Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/briannasttone/status/1060620820979089408

https://twitter.com/AliyyaSwaby/status/1060635201926299648
Where's the "lovely GOP laws overturned by the new Democratic appeals court majority" recycling bin?

Lol, like half that group actually paid attention to down ballot elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is it cool to post dumb midterm-related Facebook comments itt without censoring peoples’ names? Because I screenshot-ed some stuff on my iPad, but blocking out peoples’ names would involve transferring poo poo to my desktop and fiddling with it in MSPaint and :effort:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I get that Beto didn't beat Cruz, but that's kind of like spiking the football when you're Alabama and you beat Texas State in quadruple overtime at home while also sustaining season ending injuries to like five starters. Republicans cannot be happy with Tuesday's results, as much as they are pretending they are.

https://twitter.com/Forrest4Trees/status/1060642849925017600
eheheh

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 8, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I. M. Gei posted:

Is it cool to post dumb midterm-related Facebook comments itt without censoring peoples’ names? Because I screenshot-ed some stuff on my iPad, but blocking out peoples’ names would involve transferring poo poo to my desktop and fiddling with it in MSPaint and :effort:

No, do not do this without censoring them please.

I do not particularly care about the honor of shitheads on Facebook but the admins in general do not look kindly on the potential fallout of such things.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lightning Knight posted:

No, do not do this without censoring them please.

I do not particularly care about the honor of shitheads on Facebook but the admins in general do not look kindly on the potential fallout of such things.

Well then good news, I just figured out how to censor poo poo in my iPad photo album.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Spacebump posted:

Lol, like half that group actually paid attention to down ballot elections.

To be fair I'm sure a lot of Beto voters also didn't pay attention. I have to assume that the loss will discourage at least a fair number of them

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I. M. Gei posted:

Well then good news, I just figured out how to censor poo poo in my iPad photo album.

If you are using the built-in markup tools, use the box drawing tool instead of a scribbling the highlighter tool over them. The highlighter can be undone by tweaking the levels in the image.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/cbs11jack/status/1060634103475789824

There was some speculation he might retire. Any way, get his rear end Beto

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/cbs11jack/status/1060634103475789824

There was some speculation he might retire. Any way, get his rear end Beto

Keep going back and forth on how I feel about Beto coming right back and trying again. There's ways in which I can see Cornyn being boring is actually a disadvantage relative to Cruz - who at least fires up the tea partiers - but does that even matter when Donald'll be back on the ballot to fire them up himself? How do people on either side feel about Beto The Loser coming back for another swing? Can Beto's career survive another bust? Does it matter?

Keep going back and forth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well it's him or barely-liberal Houston businessman #4

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Cornyn would win by 4-5 points

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

General Dog posted:

better than by 17 like he did last time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Let State Senator Dragonball do it he seems chill, plus they can play DBZ music at his rallies

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

Likely but turnout might could be crazy enough with anti-Trump people that he might lose. Going to be real interesting to see what 2020 looks like in Texas without straight ticket voting.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Likely but turnout might could be crazy enough with anti-Trump people that he might lose. Going to be real interesting to see what 2020 looks like in Texas without straight ticket voting.

I actually think that will help the GOP. Rather than people going gently caress YEAH BETO they will have to actively decide to vote for Franklin Bynum and I don't know that they will

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shifty Pony posted:

If you are using the built-in markup tools, use the box drawing tool instead of a scribbling the highlighter tool over them. The highlighter can be undone by tweaking the levels in the image.

......... oh...... uh which one is the box drawing tool?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is TX doing away with straight ticket voting?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Is TX doing away with straight ticket voting?

yes. its mostly dems who straight ticket vote so they killed it

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

These loving Republicans. Seriously.

No doubt it cost them a ton of judgeships etc. this time lol so I can see the urgency on their end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It cost them every single judgeship in Harris County, four courts of appeals and countless other county offices, and probably every Dem victory on Tuesday owes at least a little to straight ticket Beto voters.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I hope this is a really hilarious FB post with as much effort you're putting into it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

It's hilarious to me that they think Dems just won't do each vote. I wonder if this will have the side effect of causing Libertarians to beat Republicans in random down ballot elections without a Democratic option.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zwabu posted:

These loving Republicans. Seriously.

