Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SHISHKABOB posted:

Why is that flower so angry.
He's just always pistil off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Still don't need to petal angry like that.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

It's just in his roots.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
But we're all pollen there.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Oh gently caress.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Gunnerkrigg Court: The Clone Saga

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Oh. My. God.

Kat grew her hair out again!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lurdiak posted:

I don't like idiots.

Ha gently caress you moron

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant loving believe Tony would clone his daughter.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I can't believe Eglamore is a cross dressing Annie cosplayer

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Memory fuckery is the only possible explanation and anyone who doesn't connect two dots that way is an idiot.

(To be fair, we were in the pleasant position of having overconfident assholes to see discover their wrongness whether it went that way or not.)

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 9, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Okay Tony, you can solve this.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ditocoaf posted:

Memory fuckery is the only possible explanation and anyone who doesn't connect two dots that way is an idiot.

(To be fair, we were in the pleasant position of having overconfident assholes to see discover their wrongness whether it went that way or not.)

Yeah, a real win-win. Honestly we've been pretty bad at predicting where things are going in the comic so it usually seems futile even guess. What will happen next? Will the clone cop to being a clone and just be like "yeah, we needed to provide privacy for Loup and Annie to talk, bye"? Is the Annie in the chair the fake and we're in unreliable narrator (sorta not really a narrator, whatever) territory? Does it matter that the Annie with short hair appears to be the one that answered the favorite song question several pages ago? I dunno, gotta wait til next week.

maswastaken posted:

Oh. My. God.

This is actually the most important part right now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, didn't see that coming.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

Okay Tony, you can solve this.
Two Annies means a spare soul for resurrecting Surma!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Identical Cousins?!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Tony pulls a gun, gives it to Kat and says: "You can ask one question before you must decide"

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Show us the ether.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
We already had the unreliable narrator twist back when Zimmy thought she was Annie, so I doubt it'll be that again. As usual, speculation on Gunnerkrigg is almost impossible, and incredibly fun. I'm just gonna go with my initial thought on this one.

The gently caress?

Also;

maswastaken posted:

Oh. My. God.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I like that Anthony and Kat immediately side-eye the Annie they came in with and move to a neutral side of the room. The way they're looking at her could be concern for her safety or feelings, but it could also be "oh poo poo, if she's fake that explains everything".

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 9, 2018

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Man, missed my chance to predict this one, but to be fair, my speculation was more on the side of "At least one Antimony has emerged from the forest in the intervening months, but the court identified them as fakes."

It seems unwise to face off the two Annies this soon, unless the Court is absolutely sure that the Annie they have is real, and that the Annie that's in the room is harmless.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:ohdear:

The one thing that popped into my mind: what if this is a Thomas Riker situation? i.e., they're both real? Loup was a jerk, copied Annie perfectly and sent one on her merry way while keeping the other one in the forest.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mikl posted:

:ohdear:

The one thing that popped into my mind: what if this is a Thomas Riker situation? i.e., they're both real? Loup was a jerk, copied Annie perfectly and sent one on her merry way while keeping the other one in the forest.

Tom is taking a page from Kingdom Hearts so that's Minyx Travancore, meaning it's time for Annie to erase her and all her happy memories.

(Also a lot of dubious fanfics)

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kennel posted:

Tony pulls a gun, gives it to Kat and says: "You can ask one question before you must decide"

I loving cackled at this. Good job mate.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The other Annie is real and good too and from this point onward we will have two Annies.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also theory, they're both real. Loup has already displayed time bullshit. Short haired Annie is from a timeline where he just sent her right back and long haired Annie is from one where they talked.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Annie-α will go join the psychopomps, Annie-β will be our protagonist.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So, both of these Annies must have passed through the barrier. Unless one was grown from a tree on the court and no one questioned how she got in.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
There was always two Annies. Nobody just noticed before.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Well, the creator's comment saved us a lot of speculation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rumda posted:

Ha gently caress you moron

gently caress you right back you dipshit.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lt. Lizard posted:

The other Annie is real and good too and from this point onward we will have two Annies.

One has fast paced adventures, the other takes her time exploring her personal relationships. Both types of readers are happy and never complain about pacing again.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

At least it’ll be easier than having to tell Tony and a clone apart.

“What is your fondest memory of me and my mother?”

*both in perfect unison* “Your quizzing is is inefficient, Antimony”

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
If one of them is a clone is she Anti-Mony

If her dad gets cloned they could be a sitcom. Antimony, Anti-Mony (Auntie Anti to robot) and Anti-Tony.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I guess I might as well pick "the Annie we've been following is the fake one" just to cover all bases.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The way Annie's luck has been going, Tony and Clonetimony had a breakthrough while she was away and are now extremely close.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The way Annie's luck has been going, Tony and Clonetimony had a breakthrough while she was away and are now extremely close.

No worries, all those memories probably got wiped as well

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Has Annie ever worn her make-up since she reconciled with her father? Because the one who just entered the room does.

The more important question might be, which one of those hair clips is the real one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Has Annie ever worn her make-up since she reconciled with her father? Because the one who just entered the room does.

The more important question might be, which one of those hair clips is the real one.

I don't keep tabs on this kind of detail but Forest Annie has some very clear eyeliner in this page so, I'd guess yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

imposter, or actual personality split?