Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Tie F/O article up

No more O'Leader, but the new best pilot has 2 shots of glitterstims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
They didn't reveal all 9 pilots and we already know Omega Leader's ability is still in 2.0.

I think the bigger reveal in this article is that the conversion kit will have SEVEN FO dials.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Rivas can lock on friendly ships. No idea why, but I hope that comes into play somehow.

Some Numbers posted:

I think the bigger reveal in this article is that the conversion kit will have SEVEN FO dials.

That is fantastic

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 7, 2018

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The fighter in the pic is Midnight, Omega Leader’s new incarnation. Loving that I6 on her, too.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

If you're looking to road trip to some of these things, post in the SF Star Wars facebook group. When I was going to stuff regularly, I typically hit Fargo, Minneapolis and Omaha regionals. They're all about 3.5-4 hrs away.

I've been in that group for a while now. X-wing kind of died locally for a while but 2.0 has created a new interest and it's slowly pickup up steam again.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Im really liking 4 ship lists and thinking of giving this a run for Friday tournament.

Fenn Rau (68)

Torkil Mux (36)
Moldy Crow (12)

Kavil (42)
Trick Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (4)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Total: 199

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I'm finding 4 ship lists to be my sweet spot too. I ran this last night and went 3-0:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Norra Wexley (43)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jan Ors (42)
Moldy Crow (12)

Sabine Wren (38)

Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I wish I could find a way to fit Juke on Sabine.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Honestly i would swap crack for trick. I just never can get crack to proc

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

i would swap crack for trick.

:mmmsmug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

..... you know what. I ain't even mad.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Nah I was able to use Crack in 2 of 3 games, including 1-shotting a Phantom with a good roll and a lucky Direct Hit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

canyonero posted:

I'm finding 4 ship lists to be my sweet spot too. I ran this last night and went 3-0:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Norra Wexley (43)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jan Ors (42)
Moldy Crow (12)

Sabine Wren (38)

Why do you have to trigger poor Friction?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

canyonero posted:

Wedge Antilles (52)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Norra Wexley (43)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jan Ors (42)
Moldy Crow (12)

Sabine Wren (38)

Andreas Karlsson just won Nordics with that list. It's really cool and flexible. Wedge with Jan puts out huge damage, Norra's torpedoes are hard to ignore, and Sabine is a great flanker

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Sabine is the star of the show. No one even looks her way as she comes in with Focus and Evade every turn. I bet she gets a point increase.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why do you have to trigger poor Friction?

:stonklol:

Honestly tho, the list is real good and looks fun to fly. Jan Ors is something many seem to sleep on, huge power right there.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am dumb, but can someone explain Sabine token stacking? Can she linked action off her pre move boost/BR?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am dumb, but can someone explain Sabine token stacking? Can she linked action off her pre move boost/BR?

Yeah, with linked actions anytime you perform that action for any reason you can link it. So Sabine can Barrel Roll > Evade then as long as she does something blue to clear the stress she can focus.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

canyoneer posted:

Andreas Karlsson just won Nordics with that list. It's really cool and flexible. Wedge with Jan puts out huge damage, Norra's torpedoes are hard to ignore, and Sabine is a great flanker

I don't have an attack shuttle, but this looks like it might be a fun variant:
Wedge Antilles (52)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Norra Wexley (43)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Jan Ors (42)
Moldy Crow (12)

Arvel Crynyd (36)
Intimidation (3)

Total: 198

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The shorthand explanation is that any time you take the first action in a linked chain, you can link into the second one. Unless something explicitly says you can’, like advanced sensors, which says you can’t take more actions during your activation.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Aramoro posted:

Yeah, with linked actions anytime you perform that action for any reason you can link it. So Sabine can Barrel Roll > Evade then as long as she does something blue to clear the stress she can focus.

On top of this, with Debris Gambit, if she's in range of an obstacle the linked evade becomes white as well.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/...c_QJ_pztGiN1LFo

yeah, that's okay.

LOL..."Sinker'. More like 'Floater' <waits for high five that never comes>

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 9, 2018

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

The shorthand explanation is that any time you take the first action in a linked chain, you can link into the second one. Unless something explicitly says you can’, like advanced sensors, which says you can’t take more actions during your activation.

I think the only thing that's slightly unclear is if a Red Focus is the same as a White Focus for the purposes of performing a linked action. Personally I think they probably are unless they call out a specific colour but it feels debatable enough.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

enigmahfc posted:

yeah, that's okay.

Purple actions, new obstacle type, the return of alternate paint jobs, oh my!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Aramoro posted:

I think the only thing that's slightly unclear is if a Red Focus is the same as a White Focus for the purposes of performing a linked action. Personally I think they probably are unless they call out a specific colour but it feels debatable enough.

