Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Ravenfood posted:

Goddamn, a pirate cove in Lothern pulled in 800g a turn even before Lothern got upgraded on PartyElite's stream. This DLC can't come fast enough.

I think I have to go with Harkon in Vortex first, then either Noctilus or Saltspite in ME. I still haven't fully done a Vortex campaign in the Lustrian thunderdome so Harkon might as well be when I start, though Cylostra is also a close contender. I can't decide because she seems awesome but I don't like her start position as much.

Yeah I don't much like the look of Cylostra's starting location in either Vortex or ME, although I do like her as a legendary lord. Aranessa's vortex start is kind of off-putting to me because it seems to lock you into an inevitable elf war immediately, but I really like the look of her Mortal Empires start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I still can't bring myself to deal with ME turn times so I'm gonna go with Harkon or ghost lady

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
When it hits I'm gonna go bad boy Kemmler in his new start location.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ravenfood posted:

Goddamn, a pirate cove in Lothern pulled in 800g a turn even before Lothern got upgraded on PartyElite's stream. This DLC can't come fast enough.

I think I have to go with Harkon in Vortex first, then either Noctilus or Saltspite in ME. I still haven't fully done a Vortex campaign in the Lustrian thunderdome so Harkon might as well be when I start, though Cylostra is also a close contender. I can't decide because she seems awesome but I don't like her start position as much.

I mean, the real thunderdome start will be direfin since you're going to be wedged between Morathi and Mazdamundi with Crench, Alith Amar, and Khatep all coming for your nuts as well.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Don't forget, Big Daddy Squidface has to be downloaded separately: https://store.steampowered.com/app/835671/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Lokhir_Fellheart/

And opt out of the reinforcement beta if you want your game to auto-update.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, the real thunderdome start will be direfin since you're going to be wedged between Morathi and Mazdamundi with Crench, Alith Amar, and Khatep all coming for your nuts as well.

Yeah, but I did Morathi and Mazdamundi starts already, but not Skrolk so that side of Lustria is pretty unknown to me. I guess I could save it for whenever Itza gets a LL occupying it, but that could be awhile

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

You can click download on the new LL and it pushes a 7gb update.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/835671/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Lokhir_Fellheart/

my game wasnt updating but I clicked download on that and now its preallocating. its go time!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

And opt out of the reinforcement beta if you want your game to auto-update.

Yeah I just figured that out myself. Steam wasn't updating until I switched out of the beta branch.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
7GB update :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
oh right i forgot how much tw2 patching sucks for whatever reason even aside from the patch size

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh right i forgot how much tw2 patching sucks for whatever reason even aside from the patch size

steam patching if you want to play something right now is unbearable

patched 5/7gb then just stays at 0kb/s for ages without explaining why

nice

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

The takeaway from those streams is to start dropping Coves as soon as possible in high-income target provinces. Lothern is probably first priority in that regard. A ton of those Vortex-adjacent provinces are coastal so there's some big money to be made up there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hentai Jihadist posted:

steam patching if you want to play something right now is unbearable

patched 5/7gb then just stays at 0kb/s for ages without explaining why

nice

I think when it stops downloading and spends forever on "disk usage" partway through a dl it's steam unpacking files.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Achievement: "Playing as the Drowned, construct the Cylostra's Opera House in Lothern."

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I honestly don't think this could download any slower. I was a rookie to think I could stay up for this.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Achievement: "Playing as the Drowned, construct the Cylostra's Opera House in Lothern."

:lol:

Shes gonna loving sing. Pretty cool character tbh.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Looking forward to her new end times lore

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dongattack posted:

:lol:

Shes gonna loving sing. Pretty cool character tbh.

She came back from the grave to sing for the pheonix king. And if she has to drown every elf to do it, well, so be it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

oh wow so it's not just me and my lovely internet that's making this thing download at 450 kbs then?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Whorelord posted:

oh wow so it's not just me and my lovely internet that's making this thing download at 450 kbs then?

my download speed is fine, but i'm at 250mb out of 7gb because of their obnoxious install structure

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm still stuck on preallocating.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I regret not setting this download up before I went to work. Hopefully download times will have eased off by 7pm or so.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
It took me about twice the time a download that size would normally, FYI.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Goddammit, don't forget to switch from the beta if you're on it guys, otherwise the patch won't download :v:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

well it's gone up to 600kbs now :negative:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Intro cinematic is my fave of them

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
aranessa is cool

edit: also upgradeable ship bases are cool

peer fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 8, 2018

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Intro cinematic is pretty cool.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Being paused at 5.9gb suuuucks

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Being paused at 5.9gb suuuucks

i wish i was paused at 5.9gb

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mine started downloading at 830pm last night and isn’t done when I woke up today at 730 :negative:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Please hold off on spoilers until this guy is done downloading goons.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Mine downloaded when I was in the shower this morning and now I'm a vampire pirate on the high seas.

The necrofex colossus is dope.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Don't worry, it will be worth it.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Based on half an hour of playing this is my favourite dlc and maybe favourite faction so far

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Vampires were my favorite faction at release, glad to see CA agrees and decided to add 10 vampire legendary lords, blood kiss generic lords that are legendary-lord tier, a new start for heinrich and vampirates.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deakul posted:

What's the cheapest place to grab the new Vampirates from in the US? Isthereanydeal has been a buggy inaccurate piece of poo poo lately.

Probably Voidu with the code Vampiric

https://www.voidu.com/en/total-war-warhammer-ii-curse-of-the-vampire-coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how the gently caress do you do these cypers and other puzzles. i have no clue what they want in each one.