Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Laura Loomer had a meltdown.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1060354414458953729
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1060243169005191168
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1060235038296588289

She takes credit for Gillum and Abrams losing as well.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we come out of last night with 37 seats in the House and “only” losing 2 seats in the Senate then sorry, it was a legit Wave.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1060360046155087872

Yeah, it was a wave. I posted lamenting the absence of a wave in the election thread, but I'm a dumb sadbrain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

So the GOP traded 2 Senate seats for the entire House? And McConnell is trying to spin that as a victory?

Quite the victory there Mitch! :thumbsup:

Isn't Nelson going to a recount? Lol if Nelson wins and the GOP picked up a single seat.

i think they are seeing if they can get a recount.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Minenfeld! posted:

I don't get what I'm supposed to be seeing here. She's taking his microphone?

For a couple seconds he makes physical contact with someone trying to rip something out of his hand, therefore he is a monstrous woman batterer.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tibalt posted:

Someone find the actuary table that shows, statistically speaking, at least one of the Justices on the Supreme Court is going to die before 2022, tia.

The courts are lost to us. Maybe not for our children's children, but in our lifetime they are almost assuredly beyond our reach unless we grow the balls to stack them to the gills.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Minenfeld! posted:

I don't get what I'm supposed to be seeing here. She's taking his microphone?

He's in the middle of a hand gesture that they're trying to say was some sort of karate chop. It's more clear that it's a gesture in the full video; he does the same motion a bunch of times. This time there happens to be an intern in front of him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The woman is in permanent meltdown mode. What's new?

Laura Loomer legitimately needs psychological help, and I actually hope she gets it. She is cleary not well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

That's like the one of the most common joke names people give their WiFi networks at home.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was Laura Loomer one of our lovely Canadian exports to the states? It was that a different Canadian Chudette?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

NmareBfly posted:

He's in the middle of a hand gesture that they're trying to say was some sort of karate chop. It's more clear that it's a gesture in the full video; he does the same motion a bunch of times. This time there happens to be an intern in front of him.

White House hiring Michael Tracey as a selfdefense trainer to the interns was an unconventional choice, and I have to say I don't think it's working out.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Deified Data posted:

The courts are lost to us. Maybe not for our children's children, but in our lifetime they are almost assuredly beyond our reach unless we grow the balls to stack them to the gills.
Statistically, Thomas is the one on death's door.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think they are seeing if they can get a recount.

Isn't that just for the Gov race?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Star Man posted:

That's like the one of the most common joke names people give their WiFi networks at home.

I mean I want to say that the FBI would never be that dumb but the FBI and CIA are actually a bunch of incompetent boobs so I don't want to speak too soon.

On the other hand lol if Laura Loomer thinks the FBI is monitoring obscure Republican election watching parties in Minnesota.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mr Interweb posted:

Isn't that just for the Gov race?
Other way around - Senate race (Nelson v. Scott) is being recounted, but not the governor's race yet.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was Laura Loomer one of our lovely Canadian exports to the states? It was that a different Canadian Chudette?

Maybe you're thinking of Laura Southern, the lady who had to be rescued by the boat rescuers she was trying to obstruct.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

HobbitGrease posted:

What’s this sundowning dipshit gonna do? Call up Ocasio-Cortez and say, “You should hear what Pelosi said about you. Very unfair! I think you’re beautiful. Just beautiful.”?

I'm quoting this because the image is so hilarious I need to see it in the thread again.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean I want to say that the FBI would never be that dumb but the FBI and CIA are actually a bunch of incompetent boobs so I don't want to speak too soon.

On the other hand lol if Laura Loomer thinks the FBI is monitoring obscure Republican election watching parties in Minnesota.

