Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

She'll be fine, she's a cold iron woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really am glad that I took the time to go vote this week. Really let my voice be heard. Now the guy who became president after getting the second most votes and Senators elected by the seven people who live in Wyoming will get to put up a third Supreme Court Justice. Yay democracy! Yay The System!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

whew lad looks like POTUS gets 3 USC picks! :v:

Can we maybe not do this poo poo until we have more information?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I am just glad it isn't a hip. Hips are usually a death sentence for someone her age. Also, she is in amazing shape for someone her age. She has a personal trainer, eats extremely healthy, and goes to the gym regularly. It is gonna be okay guys.

Edit: Nihilists need to shut the gently caress up. Broken ribs are not a death sentence. RGB is not going to retire under Trump even if it will kill her.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/GregStohr/status/1060533984902430720

Seems she was able to spend all night without going to the hospital. Hopefully a sign that it isn't too bad.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

do y'all think fractured ribs means she's dead or something

it seems like something un-severe enough to where you don't even go to the hospital initially is probably not the life-and-death we're hosed crisis

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Pacra posted:

"She testified that Dunn told her, "I hate that thug music" before she left the car for the store, although Dunn claims he used the phrase "rap crap."

"The argument continued and an independent witness overheard Dunn say, "You aren't going to talk to me like that." Dunn, who had a concealed weapons permit,[3] took a handgun out of his glove compartment and started firing at Davis' door, hitting him in the legs, lungs, and aorta."

"Rouer returned to Dunn's car and they went back to their hotel where they ordered pizza. Dunn did not contact the police."

Can we have no more guns please and if we have to have guns can we have even stricter background checks where domestic abuse invalidates your privilege to have a gun

You skipped my favorite part.

"Dunn was given a sentence of life in prison without parole plus 90 years."

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
85 year olds tend to die pretty easy, yeah.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

I am just glad it isn't a hip. Hips are usually a death sentence for someone her age. Also, she is in amazing shape for someone her age. She has a personal trainer, eats extremely healthy, and goes to the gym regularly. It is gonna be okay guys.

Good.

Wait, she goes to the gym? Really? Jesus.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Three broken ribs aren't a cut carotid. I have faith RBG will heal herself through sheer force of will.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Broke three ribs and didn't even really notice until later. God speed, last bastion of democracy

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

With or without her the only option is court packing and other extreme measures. A Republican senate is never confirming a Democratic nominee again.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Oh jesus christ

This is hell, isn't it, i died in june 2016

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

gently caress it she needs to live

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eke out posted:

it seems like something un-severe enough to where you don't even go to the hospital initially is probably not the life-and-death we're hosed crisis

Fracture ribs are very bad for someone her age.

It makes inspiration incredibly painful, so the pt tends to take very short, quick breaths. This leads to pneumonia. That was a huge concern where I worked. It was why everyone got incentive spirometers bedside.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

KingNastidon posted:

And the left want it to be a white conservative as a political "win" that would justify criticism of conservative rhetoric and strengthen the case for gun control. We could just wait 12 hours for the shooter's actual identity rather than blindly speculating and hoping it's someone we don't like. Gives the bodies time to cool off a bit.

You can hope it's someone you don't like without blindly speculating.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Maybe on the first point, but as to the case for gun control it doesn't matter who it is

It shouldn't matter who it is to make a gun control argument, but it's a lot easier for the left to make gun control the primary narrative if it's a white chud than a muslim or illegal immigrant. That's why people are wishing that's the case.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Radish posted:

With or without her the only option is court packing and other extreme measures. A Republican senate is never confirming a Democratic nominee again.

There is a pretty large body of conservative lawyers/professors whom don't even consider court packing extreme -- rather a kind of logical thing since there is no real 9 justice rule anyway.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Good.

Wait, she goes to the gym? Really? Jesus.

