Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Inzombiac posted:

I make a very modest salary and am easily the lowest paid person in my office.

Everyone else earns at least double what I make, often much more. Now everyone is talking about their lavish winter plans near me. Someone asked where I was going and all I could say was, "I can barely afford rent, let alone a vacation."

It's me, an enormous buzzkill.

Murder you coworkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Oldprincipless

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
More like Oldbourgiousieless

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Wait I want to change my answer.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was gonna say oldmurderless

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Called out sick today because I really needed the break for my mental/physical health, and the whole process just affirmed that I made the right choice. I feel bad about lying and saying I was sick, but having my weird corporate robot boss try to manage how I called out and chiding me for not calling more than four hours(!) in advance really did make me feel ill.

In fact, I had quite a lot more to say about this particular boss, but thinking about it and trying to write it out makes me want to throw up so I guess I'll save it for later.

Thin Privilege posted:

On the plus side you don't have to work 10am-11pm then 6:00am-4:00pm with an hour commute! Yeah that's not happening again. America (I assume you're in :911: ) isn't really first world in many regards though...

Yeah, I would probably kill someone if they tried to pull that poo poo on me. On the upside, I'm really motivated to work on my resumé right now..

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bees on Wheat posted:

Called out sick today because I really needed the break for my mental/physical health, and the whole process just affirmed that I made the right choice. I feel bad about lying and saying I was sick, but having my weird corporate robot boss try to manage how I called out and chiding me for not calling more than four hours(!) in advance really did make me feel ill.

In fact, I had quite a lot more to say about this particular boss, but thinking about it and trying to write it out makes me want to throw up so I guess I'll save it for later.

Yeah, I would probably kill someone if they tried to pull that poo poo on me. On the upside, I'm really motivated to work on my resumé right now..

Sorry, bud. That's a real nice thing about my job. Everyone wants you to use up your sick leave if you need it. No excuses, no proof needed. You earned it, lay in bed all day if you want.

My last job required TWELVE hour notice. In some cases that would have been while I was still at work from my last shift.
Loads of people said, "gently caress that" and have a couple hours at best. The policy was never in writing so the lovely managers had no real leg to stand on. Just a lot of threats.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bees on Wheat posted:

Mental health days count as sick days. If your boss doesn't understand that he's a prick.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I took a nap but I can't shake feeling tired.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
America is not a 1st world country.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Thread title?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The other first-world countries aren't either, it's okay.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I need to jerk off like a loving lunatic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Another huge loving fire in California so my house smells like burning ash now despite being over 150 miles away and closing all the windows. I'm going to buy one of those breathing masks because this poo poo happens every couple months now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My shoulders and back hurt all the time despite my poor diet and complete lack of exercise.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Inzombiac posted:

My shoulders and back hurt all the time despite my poor diet and complete lack of exercise.

:same:

also, I am middle-aged

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Seriously, why can't my shoulders/back just magically be okay all the time, too? It's bullshit. I want to be able to work on the computer all day and then go home and not feel too fatigued to play video games.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Mu Zeta posted:

Another huge loving fire in California so my house smells like burning ash now despite being over 150 miles away and closing all the windows. I'm going to buy one of those breathing masks because this poo poo happens every couple months now.

Same. :smith: I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as last time when there was ash floating around in the air but it doesn’t look promising.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Now Golden Gate Park is on fire. gently caress I wanted to jog tomorrow god drat it.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I was laying down and reading on the couch and my dog ran up and licked my face and nose, but like got her tongue up in my nose and for the past two hours all I can smell is dog.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Just found out that my cool and nice manager (tm) is looking to leave the company asap, so now I'm really glad I'm planning my out already. From the sound of it, there may be a lot of poo poo rolling downhill from upper management (who are pretty much never in the building) and he's concerned about whether or not our location will even stay open. They just closed another location a couple weeks ago, rather suddenly, and claim they're putting those resources into our location but it seems really suspect. Either way, I hate that place and I have a lot of people willing to help me find something else so I see no reason to stay.

Nthing my entire neighborhood/city/state smelling like fire. :ca:
I'm over 200 miles away from the Camp Fire (the one burning up the town of Paradise) and it's been smoky and hazy here all day. Thankfully the air quality inside is still alright.

There was something else I was going to complain about but now I forget what it was.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hanging laundry up to dry is such a tedious loving chore and I hate it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not only am I incapable of taking naps, I can't even sleep in. I'm up at 6 am or earlier every day, no matter what.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

I've had the shits for like a week now

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I've had the shits for like a week now

Giving you the old drizzle-drazzle

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I pulled my neck when brushing teeth on Thursday and I still can’t bend my head backwards to full extent.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Maybe if you stop brushing your teeth by holding the brush between your buttocks and contorting yourself you won't pull a muscle?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have not really been responding much to the current medication I am on for BPD but my previous psychiatrist (who prescribed them all in the first place) would rarely ever change a thing or dose. That whole "Yeah I hear you, but..." bullshit

