Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-53/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=249

Turns out Seonil is also bit on the OP side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Well yeah, its been mentioned his guild had the magic rear end sword long before. but Apparently the sword is op as hell.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I think it sort of depends. Not dying is fine, and all but it's not confirmed that it makes you invincible, undefeatable, regenerating, or immune to pain. Being a decapitated head, burred 2 kilometers underground for a few centuries probably isn't as great as you'd imagine.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I feel like Jee-Han is just wilfully upsetting power balances now.

"Oh you're a information dealer who's valuable for their connections but has no fighting power? Here have 30 of these golems which are basically a minor army. No biggies."

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm still waiting for him to flex his gamer muscles and recruit loads of people to work under him Suikoden style. It's not hard to imagine him growing in wealth and power enough to be able to make people like information lady willing to just work under him outright to capitalize on the side benefits of being in a "party" with him and for his protection or crafting/golem services. I'm holding out hope that becomes a proper development after he plays a major part in stopping a serious threat to Korea or the Abyss at large, possibly exposing what a cheat his gamer powers are in the process.

We haven't seen a lot of solo operators like Jee-Han started out as, and with something big to really put himself on the map I could see signing on with him to get a sliver of those gamer benefits as a reasonable alternative to joining a Guild and getting involved in the politics that involves. It also can't be too attractive to stay solo since you might get turned into a mana battery at any time.

Honestly he's already done enough that at least a few randos should have come knocking on his door by now, I'm kinda sad that hasn't happened.

I'm sure the Abyss has ways to deal with immortality at a high enough level, but I gotta admit it's one hell of a passive benefit to have. It reminds me of the power that Excalibur's sheath granted. I'd really get a kick out of Jee-Han getting loaned the sword in some super secure dimensional space and then blowing himself up to level some skill, or drinking tons of poison to develop a resistance. We're due for some goofy skill training stuff dangit!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 12, 2018

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
I'm betting the reason no one has come begging to join him yet is that he's got terrible rumors spread about him. I mean he did kinda magically enslave the Church of Masks, if just knowing you can do that won't make some people hesitate I'm not sure what will.

Then we get the magical arc of Jee-Han trying to convince people that he really is a nice guy while being followed around by an army of magic kill bots.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-54/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=250

Not...totally sure what is going on here.

It has more jumpcuts than the last season of GoT.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It does have a definite feeling that poo poo is going to hit the fan very soon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is fishy. :haw:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I had a brief hope that Jee-Han stirring up the poison jar would make him have to run away, and that hope was immediately squashed. Here's hoping he applies poison-jar principles to make a super golem or something.

Nice to see our favorite elemental spirit pop up again too. With random mermaids around maybe we'll get to see the water spirit pop up for some reason. I'd also accept a sensible water spirit appearance down the line when he decides to grind in the water dragon's wacky underwater RPG area.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-55/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=251

First time I hear of the Poison Jar.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There's a few other myths/fantasies about putting a whole bunch of dangerous creatures in a really small space and making use of the resulting 'survival of the fittest' candidate.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The one guy in mob psycho 100 had a spirit jar which was pretty much the same thing

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The first time i heard of the poison jar was i think in naruto, of all places. At one point orochimaru had a big battle royale underground that decided who got to be his new body.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a rather common idea, but i've never seen it described so plainly. poison jar is a rather dull and literal term for a depraved black magic ritual.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
It seems like a lot of the official translations are kind of dull and literal, for all the comics on webtoons. I don't mind it because English is a pain in the rear end to learn but they clearly need some more native speakers or something to add some character.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain_duck posted:

The first time i heard of the poison jar was i think in naruto, of all places. At one point orochimaru had a big battle royale underground that decided who got to be his new body.

inuyasha pretty much did the same thing for naraku

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I didn't see that twist coming.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-56/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=252

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Magic crystals,
Their main component,
Are magic crystals,
4571 of them to be exact.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Elfgames posted:

inuyasha pretty much did the same thing for naraku

Yeah I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I first heard of it in Inuyasha, though the idea of "lock up a bunch of X, make them fight and you'll find the strongest one and make them tougher in the process" has been used a decent number of times, and while the end goal isn't "find the strongest" per se you also see that setup used for death game anime.

Looking forward to the next crazy BS Jee-Han pulls out of thin air, a container with a horde of flying eye golems was nice but he's got to have some new crazy thing to throw out in combat that he made with his new high-level items, skills from expensive skill books, and crafting skills.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-57/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=253

:stare: Seonil

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I endure it...WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-58/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=254

I finally get my wish and someone who might not get chumped by the Gamer appears! I think this will be a successful Seon-Il rescue though, no way he can beat both of them.

Very interesting that this is just A puppet with stats 50% lower than the controller. I'm hoping that Jee-Han is reading the stats wrong and he's fighting a puppet with 800 int controlled by someone with 1,600 int, and now he's put himself on the radar of someone who is really, properly a BIG DEAL and be shown how much he still has to learn. Even if this Wagon guy isn't that strong, I'm glad to see a new strong character on the scene. .

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the description says that it is a living, self-aware puppet. i figure the halved stats thing is due to the barrier.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So we have :words: enemy and Jeehan pulling a page out of Joseph Joestar's book.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-58/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=254

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Shame, he was about to explain how to defeat him, and probably would be very happy and interested in being defeated *

* assuming he got to back up his data

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And learn that there's someone else out there who's worthy of his attention.

It's lonely at the top :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-60/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=256

This is too much info for me at once. :psyduck:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like that seonil is just becoming more and more insanely overpowered as time goes on, to rival jeehan himself in power creep.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Invictus posted:

I like that seonil is just becoming more and more insanely overpowered as time goes on, to rival jeehan himself in power creep.

turns out the abyss is full of crazy overpowered as poo poo people and jeehan is currently barely scratching the surface.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

turns out the abyss is full of crazy overpowered as poo poo people and jeehan is currently barely scratching the surface.

This, entirely this. Also in addition he is possibly causing power creep by selling all the items he farms on the auction house and thus making good poo poo more available generally.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I feel like the story has been explicit at some point about folks like The Company (or whatever that one early-ish antagonist was) or Witch of Slaughter being pretty high-tier and one of the stronger factions/people. I guess it could simply be the case that the strongest people don't involve themselves much with the outside world, but that'd be kind of goofy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I figured the Company and Witch were pretty up there in Korea, but Jeehan is now playing in the global league.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 3, 2019

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
I think its more that everyone except for the protagonist are playing by jojo rules, where all the powerful folks have fantastically broken abilities that are largely impossible to quantify, but nobody wants to go up against the group that can use money to break the laws of physics or the woman who can instantly murder everyone in a radius or the guy who is literally immortal without having a specific gameplan

jee han ofc gets to just overpower everything because his ability to literally enforces quantifiability on anything he encounters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

atelier morgan posted:

jee han ofc gets to just overpower everything because his ability to literally enforces quantifiability on anything he encounters

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-61/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=257

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

I figured the Company and Witch were pretty up there in Korea, but Jeehan is now playing in the global league.

korea is the strongest in the world i think.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Elfgames posted:

korea is the strongest in the world i think.

Its more strongest in the region since they obliterated the Japanese abyss and... well do nasty things to keep Japan's abyss from recovering.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
koreans are the strongest in the world, but only inside of korea. presumably there are other countries or regions with similar home field advantages.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

koreans are the strongest in the world, but only inside of korea. presumably there are other countries or regions with similar home field advantages.

That's actually a good way to put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oh you Jee Han, you overpowered bastard. :allears: