Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Well so thats what it feels like to have a shooting in your hometown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
gently caress

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Oh poo poo, just discovered something not good.

We may have kicked out Walker but the Reps have comfortable supermajorities in the state houses (some of these numbers are absolutely hideous). Is this going to lock out the Dem governor from any say in redistricting?

edit: wait, this means the governor won't be able to do anything PERIOD

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 8, 2018

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
What loving sucks is that whole area is a bubble so now I need to wait and hear if my brother is okay and check in with basically everyone I know from that area.

Thanks America.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

teen witch posted:

On mobile but the gunman is dead as well, set your meters to “not white”

I wouldn’t speculate too much in this case. He also killed an officer, so yeah they’ll still shoot you even if you’re white.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RasperFat posted:

I wouldn’t speculate too much in this case. He also killed an officer, so yeah they’ll still shoot you even if you’re white.

Law enforcement do not want to set a precedent that if you kill a cop then you'll be killed even if you surrender because that would just cause cop killers to keep fighting and possibly injure/kill more cops. If Bowers was killed immediately after he crawled out in surrender and it was plastered all over the news then the next far-right shooter would be more likely to not surrender and fight to the death against cops instead.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ban guns.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

What loving sucks is that whole area is a bubble so now I need to wait and hear if my brother is okay and check in with basically everyone I know from that area.

Thanks America.

poo poo, I'm sorry to hear it. I hope your brother and your friends are alright.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
But a caravan of women and children approaching the border is the real threat guys. The president says so

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

qkkl posted:

Law enforcement do not want to set a precedent that if you kill a cop then you'll be killed even if you surrender because that would just cause cop killers to keep fighting and possibly injure/kill more cops. If Bowers was killed immediately after he crawled out in surrender and it was plastered all over the news then the next far-right shooter would be more likely to not surrender and fight to the death against cops instead.

True, but its also very possible that the shooter killed himself.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh poo poo, just discovered something not good.

We may have kicked out Walker but the Reps have comfortable supermajorities in the state houses (some of these numbers are absolutely hideous). Is this going to lock out the Dem governor from any say in redistricting?

It also isn't a good thing since Pennslyvania, Wisconsin and Michigan are needed to defeat Trump at this point, and Walker lost by less than 1%. I think Wisconsin might be a tipping point state.

Trump's best path is probably FL/OH/WI/NC at this point. Michigan and to a lesser extent Pennslyvania seem to be trending more blue.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 8, 2018

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Excuse me, I think you'll find that this is not the time to talk about that and doing so would be...indecourous.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ravenfood posted:

True, but its also very possible that the shooter killed himself.

This sounds to be the case. Cops found him dead when they went back in the second time.

I mean, early news chances of error and all, but that's the story right now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Story here says a witness describe the perpetrator with a light skin-color and black hair.

This is going for another "thoughts and prayers".

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

qkkl posted:

Sure they might say that. But in reality battle rage and bloodlust kick in.

It seems like it was a shootout situation in this instance, which there’s not much you can do if they are trying to suicide by cop and want to take out as many other people as possible.

poo poo even outside the heat of the moment, police often get trigger happy when chasing down cop killers. Remember the CA cop killer not that long ago? The police shot up some innocent people turned their car to Swiss cheese in their fury to catch the guy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

qkkl posted:

That's true, but if you kill a cop and don't surrender, they'll just go weapons-free on you.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060194964351660033?s=19

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Mr Interweb posted:

The executive branch retains power and responsibility in ways that go beyond signing/vetoing legislation, and the legislature has delegated substantial powers (including what appears to be some insane veto ability) to the Governor. They can, and almost inevitably will, scramble during the lame duck to strip that away like North Carolina did, but :matters: about this isn't accurate.

According to the Milwaukee paper, the GOP lacks a veto-proof majority. And speaking of vetos:

Totally healthy posted:

Republicans will determine what gets to Evers' desk — and when — but Evers will be able to reshape the budget using some of the vastest veto powers in the country. Wisconsin governors are able to trim out individual words in fiscal legislation, allowing them to rewrite how budgets are crafted.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm going to guess that the poll was of republicans, correct?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Are those numbers completely made up or just wholly misrepresented?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
So Reddit says the rapid response protests are starting today at 5pm. Is I'd too early or is this the time to go?