"The FBI slashed everyone's tires at the Republican election party, and then proceeded to openly ugly cry in the parking lot because no one takes her seriously, not even other alt right wack jobs." - Laura Loomer

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

"one attendee said a WiFi network called “FBI surveillance van” popped up on his phone" Hahaha!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Is Abrams still contesting in GA?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ya'll in the thread are really living up to the thread title more closely than I thought you would.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Yeah - want the TL;DR on what's going on in Georgia

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Sharia law is so horrible! They are swearing on a book they consider holy, and they enforce laws based on religion"

(Refuses to glance at giant 10 Commandments Statue and abortion ban across the street)

I love when American chuds on twitter comment on "European sharia law" like Great Britain has become a Caliphate

For gently caress sakes, go outside and talk to people you wackos

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I feel like I need to start naming public wi-fi "FBI Deep State Monitor (Free Wi-fi!)"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Sab0921 posted:

the corrupt republican with no morals who controls the elections is also the corrupt republican with no morals on the ballot, think about what you could do with that and that probably happened

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sab0921 posted:

Abrams is behind but she's not conceding until the final count is in because the margin might be thin enough that it forces a recount. Kemp's campaign is insisting that is mathematically impossible and declared victory.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I just want someone to explain to me why Maryland re-elected Hogan.

I mean, I don't really, I know that the answer is the Eastern Shore.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Can someone smarter than me explain what the value is in Abrams or Nelson calling for a recount? It looks like the average amount of votes to change in a recount is 250, which is wildly less than their margins. Is the hope just to discover some kind of widespread fraud?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Petr posted:

It's my understanding a bunch of Maryland Dems endorsed him over Jealous which is Really lovely.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Brony Car posted:

Abrams is behind but she's not conceding until the final count is in because the margin might be thin enough that it forces a recount. Kemp's campaign is insisting that is mathematically impossible and declared victory.

I think it's even closer to forcing a run-off, and then it really won't be over.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Z. Autobahn posted:

Can someone smarter than me explain what the value is in Abrams or Nelson calling for a recount? It looks like the average amount of votes to change in a recount is 250, which is wildly less than their margins. Is the hope just to discover some kind of widespread fraud?
No cost in not doing so, really, and sometimes you get lucky.

Edit : also a runoff gets you a free refill if Kemp falls before 50%

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Z. Autobahn posted:

They can fight over questionable ballots, potentially identify fraud, and maybe even get a better result. There's no downside.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Z. Autobahn posted:

I think it's more that Kemp purposely sabotaged the vote by physically holding back voting machines and shutting down precincts on a whim. The man is guilty as gently caress.

Out of Florida I heard that a precinct was put right in the middle of a gated retirement community, and security would not let people in to vote.

Serious fuckery going on.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dad Jokes posted:

Yeah, afaik, the flips are:
- Dem to GOP: MO (McCaskill), FL (Nelson), ND (Heitkamp), IN (Donnely)
- GOP to Dem: NV (Rosen > Heller), possibly AZ (Sinema > McSally)

So -2 isn't great, but way less catastrophic than -4.

e: beaten

McCaskill, Heitcamp, and Donnelly were poo poo, IIRC. At least one defended kabsanaugh. Losing debate seats hurts, but losing them...meh, good riddance.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Petr posted:

Blue states love token, useless Republican governors. See Romney and Governator as examples

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TulliusCicero posted:

I love when American chuds on twitter comment on "European sharia law" like Great Britain has become a Caliphate

They call it Britbongistan on /pol/. That England has already fallen to the Muslim horde and that the rest of Europe - and indeed the world - is soon to follow if mighty whitey doesn't do something about it is pretty much the fundamental core thesis of these folks' ideologies.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Z. Autobahn posted:

In Abrams's case GA has a runoff if no-one gets above 50% on election night, so she just needs to slightly reduce Kemp's total margins (currently at 50.3%) to trigger a whole new election in December.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pollyanna posted:

McCaskill, Heitcamp, and Donnelly were poo poo, IIRC. At least one defended kabsanaugh. Losing debate seats hurts, but losing them...meh, good riddance.

They all voted against Kav, Manchin voted for Kav and won

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
In Georgia's case, a recount means time to draw attention to this race + corruption around it, cement voter suppression as the narrative, and get a do-over. In the case of Florida, if its close enough (less than 0.25% difference I think?) then it requires a recount by hand, which allows contesting ballots that the secretary of state rejected.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Sweet merciful Jesus she's sooooo loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
In Georgia specifically they’re worried about provisional ballots not being counted. They’re asking anyone who cast a provisional ballot to call a hotline to be sure their vote is counted.

I’ll let you guess what demographic probably had to cast a lot of provisional ballots and had their votes not counted for some “irregularities” or some bullshit.

Stacey Abrams is absolutely doing the right thing by demanding a recount and keeping a light shining on the whole process so it’s harder for Kemp to pull some bullshit.