Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Condiv posted:

breaking down of echo chambers is the purpose

There is like 2 people still posting in D&D that aren't solidly on the left. It split into two camps on which memes you post about how you wish bernie sanders was president. Making the two groups constantly bother each other isn't breaking any echo chambers. Just have two threads.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This is not hard guys.

Any way to do this in the awful app?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I don't think that is enough to force a recusal unfortunately.

That, sure, but saying, "Hey, I think we should obstruct justice in this particular investigation and here's how we should do it!" publicly is more than enough reason to demand a recusal.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Lemming posted:

It's not. It's how literally every single internet community in the history of the internet has functioned. It's how people fundamentally work. There's a reason why it's more effective to have separate threads for separate conversations.

But you think you've found the secret key! Just whine and everything will change! It's crazy!

I believe that goat cheese would be the best to pair with such fine sauvignon blanc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

the clovis thing could be a specific issue that requires recusal under existing precedents while public commenting on the investigation may not, even if it's obviously much less of a bias

They don't care about precedents.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I would be interested in someone being able to explain how Brown did what he did, because he seems to be the model for a Good Red State Senator, but I don't know how he was able to do it. I don't think you can point to him and just be like "duh, leftists will win" because he's not that leftist and because you've got the obvious counterexample of Gillum (and figuring out wtf happened in Florida is another key issue).

My strategy isn't just "go left," though. It's never been that. It's, "The Dems will do better in the Midwest overall if they inject more economic populism into their campaigns." That's clearly something Brown has done, not just this year but for quite a long time. Vox put it surprisingly well yesterday:

quote:

Trump’s actual strategy of pursuing a largely orthodox, largely hard-right economic policy agenda meant he and Brown were perennially at odds, but it fundamentally left the field clear for Brown to own his longtime brand as a working-class champion. In his ads, he championed the dignity of work, leaned into his reputation for wrinkled suits, and attacked Renacci’s record on health care, taxes, and trade.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This is not hard guys.

Ok well we could just do the good thing instead of forcing people do to dumb things

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blitz7x posted:

Haha the Florida offshore oil drilling ban is such a sham. It only covers up to 9 miles from the coastline (which was already illegal anyways for all intents and purposes). The only drilling off Florida in the GOM in controlled federally through EPA region 4 out of Atlanta

But it banned indoor vaping.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If justice was real then Kemp would get disqualified for that stunt. Fucker.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

There is like 2 people still posting in D&D that aren't solidly on the left. It split into two camps on which memes you post about how you wish bernie sanders was president. Making the two groups constantly bother each other isn't breaking any echo chambers. Just have two threads.

Just today we've already had one poster defend Republicans' voter disenfranchisement as just incompetence, not malice. Everyone is not as leftist as you think.

Sorry, you'll have to either scroll past people you don't like making posts or put them on ignore. No one will force you to actually read or respond to them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

With the way this storyline goes, Whitaker will be indicted by Mueller within the hour.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Any way to do this in the awful app?

I don't think so. My flawless plan has been thwarted!

Fart Amplifier posted:

Ok well we could just do the good thing instead of forcing people do to dumb things

You've been here since 2003, a year longer than I have. You should know better.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

cr0y posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1060287413057024000?s=19

We're doomed.

And yea I know Rod isnt gone but lol if you think the new AG chud is gonna recuse.

The acting AG? That rear end wrote an op-ed titled "Mueller's investigation of Trump is going too far." Impartial justice!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/1060285349677686784

Federalist overheard Nadler on the train and is acting like this is a scoop.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fart Amplifier posted:

No one is forcing you to post. :v:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Why is the news getting lost between poo poo posts??? I scream as the news is lost between my shitposting contributing nothing.

Seriously all the people arguing about how there's no meaningful dialogue are the ones keeping any meaningful dialogue from happening lmao

Be the change you want to see!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wow! President Bernie!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They don't care about precedents.

the ethics office does, which is what I'm talking about

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

evilweasel posted:

yeah, and you'd need to be a loving idiot to think nancy pelosi is a bipartisan decorum person. during the obama years she was always the much more hard-nosed no compromises dem leader, got the house to pass all sorts of liberal stuff that didn't pass the senate, and successfully denied republicans support on innumerable occasions by keeping her caucus united

like when you're bleeting that nancy pelosi is too bipartisan and interested in decorum you're so far into idiot fantasyland that you're not someone who can be reasoned with. the only way you could possibly get to such a stupid idea is if you'd internalized the republican "pelosi bad! woman! bad!" message but somehow missed that she was attacked as being much too liberal. every attack on her in the democratic caucus in the House comes from the right
ok

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Koalas Massacre posted:

Why is the news getting lost between poo poo posts??? I scream as the news is lost between my shitposting contributing nothing.

