Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

obviously this means bernie is evil for backing the evil dws collaborator!!

or touring with dws means basically nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Imagine rooting for a literal Nazi to win because the vocally progressive black man dared appear next to a neoliberal.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Did Nate ever explain what caused the drop? Was it just a bunch of safe Rs coming in?

I don't think any explanation was ever given or any mention ever given besides that one late little liveblog message, which is honestly a little hosed up given how many people panicked because of it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GoluboiOgon posted:

yes, bernie is wrong in that these people are racists for not voting for a black man because of the color of their skin.

this is why he issued a clarification:
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1060589573653311488/photo/1

does not say that Donald Trump is racist, I guess Bernie is bad

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine rooting for a literal Nazi to win because the vocally progressive black man dared appear next to a neoliberal.

Imagine if your username referred to an antisemitic practice and you criticized the black man for campaigning with the Jewish lady

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

predicto posted:

Nancy Pelosi is a year older than Bernie. Imagine how this board would poo poo its collective pants in outrage if she said something like this.

It's amusing to think about.

As I said earlier, ask her. Ask any Dem a self-evident question like "is Trump racist" or "is Desantis racist" and what do you think they'll say. Waffling on the "racist" question is not unique to Sanders, though he should absolutely know better.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

my bony fealty posted:

Imagine if your username referred to an antisemitic practice and you criticized the black man for campaigning with the Jewish lady

Yeah that username popped right out at me.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

selec posted:

To be fair, she’s really lovely, and Bernie is good so yeah that would be different.

Are you one of the ones on here dumb enough to think that her empty boilerplate statement about bipartisanship the other day really meant she was going to roll over for Trump?

Don't bother, I know the answer.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A machine recount.

I'm thought it's a hand recount because it's under .25. Or does Nelson need to petition for that?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

TGLT posted:

I'm thought it's a hand recount because it's under .25. Or does Nelson need to petition for that?

Governor is machine, Senate is hand recount

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Preet's launching a subscription based podcast. (stay tuned remains free)

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1060676571781054469

Weird that there are no readily available details on payment.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

TGLT posted:

Hand count in Senate, Machine count in Governors race, unless the Gov race closes a bunch more.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Deified Data posted:

As I said earlier, ask her. Ask any Dem a self-evident question like "is Trump racist" or "is Desantis racist" and what do you think they'll say. Waffling on the "racist" question is not unique to Sanders, though he should absolutely know better.

Of course it isn't. I'm perfectly willing to cut Bernie slack here. He's not even remotely racist in any way. We all know that.

My comment was directed at all of the leftier-than-thou posters on here and on twitter who have been melting down for 48 hours about how Pelosi betrayed us all by saying the exact same empty stuff about bipartisanship that every politician says after an election victory, including Saint Bernie himself.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

does not say that Donald Trump is racist, I guess Bernie is bad

title and first line of statement are:

quote:

Let me be absolutely clear: Donald Trump, Brian Kemp and Ron DeSantis ran racist campaigns.

almost like you are arguing in bad faith?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

GoluboiOgon posted:

What's it like being,

You know

Like you?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

GoluboiOgon posted:

yes, bernie is wrong in that these people are racists for not voting for a black man because of the color of their skin.

this is why he issued a clarification:
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1060589573653311488/photo/1

Yeah, Bernie saying it wasn't racism is wrong but his sentiment is correct. White Americans are infected with varying degrees of racism and, from personal experience, I do think it's possible to shake the average American out of it by exposure. They will have an initial aversion or poor reaction to accepting leadership from people of color, but will come around. Racists did actually vote for Obama. We're in the middle of a significant amount of white people really starting to understand that minorities have been getting the shaft for a long time and a fair and just democracy has never been real, when before we just got a lot of lip service.

I'm also not talking about hard right or Nazis. I can't even begin to go on about what a bad idea it is to try and engage them in good faith. I think talking Nazis down CAN be done but it's rare that you are the person to do it. This common myth that the average American or that other white people have the power to do it isn't only absurd, it's dangerous.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

predicto posted:

Of course it isn't. I'm perfectly willing to cut Bernie slack here. He's not even remotely racist in any way. We all know that.

My comment was directed at all of the leftier-than-thou posters on here and on twitter who have been melting down for 48 hours about how Pelosi betrayed us all by saying the exact same empty stuff about bipartisanship that every politician says after an election victory, including Saint Bernie himself.

Fair enough

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

predicto posted:

ugh. new thread title. Yeah, I'm guilty as charged

*hangs head in shame and stops posting for a while*

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

farraday posted:

Hand count in Senate, Machine count in Governors race, unless the Gov race closes a bunch more.

