Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Thundarr posted:

Apparently, it's a thing that corpses in O10S can steal the Bulwark buff if you walk over them.

Even better, it's a debuff which raise immunity gives you immunity to, so if someone is raised on top of the bulwark it just immediately and permanently disappears. (This happens in the NEST 10S video.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I've been meaning to ask about FF14, as I've been trying to get back into Final Fantasy as of late, and after bouncing off the WOW starter trial edition a couple of times, I thought maybe FF14 might be worth a shot, since it sounds like there's a lot more to do outside of combat.

However, from what I read earlier today, it sounds like the game's future is in question (the director's leaving, and the next DLC was cancelled?)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

However, from what I read earlier today, it sounds like the game's future is in question (the director's leaving, and the next DLC was cancelled?)

That's FF15, the one with the four dudes and a car.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

This is the one with catgirls and magitek armor.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Max Wilco posted:

14 is still going strong with a Fan Festival right around the corner.

Asimo posted:

This is the one with catgirls and magitek armor.

To be fair that's several other Final Fantasies as well. This is the one with a fashion endgame and personal bird buddy.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Brainamp posted:

14 is still going strong with a Fan Festival right around the corner.

they will announce at the opening ceremony that they are shutting down the all servers by the end of the day and the game will be moving to mobile. please look forward to it!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Brainamp posted:

This is the one with a fashion endgame and personal bird buddy.

Final Fantasy IX? :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Max Wilco posted:

You're thinking of FF15. FF14 is still going strong

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Swear to God, the queues for this game shut down entirely at like 11:30 PM. It's really starting to annoy me.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Why am I level 49 in Eureka

I'm a guy, I don't need the silly hair.
The fire goodbye mount isn't bad, but I can live without it.
I think Logos is overly convoluted and dumb
Bunnies take me to my death more often than to good treasure
It's gonna take loving forever to get 400 more Pyros crystals, and then I still have the light phase.

What... What am I doing with my life? I can stop at any time, so why don't I? Help, Yoshida :negative:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Cabbit posted:

Swear to God, the queues for this game shut down entirely at like 11:30 PM. It's really starting to annoy me.

I too, have noticed an extreme amount of difficulty finding Ivalice raid pops, and have similar frustration. It wasn't like this, before. I entirely blame Eureka. By directing people working on relics and poo poo away from the rest of the game's content, and shunting them into their own specialized instance, it robs people sitting in DF of faster queues, or queue pops at all.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SettingSun posted:

Sometimes it's clear why there's a dearth of tanks. Who wants to be chastised like a child?
The director of the game.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Pyros isn't outright terrible.

That's about the most praise I can give it though since filling out the Logos actionsdex is made unnecessarily annoying by top tier logograms seemingly only coming from gold bunny chests. And certain ones being almost impossible to farm after you level past the sprites that drop them (mitigative, fundamental).

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I too, have noticed an extreme amount of difficulty finding Ivalice raid pops, and have similar frustration. It wasn't like this, before. I entirely blame Eureka. By directing people working on relics and poo poo away from the rest of the game's content, and shunting them into their own specialized instance, it robs people sitting in DF of faster queues, or queue pops at all.

The real problem is that the current 24 mans aren't relevant to anything, hence the bad queue times.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

The real problem is that the current 24 mans aren't relevant to anything, hence the bad queue times.

Once the third one drops, 24 mans will probably have a good pop through the end of 4.x.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Free cracked clusters is always relevant, and it is always seems to be on Wonderous Tails as well. I'll just blame eureka for it and call it a day.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Free cracked clusters is always relevant, and it is always seems to be on Wonderous Tails as well. I'll just blame eureka for it and call it a day.

Combat Materia VI's have crashed hard as poo poo. In large part thanks to Eureka. Cracked clusters aren't worth anything anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wish Cracked Crystals were dropped as much as Cracked Clusters.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wish Cracked Crystals were dropped as much as Cracked Clusters.

:same:

But to actually use, I don't even care about selling them.

Telum fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

now that i've gotten MCH up to higher levels (67) and i get to see more of its buttons firsthand, the amount of plates you have to spin to cram everything into a 10 second window is absolutely ridiculous

why do i keep playing this class

mostly just mad i need to keep reapplying gauss barrel when it falls off tbh, that really should be something that's just on at all times

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I entirely blame Eureka. By directing people working on relics and poo poo away from the rest of the game's content, and shunting them into their own specialized instance, it robs people sitting in DF of faster queues, or queue pops at all.

15 min DPS queues for 8 person raids on a wednesday around 9pm is nonsense.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
You know, I was seriously considering raiding again (lapsed after Gordias and never returned),

But then I read last page’s dissertation on the Hello World mechanic

Nah, I think that is far above anything I am capable of, so I guess I’m on baby raids forever

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Baby raids are still quite fun! This is the first time I’ve been current with the endgame, and I loved Alphascape normal.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Also the story is more emotional than I expected from a raid. O12N is a solid fight and it looks/sounds pretty.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Normals are amazing, especially for a bad casual like me

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

MechaX posted:

You know, I was seriously considering raiding again (lapsed after Gordias and never returned),

Nah, I think that is far above anything I am capable of, so I guess I’m on baby raids forever

Mechanics are never as bad as they seem once you see them a few times

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

now that i've gotten MCH up to higher levels (67) and i get to see more of its buttons firsthand, the amount of plates you have to spin to cram everything into a 10 second window is absolutely ridiculous

why do i keep playing this class

mostly just mad i need to keep reapplying gauss barrel when it falls off tbh, that really should be something that's just on at all times

Don't worry! At 70...