Gonna have to give me an example.

enigmahfc posted:

yeah, that's okay.

hoooolllyshiiitt there's a lot to unpack here

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The striker looks like a new sculpt even.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Is that a new obstacle type? PURPLE actions? Vulture droids can park on rocks and rotate around?

There's some crazy poo poo in these.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'm guessing purple actions regenerate a force. Maybe cost a force.

Also, what's that new red token on the Sith Infiltrator? Right above the crit hit token in the picture.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 9, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It looks like Dooku is chugging a beer on his card with the Sith Infiltrator.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gonna fly the poo poo out of some Vulture swarms

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Gonna have to give me an example.

Well for Linked actions, say you could perform actions whilst stressed and you use Han Gunner to perform a Red Focus, could you link that into an action that's keyed off the focus action. Now that's purely hypothetical just now as you can't get Han and Contraband Cybernetics on a ship with a linked action.

But it applies to Co-ordinate as well, so say you have Captain Jonus with Squad Leader and someone in a Tie Punisher. Jonus Co-ordinates the Punisher, can the Punisher Reload? So is the Red Reload on Jonus's action bar the same action as the White Reload on the Punisher's action bar.

Now I think it probably is otherwise it makes things even more confusing and certain cards specifically call out the colour of the action. But FFG do like to play the wildcard sometimes and if you're just matching symbols, well the symbols don't match.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Aramoro posted:

Well for Linked actions, say you could perform actions whilst stressed and you use Han Gunner to perform a Red Focus, could you link that into an action that's keyed off the focus action. Now that's purely hypothetical just now as you can't get Han and Contraband Cybernetics on a ship with a linked action.

But it applies to Co-ordinate as well, so say you have Captain Jonus with Squad Leader and someone in a Tie Punisher. Jonus Co-ordinates the Punisher, can the Punisher Reload? So is the Red Reload on Jonus's action bar the same action as the White Reload on the Punisher's action bar.

Now I think it probably is otherwise it makes things even more confusing and certain cards specifically call out the colour of the action. But FFG do like to play the wildcard sometimes and if you're just matching symbols, well the symbols don't match.

I see. I dunno. I'd have to do some reading.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ooooh poo poo, son! That's a lot of plastic spaceship stuff! :homebrew:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

quote:

Grapping Struts (Open): You ignore obstacles at range 0 and while you move through them. After you reveal your dial if you reveal a maneuver other than a 2 straight and are at range 0 of an asteroid or debris cloud skip you execute maneuver step and remove one stress token. If you revealed a right or left maneuver rotate your ship 90 degrees in that direction. After you execute a maneuver flip this card.

Oh god you can park them on asteroids and use them as turrets :love:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Vulture droids have a bizarre dial
1: white turn, red K
2:blue straight, white bank, blue turn, red talon
3: blue straight, white turn, red bank
4: blue straight
5: white straight

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I'm curious about the multiple dots on the droid pilots. Does it indicate how many of that pilot you're allowed to have?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aramoro posted:

You can't link off a red focus anyway, so I'm not sure how there's a question?

enigmahfc posted:

yeah, that's okay.

I'm super hype for this, way more than for First Order. I've seen so little that excites me there, most of the interesting F/O combos were with Imperial stuff previously and most of the previewed stuff so far just doesn't look that good or has been nerfed by rule changes, or both.

Of note:

- A new bomb with multiple teplate notches, which is presumably mobile. I bet it's the Seeker Droid from Phantom Menace. Infiltrator.
- A new red token type. Infiltrator. Betting it might be a tracking token for the droid to follow.
- New generic Jedi. Aethersprite.
- New Force upgrade giving double defensive benefit if you're outside Bullseye. Goddammit like Luke needed to be BETTER.
- Vulture droids seem to be able to ignore rocks, though there's a LOT of illegible text on that Config.

A whole bunch of other stuff, as with the initial 1e launch, there's honestly too much to go through I think.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TremorX posted:

I'm curious about the multiple dots on the droid pilots. Does it indicate how many of that ship you're allowed to have?

Yeah, there's a rule already to the effect of "For cards with dots, you're allowed to run as many as there are dots in one squad". It's very strange wording, since every card so far only has one dot, but it looks like it was future-proofed for this.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TremorX posted:

I'm curious about the multiple dots on the droid pilots. Does it indicate how many of that pilot you're allowed to have?

Yes. Number of dots = number of cards with that name that you can field

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

TremorX posted:

Yup.

This is the first time it's been used thus far, but the multiple dots have been in the RR from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Palpatine flips to Darth Sidious :getin: