Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Saw a picture of a map in one of the review by accident and, hell, I'm glad of the map I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

spb posted:

Saw a picture of a map in one of the review by accident and, hell, I'm glad of the map I saw.

They're all good maps

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Forgot about this when red dead launched but im hyped to be playing this tonight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Forgot about this when red dead launched but im hyped to be playing this tonight

With a heavy heart I decided to wait until tuesday even though i'm sure i'll end up buying all the DLC stuff eventually. Also I don't even know if my download would be done by midnight if I started it now, it's like 100 gigs if you count the legacy pack stuff

edit: also has anyone on console with a digital edition of Hitman 1 been able to redeem that? there's supposed to be a button for it on the in-game store page but I just reinstalled it and I don't see it anywhere yet

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I think on the IOI faq they said they’re only enabling it when Hitman 2 is released

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I only have so much time to game so I'm settling with this:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Palpek posted:

Sick lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

Lol awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1060653700862144518

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Omg steam with the comeback KO on xbox fuuuu

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Palpek posted:

Hell yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gonna be running a midnight refund extravaganza on my stream. Tune in.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Hey everyone, time to cornhole that refund button

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Palpek posted:

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

Lol the Steam gold version is available for $70 today, that's a deal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

Lol the Steam gold version is available for $70 today, that's a deal

Wtf

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I played one run of the colombia level for 2.5 hours last night. That might be the longest ive spent on a hitman level in one sitting ever. This game is pure crack to hitmanheads, the fact they were able to escape squeenix and retain the rights to put all the season 1 levels in this one is insane, this game actually manages to outdo season one.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The fact that all the hitman 1 content is in this game with better graphics/mechanics is a HUGE win for the patient gamer.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
this game seems good but its also 300 dollars or something. and i haven't played hitman 2016 [shitman 2016]

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

this game seems good but its also 300 dollars or something. and i haven't played hitman 2016 [shitman 2016]

luckily you can play that entire game updated in this one for the low low price of 70 dollars on gaymangaming and 20 dollar dlc. Its actually saving money to spend 90 dollars on a game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The fact that all the hitman 1 content is in this game with better graphics/mechanics is a HUGE win for the patient gamer.
Counterpoint: I played the poo poo out of season 1 and loved it and now I get to do it again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I played one run of the colombia level for 2.5 hours last night. That might be the longest ive spent on a hitman level in one sitting ever. This game is pure crack to hitmanheads, the fact they were able to escape squeenix and retain the rights to put all the season 1 levels in this one is insane, this game actually manages to outdo season one.

Everything i've read from people says that all the levels are as good as the best level in the first game (whichever one you may believe that is). Can't loving wait . That competitive mode sounds cool too

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's insane to me that a hitman game this good exists. after absolution, after the complaints about the episodic release of season 1, after being dropped by square enix

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mumbai is loving sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Mumbai is loving sick

How're the load times, do i need to clear like 150 gigs off my SSD for this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

How're the load times, do i need to clear like 150 gigs off my SSD for this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

having a lucrative weekend at work and went ahead and jumped on the gold edition. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the maps are still individual separate downloads again so i'll actually get a chance to play it today instead of waiting like 12 hours!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/1060235732596523009?s=21 l

The suit is so cool and I’ll never have it because every single time I played Season 1 it was in between targets and I never got the chance.

I love these games but limited-time events really drag it down for me. They’re just the worst thing in video games. Even worse than loot boxes, probably.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they were running an elusive target for 2 week spans every 4 weeks up until like 3 weeks ago and youre blaming them that you never did a single one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

they were running an elusive target for 2 week spans every 4 weeks up until like 3 weeks ago and youre blaming them that you never did a single one

That’s 2 week spans without them, too. gently caress them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They should have less content so that I don’t miss the extra content, if they have it. And yes, I AM deliberately ignoring the commodity orientation of the design philosophy, since it’s implicit bitch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do you have to pay for the elusive targets. If not then what’s the drat problem besides your little feefees.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No it's free missions with fully voiced new NPCs/targets and mini storylines

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Online limited-time events in a single player game are bullshit and I’m not backing down from that. gently caress off if you don’t like it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Do you have to pay for the elusive targets. If not then what’s the drat problem besides your little feefees.

theyre free, hes upset that he was expected to play the game once over the 2 years since it was released

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

and they arent even locking anything with gameplay implications behind it, its a different suit or a reskinned item

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The same goes for the Moogle Festival stuff in FFXV. Maybe it’s some weird vestigial thing Square Enix forced on them that they decided to keep for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Online limited-time events in a single player game are bullshit and I’m not backing down from that. gently caress off if you don’t like it.

Your a duck yard bro.