Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Don't tell me they also had "FBI" graffiti around the place. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Glorgnole posted:

i'm the token american actor squeezed in to snag the valuable emerging american market

Lots of movies these days pander to the American market, being set in America, using the English language throughout, etc.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Doom Mathematic posted:

Lots of movies these days pander to the American market, being set in America, using the English language throughout, etc.
its appalling

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

i want to put a mooninite sign outside her window

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

its appalling

i'm just sick of the fan service of making female leads conform to western ideals of beauty such as having freckles or other facial blemishes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm just sick of the fan service of making female leads conform to western ideals of beauty such as having freckles or other facial blemishes

lmao source?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

lmao source?

visiting china

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im laughing at your use of "blemishes"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they really don't like them

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the sea below yangzou was the color of a glowstick umbrella, depleted from it's nightly use warding backscatter radiation off of the faces of celestial aunties

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel; an unnaturally clear and radiant blue.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel; an ERROR: DATA NOT FOUND floated across it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

When you try and pun and no-one is impressed :o:

https://twitter.com/NoneMoreNegativ/status/1059480768488062977

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

gonadic io posted:

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel; advertisements for outdated Samsung products alternated with glaring white fields reading ERROR 404

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1059652870981779456

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

that didn't take long

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
ministry of silly walks to become crucial tradecraft department

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

El_Elegante posted:

yeah solution is actually p. easy just put an insert into one of your shoes that messes up your gait any time you want to be anonymous

e: assuming you care enough to do it that is

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

heck yeah i specifically asked for this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

deus ex aside this is a very bridge trilogy gibson thing crossing into do androids dream dickian reality

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what was it 1984 said. animals and proles are free? turns out with enough processing power it makes sense to just build a panopticon over every fuckin thing rather than pick and choose what’s worth controlling. 2018 China is scary as gently caress

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the great thing about this farce is that regular old just-slightly-left-of-center groups have been routinely infiltrated by the fbi for a hundred years

in any given greenpeace or sierra club group, one of the most active members will be a salaried employee of the secret police

for the last three GOP conventions there have been mass police raids on local residences suspected to harbor protestors or organizers of protests, orchestrated by secret police. and naturally there is no media coverage because, well, the media doesn't care

this has been the status quo for ordinary americans for decades, and only a far right republican nutter could imagine a world where it's weird or scary that the fbi would be watching you

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the great thing about this farce is that regular old just-slightly-left-of-center groups have been routinely infiltrated by the fbi for a hundred years

in any given greenpeace or sierra club group, one of the most active members will be a salaried employee of the secret police

for the last three GOP conventions there have been mass police raids on local residences suspected to harbor protestors or organizers of protests, orchestrated by secret police. and naturally there is no media coverage because, well, the media doesn't care

this has been the status quo for ordinary americans for decades, and only a far right republican nutter could imagine a world where it's weird or scary that the fbi would be watching you

:woop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it is actually weird and scary that the govt watches non-violent left wing groups while not paying the same attention to far more violent right wing groups (or doing so but not giving a gently caress)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

they've got plenty of members in them, but not as part of their job :twisted:

:negative:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Bulgakov posted:

:negative:

TIL "I'm in danger" Ralph isn't on Frinkiac because it's from Family Guy
gently caress this gay earth

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Bulgakov posted:

that’s legitimately a serious risk in attempted infiltration of those groups

disgustingly even

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

eschaton posted:

disgustingly even

FBI agent right after getting "14 Words" tattooed on his chest: Boss, you really should hear these guys out. Have you ever considered that maybe we arrest black people all the time because they do more crime? Check out these crimestats

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah solution is actually p. easy just put an insert into one of your shoes that messes up your gait any time you want to be anonymous

e: assuming you care enough to do it that is

lifehack: stub your toe for anonymity

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

2018 China is scary as gently caress
they're busy disappearing a whole ethnic minority into concentration camps right now. i'm sure it'll end well

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

eschaton posted:

disgustingly even

"hey bob, what're you doing here!? thought you were working undercover tonight to infiltrate terrist groups?

well I'll see you at next week's potluck -- heeeyuuuck!"

the only light at the end of the tunnel (besides sweet death) is that the rank n file day to day fascists, especially in modern [american] times, are generally uneducated about any lessons that were learned before they rolled back onto a scene

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Stick Insect posted:

lifehack: stub your toe for anonymity

good point!

wanna know how these algorithms fare when put against a mob of drunk people stumbling home from bars

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

abstract

constant inebriation as a defense against deep neural network based panopticon classification systems in the realm of machine learning

drunken master....was right :eyepop:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Bulgakov posted:

abstract

constant inebriation as a defense against deep neural network based panopticon classification systems in the realm of machine learning

drunken master....was right :eyepop:

Jackie Chan is an leet hacker

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I remember SAMARITAN doing gait analysis in a episode of PoI and thinking oh drat

at least there’s a human at the controls still in China though

I’m assuming

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I remember SAMARITAN doing gait analysis in a episode of PoI and thinking oh drat

at least there’s a human at the controls still in China though

I’m assuming

han chinese walk like this

uighurs walk like this

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Bulgakov posted:

uighurs walk like this

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Bulgakov posted:

uighurs walk like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

it is actually weird and scary that the govt watches non-violent left wing groups while not paying the same attention to far more violent right wing groups (or doing so but not giving a gently caress)

those in power are comfortable with fascism, well i never

• Locked thread