Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Anyone got any hints as to what my next move can be here? I feel like I should be able to mark something in the 3-1-1-1-3 row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

KingSlime posted:

I'm gonna download it just to upset the whiny goons who were opposed to this because MY DEDICATED HANDHELD

Where y'all at anyways? I want to hear about how the YouTube app is objectively harming your switch experience, friends!

(I'm actually just excited to watch dumb youtubes and pull up reviews when it's convenient etc)
Man you sure did own those imaginary posters.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Finally got my first full combo despite how much I'm fighting the joycons and how easy the song is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Anyone got any hints as to what my next move can be here? I feel like I should be able to mark something in the 3-1-1-1-3 row.

Look at the upper left corner, you can rule out some squares up there

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

Look at the upper left corner, you can rule out some squares up there
THANK YOU

I've tried this puzzle multiple times and keep getting stuck at this point. That's not a technique used too often to eliminate squares.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

John Lee posted:

You don't work in education, do you? Because I know a guy who is really excited about it, and it strains credulity that there could be TWO of them.
I’ve always heard that education is the job type with the highest concentration of pedophiles, so....
Actually, not so funny story. My sister applied to teach English in South Korea, and her background check took longer than it did for her other classmates teaching ESL abroad because so many :pedo: try and get jobs teaching in Southeast Asia.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

That I understand, but do you take your Switch to work as well and sneak in some game time? Because hell yeah in that case.

At home though I don't get it.

When you have children and a spouse the only guilt free alone time you're "allowed" to have sometimes, the only time when it's ok to demand that everyone leave you alone and give you some peace and privacy, is when you're in the bathroom.

In other news my son and I played his first ever game of Mario Party tonight. I stomped him 6 - 2. There comes a time in every child's life where he must learn the harsh truth about Mario Party.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 9, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

THANK YOU

I've tried this puzzle multiple times and keep getting stuck at this point. That's not a technique used too often to eliminate squares.

I think everytime Ive ever been stumped its due to that and invariably I end up redoing the puzzle like 3 times before even trying that technique.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

hollow knight sure is a rollercoaster 'god I hate this loving slog' and 'oh gently caress yeah new move lets go to that area'

I'm finally warming up to it completely. strangely it has a ton of poo poo i like but it didnt really come together until maybe halfway in(?)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Barudak posted:

I think everytime Ive ever been stumped its due to that and invariably I end up redoing the puzzle like 3 times before even trying that technique.

What's the technique?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ponzicar posted:

What's the technique?

If you look at the upper left corner, its possible to rule out the 8 block filling in the two left most spaces because that would eventually (after filling in column 1 and 2) result in you having to put a 2 in a row that can only contain a 1. Very rarely do you need to eliminate pieces by deriving that the move would invalidate something in another row.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Man you sure did own those imaginary posters.

Nah there were a couple guys like that

Catalina
May 20, 2008

By the way, thank you everyone for the suggestions, I ended up with Stardew Valley since multiplayer is coming soon, but now my Wishlist is pretty filled out. I didn't know Into the Breach was on Switch, I've been meaning to try that out.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I been playing diablo 3 on here.. I played it on pc when it came out and a little after they added adventure mode and took out the RMAH, but I don’t think I got the necromancer. necro rulez. starting in adventure mode instead of the story also rulez. I plan to play through the story eventually but man .. it sucks so much.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I just picked up Transistor and I'm hella excited to chew through the story again.

Any recommendations for games that have similarly awesome soundtracks? I play Switch while my girlfriend does homework and she digs the games that sound pleasant. I do not play Diablo 3 while she is doing homework. :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Minecraft still has my favorite chill study music.
I play it when reading.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Barudak posted:

If you look at the upper left corner, its possible to rule out the 8 block filling in the two left most spaces because that would eventually (after filling in column 1 and 2) result in you having to put a 2 in a row that can only contain a 1. Very rarely do you need to eliminate pieces by deriving that the move would invalidate something in another row.

Thanks. I'll have to add that as a last resort to my Picross techniques.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

TheHoosier posted:

hollow knight sure is a rollercoaster 'god I hate this loving slog' and 'oh gently caress yeah new move lets go to that area'

I'm finally warming up to it completely. strangely it has a ton of poo poo i like but it didnt really come together until maybe halfway in(?)

I loved it pretty much from start to finish but I do think it gets better as it goes on. Expanding your moveset and offensive options makes the combat more enjoyable.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
Has anyone played this Mercanaries Wings: The False Phoenix game? It looks good and I want it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

b_d posted:

I been playing diablo 3 on here.. I played it on pc when it came out and a little after they added adventure mode and took out the RMAH, but I don’t think I got the necromancer. necro rulez. starting in adventure mode instead of the story also rulez. I plan to play through the story eventually but man .. it sucks so much.

i don't know why you would every play a necro build that didn't maximize the number of little buddies hanging out with you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fallom posted:

i don't know why you would every play a necro build that didn't maximize the number of little buddies hanging out with you
The necro build in the challenge rift this week is real cool and works entirely around doing direct damage with bone spears, it could make you change your mind about that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
they seem to have a lot of fun builds! First I ran around with skeletons, then I ran around exploding everything around me, then I zipped around flinging bones and exploding everything that entered the screen before it could reach me

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Rolo posted:

So how is diablo 3 in portable?

