Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Sprite. You don't they just merge in

What do you mean by just merge in?

If I can't get the new stuff in this game, I suppose I can live with that, as I am really enjoying this campaign. Just got a flawless on a protect the device mission where things seemed to be going tits up, I accidentally deployed my hacker with just a shotgun and no gremlin (seems to sometimes happen with that RPG overhaul that equipment will reset and you have to make sure everyone's equipped correctly) and I activated three pods at the same time. Somehow I got through it without being shot at a single time, made judicious use of teamwork for extra actions for my assault and gunner (who also gets one bonus action per turn for close quarters kills) and dominated an advent prisest with my psi operative I've been training up. Templar also came in handy, especially against an Andromedon shell, just hitting him with rend and using parry to absorb the punches allowed me to pretty much negate that fucker. Templars kind of rule actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

If you clear the campaign the armor/guns will be added to your inventory and the others are all settings in the expected locations

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Legacy ops: His loving sweater, really?

Node fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 8, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Node posted:

DO YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA MOTHERFUCKER??

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

If you clear the campaign the armor/guns will be added to your inventory and the others are all settings in the expected locations

Thanks. I just finished the first one on Nightmare/Commander difficulty. I liked some of the missions and they felt pretty well balanced, except the first two which were just tedious overwatch spamming on my part, which is something I've stopped doing, now playing much more quickly and aggressive. I really liked the police station mission though, something like 25 ADVENT, including a sectopod, in that one building crammed with civilians and you just have to make the absolute best use of your abilities in order to pull through.

Pretty pleased with the unlock actually I had just upgraded to plasma weapons but had been pretty apprehensive about it for the simple reason that I really prefer the look and feel of the magnetic weapons. Thankfully the legacy plasma weapons actually look pretty drat good, though sadly I one got one of each type.

Thinking I'm going to blast through the other three as well, though not on Nightmare, those attitudes look pretty neat.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So, I know I'm a bit late in the game, but is this normal? Just got a resistance faction mission that rewarded me an engie + 104 intel + 2 captain rangers. Was admittedly fairly challenging (berzerker queen + lost + tightly packed pods) but still feels rather high...

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Playing TLP and ran into a Specter for the first time (also my first WotC game). It popped up and did a Shadowbind on my Marksman. I killed the Specter, which was the last Alien on the map. The Shadow vanished, but then when the mission was ending, my Marksman died. My understanding from reading around is that the soldier should have been released. Is that not accurate? Perhaps it is because of one of the mods I'm using, including 'A Better...' series? I checked Better Advent but didn't see this explained.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No you're right, the bound soldier is supposed to come back.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I thought the spoiler people were alluding for the final legacy op was going to be Peter Van Doorn. Came out disappointed, but not unsatisfied.

I liked this way of playing XCOM, do generated ops use Alien Hunters and Shen's Legacy Content? Does it add enemies from mods if you have those installed? It got a bit predictable there by the end, other than some map design tricks.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
So I feel like a massive idiot for asking this, but where is the button that lets you recruit additional reapers/templars/skirmishers? I am getting pretty far into the game and I think I have gotten one extra reaper from a covert mission, but that's it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

kanonvandekempen posted:

So I feel like a massive idiot for asking this, but where is the button that lets you recruit additional reapers/templars/skirmishers? I am getting pretty far into the game and I think I have gotten one extra reaper from a covert mission, but that's it.
Covert missions are how you get them. They're very, very limited resources. If you lose your only templar/reaper/skirmisher though, I think its basically guaranteed you'll get a covert op to get another one when the list refreshes. I think you also have a soft cap of two per type at any one time.

e; Actually, without mods, I think it might be a cap of one per type, with the one you start with not counting towards that. I'm not sure.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kanonvandekempen posted:

Covert OPs will appear sometimes, you can only max out at two each though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

kanonvandekempen posted:

I'd like to know this too, but i think it's only from covert ops. I saw one mission to recruit a reaper early in the game and haven't seen a single one for any of the factions since. Its kinda annoying. A squad of Templars would be dope.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

kanonvandekempen posted:

By default you can only recruit one extra faction soldier from the faction you start the game with. It pops up as a covert op. If you have them die it'll also pop up randomly but only to the max of 2/1/1.

Reality Machina has a mod that let's you get up to 2 for all of them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Node posted:

I'd like to know this too, but i think it's only from covert ops. I saw one mission to recruit a reaper early in the game and haven't seen a single one for any of the factions since. Its kinda annoying. A squad of Templars would be dope.

Its not Templars, but if you have the MOCX and Fulton Extraction mods from RealityMachina, you can forcibly recruit all the Skirmishers you want.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I had a mission where the only remaining enemies were a single lost, a viper, and a stun lancer. So naturally the viper bound the lost and the lancer missed the lost and they stood there looking real stupid as I killed them.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
God I love the mod that changed Lost targeting to be 50/50. I've got to start using the lures more.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BexGu posted:

God I love the mod that changed Lost targeting to be 50/50. I've got to start using the lures more.

The Shadow Ops perk pack gives the Recon class two free ultrasonic lures as a level up option, which is nice.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does WOTC make all “protect the device” levels be sewer levels? I’ve done 4 of them in WOTC and all were sewer levels, with 1 crew of aliens running around the area and the others all clustered around the objective from the start.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Digirat posted:

Does WOTC make all “protect the device” levels be sewer levels? I’ve done 4 of them in WOTC and all were sewer levels, with 1 crew of aliens running around the area and the others all clustered around the objective from the start.

