Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ah. Kinda weird that the i1 pilot only has one but the i3 has three, I would think it'd go the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TremorX posted:

Ah. Kinda weird that the i1 pilot only has one but the i3 has three, I would think it'd go the other way around.

i1 Pilot is probably gonna be cheap as hellllll and they want to avoid swarms of like 10

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

TremorX posted:

The trade federation drone is an unrestricted i1, and there's at least two different unique initiative one vultures.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

Palpatine flips to Darth Sidious :getin:

I am the Senate!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Vulture droids have a bizarre dial
1: white turn, red K
2:blue straight, white bank, blue turn, red talon
3: blue straight, white turn, red bank
4: blue straight
5: white straight

That plus the whole park on a rock and rotate thing. Gonna fly like nothing else in the game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

I am the Senate!

New house rule is that you are required to say this when you flip to Sidious.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Devlan Mud posted:

Palpatine flips to Darth Sidious :getin:

Wonder if it is a 2 sided card that flips when a jedi dies.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Why not a 3 sided card with THE SENATE?

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Heck yes Separatist faction looks janky as hell. I'm in for some roger roger action.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

AndyElusive posted:

New house rule is that you are required to say this when you flip to Sidious.

I dunno, every time somebody says 'And for an action, he will......focus' I already wind up saying 'I FEEEEEEL YOAH ANGAH! IT GIVES YOU FOK-US! MAKES YOU STRON-GAH!'

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

I dunno, every time somebody says 'And for an action, he will......focus' I already wind up saying 'I FEEEEEEL YOAH ANGAH! IT GIVES YOU FOK-US! MAKES YOU STRON-GAH!'

Make no mistake, this is the correct way to play.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
the people around here, when playing with or against Boba Fett, always say, "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" and its annoying as gently caress.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

My friend and I sing that silly Boba Fett rap from MC Chris when we put him on the table.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm the guy who calls him Bubba Fatt in a Southern drawl. I'm that guy.

We're all playing with plastic toy space ships in public so there's very few things that can make me look more childish that I or anyone around me could ever do anyway.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
New force card might be cool on some of the lower I generic force ships like Inquisitors and the Aethersprite. Luke and Vader want to keep that sweet, sweet Supernatural Reflexes though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

I'm the guy who calls him Bubba Fatt in a Southern drawl. I'm that guy.

We're all playing with plastic toy space ships in public so there's very few things that can make me look more childish that I or anyone around me could ever do anyway.

poo poo, whenever I walk up to an automatic door, I make it my mission in life to wave my hand at it, with perfect timing, so as to open it with the Force. Sometimes when something's out of my reach, I'll stretch my hand out to it, and look like I'm straining, and if my kids still don't get the hint, I'll start humming Luke's Theme.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

That plus the whole park on a rock and rotate thing. Gonna fly like nothing else in the game.

They fly like the snake game. They mostly only go straight or turn 90° :D

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

You can't link off a red focus anyway, so I'm not sure how there's a question?

I expanded on the question in the follow up post. We're very close to being able to do it and it kinda matters for coordinate as well.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aramoro posted:

I expanded on the question in the follow up post. We're very close to being able to do it and it kinda matters for coordinate as well.

Yeah, I see the question.

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'a red focus and a white focus are the same action but different colours'. But I don't think there's enough rules clarity to be certain.

For definite, if you've done a white action, you can't do the red version later that round, even though they're not the same picture on your action bar.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, I see the question.

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'a red focus and a white focus are the same action but different colours'. But I don't think there's enough rules clarity to be certain.

For definite, if you've done a white action, you can't do the red version later that round, even though they're not the same picture on your action bar.

I think that last line, alone, makes it clear that they're the same action regardless of color.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

ConfusedUs posted:

I think that last line, alone, makes it clear that they're the same action regardless of color.
Kinda important, now that purple actions are going to be a thing as well.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah that's the bit that tips it for me as well, but then they've reused the arc symbol for multiple things. That and the cards that specifically call it an action colour like daredevil.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I'm not sure I see the confusion. An action is an action is an action. If you barrel roll at some point during a round, you cannot barrel roll again during that round, period, end of story. "a ship cannot perform the same action more than once during a single round, or perform an action it has failed this round."

