Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mendrian posted:

... under what definition would it possibly be a hate crime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Zeno-25 posted:

:decorum:

Now you're getting it

Go jerk off to your kid killing guerilla dress up games somewhere else, the adults are talking itt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone else infinitely amused that Lindsay Graham’s name hasn’t popped up once for the replacement AG? Lol forever if Trump is throwing him under the bus after he spent so long debasing himself.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

who does fox news go to after murdoch dies?

his sons, one of whom seems to have had some amount of shame and wanted to move the network in a less chuddy direction. he got pushed out. the other one just wanted a little less blatant sexual harassment and will probably take over.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

DandyLion posted:

What if we played into the Republican's game, and eliminated health care for the non-wealthy entirely. That would make each year a 5%-10% attrition rate in Republican voters, which should only take a single presidential term to totally eliminate the republican base....

that's already the case. The elderly trend Republican because the poor die off faster. There are studies.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Xarthor posted:

Print this as a giant poster:

I still haven't bothered looking back at the Jacobin since that masturbatory article about a guy's happy visit to the Communist utopia that is North Korea and how he wanted to go back and smuggle in Tolstoy. Has it gotten any better?

*EDIT*

Trotsky, pardon. Not Tolstoy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Push El Burrito posted:

I hate Tucker Carlson and I support crimes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Making protected classes be protected period and not "just the good ones" is a good thing unless they let you be in charge of exactly picking who the good ones are.

protected classes are inherent aspects of a person. your political ideology is a choice.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Making protected classes be protected period and not "just the good ones" is a good thing unless they let you be in charge of exactly picking who the good ones are.

Shut the gently caress up OOCC.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there's a solution to this - Nelson's race is close enough to require a manual recount, so do that and Gillum's machine recount in parallel.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

america.jpg

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Motherfucker you have said some stupid poo poo in your time but did you just call conservatives/Nazis a protected class? Please tell me I misinterpreted your post in some fundamental way.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

protected classes are inherent aspects of a person. your political ideology is a choice.

Religion.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ummel posted:

Oh, like Mike Rowe? :wooper:

Mike Rowe is an opera singer who played the character of a blue-collar worker; and used that acting career to carve out a minor niche for himself selling Hard work sets you free flavored snake-oil to the portions of the American electorate that likes to cosplay being rural Farmers (while living in gentrified suburbs).

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this is the kemp poo poo i was talking about.

https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/1060549330317250565

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

So Trump's gonna be fine yeah

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone else infinitely amused that Lindsay Graham’s name hasn’t popped up once for the replacement AG? Lol forever if Trump is throwing him under the bus after he spent so long debasing himself.

I will laugh forever and ever.

I also suspect Trump's buddy from the Enquirer has some photos Lindsay really does not want getting out but have nothing to prove this.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Guys just accept that "being Tucker Carlson" is a protected class now. You can tell he didn't choose to be Tucker Carlson because nobody would choose to be Tucker Carlson.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The proper way to debate Nazis.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i think there's lots of head-scratching to be done about the Florida results, but painting Abrams as anything less than an unqualified success is nutty. it's motherfucking georgia, a close loss is a great showing not a failure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If someone wants to boot me out of a restaurant for being a card-carrying DSA member, fine. People who openly believe and advocate for child prison camps should 100 percent be denied service. They want to exterminate classes of people who definitely don't want to sit next to them while they have a meal.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

evilweasel posted:

i think there's lots of head-scratching to be done about the Florida results, but painting Abrams as anything less than an unqualified success is nutty. it's motherfucking georgia, a close loss is a great showing not a failure.

Same thing here in Texas. Motherfuckin' Tarrant county went blue.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

evilweasel posted:

gillum wins handily if rick scott didn't have a commission that barely met where he got to choose who got the franchise back based on his own whim.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

evilweasel posted:

shocked to reveal that these lefty democrats are such a waste they managed to barely lose in *checks notes* georgia and florida

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Push El Burrito posted:

Guys just accept that "being Tucker Carlson" is a protected class now. You can tell he didn't choose to be Tucker Carlson because nobody would choose to be Tucker Carlson.

This is the shittiest John Malkovich sequel

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

The Daily Caller: The New 'South Park' Episode Will Go After Al Gore. Watch The Awesome Preview Here

Oh here we go-

“South Park” apologizes to Al Gore and admits it was wrong about global warming

quote:

The A plot begins when Stan Marsh (Parker) sees Ned Gerblansky (also Parker) get brutally captured and mauled by ManBearPig (whether Ned's seeming death is permanent remains to be seen). After realizing that this means Gore had been right all along about ManBearPig's existence, Stan recruits the other South Park boys (Parker's Eric Cartman and Stone's Kyle Broflovski and Kenny McCormack) to find Gore and obtain his help in defeating the evil creature.

