Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1060720017640226816?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

QuoProQuid posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060723241193484288

whoever predicted trump would weigh in on the recount tonight, massively complicating and polarizing matters, please collect your winnings

Is this after they collect their winnings for the daring prediction that the sun would fall below the horizon?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Glumslinger posted:

But man, imagine if that dude is right

Best day ever

Ginsburg broke 3 ribs today and we still don't really know how she's doing. Even Junior in chains as the crown jewel of a day of otherwise great news can't completely erase that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

QuoProQuid posted:

whoever predicted trump would weigh in on the recount tonight, massively complicating and polarizing matters, please collect your winnings

winning an extra two cents per ten dollars isn't great but I'll take it

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

False - Trump Sr. would be upset that this could make him (Trump Sr.) look bad.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Shifty Pony posted:

Is this after they collect their winnings for the daring prediction that the sun would fall below the horizon?

those scots let you bet on anything nowadays

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what a prick. god i hope he loses.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Sanguinia posted:

Ginsburg broke 3 ribs today and we still don't really know how she's doing. Even Junior in chains as the crown jewel of a day of otherwise great news can't completely erase that.

Modern medicine can keep people technically alive for a long, long time. Years, if the conditions are right.

RBG requesting to be given the Terri Schiavo treatment to keep the seat out of the GOP's grasp would be quite something.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

xeria posted:

I think most places projected Scott as the winner (and he obviously declared himself such), and Nelson conceded apparently after midnight on election day, but the gap kept shrinking and he's been more overt than Gillum about calling for the recount.

Nelson never conceded. It was misreported.

Sanguinia posted:

The court must be packed. It was an inevitability since :kav: got in. It must be done.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

QuoProQuid posted:

Fortunately, the Supreme Court has a history of deciding close Florida elections

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Modern medicine can keep people technically alive for a long, long time. Years, if the conditions are right.

RBG requesting to be given the Terri Schiavo treatment to keep the seat out of the GOP's grasp would be quite something.

Presumably there's some impeachment method for justices utterly unable to carry out their duties.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

The fact that we don't know how she's doing in and of itself suggests that she's doing pretty close to fine, all things considered.

She's a supreme court justice. The news'll report on if she so much as coughs funny for the next few months.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

The court must be packed. It was an inevitability since :kav: got in. It must be done.

of course the problem with packing the court is the gop will get back in power and pack it even more but :shrug:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I missed this one

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1060720252655493120

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Look at all these Republicans that think Tuesday night projections by the MSM are sacrosanct.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Broke brains screamed over a percentage on a lovely sports site being setup by an idiot who thinks he can predict politics because he can predict sports and we are one of the verge of potentially taking the Senate as well as the governoship of Florida and Georgia.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't be a covoking broke brain, you should have faith in democracy.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 9, 2018

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

You can tell it's false, because Nelson goes to bed at 8pm sharp.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

holy poo poo yes please ask the supreme court to overturn marbury that would be the greatest thing ever

just argue that in every case forever. your honor, we believe this case should be thrown out because you have no authority and your position is an abomination

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

BarbarianElephant posted:

Presumably there's some impeachment method for justices utterly unable to carry out their duties.
The usual way of impeaching a supreme court justice requires a two-thirds majority in the Senate. I think even Schumer can manage to block that one.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

I mean, that'd require a lot of :decorum: to vote to hand another Supreme Court pick to Trump.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Covok posted:

Broke brains screamed over a percentage on a lovely sports site being setup by an idiot who things he can predict politics because he can predict sports and we are one of the verge of potentially taking the Senate as well as the governoship of Florida and Georgia.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't be a covoking broke brain, you should have faith in democracy.

I don't know if you've heard the news, but Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

A majority in the House and 2/3rds in the Senate.

corn in the bible posted:

of course the problem with packing the court is the gop will get back in power and pack it even more but :shrug:

They do that anyway, look at West Virginia. They impeached the justices and replaced them with GOP politicians who banned Don Blankenship from running. This was to help defeat Manchin.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Covok posted:

Broke brains screamed over a percentage on a lovely sports site being setup by an idiot who things he can predict politics because he can predict sports and we are one of the verge of potentially taking the Senate as well as the governoship of Florida and Georgia.

You're doing alright these days.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

People were joking about putting her on the Golden Throne from 40k, but...

If every election being a referrendum on the SCOTUS because that particular trigger gets pulled were to become cold reality for ever voter, I can't even imagine what might happen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

just argue that in every case forever. your honor, we believe this case should be thrown out because you have no authority and your position is an abomination

based on youtube sovereign citizens compilations, this is already a surprisingly popular position for litigants to take

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Ague Proof posted:

Yeah, I wasn't sure and didn't remember him conceding (but there was a lot happening that night), but one of the first articles I checked said he'd conceded. Perfectly happy to be wrong!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also even if the dems get it back soon the senate is probably gonna be red for like, the rest of time after 2030. so maybe don't do that? maybe don't do that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sanguinia posted:

People were joking about putting her on the Golden Throne from 40k, but...

If every election being a referrendum on the SCOTUS because that particular trigger gets pulled were to become cold reality for ever voter, I can't even imagine what might happen.

I still say we just change how their appointed, give a President 1 Justice every time they get elected. No more weird holding over, or worrying who is gonna die or resign.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

drat there's going to be political violence if Simena wins

I'm just laughing at this dumb WWE reject looking motherfucker on twitter honestly.

gently caress this idiot. He can't do poo poo.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Judicial review is a legit disaster for democracy so eh.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I obviously hope the best for RBG but good lord would a whining GOP about :decorum: be amazing.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

also even if the dems get it back soon the senate is probably gonna be red for like, the rest of time after 2030. so maybe don't do that? maybe don't do that.

More states need to be created.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

On the other hand the next generation appears to be voting even more Democratic than us Millennials, so all we really have to do is run out the clock for a decade or two.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wait what? How do you figure anything that far out?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gen. Ripper posted:

Judicial review is a legit disaster for democracy so eh.

Earl Warren did some good stuff.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

[looking into my crystal ball]

what the democrats really need to be planning for is '36

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

False - Trump Sr. would be upset that this could make him (Trump Sr.) look bad.

He knows Don Jr. will rat on him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

On the other hand the next generation appears to be voting even more Democratic than us Millennials, so all we really have to do is run out the clock for a decade or two.

This is a bad strategy.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

Was just about to ask this. And apparently it's a common belief that we will never get the senate again for some weird reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

I think the concern is that demographic shift is going to make it so that rural states will just permanently lock red.

Ignoring even the possibility that populations can drift left.