Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Let me use my 1080p 5 inch screen's modem to watch poo poo on my 720p 6 inch screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TheScott2K posted:

Let me use my 1080p 5 inch screen's modem to watch poo poo on my 720p 6 inch screen

Yeah I get it if you can post things from the switch to YouTube, that would be cool.

But drat every other screen I own outside of maybe my thermostat is better than the switch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rolo posted:

Yeah I get it if you can post things from the switch to YouTube, that would be cool.

Is that functionality perhaps coming? Maybe the app is like a bridge towards that, eventually?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No, that's what the video record feature already does. The YouTube app is closed to itself.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The only reason I'm kinda happy about the YT app is that the Switch's screen is bigger than my phone's screen, and I sometimes like to watch videos in bed before I go to sleep. So having a bit larger screen works for me.

Will I use it a ton outside that situation? Probably not because I have monitors to watch videos on. But for that specific use I'm happy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I watch gaming content creators and if I feel they deserve money I'll toss something at their patreon seeing how restrictive and generally gently caress awful youtube is to those guys with copywrite claims.

I ad block without a single hint of guilt.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I ad block without a single hint of guilt.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It feels wrong to me that a new Tetris game is a PlayStation exclusive. I've always associated it with Nintendo ever since the original Gameboy. It's a shame because Tetris Effect looks gorgeous.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

iddqd posted:

It feels wrong to me that a new Tetris game is a PlayStation exclusive. I've always associated it with Nintendo ever since the original Gameboy. It's a shame because Tetris Effect looks gorgeous.

If you enjoy video games in any capacity you really should own a PS4 by now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Tetris Effect looks cool but holy God the music is awful

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Don't limit yourself to a single console. Buy all consoles and live a happy life.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Xbox One has the wrong kind of RAM though

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KingSlime posted:

I like my switch well enough but some of the best games ever made are on the PS4.

SoulsBorne
Uncharted
Spider-Man
Dad of War
Horizon

Multiplayer games that actually use 2010 tech like partying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heath posted:

Xbox One has the wrong kind of RAM though

The PS4 Pro has the wrong kind of fans*

*i mean the literal cooling fans although supposedly the newest revision is better

iddqd posted:

The Tetris Company has very weird rules and so each system now can only get like one tetris game per generation. I think puyo-puyo tetris may be the one for swtich.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

They also only allow games that conform to their current ~Tetris guidelines~ so older stuff like Gameboy Tetris will never, ever see a rerelease.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

bowmore posted:

Has anyone got any recommendations for a drum controller for Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun?

Afaik the only way to get the official ones is to order off somewhere like amazon.co.jp or play-asia. The 3rd party HORI controller wasn’t going to be imported either, last I heard. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

They also only allow games that conform to their current ~Tetris guidelines~ so older stuff like Gameboy Tetris will never, ever see a rerelease.

What’s the Tetris guidelines?

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

John Lee posted:

You don't work in education, do you? Because I know a guy who is really excited about it, and it strains credulity that there could be TWO of them.

I don't. He is the same one that bought Reflextions as well, and LOVES it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

What’s the Tetris guidelines?

https://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/Tetris_Guideline

RME
Feb 20, 2012

iddqd posted:

ppt was on the switch like, not that long ago really

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is mario maker ever comin to this fuckin thing what the hell

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Macaluso posted:

So is mario maker ever comin to this fuckin thing what the hell

No.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Puyo Tetris is the best Tetris and the best Puyo, imo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Why you gotta be that way? :negative:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Heath posted:

Puyo Tetris is the best Tetris and the best Puyo, imo

It plays really well, but I do sort of hate the music and the sound effects of the characters. I would like a two player marathon mode too, so my partner and I can just play and she doesn't get mad at me for wrecking her.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barudak posted:

The Tetris Company has very weird rules and so each system now can only get like one tetris game per generation. I think puyo-puyo tetris may be the one for swtich.

But Puyo Puyo Tetris is also on the PS4?

Game Boy Tetris on 3DS over here what's up :cheers:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Guideline Tetris fuckin sucks, the skill ceiling is really really low.

TGM 4 lyfe.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Let me know when I can get a handheld PS4 and not a dumb noisy box that I have to connect to a TV and stay in one place while playing like some loser from the ‘90s.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

Let me know when I can get a handheld PS4 and not a dumb noisy box that I have to connect to a TV and stay in one place while playing like some loser from the ‘90s.

What's that? Weedle is evolving!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Space Fish posted:

But Puyo Puyo Tetris is also on the PS4?

Game Boy Tetris on 3DS over here what's up :cheers:

I believe PPT being on PS4 in physical is why the new Tetris on pS4 is digital only, because yes the Tetris company is that petty

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Weedle posted:

I'd like that very much myself, but in the meantime I don't want to miss out on the awesome exclusives like b l o o d b o r n e!

PS Vita 2 when

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

I believe PPT being on PS4 in physical is why the new Tetris on pS4 is digital only, because yes the Tetris company is that petty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQtxKmgJC8

This video is amazing and shows part of why the Tetris Company is so controlling. A summary is that the guy that created Tetris didn't get paid anything for the game for the first like 25 years it was being sold. Worth the watch :)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Actually a first playthrough of a sick game like bloodborne would lose a lot of its impact on a tiny 5 inch screen. Some games are just meant to be enjoyed on giant glorious displays, even if just once

That game drips atmosphere like no other

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Okay now I'd like to see you explain your way around the ubisoft tetris game on PS4

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Barudak posted:

Tetris Effect - PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DK4T1X1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UAD5BbTFAP27A

???

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The YouTube app is really nice on the TV. Fast, and looks good (this is with a Lan cable)

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So whatever happened to those "special deals" that Online owners were supposed to have? Are there any discounts or is it just a stupid NES controller?
I'd like to get a bunch of smaller games on my Switch, since I use it a lot lately, but right now I'm looking for something addictive, to pass the time at work when nothing is happening. Are there any recommendations? Maybe not even very good games, just something with lots of replayability/levelling, like Hyrule Warriors or XCX2. I own and beat both of those games, but they aren't really for me (the former gameplay-wise, the latter is too anime for me)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I caved and got Diablo, have never played the game before. Is there a good "things to know for noobs article?"

Most of what I find is from the 2012 release and from what I have gathered from this thread, the game is extremely different now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Vookatos posted:

So whatever happened to those "special deals" that Online owners were supposed to have? Are there any discounts or is it just a stupid NES controller?
I'd like to get a bunch of smaller games on my Switch, since I use it a lot lately, but right now I'm looking for something addictive, to pass the time at work when nothing is happening. Are there any recommendations? Maybe not even very good games, just something with lots of replayability/levelling, like Hyrule Warriors or XCX2. I own and beat both of those games, but they aren't really for me (the former gameplay-wise, the latter is too anime for me)

Disagaea and Diablo can both be played for an eternity.