Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Anyone know how to turn on access to SNMP on an old SGE2010?

I have the community string set but there’s some kind of firewall rule or something blocking it. It was easy to do on an SG500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

CrazyLittle posted:

I'm looking at 10/40/100gig switches and don't particularly enjoy the $20k pricepoint of Cisco Cat9500 or Arista's new generation. Anyone here use Cisco Nexus 9300, or specifically Cisco N9K-C93180YC-EX ? Any thoughts on these boxes? I probably won't need any fancy features like NAT or MPLS on them since it'll be sitting in between 2+n routers, but netflow might be a nice bonus.

Also what does Arista's grey-market support services look like? Non-existant? Can you get bug fixes / firmware patches for 7280SE's anymore?

say hello to my new stack

*edit* ignore the chaff that's being used as a temporary shelf. This was taken while I was still testing the hardware for faults, basic config, etc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bob Morales posted:

Anyone know how to turn on access to SNMP on an old SGE2010?

I have the community string set but there’s some kind of firewall rule or something blocking it. It was easy to do on an SG500

Is SNMP enabled in the TCP services list (I think that’s where it goes)?

Also throw Cisco’s SMB switches away they are trash.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Thanks Ants posted:

I was going to reply "log into the gui, unplug switch, throw into the river" but that seemed a little too snarky at the time

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Eh I still have a place in my heart for my SG300s which run well and have some reasonable capabilities.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Thanks Ants posted:

Is SNMP enabled in the TCP services list (I think that’s where it goes)?

I think that’s how the 500 worked it was straight forward, there’s an ACL list or something on this one and I don’t want to lock myself out of the loving core stack (yes the core stack is EOL Cisco smb switches...)

I just want to get some stats where I can see how much bandwidth we’re using.

I didn’t buy em...

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

The 300/500 have a management ACL specifically, which you can set to none or a blank one if you need to clear it - this is separate from other access control lists. Since these things were renamed from 2023 -> SG300 or something like that there’s a chance they are similar.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I had to make a view as well as set the community

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

CrazyLittle posted:

say hello to my new stack

*edit* ignore the chaff that's being used as a temporary shelf. This was taken while I was still testing the hardware for faults, basic config, etc.

Are those the 93180s down at the bottom? Because drat if they don't look near identical to the NCS5501SE.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ragzilla posted:

Are those the 93180s down at the bottom? Because drat if they don't look near identical to the NCS5501SE.

Yep

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think I might have brought this up before but never really got much feedback (or I missed/forgot that there was feedback, apologies in advance if that's the case). With IPv6, is the only way to do failover to get an allocation from the RIR (RIPE in this case) and then take transit from a couple of different ISPs?

I suppose you could use private addresses and NAT to public ranges but I think at that point you might as well just turn IPv6 off since it defeats the whole point of doing it. Are client device implementations too immature to make multiple RAs with different preferences a viable solution?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

A PI prefix from your RIR and talking BGP with your ISPs is probably the simplest way to go about things.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
From the service provider's perspective there's no reason why they should ever route v6 space that's not theirs nor explicitly granted to them to route. Nor should they accept RA's from downstream for similar reasons.

From the client side, you could totally do two providers if you assigned v6 addresses from each provider and then let the client devices figure out the least cost route, but DHCPv6 doesn't seem to want to do multiple dynamic leases at the moment and the majority of client devices seem to be moving in that direction.

With PI space you're guaranteed that address space as long as you maintain it, and the only additional cost is some small fees from the RIR and any associated net-eng time at the ISP level.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

sup friends

i'm trying to create a ZBF config on a router inside our corporate network, and i'm not super experienced with zbf.

is there a preferred way to differentiate traffic from sources inside a given zone? like if i want to treat traffic coming from the outside internet to my dmz slightly differently than traffic from the rest of the corporate network. right now i just have an acl for an object-group that lists some internal networks. how would i implement something similar in a ZBF?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Here's the basic primer on zone-based firewalling:

Every interface is part of one (1) zone. You can have multiple interfaces in the same zone. Traffic between two interfaces in the same zone is "intra-zone". When traffic arrives on an interface, that is how the "source zone" is determined. The device looks up what the destination interface would be for that packet (routing table) and uses that zone as the "destination zone".

