Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zeno-25 posted:

I'd get a probe if i did but let's just say that entire cities were annihilated last time the fash had to be slapped down.

No I want to see you say it, for the record. Own it.

I think people should protest Tucker Carlson, at his house if necessary. If they want to punch him, then more power to them. But they should not bomb his house or risk killing his kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sir Lemming posted:

Lol at the suggestion that yelling at people's houses is suddenly the only way to defeat fascists. What is it even gonna do? You really think Tucker is gonna resign in shame now? Any possible benefit to this seems disproportionately small compared to how problematic it is.

you make them uncomfortable. look how much they flipped out over being chased out of restaurants.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

Lol at the suggestion that yelling at people's houses is suddenly the only way to defeat fascists. What is it even gonna do? You really think Tucker is gonna resign in shame now? Any possible benefit to this seems disproportionately small compared to how problematic it is.

In what way is it "problematic"? And no one's saying it's the only way to fight fascists, much less that it's going to make Tucker resign in shame anytime soon. People are saying that the left needs to be willing to put sustained pressure on fascists if they want to win.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's loving 2000 all over again. How does Florida manage to continually suck this bad for this long?

because its just does. too many olds and rich chud types live there and the various ghouls in charge use their collective bigotry to use the state a grifters paradise. most states would go under with that kinda poo poo. but Florida has gently caress ton of tourist money because it has tons of places people want to visit.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh thank god for the judiciary

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

All I’m saying is that if you threw a brick through Tucker Carlson’s window, feels like he’d be more likely to shield his commemorative Donald Trump Won North Korea plates than any member of his family.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nobody is attaching Tucker's kids. You've already bought into a false dichotomy. Protesting him at his house and putting the fear of God in him has nothing to do with his kids. He's just using them as a deflection from his actions. They live there? Ok. They aren't targets of the protest. They are not threatened and no one is threatening them.

No one committed any wants of violence against them and no one threatened to. End of story.

it's really amazing that someone just made poo poo up with zero proof and now The Sane Reasonable Stance is "ACTUALLY these people who, at worst, rung his doorbell are evil and must be condemned"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No boot is too caked in the blood and bone of the underclass for THE LEAGUE OF DECORUM to lick!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sexpig by night posted:

it's really amazing that someone just made poo poo up with zero proof and now The Sane Reasonable Stance is "ACTUALLY these people who, at worst, rung his doorbell are evil and must be condemned"

People protesting Tucker Carlson at his house is good. I am willing to endorse that just fine.

Are you saying there was no bomb threat? Because if so then I have no problem with it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Strip Florida of statehood and give it to Puerto Rico. That way we won’t have to change the flags.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Lightning Knight posted:

I think people should protest Tucker Carlson, at his house if necessary. If they want to punch him, then more power to them. But they should not bomb his house or risk killing his kids.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nobody is attaching Tucker's kids. You've already bought into a false dichotomy. Protesting him at his house and putting the fear of God in him has nothing to do with his kids. He's just using them as a deflection from his actions. They live there? Ok. They aren't targets of the protest. They are not threatened and no one is threatening them.

No one committed any wants of violence against them and no one threatened to. End of story.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

It’s not the only way, it’s just one important tactic. If there is no price to pay for his rhetoric, why wouldn’t he continue to ratchet it up?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1060610444761722880

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's loving 2000 all over again. How does Florida manage to continually suck this bad for this long?

Something something feature something not bug something

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Most rich people in the media, like Steve Colbert, definitely have more solidarity with Tucker than any of the people he attacks, villifies, and sets as targets for violence daily.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
so much lol

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/fo...R6e0EIVsaaVG87M

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1060528476019671041

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's really funny watching conservative purists create failure "just for us racists!' versions of social media over and over again, both because the resulting websites are pathetic and because they are inevitably poorly designed and open to huge security loopholes. It's watching the free market as envisioned solely by Rand go tits-up in real time, like a comedy version of Bioshock.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Why? So you can beat me in an argument just like beating the fascists in a civil discussion will make them go away?

Liberals are pathetic.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Napolitano is an authorized dissenter

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lightning Knight posted:

People protesting Tucker Carlson at his house is good. I am willing to endorse that just fine.

Are you saying there was no bomb threat? Because if so then I have no problem with it.

It does feel like the "bomb threat" if there even was one is being massively conflated with the protest, going by the last few pages of this thread. Which isn't correct even if it was a Bomb Threat and not just some guy yelling dumb poo poo at a protest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

where are you getting 'bomb threat'????? What are you even using as your source????