The scenes of the boys interacting with Gore are very strong, although that has less to do with the story itself and more to do with what Parker and Stone are saying to their former target. It isn't simply that they have the characters admit that they were wrong; by having them act exasperated and reluctant about needing to do so, as well as depicting Gore as evolving from humiliated hermit to exultant in his moral victory (the real-life Gore has kept a very low profile for years), they seem to depict what an actual conversation between themselves and Gore would look like. It's a brave and creatively honest thing for them to do, one that serves as a believable mea culpa that is still executed in the funniest way possible. The montage of clips from Gore's 2000 presidential campaign — as well as the South Park boys tacitly admitting that America would have been better off if he had prevailed in that election — is especially welcome.

The best scene in the episode, though, doesn't include Gore at all. It occurs in a restaurant where an insufferably smug patron — one who we quickly realize is intended as a stand-in for man-made global warming deniers everywhere — lectures his wife about how ManBearPig couldn't possibly be real. On cue, of course, ManBearPig enters the restaurant and starts killing all of the diners. Instead of admitting that the death and destruction he sees all around him proves that he was wrong, the man maintains his arrogant demeanor but now insists that this simply means it's too late to admit that ManBearPig actually exists. And besides, there's nothing to be done about it anyway, so why point out that he was wrong? And what about the Chinese? And of course . . . CHOMP!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Prester Jane posted:

Mike Rowe is an opera singer who played the character of a blue-collar worker; and used that acting career to carve out a minor niche for himself selling Hard work sets you free flavored snake-oil to the portions of the American electorate that likes to cosplay being rural Farmers (while living in gentrified suburbs).

whats up with all these weird conservative dudes being theater college kids growing up and than trying pretend to be working blue collar types. Like i get its a scam/grift/etc. but i feel like its some jungian thing.

Spite posted:

I will laugh forever and ever.

I also suspect Trump's buddy from the Enquirer has some photos Lindsay really does not want getting out but have nothing to prove this.

i mean, isn't it kinda of a open secret that graham is gay?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

tucker's kids possibly losing some sleep isn't the end of the world.

I feel no sympathy for Tucker or his wife, but his kids have nothing to do with this. They didn't choose to be his spawn and haven't done anything to anyone.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Still trying to think of good signs for the protests tonight.

“Where’s my receipt for Holy Hell?!”
“No Justice, No Peace”
“The Prez is covered in Cheeto Dust and his Brain is Swiss Cheese”
“Don’t let him get away!”
“I got feathers if you got tar”
“1 month to do something useful, Mark (Sanford)”

Help me spitball here.

He may have committed some 'light' treason.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

gillum wins handily if rick scott didn't have a commission that barely met where he got to choose who got the franchise back based on his own whim.

my basic point is, democrats have won in florida so "close loss" is something you can consider blaming on the candidate and suggest a better candidate might have won. that's hard in florida where you have gillum and nelson having the same amount of votes, but it's not immediately obvious that's wrong. it's not a knock on gillum - I don't know why he lost and I think he was a great candidate - but it's not immediately and obviously wrong to say "well, he lost, they should have nominated someone else." saying that about someone who only barely lost in Georgia is immediately and obviously wrong and is just like "have you heard of Georgia?"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Having your own government release doctored footage and claiming a news reporter assaulted an intern is the most horrible thing I’ve ever witnessed and If it happened in my country id probably get a gun.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, this was a good one. It really irks me that Comedy Central keeps re-airing the original ManBearPig episode, but this was a step in the right direction.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Prester Jane posted:

Definitely. That's why I did the :wooper:. The amount of fools who take his word as gospel is ridiculous.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Triskelli posted:

Still trying to think of good signs for the protests tonight.

“Where’s my receipt for Holy Hell?!”
“No Justice, No Peace”
“The Prez is covered in Cheeto Dust and his Brain is Swiss Cheese”
“Don’t let him get away!”
“I got feathers if you got tar”
“1 month to do something useful, Mark (Sanford)”

Help me spitball here.

The Swiss cheese one is pretty great.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well, least its something good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Affi posted:

Having your own government release doctored footage and claiming a news reporter assaulted an intern is the most horrible thing I’ve ever witnessed and If it happened in my country id probably get a gun.

you forgot to mention they got the doctored footage from an unhinged twitter personality that works for alex jones.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats up with all these weird conservative dudes being theater college kids growing up and than trying pretend to be working blue collar types. Like i get its a scam/grift/etc. but i feel like its some jungian thing.

Chuddy suburban white guys are almost universally like that. I always lol at seeing shiny pickup trucks that have never seen a day's work driving around my dense NY metro area burbs. You know precisely the sort of guy who owns them just by looking.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I think Tucker Carlson's kids and wife should be put to the blade while leaving him alive to contemplate the rest of his flawed, monstrous existence by himself.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Your Taint posted:

I feel no sympathy for Tucker or his wife, but his kids have nothing to do with this. They didn't choose to be his spawn and haven't done anything to anyone.

His kids range in age from "learner's permit" to "college graduate".