Let's say you have:
*You have an outside/internet zone
*You have a DMZ zone
*You have a corporate network zone

If traffic comes in to the outside/internet zone, and is going to travel to your DMZ, you need a firewall rule that has:

*Source Zone: Outside/internet
*Destination Zone: DMZ
*Source IP: Any (probably)
*Destination IP: Varies by device, some firewalls want the pre-NAT IP, some want the post-NAT IP

You'd also have a rule:

*Source Zone: Corporate
*Destination Zone: DMZ
*Source IP: My_Corp_Network_Subnets
*Destination IP: My_DMZ_Network_Subnets

Now, even if you put in the Source IP as "Any" for that rule, it still won't let internet traffic in, because the source zone is "Corporate" which will only match traffic that comes into an interface that's in the Corporate zone.

Here's an old Palo Alto doc that I love for this:
https://mdssh.com/UnderstandingNAT.pdf

madsushi fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 6, 2018

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

so i'm going to have this, basically:

one interface - outside (faces larger corporate network and also internet)
one interface - workstation subnet (i want this mostly open to my corporate network but mostly locked down to the internet)
one interface - lab (i want this mostly locked down, only open to the workstation subnet and only outbound connections to the outside interface)

i think i have the basics of this down, my main question is on how i differentiate traffic in the outside zone from "mostly ok corporate traffic" to "mostly not ok internet traffic".

fortunately i don't have the added complication of dealing with nat, this is all publicly routable.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

seems like this is fairly easy to do with class maps - i'll work out a basic config and bring it back to you guys.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

code:
class-map type inspect match-any ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS-STRICT
 match protocol http
 match protocol icmp
class-map type inspect match-any ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS-NARROW
 match protocol icmp
 match protocol dns
 match protocol http
 match protocol https
 match protocol ntp
class-map type inspect match-any ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS
 match protocol tcp
 match protocol udp
 match protocol icmp
class-map type inspect match-all OUT-DMZ-CLASS
 match access-group name ALLOWEDHOSTS-TO-DMZ
 match class-map ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS
!
policy-map type inspect OUT-DMZ-POLICY
 class type inspect OUT-DMZ-CLASS
  inspect 
 class class-default
  drop
policy-map type inspect DMZ-IN-POLICY
 class type inspect ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS-NARROW
  inspect 
 class class-default
  drop
policy-map type inspect IN-OUT-POLICY
 class type inspect ALLOWED-PROTOCOLS
  inspect 
 class class-default
  drop
policy-map type inspect IN-DMZ-POLICY
  inspect 
 class class-default
  drop    
policy-map type inspect DMZ-OUT-POLICY
  inspect 
 class class-default
  drop
!
zone security INSIDE
zone security DMZ
zone security OUTSIDE
zone-pair security IN-TO-OUT source INSIDE destination OUTSIDE
 service-policy type inspect IN-OUT-POLICY
zone-pair security DMZ-TO-IN source DMZ destination INSIDE
 service-policy type inspect DMZ-IN-POLICY
zone-pair security IN-TO-DMZ source INSIDE destination DMZ
 service-policy type inspect IN-DMZ-POLICY
zone-pair security OUT-TO-IN source OUTSIDE destination INSIDE
zone-pair security OUT-TO-DMZ source OUTSIDE destination DMZ
 service-policy type inspect OUT-DMZ-POLICY
zone-pair security DMZ-TO-OUT source DMZ destination OUTSIDE
 service-policy type inspect DMZ-OUT-POLICY

interface Tunnel1
 zone-member security OUTSIDE
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 zone-member security OUTSIDE
!         
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 zone-member security INSIDE
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 zone-member security DMZ
!
!
ip access-list extended ALLOWEDHOSTS-TO-DMZ
 permit ip object-group INTERNAL any
 permit ip object-group lab-x any
 permit ip object-group lab-x any
 permit ip object-group remoteaccess-x any
this seems to be working alright in gns3.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
Today I had an auditor tell me I should consider replacing my Nexus 5548UP switches because they were end of life and out of support.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

adorai posted:

Today I had an auditor tell me I should consider replacing my Nexus 5548UP switches because they were end of life and out of support.

"... Considered. Pass. Next?"

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLittle posted:

"... Considered. Pass. Next?"

