Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fool_of_sound posted:

Haha I had no idea kawaii Hitler started here

Lycus posted:

SA is the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.

:Snype edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Somfin posted:

Every horrible thing on the internet started with an SA meme escaping containment.

This is not a place of honour, y'all

E: QAnon can be traced back to SA banning discussion of anime. We are radioactive horrors.

I think Gamergate guy got banned from here for posting his idiot screed too.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

Which led pretty directly to Bannon exploiting the gently caress out of that weird nerd hate cult to create the MAGACHUD tire fire that's still raging to this day.

E: which means that Trump's entire presidency can be traced back to one lovely man not handling a breakup well

Somfin has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Nov 8, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Captain Monkey posted:

Yup. Luckily an admin caught it quickly and deleted that poo poo

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

Me chinese, me have plan
Me make OP live in van.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

EDIT: Removed. Bad idea, in retrospect

null_pointer has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Nov 8, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That poo poo ain't funny that's just racism

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
me white, me think I understand, me tell everyone what they can't and can

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

purple death ray posted:

Yeah pretty much hell it’s not even a joke.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Me saying "that's racist" isn't telling anybody what they can or can't do, it's just stating that it is in fact racist and not funny

Whether you can or can't do after that is completely up to you

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

Me saying "that's racist" isn't telling anybody what they can or can't do, it's just stating that it is in fact racist and not funny

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm sorry to be that guy, but as racist as it sounds, it is not really a joke. The way insurance in China works, you end up paying less for actually killing someone than you do for horribly injuring them, because then you're on the hook for their medical care as well as everything else. It's not even malicious- the average salary in China is something like 400 USD per month, but there are wildly disparate income levels in that estimate.

The reason I know that is my (Chinese) boss (in China) at my last job told me as a warning. Like, do not gently caress around when crossing the street, because even if you just get clipped and fall down, you might get backed up over.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm sorry to be that guy, but as racist as it sounds, it is not really a joke. The way insurance in China works, you end up paying less for actually killing someone than you do for horribly injuring them, because then you're on the hook for their medical care as well as everything else. It's not even malicious- the average salary in China is something like 400 USD per month, but there are wildly disparate income levels in that estimate.

The reason I know that is my (Chinese) boss (in China) at my last job told me as a warning. Like, do not gently caress around when crossing the street, because even if you just get clipped and fall down, you might get backed up over.

That’s the joke. It’s not a good joke but that’s the whole joke

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So do they just not go to jail for killing people with cars or...?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

purple death ray posted:

SA has a big problem with this poo poo. The OP of the China travel thread once linked to a post that said "Chinese are worse than dogs".

Whiz Palace has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Nov 8, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I don't personally think it's very funny :confused:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

So do they just not go to jail for killing people with cars or...?

I think in China if you're rich enough you can do whatever you want. Unlike other countries where... Oh, right.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
As far as I can tell, it's something that definitely and very publicly happened once, but isn't codified in law or anything, it was just an insane judgement that made headlines and now it's turned into "watch out because this happens regularly over there"

Lol at the goon trying to defend the "me Chinese" joke format though

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Such a noble people

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Wait it’s Japan that’s noble my bad

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

As far as I can tell, it's something that definitely and very publicly happened once, but isn't codified in law or anything, it was just an insane judgement that made headlines and now it's turned into "watch out because this happens regularly over there"

"Over there" being where I physically was at the time, for the record!

It's far more common for people to be in minor accidents and then act super-injured in the hopes of a payoff. My boss also told me to do that if I got hit and the driver stopped. She was a little weird.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

purple death ray posted:

I mean speak for yourself when I tell someone something’s racist I do mean they can’t do that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Over there" being where I physically was at the time, for the record!

I trust your boss as much as I trust Americans who think an undercover cop has to tell you they're a cop if you ask

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pirate Radar posted:

I mean speak for yourself when I tell someone something’s racist I do mean they can’t do that

I think they shouldn't, but don't have any authority to enforce it though, so.

Lol at the goon trying to defend the "me Chinese" joke format though

Ftr this is what is racist, not the concept of china's weird traffic laws or whatever.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I trust your boss as much as I trust Americans who think an undercover cop has to tell you they're a cop if you ask

that's totally true though; I heard it from this guy I know

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I think a Chinese person telling me about something that happens in China while she and I are living in China probably has more weight than 'some guy I know," but okay, if you really want to be lovely to me about it, good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I think a Chinese person telling me about something that happens in China while she and I are living in China probably has more weight than 'some guy I know," but okay, if you really want to be lovely to me about it, good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!

nice meltdown

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hogge Wild posted:

nice meltdown

Please stop with the poo poo catchprases and terrible, lazy posts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wanna work in China. Was it fun working in China?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Spanish Manlove posted:

also a nice meltdown

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

nice meltdown

You sound like you need a hug! And maybe a dictionary?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wanna work in China. Was it fun working in China?

Well, no...I was really struggling with sadbrains and very isolated. However, I think it would have been a gas if I'd been in a bigger and more accessible city. Actually, downtown was cool, it just took me between 90-120 minutes to get there and I get carsick on buses, so I was pretty lonely. I guess I can't say I recommend it or don't recommend it; China is a very interesting place and I think everyone has a different experience there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please stop with the poo poo catchprases

Of course!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please stop with terrible, lazy posts.

Never!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Of course!

Never!

why you always gotta be oldthoughtless like this >:(

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This is the same in the US by the way. Plaintiff lawyer is much happier with a brain-damaged client who needs care for the rest of his life than one who is killed.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Jesus, do I feel bad for having contributed to this terrible derail :sigh:

In an attempt to redeem myself:

peter gabriel posted:

My mother in law thought LOL meant Lots Of Love so we'd get text messages like 'Grandma has taken a turn for the worse LOL'

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

null_pointer posted:

Jesus, do I feel bad for having contributed to this terrible derail :sigh:

In an attempt to redeem myself:

That would be funny if the original clueless texter wasn't ex-UK Prime Minister David Cameron, and if it weren't in fact true.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Jedit posted:

That would be funny if the original clueless texter wasn't ex-UK Prime Minister David Cameron, and if it weren't in fact true.

I dunno, I think it's still pretty funny, even given those revelations :shrug:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Spanish Manlove posted:

More like Oldfunless

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

that is hogge wild in pyf

are you king canute irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

dreadmojo posted:

MEIN LEIBEN!! (dies)

more like MEIN LIEBCHEN