Loved 2, never ever touched 3 and wondering if this thing is worth sixty booones.

I forgot I had a Switch until Diablo 3 came out, and now I'm super happy I have one. Diablo 3 is wonderful and there are aspects of the Switch port I like even more than the PC version. Get it and smash or zap or slice or wallop things and have a loving blast.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There's another rhythm game coming out, but this time with real music. :agesilaus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKPxuaf6DjM

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

this might work for you

Good tool.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

If my put my Switch account on my friends system in addition to mine, can they download my games and play online with me?

This is a bit old but, for those wondering:

I have a 'share' profile that I buy games with. This account has my own switch as it's main console, and as such all the other profiles in that switch get access to the game. I use my main profile to play the games bought on my share profile.

My friend has my share profile on her own switch, and can only play my games using that account. I am never using that account except to acess the eshop so there's no conflicts.

Doing this we can both play the same game online, provided both accounts have a subscription.

But as you can tell you can only do this to play your game with one other friend at the same time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I am bouncing off of Torna's battle system. I'm basically done with it, but it feels like a clunky version of XC2s already somewhat clunky battle system.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has anybody played Zen Bound 2 on this thing?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fallom posted:

Nah there were a couple guys like that
There were people responding to those asking why there was no Netflix/YouTube etc apps by posting the reasoning provided by Nintendo (which was basically that they wanted to focus on games). Some agreed with it, but were mostly of the opinion that they didn't give a poo poo whether the Switch got any streaming apps because everyone has them on phones and a hundred other devices these days.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So Diablo 3 has better combat, no more online always on, the real money auction house is gone, and they added something other then story mode. Did they really just scrap everything from the launch

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

So Diablo 3 has better combat, no more online always on, the real money auction house is gone, and they added something other then story mode. Did they really just scrap everything from the launch
they didn't scrap the TERRIBLE CARTOONY BABY GRAPHICS :qq:

but yeah they did change the game a lot. Not sure I'd call it "scrap" because it's still very much the same game, though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I use the word scrap bc I very distinctly remember the devs saying the always online was essential to running the game, cuz the dungeons were created on the server. So it sounds like now they actually bothered creating the levels and stuff

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

I use the word scrap bc I very distinctly remember the devs saying the always online was essential to running the game, cuz the dungeons were created on the server. So it sounds like now they actually bothered creating the levels and stuff

Nah that was basically just a bullshit excuse for them to have the rmah. Levels are still generated but clientside because "your computer isn't powerful enough to do it" was an outright lie.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LeFishy posted:

Nah that was basically just a bullshit excuse for them to have the rmah. Levels are still generated but clientside because "your computer isn't powerful enough to do it" was an outright lie.

Wow, I hadn't heard that excuse before. That's silly, I'm totally powerful enough to do it :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

irlZaphod posted:

There were people responding to those asking why there was no Netflix/YouTube etc apps by posting the reasoning provided by Nintendo (which was basically that they wanted to focus on games). Some agreed with it, but were mostly of the opinion that they didn't give a poo poo whether the Switch got any streaming apps because everyone has them on phones and a hundred other devices these days.

I figured it was more because iirc on the Wii U at least the YouTube app had security holes exploited for piracy and jailbreaking.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figured it was more because iirc on the Wii U at least the YouTube app had security holes exploited for piracy and jailbreaking.
I'm sure that's probably at least part of the actual reason. They were fairly tight lipped on the whole thing but would get asked fairly regularly about it, and the "focus on games" thing was the official line from them.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Barudak posted:

For the record, while this is a valid technique in my experience Nintendo’s picross games will never require it.

In the picture posted you could also have X’ed a square in the fifth row down, the 1 2 1 2 row - the left of the two filled in squares has to have an X on the right. That should let you fill out more of that column and work from there.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ahh! I didn't notice that. I was thinking the square to the right could have been part of the other 2, but didn't realise that if it was, the square to the right would still be an X.

I have about 2 more regular puzzles left in S1, I've only finished about 1 full page of the Mega Picross puzzles though. I can never finish these games quicker than they make them because I tend to play Picross in short bursts.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

After using YouTube on the Switch after getting into bed last night I've decided to never use it again because I'm fidgety as heck and move around constantly, and the number of times I accidentally hit one of the shoulder buttons causing it to change to a different video was maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LeFishy posted:

Lol, fuckin' christ