Unfortunately it's not exactly that easy. Their report goes to both our board of directors and to the FDIC, so I have to actually articulate why we will not be taking action. In this very specific case it's pretty easy to respond with a link to Cisco's website, but not everything is so simple. This was just one of his uninformed comments. He was able to get out on port 80 and was concerned that our firewall was allowing too much traffic. I asked if he was saying we should not allow our tellers to access the web (with filtering), he responded that of course they should have access to it but the port being open was a security risk. There was also confusion about why we were inconsistently using NTP servers, some devices were using hostnames and some were using IP. His confusion stemmed from not understanding that a hostname resolved to an IP address. There were a few other things he commented on, honestly my mind was blown that anyone was paying this guy to do the job he was doing. We've used this particular audit firm for a number of years and it is generally very well done.

For anyone who does not work in finance, believe me, the regulatory burden is real, but mostly because of people who really don't know what they are doing making you do more work. Following the actual regulations is easy.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Boooooo hisssss

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not knowing the web means port 80 on a loving audit would be me calling the auditing company to send over someone who knew what the gently caress.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
We just had an old unmanaged switch that sat under our block of 8 desks pop up on a security audit as a potential vulnerability. The next day it was gone (with the octopus of wires left dangling) and they apparently don't plan to replace it. I was told I could try to find an empty port on a network drop, but there isn't one. So it's WiFi only for my team. lol, thanks guys. I'm tempted to ask for 300 feet of cat6 to just run from my docking station to an empty port across the office.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Not knowing the web means port 80 on a loving audit would be me calling the auditing company to send over someone who knew what the gently caress.
I had a very nice chat with the engagement manager. It's all good in the end, but was very frustrating dealing with the guy during the audit.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Some firms use a transparent proxy and keep web ports closed to the user devices.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That makes sense. We use Umbrella which is what I was thinking of.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

We just got some routers for our 5 remote sites (like 10 PC’s each)

Not sure why since we already have CyberRoam VPN devices at each one

They are Cisco 7200’s :haw:

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Bob Morales posted:

wha-wha-WHAT?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
BIG

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
7201 or chassis? Either way wtf

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Sounds like a VAR sales engineer somewhere is going to get a big xmas bonus :lol:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bob Morales posted:

We just got some routers for our 5 remote sites (like 10 PC’s each)

Not sure why since we already have CyberRoam VPN devices at each one

lol

You can turn up an OC3 ring between them. 622Mb/s of goodness.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Hey...7206s and 6509s built worlds.

In unrelated news, somehow I'm an NCE at Cisco.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Goondolences

Edit: we have all of our NCEs performing bug scrubs on every single platform and code we have in production due to a WAAS bug that took down our network for 4 hours. Weekly calls with all of them to disclose any new Sev 1s that could affect our network as well. Kinda feel bad for the guys considering were one of the biggest companies in the world

Sepist fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 12, 2018

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lol

OC-12, you mean!

inignot posted:

Hey...7206s and 6509s built worlds.

In unrelated news, somehow I'm an NCE at Cisco.

I used to be an NCE but they changed all our titles around a year or two back. Didn't know anyone was still called that.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Sepist posted:

Goondolences

Edit: we have all of our NCEs performing bug scrubs on every single platform and code we have in production due to a WAAS bug that took down our network for 4 hours. Weekly calls with all of them to disclose any new Sev 1s that could affect our network as well. Kinda feel bad for the guys considering were one of the biggest companies in the world

cisco code quality has nosedived in the last 5 years it seems. We're only a small enterprise (10k~ clients) and we run into new cisco bugs almost every week. The latest was 3560cx switches rebooting when they get too many SNMP requests (like, say, from a walk). Luckily a code upgrade fixes that one.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lol

This is far too many bandwidth points for your PA's. 12.2SRE was pretty good though. Hell that isn't even EOS until 2021.

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
"Code still warm from compiler. Confidence level: Boots in lab." - tli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can anybody think of a reason why LLDP capabilities wouldn't be showing on a 2960X? Connecting a couple of defaulted IP phones and they're just showing B (Bridge) and not T (Telephone) in show lldp neighbors. As far as I know there's no configuration on the switch ports to filter out specific capabilities.

Phones that have been manually configured with a voice VLAN show B and T, a phone that I am testing with and using LLDP-MED for VLAN assignment (switchport voice etc) is not showing T and no traffic makes it out on the tagged voice VLAN (though the switch learns MAC addresses in the access VLAN and the voice one). This seems like the easiest thing in the world but something's not working and it's pissing me off.

Next steps are to put the switch on a release that isn't from 2011, and get Wireshark in the middle of everything but this is being done on behalf of some internal networks guys who didn't know that SSH access was a thing, so it's a bit of a struggle.