Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tibalt posted:

Lotta people can't count itt

still better than the boward county board of elections

not sure if "Chairman of @TheDemCoalition, the nation's largest grassroots Resistance organization" has any insight into DoJ activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm usually not a fan of christmas until the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but I'm willing to make an exception.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I had to look twice to make sure that wasn't a Louise Mensch tweet because it sure reads like one

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Who is Jon Cooper, and why would he have any of that info?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1060719009891577856

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Skeletors hosed and he knows it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Office Pig posted:

Just like with Moore, any such findings would have absolutely no effect anyway.

What

Are you insane, that's why he lost

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Anyone see a non-twitter source about this?

Edit- maybe related to this http://www.fox13news.com/news/florida-news/governor-rick-scott-warns-of-rampant-fraud-possible-in-broward-palm-beach-counties

Voter fraud! :tinfoil:

ummel fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 9, 2018

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This guy's full of poo poo (I dare not to hope) but hypothetical:

If you hear unofficial word that your arrest is imminent and you flee the country, is that itself a crime? Or only once the warrant is announced does it become something?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Rick Scott crumbling to dust after declaring himself winner gives me so much joy. I’ve voted against this ghoul three times and I need this. He exploited the situation in Puerto Rico for votes and it worked. Such an awful person.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
This story real?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/p...fbqXi1fE1GUR_MI

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

ummel posted:

If this is what you meant to quote, he literally head a press conference saying he was doing it.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/08/gops-rick-scott-orders-probe-lawsuit-tightening-florida-election/1937524002/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pleads posted:

This guy's full of poo poo (I dare not to hope) but hypothetical:

If you hear unofficial word that your arrest is imminent and you flee the country, is that itself a crime? Or only once the warrant is announced does it become something?

If there isn't any warrant or anything and you haven't been told to stick around then it's not a crime to leave the country

doing that would certainly make him look guilty but it's not, you know, a crime

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

gandlethorpe posted:

Wait, how can the Senate become 50:50 (even with the miracle of getting MS)? Don't the Reps already have 51 seats locked?

Yeah, sorry, I may have been unclear with how I was replying to the question originally:

With the things as they stand currently, it is not possible for a 50-50 Senate split. It's going to be somewhere between 51-49 and 54-46, either in favor of the GOP.

In theory you could have a situation where the Senate is 50-49 with the remaining seat to be filled pending a runoff election.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ummel posted:

Rick Scott gave a speech.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If dems ever have the power to their first job in Florida is to fix elections in Florida, 2000 was 18 years ago, poo poo has gone on long enough.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ms Adequate posted:

Wasn't a big part of that the fact PA got radically de-gerrymandered?

It's still lean R.

I am against the carceral state and take no pleasure in reporting this.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

RuanGacho posted:

If dems ever have the power to their first job in Florida is to fix elections in Florida, 2000 was 18 years ago, poo poo has gone on long enough.

and here i thought the republicans were already fixing elections!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

e; ^^^ :wow:

Ague Proof posted:

It's still lean R.

Oh, didn't know that. In that case yeah the dude stomped nutsacks.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Going to that Jon Cooper's guys twitter made me see a post on his feed that reminded me of something:

-Dems close to flipping 400 State Legislative seats.

How many times have we heard the number "1000 state electoral wins since Obamacare," over the last 10 years? The Democrats have erased nearly 40% of that gain IN A SINGLE ELECTION.

When I told my dad that he was floored. It almost totally reversed his negative view of the "only the House," election outcome.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

QuoProQuid posted:

:golfclap:

You got me.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It says it was used for storing unused provisional ballots, so I don't think there was actually a story.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:d2a:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Can't wait for Trump to lose his poo poo on Twitter over conspiracies and illegals in Arizona.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh, didn't know that. In that case yeah the dude stomped nutsacks.

Rothfus was also an incumbent Representative, though of course the district was redrawn. I don't know by how much.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

quote:

Chairman of @TheDemCoalition, the nation's largest grassroots Resistance organization. #Resist Views=mine

:lol:

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

QuoProQuid posted:

:downsrim:

Lycus posted:

Can't wait for Trump to lose his poo poo on Twitter over conspiracies and illegals in Arizona.

https://twitter.com/parscale/status/1060715300457455617

Oh it's going to happen. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a "Lots of people" tweet before Sunday about how the elections HE won are being stolen.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Skeletors hosed and he knows it.

Hail Satan?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Sanguinia posted:

I thought that 51 was still counting FL as won because every news source called it on election night and the recount thing is only a product of the last 36 hours, but you're right. My bad.

I don't remember FL Senate ever being called. FL Gov was called, but the senate seat remained just slightly closer. I could be wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I %100 believe some guy in DC told him this (while drinking)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Squall posted:

I don't remember FL Senate ever being called. FL Gov was called, but the senate seat remained just slightly closer. I could be wrong.

gillum conceded but vote counting has subsequently caused the race to fall into automatic recount territory.

it is still exceedingly likely that still desantis wins because the margin is larger and, as far as its been reported, there are no obvious discrepancies like there are in the senate race

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

farraday posted:

:downsrim:

https://twitter.com/parscale/status/1060715300457455617

Oh it's going to happen. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a "Lots of people" tweet before Sunday about how the elections HE won are being stolen.

drat there's going to be political violence if Simena wins

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

QuoProQuid posted:

gillum conceded but vote counting has subsequently caused the race to fall into automatic recount territory.

it is still exceedingly likely that desantis wins because the margin is larger and, as far as its been reported, there are no obvious discrepancies like there are in the senate race

Yeah, I just mean MSNBC/CNN/etc called that race, not that it was officially declared over. I don't remember anyone calling the FL Senate race.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I %100 believe some hipster in a DC coffee shop told him this

:v:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Squall posted:

I think most places projected Scott as the winner (and he obviously declared himself such), and Nelson conceded apparently after midnight on election day, but the gap kept shrinking and he's been more overt than Gillum about calling for the recount.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If they already have a sealed indictment against Jr I’m not sure AG Thumbhead can stop it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
But man, imagine if that dude is right

Best day ever

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060723241193484288

whoever predicted trump would weigh in on the recount tonight, massively complicating and polarizing matters, please collect your winnings

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

xeria posted:

I think most places projected Scott as the winner (and he obviously declared himself such), and Nelson conceded apparently after midnight on election day, but the gap kept shrinking and he's been more overt than Gillum about calling for the recount.

Alright. I probably just missed it in my election night blackout then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1060718085596950528