Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

selec posted:

I think continuing to assume there’s no understanding or reasoning behind what the White House does is just wearing blinders.

The GOP controls 2 of 3 branches of the government and it’s not by accident.

Yes, I remember when Trump masterminded the entirety of the 2010 Republican election that is responsible for that.

Numlock posted:

I don’t see why talking about pelosi bad is a distraction when half of every analysis peice I see about the election on every online news rag you can to look at is about how Pelosi is already loving up.

I’d bet that by this time next year we’ll be burning her in effigy along side trump.

You fuckers just REALLY want to just out and out call her a witch, don't you?

Edit: Tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay so let's game this out.

Trump doesn't fire Mueller, he just locks him down and cuts his budget to nothing. The Senate doesn't do anything about it because they are Republicans and basically all traitors to the concept of democracy. There are some protests because Rosenstein is out, but none of the fill-the-streets stuff because Mueller wasn't technically fired.

What happens next? Can the investigations proceed with zero budget? Does it matter if they do, if the Senate won't cooperate? How much does Dems holding the House influence this?

alot of the info is NY state DOJ stuff and such too. plus i think trump will fire mueller because he is spiteful and wants immediate gratification.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Numlock posted:

I don’t see why talking about pelosi bad is a distraction when half of every analysis peice I see about the election on every online news rag you can to look at is about how Pelosi is already loving up.

I’d bet that by this time next year we’ll be burning her in effigy along side trump.

"we'll be burning in effigy someone Old USPOL already routinely burnt in effigy" is not a particularly courageous take :v:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

alot of the info is NY state DOJ stuff and such too. plus i think trump will fire mueller because he is spiteful and wants immediate gratification.

let's not get crazy here, i think Donald Trump will make a reasoned and careful decision after evaluating all the facts

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh my god, shut the gently caress up about Pelosi

Trump is starting up Watergate 2, and you want to debate "Pelosi: horrible liberal, or even more horrible centrist?" :thunk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

eke out posted:

we need to ask the right questions, like [joinder joke here, im sorry im tired i can't]

lol

Pelosi.... Good?????

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, I remember when Trump masterminded the entirety of the 2010 Republican election that is responsible for that.

You fuckers just REALLY want to just out and out call her a witch, don't you?

Just calling her "bad" is plenty to rile up the liberals itt.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

Edit: Tax

WE DON'T HAVE A TAX

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Numlock posted:

Trump thread veterans want to talk about two things, and only two things: the Muellering, and whether cats are better than dogs.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Best part is that's probably his own account he added to get a follower.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

It's not entirely impossible that we get some sort of infrastructure bill over the next two years (possibly part of the budget)

I would be astonished by any other meaningful bills being passed, other than status-quo budgets

That reminds me, when's the next time we have to worry about the debt limit?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump is starting up Watergate 2, and you want to debate "Pelosi: horrible liberal, or even more horrible centrist?" :thunk:

Considering she's the nominal leader of the only democratically-elected check on the guy behind "Watergate 2," I'd say it's extremely relevant.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Yeah when they say things inconsistent with their past actions, we don't believe those things, and when they say things consistent with their past actions, we believe them. It's not really that hard - this isn't one of those thought experiments where you're at a fork in the road with a centrist who always lies and a centrist who always tells the truth :rolleyes:

yeah, and you'd need to be a loving idiot to think nancy pelosi is a bipartisan decorum person. during the obama years she was always the much more hard-nosed no compromises dem leader, got the house to pass all sorts of liberal stuff that didn't pass the senate, and successfully denied republicans support on innumerable occasions by keeping her caucus united

like when you're bleeting that nancy pelosi is too bipartisan and interested in decorum you're so far into idiot fantasyland that you're not someone who can be reasoned with. the only way you could possibly get to such a stupid idea is if you'd internalized the republican "pelosi bad! woman! bad!" message but somehow missed that she was attacked as being much too liberal. every attack on her in the democratic caucus in the House comes from the right

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The speaker doesn't have to be a member of the house. For maximum chaos timeline they should make the speaker be Obama.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

Pelosi.... Good?????