Seriously all the people arguing about how there's no meaningful dialogue are the ones keeping any meaningful dialogue from happening lmao

Be the change you want to see!

doctor, heal thyself :v:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

What are the punishments the ethics office can levy?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Anyway I think it's too little too late for Trump to try to gently caress with Mueller. People within the country still largely support his probe, he's apparently very close to finishing and presenting his findings to congress and there's an incoming Democratic house that could just subpoena him and have him present his findings if he's actually fired. Glad to see Sessions and his blatant racism go even though he's getting replaced by some other stupid possibly less judicially qualified Trump sycophant. Time will tell if this becomes a better with the devil you knew type situation or not.

e: You know what better just to stick to the issues. I'm just not that into shitposting what can I say.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

The "screeching" began when you objected to me saying that left-Dems should be prepared to take over the party from the Succ-Dems. It's always nice when you telegraph how shook you are, Fulchrum.:laugh:

Yes, I'm really scared that the people who can't win a primary, and take pride in that, will somehow take over the party.

Grow the gently caress up. If your plan hinges on just whining and screaming that Pelosi is a meany meanpants because she said capitalism exists, and hope that someohow causes a radical shift in party leadership not seen in US politics ever, you're an idiot.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

evilweasel posted:

doctor, heal thyself :v:

I love shitposting. You'll pry my phone away from my cold dead hands

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

What are the punishments the ethics office can levy?

ultimately, only a long paper trail that can be used by democrats and/or a future DOJ looking to prosecute for obstruction of justice

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

Just today we've already had one poster defend Republicans' voter disenfranchisement as just incompetence, not malice.

one problem with mixing tones is that i can post something jokey like "how are you sure they aren't just totally incompetent" and there are severe stick-asses who then read that as a defense of republican vote suppression

any joke can and will be read as a serious political statement by people who are having a grumpy day or people who feel a need to ensure their status as a proper leftist and then it's all just infighting from there

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, I'm really scared that the people who can't win a primary, and take pride in that, will somehow take over the party.

Grow the gently caress up. If your plan hinges on just whining and screaming that Pelosi is a meany meanpants because she said capitalism exists, and hope that someohow causes a radical shift in party leadership not seen in US politics ever, you're an idiot.

If you're so confident they can't win, why are you scared?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Welcome Back purge buddy!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How soon till his steam profile is found?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

The ethics office has zero teeth.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Majorian posted:

My strategy isn't just "go left," though. It's never been that. It's, "The Dems will do better in the Midwest overall if they inject more economic populism into their campaigns." That's clearly something Brown has done, not just this year but for quite a long time. Vox put it surprisingly well yesterday:

Did anyone else try this approach, and did it work? One thing I don't get is how Corday got beaten badly while Brown won, despite Corday being the face of wall street regulation in favor of poor people.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fulchrum posted:

meanwhile here in texas the dsa is winning local primaries and elections lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What Pelosi says now, in the lame duck period before Dems have any power in the House, is completely irrelevant

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Anyone else reading into Sessions line "At your request i am resigning". Like obviously he was forced out but why announce it in a formal document?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

cr0y posted:

Anyone else reading into Sessions line "At your request i am resigning". Like obviously he was forced out but why announce it in a formal document?

Probably because he's pissed off?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

luxury handset posted:

one problem with mixing tones is that i can post something jokey like "how are you sure they aren't just totally incompetent" and there are severe stick-asses who then read that as a defense of republican vote suppression

any joke can and will be read as a serious political statement by people who are having a grumpy day or people who feel a need to ensure their status as a proper leftist and then it's all just infighting from there

Maybe try to be funny and people will realize it is a joke?

Just put everyone who disagrees with you on ignore, its easier than pretending you read their posts.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

corn in the bible posted:

meanwhile here in texas the dsa is winning local primaries and elections lol

This is actually a big fuckin' deal and hasn't been highlighted because everyone is too busy :swoon: over Beto.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

cr0y posted:

because he's real loving mad that he won't get to ruin any more nonwhite and/or drughaver lives

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chuck schumer needs to go so loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Grouchio posted:

Is this really good or really bad for Trump? I remember being told last year that Trump firing Mueller would absolutely backfire.

I think losing the House made him feel like he's between a rock and a hard place.