Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mendel Palace or GTFO
(Whoa, it was Game Freak's first title?!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sure don't know what the gently caress I was thinking starting up D3 without finishing Starlink. See you later, other games.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Its important to remember Diablo and its ilk are very elaborate slot machines. Whats fun for both of them, loot games and slots, is the pulling of the arm not the actual winning. People who play it therefore optimize around getting back to pulling the arm as quickly as possible, everything else is just a blip in the way of their dopamine rush.

Man poo poo, I had to go back to this because it is really the best explanation for that kind of behavior I've seen so far. Far better than my own idea of "People are crazy, I guess." :v:

In my case, I play games like Diablo III not to collect loot, I derive fun out of Action RPGs mostly through murder. The more, the better. Getting loot and making my numbers larger are just bonus additions to the fun stuff. It's all about slaughtering monsters in ever more elaborate ways for me.

Edit:

To clarify, where Barudak's guys pull the arm and optimize for arm pulling, I'm all for moving my (actual one, not the slot machine) arm up and down. When I finally lay my hand on the arm of the slot machine, my fun is over theirs begins.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 7, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

With the next wave of NES games, are the adding to the library or replacing the current set?

It would be insane for Nintendo to replace 20 games with 3 but who knows anymore

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's always additive

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They're adding.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goons Hand of Luke and unormal. I'm looking forward to whatever's going on with the mobile version, and holy poo poo, a Switch version would be wonderful. :allears:

Thread is here for anyone who wants to experience the following:

Since that was written, the game has been updated so many times, you could likely write 2 more, equally long paragraphs, filled with more poo poo you could do.

You can spray a substance on a wall to make it sentient, and then you can talk to the wall.

I want so so so badly to love this game because it's entirely my poo poo, but I can never get past the very first side quest at Red Rock.

I need to try again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Are there any decent licensed car games in the pipeline yet?

No?

... Okay then. :smith:

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I own D3 on PC and PS4, am I wrong for wanting it on the Switch now? For those of you that have double or triple dipped, how are you liking it on the Switch compared to other versions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I haven't gotten mine yet but apparently download codes for Pirhana plant are going out. You put it in and then it will be added automatically whenever it's finished

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I haven't gotten mine yet but apparently download codes for Pirhana plant are going out. You put it in and then it will be added automatically whenever it's finished

I got mine yesterday emailed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

loudog999 posted:

I own D3 on PC and PS4, am I wrong for wanting it on the Switch now? For those of you that have double or triple dipped, how are you liking it on the Switch compared to other versions.
its the exact same game as on ps4, just without the rampant cheating online and you can play it in bed without remote play. it's pretty good if you're not already soured on diablo

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Actual footage of high level Wizard play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Mister Facetious posted:

Are there any decent licensed car games in the pipeline yet?

No?

... Okay then. :smith:

I'm dying for a "real" racing game. Hey Codemasters, where you at?

There are a couple new arcade racers (Road Redemption and GRIP), but they're both janky Kickstarter nostalgia games that don't play very well.

Dang it. Personally, I'd be down with some light fare like a Sega Rally Revo. Something easygoing but with fun physics.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 7, 2018

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

loudog999 posted:

I bought it on PC at launch, PS4 and now switch. IMO switch is the perfect diablo platform, I can pick it up and do a quick bounty or rift anywhere and don’t have to care about having dedicated time to play. It’s really good. You have to like the game of course but I don’t regret the purchase at all.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I'm dying for a "real" racing game. Hey Codemasters, where you at?

There are a couple new arcade racers (Road Redemption and GRIP), but they're both janky Kickstarter nostalgia games that don't play very well.

Dang it. Personally, I'd be down with some light fare like a Sega Rally Revo. Something easygoing but with fun physics.

You'd think EA would've ported Burnout Paradise already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

You'd think EA would've ported Burnout Paradise already.