i think thats what the narrative is gonna be. telling Chud fizzlebeef to recuse. it probaly won't work but gently caress if i know.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grouchio posted:

WE DON'T HAVE A TAX

it is instead a voluntary contribution to better the community :ussr:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jeff Sessions was the noob all along.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Okay.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1060280006323175425

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Yeah when they say things inconsistent with their past actions, we don't believe those things, and when they say things consistent with their past actions, we believe them. It's not really that hard - this isn't one of those thought experiments where you're at a fork in the road with a centrist who always lies and a centrist who always tells the truth :rolleyes:

And by past actions, you of course mean the strawman you built in your heads.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lol

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

yeah, and you'd need to be a loving idiot to think

you can't take on every idiot who posts itt

it's just not feasible

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think thats what the narrative is gonna be. telling Chud fizzlebeef to recuse. it probaly won't work but gently caress if i know.

Can they really do much else?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sleepy, dopey, drippy, clueless Chuck

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Since we're all probably going to die of famine and/or nuclear hellfire, I'm slightly relieved that I won't have to explain this poo poo to my future children/grandchildren.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

luxury handset posted:

you can't take on every idiot who posts itt

it's just not feasible

shh, i'm enjoying evilweasel being all angry all the time

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just take him to the glue farm already, christ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hellblazer187 posted:

The speaker doesn't have to be a member of the house. For maximum chaos timeline they should make the speaker be Michelle Obama.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

evilweasel posted:

yeah, and you'd need to be a loving idiot to think nancy pelosi is a bipartisan decorum person. during the obama years she was always the much more hard-nosed no compromises dem leader, got the house to pass all sorts of liberal stuff that didn't pass the senate, and successfully denied republicans support on innumerable occasions by keeping her caucus united

like when you're bleeting that nancy pelosi is too bipartisan and interested in decorum you're so far into idiot fantasyland that you're not someone who can be reasoned with. the only way you could possibly get to such a stupid idea is if you'd internalized the republican "pelosi bad! woman! bad!" message but somehow missed that she was attacked as being much too liberal. every attack on her in the democratic caucus in the House comes from the right
Or, you know, you remember her letting her caucus vote to keep Trump's government open when the Republican-controlled house couldn't get its poo poo together. When DACA was on the line.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

while i think Schumer is Bad, this specifically is a perfectly acceptable take from minority leader

sets up "and then they didn't, which is bad"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Blast this every loving where. Surprise surprise, Joe "I support a border wall and other racist GOP policies" Donnelley failed to motivate his base to turn out. Dipshit deserved to lose regardless of whether 1) he really does hold these awful views or 2) was such a bad pol that he pretended to to try and win votes.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cryin Chuck will never not be called that nickname it’s for life.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm struggling to process this.

I know, Jimmy Buffet is the Jimmy Buffet of our time

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Kobayashi posted:

Considering she's the nominal leader of the only democratically-elected check on the guy behind "Watergate 2," I'd say it's extremely relevant.

The degree to which she's Insufficiently Leftist for USPol really isn't.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

well, at least you can read if the letters are big

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TulliusCicero posted:

Just take him to the glue farm already, christ

The leopard has assured us that it's learned the error of its ways, and because of that I'm reinstating it as chief senate make-up artist.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

"Prepared to seize power from them" means "prepared to win the loving primary". So are you planning on not supporting vanity campaigns and sticking to people who have a chance at actually winning the state primary in the future? Or are you going to keep saying that purity is the REAL victory?

:laffo: There's a whole lotta projection going on in this post.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This owns. This owns publicly.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Trump thread veterans want to talk about two things, and only two things: the Muellering, and whether cats are better than dogs.

We can answer the second easily. Yes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pumpinglemma posted:

Or, you know, you remember her letting her caucus vote to keep Trump's government open when the Republican-controlled house couldn't get its poo poo together. When DACA was on the line.

you mean after working to shut down the government over DACA and keep the caucus together, and then recognizing reality when that was backfiring on democrats? DACA was no longer "on the line" at that point, democrats had lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chobani yogurt is terrible.