Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

I've been to that museum :sun: wait lmao

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Nothing is more American then food produced in a factory.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1060728133626798080

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

deleted op

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1060729506959368192

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
hadnt checked the results in a day and it turns out democrats won some more senate and house seats

way to slow count

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It seriously looks like 25,000 people in Broward just straight-up didn't vote for senator because it wasn't prominent on the ballot or something.

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM

nooneofconsequence posted:

It seriously looks like 25,000 people in Broward just straight-up didn't vote for senator because it wasn't prominent on the ballot or something.

thankfully law enforcement is on the way to clear things up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

smdh at the green party voters costing McSally the election

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nooneofconsequence posted:

iirc ballots in most of florida (including broward) are done on paper and then scanned into a machine, it's entirely possible there was like one precinct with hosed up machines that scanned that section wrong or something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

2018 midterms: loving Florida

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

america.jpg

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

the bitcoin of weed posted:

iirc ballots in most of florida (including broward) are done on paper and then scanned into a machine, it's entirely possible there was like one precinct with hosed up machines that scanned that section wrong or something

From what they said up thread it might be that they just didn't even include the senate race on some ballots? So the election is invalid whomp whomp?

Hoping however that it's just this thing and we get to see a huge Twitter tantrum and start the FBI to find all the Democrat crimes etc.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

iirc ballots in most of florida (including broward) are done on paper and then scanned into a machine

can confirm that's how it's done in orange county

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Paramemetic posted:

From what they said up thread it might be that they just didn't even include the senate race on some ballots? So the election is invalid whomp whomp?
What? No. That didn't happen.

We're going to get a hand recount so any machine irregularities will be sorted out, but I think ballot design/stupid voters is most likely.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Homeless Friend posted:

the green party is basically DSA but too dumb to do entryism so they never elect anybody

also joe stein and putin and flynn heh

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Still can't get over how Nate hosed up his predictor thing and people are still furious about it because they think it's like a running basketball score.

I was having 2016 ptsd flashbacks

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...m_medium=social

quote:

After losing his bench in a Democratic sweep, Harris County [TX] Juvenile Court Judge Glenn Devlin released nearly all of the youthful defendants that appeared in front him on Wednesday morning, simply asking the kids whether they planned to kill anyone before letting them go.

"He was releasing everybody," said public defender Steven Halpert, who watched the string of surprising releases. "Apparently he was saying that's what the voters wanted."

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao biggest self own slash unironic progressive move

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

electing judges is an extremely smart idea

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/A-day-after-wholesale-releasing-defendants-13375089.php

quote:

A day after he made waves by asking a string of juvenile defendants whether they planned to kill anyone before simply releasing them, Judge Glenn Devlin - who lost his bench Tuesday in a Democratic sweep - didn't show up to court.
The outgoing Republican jurist, who was among the 59 judicial positions swept away by Democrats in Tuesday's election, is one of two juvenile court judges in Harris County whose track records favoring incarceration contributed heavily to doubling the number of kids Harris County sent to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department in recent years, even as those figures fell in the rest of the state.

lol dude is all pissy that he lost and cant send children to prison anymore

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

Has this been posted yet?

lmao

spitefully showing mercy to children in the justice system to own the libs

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

double negative posted:

lmao

holy gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

double negative posted:

lmao

absolute unit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

double negative posted:

lmao

funny thing is he thinks this is some kind of total own, like these CrimeKids will run amok and destroy society

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i may have lost, but you'll be sorry once children aren't being sent to jail!!!!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

double negative posted:

lmao

Did someone facesmall this guy or what

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

itt a snowbird joke goes over a snowbird's head

lol they come from michigan and poo poo, minnesota, those dumps, or like, the shittier parts of canada. ain't no one leaving washington for Dump Town USA.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i doubt he sent any white kids to jail

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

KiteAuraan posted:

lol they come from michigan and poo poo, minnesota, those dumps, or like, the shittier parts of canada. ain't no one leaving washington for Dump Town USA.

My gf works for a patio shade company here and like most of their customers are from Seattle or BC :shrug:

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Al! posted:

i doubt he sent any white kids to jail

nearly. both these shitheads got defeated luckily

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-judges-responsible-for-1-in-five-13322222.php

quote:

Two Harris County judges accounted for more than one-fifth of all children sent to the state’s juvenile prisons last year, driving up the county’s Texas Juvenile Justice Department commitments even as those figures fall in the rest of the state.

The two courts — overseen by Judges Glenn Devlin and John Phillips — not only sent more teens to juvenile prison, but they also sent them younger and for less-serious offenses than the county’s third juvenile court, where Judge Mike Schneider presides. And, from all three courts, the kids sent to state lockups were almost all — about 96 percent — children of color.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

My gf works for a patio shade company here and like most of their customers are from Seattle or BC :shrug:

maybe they live in the rich parts. i live in poor town with the working class schlubs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao .

I really appreciate that one of the things McSally is suing for is because Arizona is actually working with people on signature verification instead of just throwing their votes out. Man poo poo has changed in four years in this state, even if McSally ultimately wins.

KiteAuraan posted:

I don't know about Washington and Phoenix, but like half of Portland is moving to Tucson.

Rick has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Nov 9, 2018

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Rick posted:

I don't know about Washington and Phoenix, but like half of Portland is moving to Tucson.

why. why the gently caress would you do that?

KiteAuraan has issued a correction as of 07:32 on Nov 9, 2018

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rick posted:

that sounds unlikely

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

double negative posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KiteAuraan posted:

why. why the gently caress would you do that?

Portland has become really expensive both in the city proper and the surrounding metro area. Even with all the out-of-state-speculation Tucson still has relatively low housing prices and lots of room and acceptance of weirdness.

I guess it's probably a pretty similar thing to Seattle people moving to Phoenix, likely for the lower housing prices and at least some tech jobs available.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

It must not be the half of portland I'm living in because I haven't heard anyone utter the word "Tucson"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Obvious virgin vs hanging Chad.