Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, that just leaves the Teen Girl Squad then.
the korean(?) one dropkicks him at one point

the glasses one and the tiny one are good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Space Flower posted:

i disagree. it's a well-animated show on a smaller scale—attentive to character expression and often pulling out creative visual quirks to accentuate gags.
Like what's there is really good, and they prioritize well. I'd just like a version of the show that doesn't rely so much on still panning shots when they leave those sort of personal scenes.

Though I do admit "effort" was the wrong word to use in that space. Time/money/resources would have probably been a better choice, because you're right about what's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

the korean(?) one dropkicks him at one point

the glasses one and the tiny one are good though

A drop kick is not a murder attempt.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

A drop kick is not a murder attempt.
as someone whos been dropkicked i disagree

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
as someone who has dropkicked someone, I also disagree

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The conviction to inflict harm on someone by completely ignoring your body's bipedal support system is not to be underestimate

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I'm still here for the years best overlooked gay anime Tonkotsu Ramens

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

as someone whos been dropkicked i disagree

Expect My Mom posted:

as someone who has dropkicked someone, I also disagree

ADTRW meetups sound wild.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/carole_tuesday/status/1060122362572550144

Character designer is the Chocolat guy, I'm assuming you all know Watanabe is the Cowboy Bebop man.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Knowing nothing about the show aside from this tweet, ascribing Watanabe as the director of Kids on the Slope might be more appropriate.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hell you could say both! We got character space for days

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he's the guy who worked with Sayo Yamamoto a few times

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cool aesthetic, very intruiged.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

:yeah:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

Ah cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

Knowing nothing about the show aside from this tweet, ascribing Watanabe as the director of Kids on the Slope might be more appropriate.
also terror in resonance :twisted:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i want that dress

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

i want that dress

I got you the overalls instead.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i want the overalls...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/carole_tuesday/status/1060122362572550144

Character designer is the Chocolat guy, I'm assuming you all know Watanabe is the Cowboy Bebop man.
Nord owns bones. :3:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Endorph posted:

also terror in resonance :twisted:

That show had a cool first few episodes and then a third character showed up and I stopped watching for some reason. Was it any good overall?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That show had a cool first few episodes and then a third character showed up and I stopped watching for some reason. Was it any good overall?
It had a good first few episodes then devolved into mostly just sad boys talking about their insanely elaborate backstories for 6 episodes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It ended very dumbly, like my posting

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/11/07-1/ntt-docomo-research-fall-2018-tv-anime-popularity-ranking

Y'know, I know sometimes JP viewers are trash, but how does the imouto show get top 10 and beat Bloom Into You???

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

might be because it's an infamous production mess and people are talking the opportunity to gawk

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

bookstore skeleton isn't rated high enough on that list

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/11/07-1/ntt-docomo-research-fall-2018-tv-anime-popularity-ranking

Y'know, I know sometimes JP viewers are trash, but how does the imouto show get top 10 and beat Bloom Into You???

quote:

male: 58,930/female: 23,533

i wonder if, furhaps, this may have something to do with it. #gametheory

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

One's probably become a meme and I dunno what you were expecting for the other.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The true injustice is Thunderbolt Fantasy being near the bottom.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Double Decker and Himote House are far too low. I'm a bit surprised that slimedad took the top, though. I didn't think it would be low but figured it would be too slow of a show. I guess the manga and LN are reasonably popular?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/strongblacklead/status/1060558190599790592

Ooh, okay. This is cool.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:bisonyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's apparently being produced and animated by MAPPA.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

chumbler posted:

Double Decker and Himote House are far too low. I'm a bit surprised that slimedad took the top, though. I didn't think it would be low but figured it would be too slow of a show. I guess the manga and LN are reasonably popular?
From what I googled it's not a top 10 novel/manga but it's top 30. That may not sound too hot but there's a huge number of ongoing manga and LNs at any given time and nearly all of the stuff above it has already gotten animations.

It probably helps that the anime elevates the material with all the cute slime gestures.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Slime one of the 3 or 4 Web Novels that got the whole Isekai/Tensei tags to become really popular in the syosetsu.com novel website? Like, it was Re:Zero, KonoSuba, the Shield Hero thing that's getting animated next year and it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

!tell orv

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

himote seems like it would be even less popular in Japan than here, since the longer radio version is widely available. it's not like the anime adds much, and it has way less of the good part (improv)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
For the benefit of anyone not keeping up with Tonegawa

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1059946908612022272

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sudden Your Name references with RADWIMPS soundalikes will never fail to get me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yasuke is awesome