Check out the documentary about her called "The Notorious RGB". It goes into her workout schedule. The woman is a machine and I love her.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

eke out posted:

My grandfather had a similar incident recently and he definitely had to go to the hospital.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

eke out posted:

When people are 85 falls are extremely serious. That's around the age my grandmother fell and she died a few weeks later.

That said, this one doesn't seem that bad, based on what we've heard. But we haven't heard a lot.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

eke out posted:

Have you never had an elderly loved one suffer some seemingly minor injury before? It tends to be a LOT tougher to get back to a healthy state at that age.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

eke out posted:

When an 85 year old person falls and break bones, it is a giant red flag. Innocuous things can be fatal at that age.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HappyHippo posted:

https://twitter.com/GregStohr/status/1060533984902430720

Seems she was able to spend all night without going to the hospital. Hopefully a sign that it isn't too bad.

Or the opposite. She went a few hours without realizing she had broken ribs, maybe it's minor, maybe she's so old and her body is failing in so many ways that broken ribs barely measures anymore.

"I thought it was one of my normal horrible torso pains, but eventually I noticed a distinct difference between the rib pain and my standard afternoon Pleurisy"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I don't know how we pack the court without the Senate. And I don't know how we retake the Senate any time soon.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

Uhhh, multiple fractured ribs in the elderly has a huge mortality rate. She just raised her odds of dying at least fourfold, and that's if she has no underlying cardiopulmonary disease.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It should be fun seeing Fox people not even hide their smiles and laughter today.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

When an 85 year old person falls and break bones, it is a giant red flag. Innocuous things can be fatal at that age.

If she was anyone else who couldn't afford the best of care, I'd be a bit more worried.

Until we have more information, I'm going to try and avoid going "THIS IS HELL, WE'RE ALL DOOMED" though.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Mitch McConnell can burn in hell forever

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

There is a pretty large body of conservative lawyers/professors whom don't even consider court packing extreme -- rather a kind of logical thing since there is no real 9 justice rule anyway.

It's extreme to politicians and pundits that either want an eternal conservative court or have drowned themselves in the decorum flavoraide that doing anything that isn't the same as what is considered normal to be literally unimaginable.

Frankly she should have retired in 2012 and gotten a replacement through when it became clear the GOP was radicalized and had no interest in doing anything in good faith. Avoiding the elephant in the room since it's offensive to conservatives and both sides idiots is dooming us all.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 8, 2018

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Fracture ribs are very bad for someone her age.

It makes inspiration incredibly painful, so the pt tends to take very short, quick breaths. This leads to pneumonia. That was a huge concern where I worked. It was why everyone got incentive spirometers bedside.

This is a good point but also bear in mind that RGB is not your average 85-year-old. The woman does modified HIT workouts for christ sakes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

no kidding. what it's not is "Well, Trump gets his third pick!"

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Have you never had an elderly loved one suffer some seemingly minor injury before? It tends to be a LOT tougher to get back to a healthy state at that age.

One of the complications for broken ribs is also pneumonia, which is, I'm told, really lovely for an old person.

I have faith in rbg though.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
RBG will zombie shuffle to court before she retires under the piss stain president.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Welp, we're boned

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Radish posted:

It's extreme to politicians and pundits that either want an eternal conservative court or have drowned themselves in the decorum flavoraide that doing anything that isn't the same as what is considered normal to be literally unimaginable.

If there was a time to pack the court, it would be now, where so many norms are being tested. Frankly, I support packing the USC since I don't think the USC in its current form functions very well, or is even doing its job well. There are so many circuit splits right now that even federal circuit courts are becoming unreliable sources of law.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wasn’t joking. ban guns.

they won’t give an inch, take a mile.
I’m onboard

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah 75+ year old people are basically horses when it comes to injuries

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I don't know how we pack the court without the Senate. And I don't know how we retake the Senate any time soon.
Give it two years; we can take it back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Nucleic Acids posted:

gently caress it she needs to liveed to retire during the Obama administration