Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think there is also a difference in how the adamantium was applied between Logan and Bullseye. Like Bullseye had his bones laced with it where Logan had his entirely coated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So it's what, the amount? Someone worked out the LD50? Cause I want to read an issue all about adamantium enhanced lab mice. With an increasingly desperate janitor setting up ever more ludicrous traps, modelled after Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Up to the janitor that's probably a We3 What If.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You Am I posted:

I think it was mentioned in the Wolverine issue of the Fatal Attractions storyline, soon after the Adamantium was ripped out of him. He mentioned his healing factor was boosted now it didn't have to deal with the metal.

It was both.
In the immediate aftermath to Fatal Attractions his Healing Factor was shot because it took so much work to keep him alive from having metal shoot out from all his bones.
But like a DBZ character his Healing Factor came back stronger than when he had Adamtium inside him.

Apart from that they have been consistent with the idea that Adamantium is poisonous to Wolvie and if his Healing Factor is switched off he needs some non-descript medicine to stay alive. In Frank Tieri's run he had to get this medicine when he was in the Cage, a magical power dampening story.

Interestingly even though Bullseye has Adamantuim Bones no mention of if he needs medicine for that.

Also, fun fact, when you put Adamantuim onto bones it gets changed to Adamantium Beta which as a metal has different properties to normal Adamantium.
It's never been explained what those properties are, but if you ever need a No-prize explanation why things that can cut Adamantium can't cut Wolverine's claws, there you go.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there is also a difference in how the adamantium was applied between Logan and Bullseye. Like Bullseye had his bones laced with it where Logan had his entirely coated.

Supposedly they refined the process between when Wolverine got it and when Bullseye got it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was there no new black lightning this week?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

was there no new black lightning this week?

ELECTION

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bah, stupid elections

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Grant Morrison signed a TV deal with Universal Cable and the first thing is an adaptation of The Invisibles, due 2020.
https://www.newsarama.com/42652-grant-morrison-signs-tv-deal-for-invisibles-original-creations-more.html

Guess they were happy with Happy!.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 8, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess the first question is will Morrison play King Mob?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's adapt Moore's Promethea while we're doing impossible things

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Invisibles is such a 90s thing that it's hard to imagine it being on screen in 2018.

On the other hand: timeless conflict, in fact fairly poignant theme if anything, super diverse cast, and the Matrix craze that would have had people cry rip-off is well and truly behind us. Carefully optimistic.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
What did everyone think of Daredevil s3? I really enjoyed it,much better than season 2.

Best bits : Poindexter was great,very entertaining and threatening,his spiral into madness was terrifying and also hilarious (the dead body in the car,holy gently caress haha!)

I like they took certain pieces from the born again storyline (the impostor in the daredevil suit,the taxi in the river)

vincent donofrio as always is loving perfect,as are karen matt and foggy.

thing i wasn't so sure about : so daredevil said right at the beginning that he couldn't see which i assume means he's now just literally a blind dude (with other super senses like touch and hearing and stuff) are we to assume he doesn't have daredevil vison tm?

i wanted poindexter to use guns more but i guess he would have been unstoppable so i sort of understand that

during the big one take fight sequence there was a lot of missed punches lol especially when the inmate in disguise threw the other inmate to the floor and was meant to be punching him,he was nowhere near but i imagine that poo poo's hard as hell to film.

also matt's stunt double was clearly not him and even the back of fisks head wasnt donofrio but these are just nitpicky things.

im glad quiff boy died,gently caress that guy.

also did anyone notice the parker and morales easter egg?

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 8, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I liked how he was just like "ah random neti pot, let's do this thing"

Also, Jeremy Irons will be playing Ozymandias in the HBO Watchmen series

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's definitely a better choice than the dude who was in the movie.

They should adjust it so that Ozy is the Watchmen Earth's Alfred Pennyworth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm about halfway through Luke Cage season 2. Does this season ever stop being very boring?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disney has confirmed that their streaming service will have a Tom Hiddleston Loki series.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gripweed posted:

I'm about halfway through Luke Cage season 2. Does this season ever stop being very boring?

