Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What's keeping MJ in Miami?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that you can read the middle panel in different ways, which make's Peter response even better.

I choose to read it as,"I just saw the footage and when I get home I'm gonna kill you :mad:" and Peter happily going,"Well when you get back let's go out and party (on your dime, I'm broke)."

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Johnny Walker posted:

What's keeping MJ in Miami?

Perfect.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Peters Pat Nagel print that is 30% NAGEL is splendid

Phineas Rhyne
Dec 24, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Kinda weird how the theater just collapsed like that huh?"

Isn't Miami in the same time zone as New York?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Kinda weird how the theater just collapsed like that huh?"

"We'll paint the town red! By which I mean we'll go to McDonald's and order off the dollar menu, because you're out of a job and Jameson pays me in company scrip."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Peter fell into an unconscious state that passes for sleep for him for about ten hours or so before he called.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

head58 posted:

I know we’ve done the whole “this person does not know how to hold a phone” thing before but dammit, MJ!

It's FaceTime. Which is why Peter nuzzles the phone against his cheek.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

hahaha yesssssss please let this be true

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just a reminder that Maximum Carnage ended with a love ray. So I don't know how much stupider it can get for NSM.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Yea, this is the second time they talked about "paint the town red" and I can't think of anything but the two of them going on a bloodbath

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Yea, this is the second time they talked about "paint the town red" and I can't think of anything but the two of them going on a bloodbath

...s... sabretooth? :shobon:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samuringa posted:

Apparently the saying referred to the light of bonfires and/or firecrackers that illuminate everything around them in a reddish color. There's also a common folk etymology based on an event where some drunk marquis in England literally threw red paint at various buildings, but the phrase wasn't actually used then, so it's not an accurate origin.

In any case it doesn't refer to blood., so they're just going on an arson spree during the night.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Sockser posted:

Peters Pat Nagel print that is 30% NAGEL is splendid

It doesn't seem to be a real NAGEL, so I felt compelled to forge a replica.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Push El Burrito posted:

Just a reminder that Maximum Carnage ended with a love ray. So I don't know how much stupider it can get for NSM.

It can always get stupider. It will get stupider, and it will be glorious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The return of Iron Jonah!?! :aaa:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Tbf, the last arc was a pretty good amount of crimes with the utter destruction of the theater and palling around with Iron "punches a van into an apartment complex" Fist. Just throw a "the theater was a setup by Kingpin to get every gangster arrested... Then Spider-man backstabbed him to be THE Kingpin of crime!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Tbf, the last arc was a pretty good amount of crimes with the utter destruction of the theater and palling around with Iron "punches a van into an apartment complex" Fist. Just throw a "the theater was a setup by Kingpin to get every gangster arrested... Then Spider-man backstabbed him to be THE Kingpin of crime!"

I can only hope this leads into that Mexican Captain America/Santos the luchador movie where Spider-man is the villain.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"That pajama-wearing gently caress threatened to leave me in a swamp full of gators! I'll show him!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My secret hope is that this is actually an adaptation of the PS4 Spider-Man game.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

These are all perfectly reasonable things to slander Spider-Man with, so of course none of it will be used for that purpose.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Noper Q posted:

These are all perfectly reasonable things to slander Spider-Man with, so of course none of it will be used for that purpose.

Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

For once, Jonah is actually totally justified. The Hulk arc straight up concluded with Peter being like, "you better not report on this, journalist, or I'll leave you here to die".

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ponsonby Britt posted:

:golfclap:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Android Blues posted:

For once, Jonah is actually totally justified. The Hulk arc straight up concluded with Peter being like, "you better not report on this, journalist, or I'll leave you here to die".

:hitler:: I will further ruin this mans already hosed-up life in the name of selling a hotillion papers!
:spidey:: I will leave you to the swamp animals if you do.
:hitler:: :rant:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Carnage is gonna turn his fist into a brick. This arc is gonna be a couple days long.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ImpAtom posted:

My secret hope is that this is actually an adaptation of the PS4 Spider-Man game.

Well, I mean, spider fought a beefy guy, and an Asian villain at a construction site, and brought down a helicopter, so I mean, I guess he did

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Holy crap, that's good. :golfclap: indeed

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ponsonby Britt posted:

there are a lot of things I don't like about Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies, but J.K. Simmons' portrayal of JJJ was wonderful

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

YAAAAY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SACHARINE NON-DENOMINATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh this'll go well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWSPAPER LUKE loving CAGE :hellyeah:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You just missed that Danny fella though.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I literally just started watching Season 2 of Luke Cage today too. This must be the stars at work.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God Jonah's face in that panel.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The MSJ posted:

SACHARINE NON-DENOMINATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!

I love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I will say for NSM that while he does get his rear end kicked a lot it's not quite to the rube-goldberg machine levels his closest counterpart kept bumbling into
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-nUusfmb8

e: Then again 60's Spiderman was a lot better at getting his poo poo together so he has that going for him. I did not remember just how many people Spidey straight up killed in this series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZhkkL0VLE

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 11, 2018