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

I'm from 18 years in the future and I need to warn the Democrats not to dick around in congress 2008-2010... oh no Florida is just messing up recounts again.

Aside from the actual results the biggest impression from the recent election was the endless news reports on the voting experience. Multi-hour lines to vote, broken equipment and naked voter suppression. The impression on popular media was of a third world country with strained infrastructure trying to run its first real-election. I realize the media is reporting on the worst experiences, but it was kind of embarrassing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Every so often Napolitano says things that are in line with reality and it breaks their loving skulls. It's like taunting dogs with food and watching their heads cock from side to side.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love how on person has break from this fantasy bullshit and the hive mind snaps at it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zeno-25 posted:

Why? So you can beat me in an argument just like beating the fascists in a civil discussion will make them go away?

Liberals are pathetic.

How about go gently caress yourself you sniveling little poo poo.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Lightning Knight posted:

There was mention of a bomb on twitter, but no actual threat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.b1f3ca31c089

quote:

The group called Carlson a “racist scumbag" and demanded that he “leave town,” according to posts on Twitter. A woman was also overheard in one of the deleted videos saying she wanted to “bring a pipe bomb” to his house, he said.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sexpig by night posted:

where are you getting 'bomb threat'????? What are you even using as your source????

I’m going by what the thread has been discussing. I am not home. I am literally asking you for a correction, if there was no bomb threat then I retract my objection entirely.

^ thank you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love how on person has break from this fantasy bullshit and the hive mind snaps at it.

Judge Nep Nep is a hardcore libertarian meaning yea he's basically 100% against the executive using its power in most ways which Fox loves when it's a democrat, but hates when it's a Republican

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm less concerned with anything the actual protestors did and more at the people in this thread who *also* bought into the framing that the protest was indeed a threat to the kids and *then* chose to shrug that off as the cost of doing business, myself. One of those guys, in fairness, is now on probe.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 8, 2018

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Basically, as long as Fox News and Sinclair Media exist, the GOP can easily rile up its base or sway people on the fence.

Sadly, no one on the left has an answer to this problem. They have no defense against what's basically the default news media for much of this country outside the nice coastal cities.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m going by what the thread has been discussing. I am not home. I am literally asking you for a correction, if there was no bomb threat then I retract my objection entirely.

I've heard literally nothing about bomb threats. At most I heard someone (not even there?) saying that in some video of the protest they heard someone say something about a 'pipe bomb' which for all we know could have been talking about, ya know, the time he laughed about Soros getting a pipe bomb mailed to him by someone who likely was a viewer of his.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

you make them uncomfortable. look how much they flipped out over being chased out of restaurants.

The chasing them out of restaurants thing should 100 percent continue, until there isn't so much as an Uno or a Shake Shack they can walk into. They've intentionally set themselves apart from normal life and they do not get to tour it with their friends and family.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sexpig by night posted:

I've heard literally nothing about bomb threats. At most I heard someone (not even there?) saying that in some video of the protest they heard someone say something about a 'pipe bomb' which for all we know could have been talking about, ya know, the time he laughed about Soros getting a pipe bomb mailed to him by someone who likely was a viewer of his.

Ok. I think that’s basically nothing then. Thank you.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Basically, as long as Fox News and Sinclair Media exist, the GOP can easily rile up its base or sway people on the fence.

Sadly, no one on the left has an answer to this problem. They have no defense against what's basically the default news media for much of this country outside the nice coastal cities.

who does fox news go to after murdoch dies?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

From ages ago, but I think this should be the new standard example of irony, worldwide.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm less concerned with anything the actual protestors did and more at the people in this thread who *also* bought into the framing that the protest was indeed a threat to the kids and chose to shrug that off as the cost of doing business, myself. One of those guys, in fairness, is now on probe.

so basically you consider it 'evil' (You're the dude who said protesting was becoming 'evil' like Tucker) if some dude brings up some hypothetical and you don't give a poo poo about it?

Like, do you want everyone to formally condemn the possible rumor of someone riding a dragon through Tucker's house too? Who gives a gently caress?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

who does fox news go to after murdoch dies?

one of his failsons.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

quote:

A woman was also overheard in one of the deleted videos saying she wanted to “bring a pipe bomb” to his house, he said.

Well that certainly seems like a good reason for this thread to break down hyperventilating over some THINK OF THE CHILDREN nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm less concerned with anything the actual protestors did and more at the people in this thread who *also* bought into the framing that the protest was indeed a threat to the kids and *then* chose to shrug that off as the cost of doing business, myself. One of those guys, in fairness, is now on probe.
The real problem in this country are the people who shrug off the things that didn't happen.