If you're not into it by the half, odds are you won't find it any better later. I thought it was pretty good from start to finish.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm curious about Invisibles being left intact, what premium cable channels does Universal have? I'd be afraid they'd want to make Lord Fanny a woman rather than a transperson.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious about Invisibles being left intact, what premium cable channels does Universal have? I'd be afraid they'd want to make Lord Fanny a woman rather than a transperson.

Syfy, Usa, is Esquire still a thing? They killed G4 for it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Syfy, Usa, is Esquire still a thing? They killed G4 for it.

Esquire is the Paramount Network now.

e: never mind, very wrong, Esquire's just dead

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 9, 2018

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Esquire is the Paramount Network now.

e: never mind, very wrong, Esquire's just dead

The Paramount Network is Spike.

Don't know anything about Invisibles, but both Syfy and USA can be pretty far out there these days. Syfy has Happy and had Blood Drive...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

This season of Supergirl introduced a trans character played by a trans actress who gave a big speech about the poo poo they've seen as a trans person in America and as far as I know nobody has flipped out about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

This season of Supergirl introduced a trans character played by a trans actress who gave a big speech about the poo poo they've seen as a trans person in America and as far as I know nobody has flipped out about it.

Between this and all the blatant satanism on Sabrina, what are the intrusive moralistic busybody church lady bigots of America even doing these days

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Between this and all the blatant satanism on Sabrina, what are the intrusive moralistic busybody church lady bigots of America even doing these days

Mostly dying of old age.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Time was you couldn't even have a baby out of wedlock on TV without the Vice President getting all mad about it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Ironically the actual Church of Satan had more of a public outcry over Sabrina. I mean I'm sure other churches did too but I guess everyone just kind of expects that these days so it wasn't big news.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Ha! That Baphomet statue was so dead on I just assumed they got permission.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zoux posted:

There's too much culture going too fast nowadays for an old fashioned moral panic. People freaked out about gangsta rap in the nineties, but nowadays a musician as popular and controversial as XXXtentacion is dead before anyone over the age of 30 had figured out that was a person's name and not the result of a cat walking over a keyboard.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

Freaking out over the caravan.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh the idea of satanists crying over copyright is very funny to me

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Those people also burned themselves out over Supergirl when they revealed Alex was gay. I remember seeing a bunch of comments on their official page about people not watching anymore because of it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

Tbh the idea of satanists crying over copyright is very funny to me

The Satanic Temple isn't the same thing as the Church of Satan and are a separation of church and state watch dog group not an actual temple and not actual satanists. So it does make a lot of sense they'd be legally minded about this stuff.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Satanic Temple...not actual satanists.

I don't know about that part though, feels like saying Lutheran's aren't Christian because they're not Catholic. Unless you mean they aren't specifically a church because they still perform ceremonies and ritual.

Technically proper Satanists are just Atheists with maybe some magic/Wicca leanings anyway. Nobody literally "worships" the Devil, that's Christian propaganda and just silly.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Satanic Temple was founded specifically to troll the Bush Administration, and is cool.

The Church of Satan is libertarians who wear black lipstick, and are the lamest motherfuckers on the planet

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

No real satanist

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's not lose sight of the ball here: Satan is cool as hell, and we should all worship him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't know about that part though, feels like saying Lutheran's aren't Christian because they're not Catholic. Unless you mean they aren't specifically a church because they still perform ceremonies and ritual.

Technically proper Satanists are just Atheists with maybe some magic/Wicca leanings anyway. Nobody literally "worships" the Devil, that's Christian propaganda and just silly.

excuse me, i make sure to say my hail satans every night before bedtime

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Instead of crossing myself I pentagram myself.

Gripweed posted:

The Satanic Temple was founded specifically to troll the Bush Administration, and is cool.

The Church of Satan is libertarians who wear black lipstick, and are the lamest motherfuckers on the planet

Exactly, the Church is too Randian, the Temple does good work and I think (personally) are better Satanists.
The Church split in two after LaVey died anyway right? I think the one run by his daughter does charity work still.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 9, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think I am just assuming TV Execs are going "What will little old ladies in Topeka think of this?" when ever something radical is suggested.

Though That's great to know that the Transperson on Supergirl is actually played by a Transperson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

twistedmentat posted:

I think I am just assuming TV Execs are going "What will little old ladies in Topeka think of this?" when ever something radical is suggested.

"It's good but will it get them off their tractors?"