi posted:

The courts are controlled by republican partisans now.

almost certainly not sufficiently for the president to clearly and flagrantly violate the explicit letter of the law and go "lol i dictator now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

In a pointless attempt to get ahead of the rampant misinformation about to be spread:

If the AG refuses to allow the SCO to pursue some action (indictment, questioning, etc), the SCO is obligated to send a report to Congress.