This is why, for example, decloak specifies 'decloaking does not count as executing a maneuver or performing an action, but does count as a move,' lest you not be able to barrel roll after decloaking.

quote:

But it applies to Co-ordinate as well, so say you have Captain Jonus with Squad Leader and someone in a Tie Punisher. Jonus Co-ordinates the Punisher, can the Punisher Reload? So is the Red Reload on Jonus's action bar the same action as the White Reload on the Punisher's action bar.
Jonus has reload on his action bar. A punisher has reload on it's action bar. Therefore, Squad Leader Jonus can coordinate a reload to the punisher. When performing the reload action, the punisher checks the color of 'reload' on his action bar. It's white. No stress is accrued.

Next turn, Squad Leader Jonus coordinates a reload to another tie bomber. The tie bomber check it's action bar. Red reload. Stress is accrued.

Coordinate, step 3: "The chosen ship performs one action." Action: "When a ship is instructued to perform an action, the ship can perform a standard action, which includes actions listed in that ship's action bar, as well as abilities that have the action header on that ship's condition, damage, ship or upgrade cards."

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
If anyone bought some Burger Tokens there is a 3d printer file available to print up a nice tray to hold them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3181773

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
New A-Wing article

Rotate being red only is an interesting choice.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LanceKing2200 posted:

New A-Wing article

With that dial (holy poo poo that dial!), being stressed is functionally meaningless. All basic 2-speed maneuvers are blue. So are the three straights and three banks. Four and five straight. All blue.

And there are 2x i5 aces in the pack. That's good too. I also love the guy who gets actions when he bumps.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Wanna play a swarm of new A-Wings so bad

E: They could have given us some better rockets though

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 12, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

New A-Wing article

But also a linked action off any other action so meh.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

But also a linked action off any other action so meh.

Will not a linked action, why would FFG reuse a rule they had already made?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ship text that says “after any action” like that is far more powerful than linked actions.

Linked only works off the specific printed actions.

The text one lets you do it off any action, like those on damage cards.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ship ability. Whatever. There will almost never be a reason to just rotate arc as opposed to focus/rotate.

Palob being the obvious exception.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConfusedUs posted:

With that dial (holy poo poo that dial!), being stressed is functionally meaningless. All basic 2-speed maneuvers are blue. So are the three straights and three banks. Four and five straight. All blue.

And there are 2x i5 aces in the pack. That's good too. I also love the guy who gets actions when he bumps.

Isn't that dial basically the 1e A-Wing dial plus 3 speed Sloops?

This new ship looks super cool.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Ship ability. Whatever. There will almost never be a reason to just rotate arc as opposed to focus/rotate.

Palob being the obvious exception.

The rotate action isn't on the action bar, it's literally a "after an action" effect. So, the thing you're pointing out as a problem is... not actually something that can happen. You literally can't "just rotate arc". It's not an option.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Some Numbers posted:

Isn't that dial basically the 1e A-Wing dial plus 3 speed Sloops?

This new ship looks super cool.

It's the first ship that has natively blue 3-banks, I believe. You could get them a couple ways in 1e, and I think Nien Numb in 2e. The 2e RZ-1 A-Wing also has the 3-sloops.

You can action > Rotate > Boost with Primed Thrusters, then GTFO the next turn and boost again to set up for a new pass. These things are gonna shoot and scoot real well.

Edit: the Shadowcaster also has 3 bank blues!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It’s basically the Silencer dial from first edition.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

The rotate action isn't on the action bar, it's literally a "after an action" effect. So, the thing you're pointing out as a problem is... not actually something that can happen. You literally can't "just rotate arc". It's not an option.

I wasn't the one pointing out the problem, but it not being on the bar at all is a detail I missed.

ConfusedUs posted:

It’s basically the Silencer dial from first edition.

Yup it mugged the Silencer and stole its stuff, the SIlencer lost the green 3 banks I believe.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Seems to be basically an even more expensive a-wing with a gimmick to me. Gets an extra blue manouver and instead of k-turning it can focus and rotate its guns, but then it's flying away from the fight potentially.

Maybe the tech slot will give it something that makes it worth it but it'll definitely cost more than the regular a-wing and that thing isn't exactly rocking my world at the moment.

Great sculpt and paint job though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The PS5 ace that gets an extra dice may be the only one worth playing, if advanced optics are in the game it's a no-brainer. Clusters + optics would be decent.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why the hell is it Resistance only and where is my boy Tycho. I guess he actually is dead now :sigh: No love for Rebels...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Why the hell is it Resistance only and where is my boy Tycho. I guess he actually is dead now :sigh: No love for Rebels...

Resistance is its own faction now, completely seperate from Rebellion and the RZ-2 was only in Last Jedi.