Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Those early beat downs still work for me, if only because they firmly demonstrate that getting into punching range of Jotaro (without any leverage) is almost always a losing proposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Roach Warehouse posted:

Those early beat downs still work for me, if only because they firmly demonstrate that getting into punching range of Jotaro (without any leverage) is almost always a losing proposition.

Yeah, I think you can contextualize the setup as "the first few fights establish Jotaro's strengths (can punch just about any other stand user into oblivion), and the trickier stands as the show goes on are about "how does Jotaro get into the range where he punches people into oblivion", having seen the whole thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how jotaro beats wheel of fortune makes anti-sense from the negaverse

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

He dug a tunnel by punching rocks fast, this is logical from the ghost being able to pucnh things very fast and hard.

Please take a course in Remedial Applications of Punches before talking about JoJo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He dug a tunnel by punching rocks fast, this is logical from the ghost being able to pucnh things very fast and hard.

Please take a course in Remedial Applications of Punches before talking about JoJo.

there was literally no time! if he could punchdig that fast then every fight could be resolved by jotaro instantly burrowing under the earth to pop up behind his enemy!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

there was literally no time! if he could punchdig that fast then every fight could be resolved by jotaro instantly burrowing under the earth to pop up behind his enemy!

PUNCH

FAST.

Or here if you'rea lore baby that doesn't understand basic concepts, he punches so fast and so precise not because he's just fast but as a latent part of his ability to stop time. In a moment of desperation he punched so insanely fast he was super speed, or rather the world was much slower.

But that's stupid and missing the point that the boy PUNCHES VERY FAST.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

That's not even that bad compared to Star Platinum somehow grabbing a bunch of water and forcing it up a storm drain to beat Yellow Temperance.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blockhouse posted:

Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, an enemy Stand did it.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

0 rows returned posted:

Anyway, the Call of Cthulhu lp is really not what I expected.
I've been enjoying Call of Cthulhu, because so far it feels spot on for how things would go in the pen n' paper version of of Call of Cthulhu. The bulk of the adventure is investigating and/or solving mysteries while dealing with normal people who get in your way. The bootlegger lady in particular feels like the kind of side character who has nothing to do with the mystery, but can nonetheless obstruct the player.

Here's the layout of The Haunting, the standard sample adventure that comes with the Call of Cthulhu core book: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/The_Haunting_(aka_The_Haunted_House)_(Scenario)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just now realizing that I don't understand the podcast. Is the whole thing camera recorded somewhere? The little clipped highlight parts they put on YouTube has me lost.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just now realizing that I don't understand the podcast. Is the whole thing camera recorded somewhere? The little clipped highlight parts they put on YouTube has me lost.

They stream it on twitch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I've heard some bad things about Call of Cthulhu Duty, but the LP makes it look kinda neat so far, I might grab it when it's on sale.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Monathin posted:

In this house we respect the name Boneraff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

VolticSurge posted:

I've heard some bad things about Call of Cthulhu Duty, but the LP makes it look kinda neat so far, I might grab it when it's on sale.

I've said it in a couple threads for people eyeing the game, but it's a Cyanide game and if you're not familiar with Cyanide's catalog, they're basically 'Cool Ideas - Mixed Eurojank Execution: The Studio' and while a lot of the criticism is obviously valid, I feel like a whole lot of people hyped up and bought that game not paying any attention to who was making it, then were blown away by just how whiplashy of an experience it can be, when having played a bunch of their other games I just sort of shrugged like yeah, that sure sounds like A Cyanide Game alright.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RareAcumen posted:

They record every podcast live on Twitch and leave archives for subscribers or whatever.

Matt and Pat have dedicated cameras and Woolie uses the world's filthiest laptop for some reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a reason Woolie and Pat are talking about Akira being an assist trophy in Smash like you have to be on a nintendo console at all to get in the game when the game is obviously just becoming more and more Video Game Crossover Museum with majority Nintendo characters

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They get constantly upset that goku counts because they think fighterz is the only Nintendo dbz game

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

They stream it on twitch.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They record every podcast live on Twitch and leave archives for subscribers or whatever.

Matt and Pat have dedicated cameras and Woolie uses the world's filthiest laptop for some reason.

Ohhhhh, that explains it. I dunno why it took till this 30 minute highlight for me to finally notice that.

Captain Baal posted:

Is there a reason Woolie and Pat are talking about Akira being an assist trophy in Smash like you have to be on a nintendo console at all to get in the game when the game is obviously just becoming more and more Video Game Crossover Museum with majority Nintendo characters

I mean, the man still has PS1 graphics to his appearance, that's worth mentioning on its own.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm more confused as why the conversation upon his mention turned into "This makes sense actually because Virtua Fighter was on this Nintendo console through this game" and not just "Akira's loving awesome and so is VF so this is cool."

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lollin @ first time Castlevania player upset at stairs

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did Liam ever finish his multi-part podcast series about how Smash needed to be rebooted or whatever?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Did Liam ever finish his multi-part podcast series about how Smash needed to be rebooted or whatever?

He did a stream a few months ago with Matt and a few other people called Deep Cuts where they predicted who would and should be cut from the roster, then Nintendo came out and said "EVERYONE IS HERE" and blew them out of the water.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

He did a stream a few months ago with Matt and a few other people called Deep Cuts where they predicted who would and should be cut from the roster, then Nintendo came out and said "EVERYONE IS HERE" and blew them out of the water.

On that day Nintendo said NAY

NONE SHALL BE LEFT BEHIND

NONE SHALL BE FORGOTTEN

(Because the greatest hero in video games is Kirby and you are going to loving accept it even if it means having him save the video game multiverse by himself)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I sometimes yearn for Kirby to have a badass eldritch form.
(My experience with Kirby has mainly been Canvas Curse, in case anyone asks)

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Kirby IS in his badass eldritch form.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SkeletonHero posted:

Kirby IS in his badass eldritch form.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Captain Baal posted:

Probably because every character that's appeared in Smash HAS been on a Nintendo console in some form.

...actually there might be a Metal Gear character or two that have appeared as a trophy or a sticker or spirit and have never appeared on a Nintendo console, but none are immediately jumping to mind.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 9, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh hey, they're playing the Missing.

Someone report back.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Vandar posted:

Probably because every character that's appeared in Smash HAS been on a Nintendo console in some form.

...actually there might be a Metal Gear character or two that have appeared as a trophy or a sticker or spirit and have never appeared on a Nintendo console, but none are immediately jumping to mind.

I think Cloud's the outlier here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tae posted:

Oh hey, they're playing the Missing.

Someone report back.

It's a one-off, nothing remarkable aside from Woolie being bad at geography, I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mystic Mongol posted:

He's been in several handheld Kingdom Hearts games and Final Fantasy spinoffs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I like Cloud and all, but I would have loved to see the Black Mage or one of the other FF1 classes in Smash.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

They literally introduced Cloud on a 3ds game right before the Cloud announcement.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
And now his original game is coming to Nintendo's latest console. 21 years is ample time for things to change, but it still feels odd knowing that one of the PS1's killer apps and Square-Enix's most famous success story after separating from Nintendo is coming to the Switch.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

And now his original game is coming to Nintendo's latest console. 21 years is ample time for things to change, but it still feels odd knowing that one of the PS1's killer apps and Square-Enix's most famous success story after separating from Nintendo is coming to the Switch.

Now Squall, there's a guy who'll never be in a Smash game.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

... whatever.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How come they didn't put Tactics on the Switch?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

It's a one-off, nothing remarkable aside from Woolie being bad at geography, I guess.

both bad at geography and not aware that native americans exist

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

How come they didn't put Tactics on the Switch?

It's a really bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's a really bad game.

Tactics owns