That’s definitely another game I own on PC but don’t play that I would play the poo poo out of on Switch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m playing a Seasonal character on Expert (Diablo). I quit and all I see is quick match (which lets pubbies join me.) how do I join someone else’s game??

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I’m playing a Seasonal character on Expert (Diablo). I quit and all I see is quick match (which lets pubbies join me.) how do I join someone else’s game??

Best I can tell, you quick match, pick your difficulty and desired activity then it drops you into a room. About half the time the room is empty, and someone (or two) will join you halfway through your rift OR it drops you into someone else's room and you join them halfway into whatever they're into. I don't know if there's any sort of etiquette but usually if it was my room, I'll do my business back in town then fire up another rift and they can hop in at their convenience. If it was someone else's room, I'll let them do it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Huxley posted:

Best I can tell, you quick match, pick your difficulty and desired activity then it drops you into a room. About half the time the room is empty, and someone (or two) will join you halfway through your rift OR it drops you into someone else's room and you join them halfway into whatever they're into. I don't know if there's any sort of etiquette but usually if it was my room, I'll do my business back in town then fire up another rift and they can hop in at their convenience. If it was someone else's room, I'll let them do it.

So you only ever quickmatch and it either places you alone or finds you someone else. Ok, that’s apparently all there is to it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you want people to join you, you can also just bring up the menu and hit plus to change your privacy setting, it defaults to friends only which is why a lot of the time quick match doesn't find anyone.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

So you only ever quickmatch and it either places you alone or finds you someone else. Ok, that’s apparently all there is to it.

Yeah, I think QM is always a multi lobby, while Continue at the top puts you in the same position (in town) locked into single player.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Huxley posted:

Yeah, I think QM is always a multi lobby, while Continue at the top puts you in the same position (in town) locked into single player.
Nah you're always online, there's no explicit single player mode. Its just your privacy settings can be set to invite only, friends only (the default), or open.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
wanna smash

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Did the capcom beatem up bundle get the scanline update?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
We caved last night and bought Diablo on Switch. Playing this with a controller while cudding on the couch loving owns and there's a decent chance we'll basically ignore the PC version from now on, unless I specifically want to use one of my old non-season characters just for a laugh. It's serviceable with separate joycons, but I'm gonna grab the Pro controller tonight.

Probably gonna start bringing the Switch to work now. No, for some reason I haven't been doing that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If nothing else, the switch’s legacy will be ushering in the era of work gaming

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Are there going to be any good black Friday deals if I finally want to pull the trigger on getting a switch

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My Crusader build is based entirely around the assumption that I have no idea where my character is in all that poo poo at any given point. Just mash shield bash and explodey circle thingy as hard as I can as I careen around the level like a pinball.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want a db fighterZ amiibo, get on it nintendo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bowmore posted:

Hey yeah what the helle

Wher is my Verbeba???

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is it pronounced fighterz, or fighterz?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jackie D posted:

Are there going to be any good black Friday deals if I finally want to pull the trigger on getting a switch

Reply hazy, try again later.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If nothing else, the switch’s legacy will be ushering in the era of work gaming

The Switch is letting me relive my childhood of sneaking some gameboy time while in bed and hiding it from my mom except I have to hide it from my boss because I am supposed to be working and be a functioning adult. JOKES ON YOU FOR BOTH, BOSSMAN

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Because I am an impatient child I bought Moonlighter. My Smash coins brought it down to $20, which helps ease the sting a bit.

I'm starting to really love the coin system. It's not much but it's a clever way to keep your purchasing momentum.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bowmore posted:

We’ll get a Goku amiibo when he’s announced as the final DLC Smash character.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Today marks 1 year since Miiverse died.:rip:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeANMcBAY posted:

F U C K

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuM69EEB_mg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Jackie D posted:

The only one announced currently, I think, is Target's which is you get a Switch for the 300 it normally costs but you get Mario Kart 8 for free with it.