... you'll need to completely relearn everything anyway.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

MechaX posted:

Remember it's a dissertation because I'm taking a high-altitude approach to explaining the whole thing, which is helpful but can be overwhelming. When you're actually on the ground in the middle of it, 3/4 of what I wrote doesn't even apply to you. As a tank, I don't need to know everything a healer or dps has to do in HW; all I have to do is look at my debuff bar to see which pattern I got and then take appropriate actions when necessary. It's easy, and recommended, to use the very visible attack animations going out in the phase as triggers for when you need to move as well.

Every fight in this tier is super good and fun to progress through. If you were going to dip your toes into Savage raiding again, this is the tier for it, by far.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Don't worry! At 70...

... you'll need to completely relearn everything anyway.

oh i'm well acquainted with the infographic for 2 and 3 ammo openers, and how the rotation becomes totally rigid and if you gently caress it up it's a dps loss

looking forward to it in some self-flagellating way

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaX posted:

Hello World does look pretty :stare: but Gordias was also a really poo poo tier to compare the rest to. As for raiding now, o11s could be described as "what if Living Liquid was actually fun to fight?"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Kaubocks posted:

oh i'm well acquainted with the infographic for 2 and 3 ammo openers, and how the rotation becomes totally rigid and if you gently caress it up it's a dps loss

looking forward to it in some self-flagellating way

Wait until all your gear has a stat that actively causes your abilities to unsync their cooldowns.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Vargatron posted:

Wait until all your gear has a stat that actively causes your abilities to unsync their cooldowns.

How does that happen, precisely? As far as I can tell this game doesn't have WoW's thing of having certain spell CDs scale with haste stats in order to prop up the value of those stats.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Hello World is still baby peanuts compared to anything Pepsiman did.

This isn't necessarily due to the complexity of the mechanics themselves, but more due to the amount of throughput required while doing the mechanics for on-ilv Pepsiman, and the comparatively worse netcode at the time making things inconsistent in firing off.

If you did Gordias, any 4.x savage should look trivial to you. (And the diagrams make HW more complicated than it actually is. You really can just zoom in on your role, and everything lines up so long as markers are correctly placed.)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

How does that happen, precisely? As far as I can tell this game doesn't have WoW's thing of having certain spell CDs scale with haste stats in order to prop up the value of those stats.

Skill speed speeds up your GCDs, but not your OGCDs. This can lead to desync which fucks up a few jobs like MCH.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

MechaX posted:

Its evil when you take the full scope of it, on a person by person level its not as much to take in.

I'm a tank so the following happens:

As Hello, World casts, i prepare convalescence and divine veil, then passage of arms. As it hits, I break my passage of arms with sprint and then, depending on Red or Blue, the following:
If red, I wait for the scholar to deploy off me, then move to the correct spot and detonate. Then provoke omega and drag him to a preset point. The other tank then takes him back and my part of Hello, World ends in the preset safe spot.
If blue, I provoke omega, drag towards the set spot, run to catch the other tank's explosion while shirking to them, go to my assigned spot, detonate and then my parts over and I run to the preset safe spot.
Then I reprisal the Ion Efflux that Omega ends Hello, World with.

Hello, World 2 has an extra quirk with rot, but nothing much changes outside of making sure I get it if I'm blue and running inside omega's hitbox to explode the rot safely after its past.

Its just... like this or more per player, and everyone has to do the dance perfectly. No room for recovery if you flub it.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 9, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

Skill speed speeds up your GCDs, but not your OGCDs. This can lead to desync which fucks up a few jobs like MCH.

I now have about 2750 SKS on my sam. I may have made a terrible mistake. But I'm still going to ride this train all the way to the station.

But yeah, SKS values that cause things to not line up inside a mch's Wildfire window will just straight gently caress you out of a ton of damage.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Got more where this comes from but: The 1-3-0-4 strategy for Hello, World 1 animated.

Between a text write up, this, and seeing it for yourself it's intimidating but understandable. Promise. And even that is a broad guideline, as a tank I stand more where omega is before error casts and run to C after.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vargatron posted:

:negative:

what gear should i avoid then? i admittedly am not going to take endgame super seriously. at most i will load up mch with tomestone gear from all the runs i normally do on my tanks.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So, I'm really curious about how to make my DPs better. In O9S right now, I met a RDM with worse gear than I (theirs: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1344716/ , mine : https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14683462/ ) and yet they were fully able to keep up with my DPS and surpass it quite a lot during the entire fight. Looking at the entire logs, I am not sure what I could do better or how I could potentially improve. Please help me goons.

xihanalysis;

Theirs:
https://xivanalysis.com/analyse/krWhfpR7LPjJ4xbc/7/13/

Mine:
https://xivanalysis.com/analyse/krWhfpR7LPjJ4xbc/7/11/

From ACC;

Theirs:

Mine:

It should be noted that they had 175 hits according to ACC, while I have 163. There's certainly something more I could be doing.

Edit: It should be noted that I play on NA from EU, so I do experience a lot of latency.

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm glad I'm not the only coward too scared to displace during the majority of the fight.

e: two quick things:
-You have two instances of trying to fit fleche + manafication + corps a corps in between a gcd, which you really don't have to do. corps a corps can be used in between melee combos.
-90% GCD uptime could be pushed higher. I skimmed through the fflogs replay and caught an instance of a cast being interrupted during Earthquake phase - no idea if that's something that happens a lot, but as you get more comfortable with the fight you should be able to premove to places you need to stand next and not have to interrupt casts to execute mechanics. I'm a stupid idiot and xivanalysis called me out for nine major issues in two categories, but I still kept my GCDs rolling.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 9, 2018