Guze posted:

Governor is machine, Senate is hand recount

Ah, yeah had a brainfart when I read that.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Like, obviously this is mostly a semantic issue; Bernie uses 'racist' to refer to the subset of racists who are unabashed open racists, as opposed to people who think they're unbiased but suffer from ingrained racial bias. A lot of people talk like this, but it's just... very out of touch with how we talk about racism now.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I mean, Bernie is performing a time honored white American tradition, which is, in essence, defending the distinction between being racist and being a racist, because for some reason that's super duper important to defend.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GoluboiOgon posted:

sure, if I was being serious

it's the kind of hair splitting that annoys me when applied to non-Bernie Dems I like so I was being ironical

he doesn't say Trump is racist, you see, just that he ran a racist campaign

why won't he just come out and say it instead of sticking to decorum

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Per a dude on Reddit

quote:

The 19K spread votes came from a 129K drop from Maricopa when Sinema and McSally had even registration. There's another 167K votes to come from this same sample which was also even registration. Results came in a little better than I expected at a 14% spread instead of 10% spread. But assuming the rest of the 166K come at a 10% spread, then that's another 17K votes for Sinema, so puts her ahead by 17.5K votes.
Then there's another 195K votes from Maricopa that should be similar to registration advantage of 10% lead for McSally. Sinema has been running 10% ahead of registration in Maricopa so my best guess is those come out about breakeven.
Then from the outside counties, Sinema gains a lot from Pima, loses some in Pinal and other small counties and should gain on net about 7.5K votes from outside of Maricopa. So my best guess is another 26K or 27K votes for Sinema.
So I hate to get ahead of myself, but I'm really liking Sinema's chances here.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Trump sucks as a president and a person.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Per a dude on Reddit

stop giving me hope

hope is the mind killer

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

twice burned ice posted:

Saying this guy looks like a thumb would be an insult to thumbs

He's a man that you know owns multiple cell phone belt holsters.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol
"gently caress anything and everything that might possibly besmirch this one dude."

You absolute moron.

Grape fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 9, 2018

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Per a dude on Reddit

Sinema lead up to 9k

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/4/0

Know hope?

Edit// Twitter link for people who use this as an RSS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1060698526311768065

farraday fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 9, 2018

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Can’t wait to hear what Rick Ratfucker Scott has to say.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FuturePastNow posted:

I'd ask for a similar poll of Florida but we all know nobody is actually born in Florida

"Mr. Hickory, were you actually born in Florida?"

"Tuhah! What a stuipd question! Of all the cheek!"

"Were you?"

"Of course not! No one's been born in Florida since 1877! BUT...! I've been here five years which is a very long time."

Remember when GTA games were satire of American culture?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/erinbiba/status/1060583223187701760

trump's doing a good job on the trade war as you can see

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

waitwaitwait

if dems aren't bad.. then what is the world we live in

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/erinbiba/status/1060583223187701760

trump's doing a good job on the trade war as you can see

Guessing before I click, Smithfield?

Edit hell yeah

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 9, 2018

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Guessing before I click, Smithfield?

Winner winner, subsidized pork dinner.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Triskelli posted:

Protest was pretty heartening, definitely over a hundred people at its height. No good chants though and it dispersed immediately after sunset.

Ours was about 200 people despite heavy snow and sleet. Flew the flags, waved the signs, shouted some good chants and dispersed after a couple of hours.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Jealous Cow posted:

Can’t wait to hear what Rick Ratfucker Scott has to say.
It is Florida.

For all that is holy, do not place your hopes on any recounts in Florida.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
(House currently at 225 D vs 197 R. 13 races left)

Huh, I assumed they were just lying when they showed they didn't understand how elections work but they really are that dumb.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

"Mr. Hickory, were you actually born in Florida?"

"Tuhah! What a stuipd question! Of all the cheek!"

"Were you?"

"Of course not! No one's been born in Florida since 1877! BUT...! I've been here five years which is a very long time."

Remember when GTA games were satire of American culture?

I'd take Vice City over gta5. :cripes:

VV
Yes. I think some of them might be cannibals.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 9, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So, I didn't spend much time in USPOL before the Trumpening. Was constant sanctimonious bickering the norm back then?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/4/0

More votes in AZ, Sinema now up 9,600

Skippy McPants posted:

So, I didn't spend much time in USPOL before the Trumpening. Was constant sanctimonious bickering the norm back then?

Search your heart, you know the truth.