No doubt it cost them a ton of judgeships etc. this time lol so I can see the urgency on their end.

they signed the bill in '17 so it's not a reaction to this election, just to general trends and demographics

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I. M. Gei posted:

Then change it to solid

It is actually quicker than scribbling once you get the hang of it, especially because you can tap the drawn box and duplicate it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

they signed the bill in '17 so it's not a reaction to this election, just to general trends and demographics

Might have been hedging in case of a landslide loss for Trump in '20. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit though.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 8, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/georgepbush/status/1060660207758516224

Awww I thought we were turning it over to the UN so they could station their troops, from the standing UN army that exists irl, there for the Jade Helm takeover this year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're not gonna give it back to that Daughters of the Revoution or whatever the group was called that did a horrible job with it for decades, are they?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/georgepbush/status/1060660207758516224

Awww I thought we were turning it over to the UN so they could station their troops, from the standing UN army that exists irl, there for the Jade Helm takeover this year

Are they going to buy out the Ripleys believe it or not and Guinness World records place to remake a field?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lote posted:

Are they going to buy out the Ripleys believe it or not and Guinness World records place to remake a field?

what they're doing is giving the square to the state (who will put barriers around it meaning people can't go there if the museum is closed) but yes also some streets will close and the cenotaph will be repaired (in theory)

https://empowertexans.com/state/alamo-plaza-lease-finalized/

this is the only article i could find offhand on what the actual final agreement was

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 9, 2018

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Counting on your angry geriatrics to vote for all 100+ republican things in an election seems like a bit of a gamble. If anything they just want voting to take exponentially longer so we can start having hour long lines.

e: knowing the kind of dipshits that actually get -into- politics a non insignificant amount of them probably sincerely think that it will make people seriously research the pros and cons between Chudge McKenzie and Random'Lib Demson for harris county judge #53

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 9, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1060675442301124608

loving carpetbaggers

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

god this tweet owns

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Marxalot posted:

Counting on your angry geriatrics to vote for all 100+ republican things in an election seems like a bit of a gamble. If anything they just want voting to take exponentially longer so we can start having hour long lines.

Probably a good gamble, old people have nothing better to do

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Anecdotal, but the old people at my polling place really freaking loved straight ticket. Loudly announcing at the station "HEY IF I JUST FILL IN REPUBLICAN I CAN GO, RIGHT???"

If not for straight ticket voting, this one dementia-ridden 87 year old would not have been able to cast a ballot while telling me he "didn't want no demmycrat president!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not even a little surprising.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Spacebump posted:

It's hilarious to me that they think Dems just won't do each vote. I wonder if this will have the side effect of causing Libertarians to beat Republicans in random down ballot elections without a Democratic option.

Hell I voted for a bunch of Libertarians because I leaving things blank and refuse to vote for a Republican. And I only did it because I heard about the voting machines loving up. You're pretty much right in that it's just going to cause random Libertarians to win

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Oh my God, so many native Texans were telling me that all these people from out of state were bringing in their "California values". This brings a poo poo-eating grin to my face.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is pretty clever

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
one of the most perceptive posts from hooks:

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/966519170660732928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Kunabomber posted:

Oh my God, so many native Texans were telling me that all these people from out of state were bringing in their "California values". This brings a poo poo-eating grin to my face.

Hey I voted Beto I think it's supposed to be me but I'm from Wisconsin like 5 years ago and the only Californian is Cruz's wife so :shrug:

what they're doing is giving the square to the state (who will put barriers around it meaning people can't go there if the museum is closed) but yes also some streets will close and the cenotaph will be repaired (in theory)

https://empowertexans.com/state/alamo-plaza-lease-finalized/

this is the only article i could find offhand on what the actual final agreement was

Ughhh that whole area is already a clusterfuck to go through