It does not. I've done some in other areas in the past week.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I got one on a not-Newfoundland map, I think. In general mine have been in cities though.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marshmallow creep posted:

The Shadow Ops perk pack gives the Recon class two free ultrasonic lures as a level up option, which is nice.

Well now I'm going to be using the Recon class solider I accidentally leveled too more!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Coolguye posted:

DO YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA MOTHERFUCKER??

yeah sorry node but that was the perfect ending to the legacy ops campaigns

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Iron Crowned posted:

Covert OPs will appear sometimes, you can only max out at two each though.

I have 3 skirmishers in my current game. I had 2, one got captured on a covert op, and then I recruited another. Then months later, the rescue mission for the captured dude came up. Poof, 3!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Fulton mod is really fun. Mostly for having Menace 1-5 all pick up an enemy corpse before they scamper onto the skyranger, but also so you don't screw yourself with a weirdly rare enemy spawn on a forced extraction mission. And of course, ballooning a MOCX squad and brainwashing them into your buddies. I have a whole Skirmisher squad from taking them out. I kinda wish the Spec Op class had a perk for Peace Walker style KOs into Fultons.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When will we get a mod for the rocket launcher that knocks out and fultons everyone it hits?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Psion posted:

It does perfectly reinforce the theory that Bradford literally made his entire campaign(s) up to bullshit the Commander.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Bogart posted:

The Fulton mod is really fun. Mostly for having Menace 1-5 all pick up an enemy corpse before they scamper onto the skyranger, but also so you don't screw yourself with a weirdly rare enemy spawn on a forced extraction mission. And of course, ballooning a MOCX squad and brainwashing them into your buddies. I have a whole Skirmisher squad from taking them out. I kinda wish the Spec Op class had a perk for Peace Walker style KOs into Fultons.

I forgot which class pack had it (Its either Richards Class/Shadow OPs) that has a class that focuses on using the Stun Arch gun instead of a pistol. Really class to be able to shutdown a single enemy for a turn or two and it would work great for the Fulton.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Node posted:

What else do you think would be worth fighting 3 avatars? :colbert:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Falcorum posted:

What else do you think would be worth fighting 3 avatars? :colbert:

Bare handed! While the secret base had a rocking soundtrack blaring in the background!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So if you rend, combat presence, parry, rend, and parry again, you can parry 2 attacks on the same turn. Super Cheats! Or maybe intended.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Also, Kill All Civilians

https://i.imgur.com/wryf2n0.mp4

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
jesus christ the remixed x-com soundtrack is absolutely radical, I can't believe I didn't enable this sooner.

Psion posted:

I'm not complaining at all, I found it hilarious but utterly baffling at the same time.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hey, anyone know if there's a mod that slows down research speed a bit? As we know, WotC is a bit hectic especially with DLCs not integrated and the Lost and the Damned enabled, and with covert ops rewards of scientists and engineers and the new mechanics for inspired research and breakthroughs I'm finding I have been blasting through the tech tree a bit too fast for my own liking, rolling with magnetics within a month of starting and stuff like that.

Though I'm enjoying the campaign I was playing, I've found some more mods I want to play with (mostly perks and classes and such), so I'm thinking of starting a new one. And doing something to slow down the pace of the game just a little bit would be good I think. I tried googling for a research speed mod but couldn't really find it, perhaps it's simple to just mod that yourself? Though I don't know how that would effect enemy levelling and such (are they based on your tech level, soldier levels?)

e: huh, seems to be quite simple. Gonna make my own implassic difficulty I figure. Also I think I'll change the Chosen to not appear until a month into the game maybe.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 9, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bruceski posted:

A lot of the classic star trek folks went into voice acting (I wonder if being so recognizable was a detriment to getting other TV roles) and I don't know if they all have the same agent or if they're just quick on the "you need someone for that role? I know a guy" but when one shows up there's usually more than one.

The Gargoyles cartoon from the 90s is almost a TNG reunion as well, iirc.

Patrick Stewart rarely shows up among them, though funnily enough he voiced Picard on Robot Chicken.

Coolguye posted:

man i need to roll my personal character as angry because ever since the game loving released i've had that written into my bio

Way funnier as a SPARK with the snarky voice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This new expansion needs to hurry up and show up on consoles :saddowns:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I rushed the Assassin's Stronghold after her introduction, and was waiting on the right time to hit her, killing some time to let my A team come off of tired status, and got a council mission. Fine, I can handle that with the B team. Then I took the A team into the stronghold and it was so exhausting literally everyone came out of it shaken for three weeks. Immediately afterwards, I got hit with the Avenger Defense, which I was able to get through with some of the B team guys who weren't too tired or busted up, but now two of those characters are shaken as well. And now a supply raid just popped. :supaburn:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like imagining the reason behind supply raids being so sudden and time sensitive is because the preceding events were a couple of resistance yokels getting drunk off bathtub whiskey and getting so mad about aliens that they hosed up a train track and derailed a train because gently caress Advent. Then after a minute realizing "oh poo poo we should call XCOM with their flyin' ship". Mainly because I'd 100% be that kind of yokel if I were in the resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Has anyone played Enemy Within on the IPad? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to aim rockets at higher targets.