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Aggro posted:

People who think he’s moving too slowly or are unhappy that trump hasn’t been impeached yet are going to disapprove of his handling of the probe as well

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Aggro posted:

He is talking about this poll, apparently????????

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Enigma89 posted:

So Reddit says the rapid response protests are starting today at 5pm. Is I'd too early or is this the time to go?

This is way too early and is jumping the gun and will blunt the impact of protests if he is fired imo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Enigma89 posted:

I figure it's not, it sort of forces the issue. If they whine about how they were totally never gonna fire him, honest, it makes it harder to justify later (not that it would fully stop them, in any case), and if not, well.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

The executive branch retains power and responsibility in ways that go beyond signing/vetoing legislation, and the legislature has delegated substantial powers (including what appears to be some insane veto ability) to the Governor. They can, and almost inevitably will, scramble during the lame duck to strip that away like North Carolina did, but :matters: about this isn't accurate.

According to the Milwaukee paper, the GOP lacks a veto-proof majority. And speaking of vetos:

Interesting. Apparently, they need 2/3 (not just 60%) to override a veto, which they're literally one vote in one house short of.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060511925883285504

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Enigma89 posted:

Feels too early to me, not only has Muller not been fired but the proximity to the midterms will allow RWM to push a narrative of "they didn't win, so they're throwing a fit". Of course, there will always be spin, but I just don't see that firing Sessions is worth shooting our shot over. IMO, wait until Muller is directly threatened.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It's startling how easy it is to tell when the President doesn't write his own drat Tweets. This is far too eloquent and complete sentences-y.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My body is ready

https://twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1060505835078647808?s=19

E: lmao remind me why the gently caress he conceded again . I know... :decorum: but gimme a break

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Likewise is a word I'm confident he does not know how to use.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

My body is ready

https://twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1060505835078647808?s=19

E: lmao remind me why the gently caress he conceded again . I know... :decorum: but gimme a break

20K votes aren't gonna close that gap, unfortunately :(

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The probe, which has leaked nothing and referred out prosecutions, is only ever in the news when Trump is hammering it in public. Of course it's going to be an inkblot test for how one feels about Trump. One would think that will change once it actually takes action.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

It's bad, but the idea that Mueller, a Republican cop, was going to sweep in and save America from fascism single-handedly, was always pretty far-fatched.
This is such a naive take on your part. Do you have any idea how the world actually works?? He'll step up to a podium in front of a gaggle of hushed press, against the backdrop of a raging storm. With a slowly soaring score behind him, he'll begin to lay out the litany of felonies committed by Trump, his family, and his campaign. And, an orchestral swell at his back, he'll gather momentum and begin to detail the most heinous of Trump's misdeeds. Not crimes against the law, but against the very spirit of Democracy and against the core of this great nation and all the leaders who have come before him.

And then there will be a brief interlude of discordantly peppy music and Netflix will ask if I'm still watching.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I'd like to say about Florida...and maybe this is the fact that I spent my teenage years there in the 90's talking...but...I'd like to say that even though everyone rags on the place (including me), over four million people came out and put in the effort to try to get Gillum over the top. I'm proud of that, honestly.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shooter was antifa, wore all black. Too late to push back on this narrative. Always three steps behind the chuds.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'd like to say about Florida...and maybe this is the fact that I spent my teenage years there in the 90's talking...but...I'd like to say that even though everyone rags on the place (including me), over four million people came out and put in the effort to try to get Gillum over the top. I'm proud of that, honestly.

But memes

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Shooter was antifa, wore all black. Too late to push back on this narrative. Always three steps behind the chuds.

Really? Is this what they're running with?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Could you be just a little more annoying?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Really? Is this what they're running with?

Yep.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Could you be just a little more annoying?

The election is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Is there a political way out for our country? I keep thinking it's going to come down to violence. I don't want that, I'm not advocating that. But when one side just decides that truth doesn't matter, only power does, it sets us down a path I'm not sure how we escape. I don't know that our divisions can be healed. It's worrying and I don't know where to talk about it or if I'm even supposed to talk about it.