I 'fired' him and saw a new psych on wednes, and I came prepared and wanting to be taken seriously because my severe mood swings and chronic emotional instability is ruining (has ruined) my life but this isn't e/n, sorry. He wants at least 5+ appointments or something when they are only available every 2 months I need medication change now now now,

So I guess the problem is not being taken seriously by doctors, which from some others' previous posts either here or somewhere else, it seems to be unfortunately common. I know at the end of the day, its just another job to them, but it feels like there is no winning in this situation.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I’m really excited to get the Spyro remaster but it comes out on Tuesday and I want it nooow.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

cinni posted:

I have not really been responding much to the current medication I am on for BPD but my previous psychiatrist (who prescribed them all in the first place) would rarely ever change a thing or dose. That whole "Yeah I hear you, but..." bullshit

I 'fired' him and saw a new psych on wednes, and I came prepared and wanting to be taken seriously because my severe mood swings and chronic emotional instability is ruining (has ruined) my life but this isn't e/n, sorry. He wants at least 5+ appointments or something when they are only available every 2 months I need medication change now now now,

So I guess the problem is not being taken seriously by doctors, which from some others' previous posts either here or somewhere else, it seems to be unfortunately common. I know at the end of the day, its just another job to them, but it feels like there is no winning in this situation.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I only really know of BPD from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but I have a friend online (they have given me permission to discuss them provided I keep them totally anonymous) who has a similarly stigmatized disorder (DID, on top of Psychopathy). I tend to do my best to understand how it works by asking questions about how they perceive things, and if I figure out a metaphor that works for me I run it by one of them to see if they agree/if it's accurate. It's really annoying to me how little these sorts of things are understood because all it takes is a little effort to begin to understand, even if you'll never experience it.

It's something that's kind of important to me as a result, because it makes me think about my own thoughts and emotions on a deeper level, like I once tried to describe the feeling of guilt to them (because they don't feel it themselves, however what they lack in empathy they have learned to understand so they tend to be very sensitive to others as a result), and eventually settled on it not being it's own thing, but an emotional parasite, that latches onto every other emotion and makes them feel even shittier, like Sadness gains the extra "And I did this bad thing because I'm an idiot who didn't think...", happiness/joy is tainted because of intrusive thoughts about the bad thing you did, and anger can end up turning internal fairly quickly.

Also in 2 months I'm getting a brain scan to see if my twitches are Tourettes or not.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Nov 11, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My stupid heater is apparently an old piece of crap that likes to crap out every now and again. I rent so I don't have to pay for fixes and maintenance gets to it really, really quickly. The FWP is that occasionally I have to be kind of chilly for a day.

Cold doesn't even bother me that much I just live alone and like to sit around in my underwear a lot.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Nov 12, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I hate movies. And I mean HATE. I don't like watching them. But I do it for friends and such so I've seen a poo poo ton recently cause they all like movies. And I'm fine! Honestly fine! The most I've ever said is be like "this camera guy sucks at zooming" cause like. Film is my major (ha ha irony). But when I see someone gently caress a fish and an then rip off almost completely the exact physical environment of Bioshock 1, I'm a little irked... oh and apparently this won best picture? K.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Nov 13, 2018

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Moving day! :neckbeard: First snow and sleet of the season. :bang:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wish this dude would stop talking about the various criminal activities he is involved in with his co conspirator that they are facing jail time over, including federal time, loudly on the phone on this train.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Some lady halfway around the world has presumably forgotten how to spell her email address and has started signing mine up for things.

I hope little Ian made his orthodontist appointment on time :ohdear:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Everyone who hears that can't serve on a jury, as they're too biased.

Can't be convicted if there's no-one to pass a verdict

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The mayor made public transportation free tomorrow and it's going to be a shitshow.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Why not keep public transit free and pay for its upkeep/employees using road tax money (since more group transit means less wear and tear from cars)?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Because only poors like me use the public transit and any mayor that tries to do that will be voted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My sister-in-law couldn't be bothered to pick up her own mother from the airport tonight, even though they live together, because she wanted to get drunk with her friends. Instead, my husband had to pick her up, even though we live further away, and it meant he couldn't pick me up from work because her flight was supposed to land right around the time I was supposed to clock out. It wasn't even a late flight. She would have had plenty of time to pick mom up then get drunk if she actually cared at all.

On the upside, I ended up splitting a Lyft with my Nice and Cool Manager (tm) and having a drink together because we live on the same side of town and it was nice to bitch about work together. Downside is, the bar we like to frequent is near a sports arena and tonight's game ended just after we got there so the bar was flooded with people.

Also, I have to work on Thanksgiving.

Also also, someone from upper management came by tonight and remarked that while he "liked" my sweater, it wasn't appropriate for our dress code. Not because it had the Sailor Moon symbols on it, but because it partially covered the stupid dress I have to wear. Like, heaven forbid anyone thinks I'm wearing a skirt instead of a dress. :wtf:

He said nothing about the fact that I have bright blue streaks in my hair, though. Or the fact that I was wearing Dr Martens boots. He suggested I wear a nice jacket instead, so I'm thinking of going with my bright red plaid blazer. It even matches the colors of our company logo. :j: