Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chapters out!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/924/page/1

Wano Country Act 1-END

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
500 million would probably place him around the level of a Warlord or an Emperor's main fighter, I think.

Numerically, at least. But as we all know bounties aren't ever really a solid reflection of your strength.

Similar bounty levels are...

Tamago - 429,000,000 Beli (dude got beaten by Pedro)
Kid - 470,000,000 Beli
Edward Weevil - 480,000,000 Beli (frozen, supposedly as strong as Whitebeard was during his prime)
Law - 500,000,000 Beli (after leaving the Warlords)
Chinjao - 500,000,000 Beli (however, his current strength no longer reflects his bounty, since he's grown weaker in his old age)
Ace - 550,000,000 Beli
Charlotte Snack - 600,000,000 Beli (weakest of the 4 Sweets, lost his position after being beaten by Uroge, and even some non-Sweets have higher bounties)
Sabo - 602,000,000 Beli (very high ranking Revolutionary member)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hell gently caress yeah this is so goddamn hype.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Eneru would do "fine" so long as he never got blindsided like he did with Luffy, he's actually perfectly capable of beating Luffy if he actually fights effectively instead of freaking out and panicking or focusing on other things.

His arrogance was always his problem, the golden ball proves he absolutely could've taken out Luffy if he actually bothered to try. On the Blue Sea his problem would be the number of enemies on his level is much higher, so if he remained as arrogant as he was on Skypiea he'd lose to the first Logia on equal standing. Although, he is immune to almost everything thanks to having incredibly strong observation Haki, so the only Admiral who could probably touch him is Kizaru, who can attack from outside Eneru's range and has a faster fruit.

He wouldn't rule but he'd certainly cut it at least at Warlord if not Admiral level given he didn't let his own ego get the better of him against threats he can't immediately slaughter.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
robin, lmao

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
some drat fine faces this chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing the person in the cell is one of the samurai.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RatHat posted:

Guessing the person in the cell is one of the samurai.

I thought it was Kid?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo that Robinface :stare:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hate-Senpai posted:

500 million would probably place him around the level of a Warlord or an Emperor's main fighter, I think.

Numerically, at least. But as we all know bounties aren't ever really a solid reflection of your strength.

Similar bounty levels are...

Tamago - 429,000,000 Beli (dude got beaten by Pedro)
Kid - 470,000,000 Beli
Edward Weevil - 480,000,000 Beli (frozen, supposedly as strong as Whitebeard was during his prime)
Law - 500,000,000 Beli (after leaving the Warlords)
Chinjao - 500,000,000 Beli (however, his current strength no longer reflects his bounty, since he's grown weaker in his old age)
Ace - 550,000,000 Beli
Charlotte Snack - 600,000,000 Beli (weakest of the 4 Sweets, lost his position after being beaten by Uroge, and even some non-Sweets have higher bounties)
Sabo - 602,000,000 Beli (very high ranking Revolutionary member)

Pedro had a 382,000,000 beli bounty himself would not call Tamago being beaten by him to be a huge issue. Funny enough Tamago and Pekoms were introduced instantly crushing Caribou stating that overconfident logia's need to be put in their place.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Eneru would do "fine" so long as he never got blindsided like he did with Luffy, he's actually perfectly capable of beating Luffy if he actually fights effectively instead of freaking out and panicking or focusing on other things.

His arrogance was always his problem, the golden ball proves he absolutely could've taken out Luffy if he actually bothered to try. On the Blue Sea his problem would be the number of enemies on his level is much higher, so if he remained as arrogant as he was on Skypiea he'd lose to the first Logia on equal standing. Although, he is immune to almost everything thanks to having incredibly strong observation Haki, so the only Admiral who could probably touch him is Kizaru, who can attack from outside Eneru's range and has a faster fruit.

He wouldn't rule but he'd certainly cut it at least at Warlord if not Admiral level given he didn't let his own ego get the better of him against threats he can't immediately slaughter.

The issue is that he would get blindsided, probably even worse. The Admirals likely have better haki as well, and I don't see how Eneru could come even close to any of them. When he can't hurt them, but they can hurt him.

Edit: Also chapter was cool and funny.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 9, 2018

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Bleck posted:

I thought it was Kid?

The other one, the bonespitter.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Luffy is so cool, all the time, forever.

Those faces, goddamn.

Also Shinobu is wonderful.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

oh i guess luffy doesn't die (yet).

kaido is going down just how orz was but with all supernovas.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

END OF ACT ONE. Now that's how you start a week hiatus

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

She truly deserves her spot on the crew

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Oda... don't make Robin do that face again... Ever.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Lpzie posted:

oh i guess luffy doesn't die (yet).

kaido is going down just how orz was but with all supernovas.

Yeah I wanna see a Supernova combo battle on Kaidou, that’s gonna be awesome.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Holy poo poo the faces this chapter. Oda does it again!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
So does this mean Kaidou doesn't have a fruit but is actually a humongous dragon? It's obvious his club is a huge hunk of seastone which would make him fruitless in order to use it, unless it's just in the end like Smoker's.

I busted a gut so hard when Franky's face showed up

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
it was at least nice that luffy got to still be cool while being ko'd but i really wish he'd have put up a bit more fight before going down

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Reiche posted:

So does this mean Kaidou doesn't have a fruit but is actually a humongous dragon? It's obvious his club is a huge hunk of seastone which would make him fruitless in order to use it, unless it's just in the end like Smoker's.

I busted a gut so hard when Franky's face showed up

Why on earth is the club sea prism? Kaido used haki, he just wasn’t trying very hard so it didn’t show. Or hell, it’s even possible that he just hit him that hard without haki that he punched through Luffy’s defenses like an impact dial or Foxy after stopping time for him.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol that's a good chapter for the faces alone

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

also whoa that seastone comes from wano. this means kaido owns the only source of seastone in the world, right? is he selling it to the marines?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Last Celebration posted:

Why on earth is the club sea prism? Kaido used haki, he just wasn’t trying very hard so it didn’t show. Or hell, it’s even possible that he just hit him that hard without haki that he punched through Luffy’s defenses like an impact dial or Foxy after stopping time for him.

Oda uses the black lightning effect in haki clashes so its probably haki?

I was not at all ready for Robinface

Oda you could have could have killed me, I started choking up from laughing.

Ow my ribs

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This chapter inspired me to make a dumb Game Grumps related edit please forgive me but I couldn't get it out of my head once I saw the faces.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dem chins tho

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I totally called it. Luffy and Kidd are cellmates.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o my god those faces

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I totally called it. Luffy and Kidd are cellmates.
I think literally every One Piece reader called this one chief

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

not me. i thought he was gonna die.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oda did Robin super dirty. Does he hate her as much as he hates Sanji?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is this the first time we've seen Robin like that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lpzie posted:

not me. i thought he was gonna die.

they're all dead and wano is purgatory

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kegslayer posted:

Yes.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

p. sure oda is cheating on his wife, nami, with a robin and nami suspects something so he's trying to do damage control here.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

She had a freaked out face in Dressrosa (when they realise the Tontatta are planning to overthrow Doflamingo iirc??), I think Oda is gradually trying to bring her into the pace of the other Strawhats post-Enies Lobby

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lpzie posted:

p. sure oda is cheating on his wife, nami, with a robin and nami suspects something so he's trying to do damage control here.

Oda is actually Sanji. Suddenly it all makes sense.

Random note, I think male Boa Hancock is the best gender flipped character by far.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Grouchio posted:

Oda did Robin super dirty. Does he hate her as much as he hates Sanji?

Not even close. (And yes I believe that too about Sanji)

He's more just trying to include her in Straw Hat fooling around since she broke out of her shell post-EL. He's gradually opened her up, and as pointed out this isn't the first time she's made a crazy face fault.

Edit: Luffy and Kid reunited after their unified wreckage by Kaido: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOvGfiqW5E

Demonicpoodle fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 9, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Why would anyone think Oda hates Sanji? He's The Pervert, he gets goofed on for it plenty but Oda probably loves him as much as Horikoshi loves Mineta.

Sanji just had a whole arc where he got to be the Coolest and Nicest Guy. You (read here as 'the perverted character disliker,' not you specifically dear reader) do not like Sanji, Oda likes Sanji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I knew this would all end in Luffy, Law and Kidd teaming up to kick rear end again.

Sanji's a perv but it seems a lot of that is probably from simply not knowing how to act appropriately around women from being raised almost entirely by men (and he gets a bit worse spending too much time with transvestites) Despite being a snooty jerk who's ruder to his friends than his enemies, he has some pretty ironclad morals, being on the end of neglect, cruelty and deprivation means he rarely uses more force than necessary and refuses to see even his enemies starve to death.

I kinda figure Zoro has a few awkward feelings and crossed wires around women, which about explains his relationship with Tashigi, since he respects Kuina's memory more than anything but is all too aware of her ignoble death. (I think the arbitrary and uncaring nature of the universe has a strong influence on his Buddhist-like philosophy) That said, he's also definitely the type to prefer not to kill a powerful enemy, because how would they know that he won?