Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Arist posted:

Wait FIVE acts holy poo poo

If Oda sticks to the traditional structure, that means we can expect the next three acts to be denser and even more action-packed, with a major event in Act 3. Then the final act will be a swift conclusion, which is actually fairly standard for One Piece after a major enemy has been defeated and we witness the fallout.

I am very excited for the rest of Wano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Holy poo poo what a chapter. And setting up all of Wano like a kabuki play is genius.

holy poo poo this owns

if this is going to be five acts then I feel even more confident that Big Mom is going to show up

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Holy poo poo what a chapter. And setting up all of Wano like a kabuki play is genius.

If this was a slow opening acts 2-4 are going to be lightning fast

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, I get that from that description the first act is the longest one, but holy poo poo four more acts of this??? I'm not sure I can take it!!!

This arc is going to be incredible.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Act 2: Prison Break
Act 3: Major Conflict with Kaido, emotional flashback about Oden
Act 4: Big mom appears?
Act 5: Party

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm kind of having trouble dealing with how loving psyched I am for One Piece right now. We've got an absolute metric poo poo ton of characters and stories set in motion years ago, all coming together for the defeat of one of the final major villains of the series, and I'm basically thinking about how badly I want more One Piece right now every second I'm not reading One Piece, and we've got another two years of this and it's getting kind of stressful.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm kind of having trouble dealing with how loving psyched I am for One Piece right now. We've got an absolute metric poo poo ton of characters and stories set in motion years ago, all coming together for the defeat of one of the final major villains of the series, and I'm basically thinking about how badly I want more One Piece right now every second I'm not reading One Piece, and we've got another two years of this and it's getting kind of stressful.

We are close enough to the goal that its getting realistic that we might see some stuff about Roger in this flashback. The flashback for this arc absolutely has to be Oden

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

So does this chapter mean Kaido controls the world's only source of seastone? That seems like kind of a big deal. So much poo poo is going to go off all at once when this arc ends.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
how did the marines get sea stone in such large quantities if Wano is isolationist

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Given the Chapter's title, I would think we've skipped Jo altogether

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Relin posted:

how did the marines get sea stone in such large quantities if Wano is isolationist

I got the feeling they have advanced seastone crafting techniques, not the only source of seastone.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

I got the feeling they have advanced seastone crafting techniques, not the only source of seastone.

iirc, way back in the alabasta arc, i think when the strawhats are stuck in the cage, either crocodile or smoker says that a certain small nation is the only known source of seastone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait Zoro still needs to cut seastone, right? Maybe Wano is where learns how to do it and he becomes a seastone craftsman.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Relin posted:

vegapunk i dunno

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Relin posted:

matthew perry?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Relin posted:

Black Market dealings? The World Government isn't above shady, illegal methods, so maybe they even have some kind of secret deal with Kaido or something.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Relin posted:

I'm hoping it's because Kaido trades to the WG in exchange for them basically letting him do whatever he wants. Because that would mean the WG would absolutely flip their poo poo even more once Kaido goes down and they lose their only source of seastone because now it's Luffy's turf.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

wano owns all the seastone and kaido has every reason to be cocky

but yea it'll blow up in his face soon

Guess this explains where Doffy got all the seastone to build a factory and reinforce a Colosseum.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm hoping it's because Kaido trades to the WG in exchange for them basically letting him do whatever he wants. Because that would mean the WG would absolutely flip their poo poo even more once Kaido goes down and they lose their only source of seastone because now it's Luffy's turf.

i feel like being an immortal dragon has more leverage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So Luffy, Law, and Kid are all there. Kaido and potentially Big Mom are the opposition.

Out with the old, in with the new I say. Prepare the sea stone guillotines.:getin:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

oddium posted:

luffy was taken down from eating a poison fish very recently and sanji’s sister had to save him

It was specified that that was like, the most extremely poisonous of fish, and would instantly kill anyone without Luffy's poison resistance.

Arist posted:

Like, I get that from that description the first act is the longest one, but holy poo poo four more acts of this??? I'm not sure I can take it!!!

This arc is going to be incredible.

Wait, are you expecting this arc to be over in 75 chapters or less? WCI was 78 and that's likely to be shorter than this. I'd expect this to be a 100+ Dressrosa sized monster.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 9, 2018

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

I think it's just for that specific prisoner, I'm a little confused if the fish spitter was kidd or not. If it wasn't kidd, my guess might be the ex warden of impel?

nah, if it were him we'd hear him groaning from diarrhea

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Has any other piece of media been so good for so long?

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Saaaame. I haven't been this addicted to One Piece since Marineford. :kingsley: I'd say I'm even more glued to it than that though because Wano has a LOT more to resolve, and a lot of it is big stuff. And I find Kaido a more interesting Yonkou than Whitebeard, who in his own right was a high-quality character. Also, the Acts thing is unprecedented for One Piece -- cool unique writing. The best way I could describe this arc is Skypiea and Marineford combined but we have to defeat a non-weakened Whitebeard? It's insanity. And remember this is just the intro, most arcs are remembered for their climax sections.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Has any other piece of media been so good for so long?

Like...I'm always so hesitant to talk about One Piece being so good because some part of me resists the idea of anything being this high quality and I feel like it makes me sound like a nerdy fanboy...

But One Piece is insanely good, y'all.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

*rolling around on the floor babbling like a madman.*

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Viridiant posted:

Like...I'm always so hesitant to talk about One Piece being so good because some part of me resists the idea of anything being this high quality and I feel like it makes me sound like a nerdy fanboy...

But One Piece is insanely good, y'all.

its a gesamtkunstwerk to be sure

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
The next chapter's such a wildcard.

Reverie intermission? Orochi focus? Robin/Usopp/Franky/Zoro focus?

Hot take: Act 2 will primarily focus on Orochi, setting him up as the second major nigh undefeatable villain of the arc. A lot more factions will gather, with some skirmishes already happening, to get ready for the war in act 4.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The next chapter with be an intermission showing what Don Krieg has been up to these past two years.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

The next chapter with be an intermission showing what Don Krieg has been up to these past two years.

Now he has spikes that explode if they hit you. :aaa:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Killer from Kidd's crew also hasn't been accounted for, I wonder if he will be the one to break out Kidd/Luffy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We will find out that sadly, Killer is Dead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let it die, imo

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wait until killer has an epic tragic backstory and he's suddenly everyone's favorite character

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

With Luffy’s defeat there are no more heroes.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Arist posted:

Wait FIVE acts holy poo poo

Shakespeare bro

The five act play is a standard default for his performances. I have no doubt Oda will follow suit.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Didn't Oda say he wanted to introduce some super bad rear end from Roger's generation in Wano? I'd bet that's who's spitting fish bones, or else it's one of the retainers Kinemon is looking for.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Raposa posted:

Didn't Oda say he wanted to introduce some super bad rear end from Roger's generation in Wano? I'd bet that's who's spitting fish bones, or else it's one of the retainers Kinemon is looking for.
Probably that guy we saw Crocus have a drink with in the From the Decks of the World cover story.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

It's Dogtooth's brother, Fishbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Parrotine posted:

Shakespeare bro

The five act play is a standard default for his performances. I have no doubt Oda will follow suit.

Oh I'm well aware of the five act play, it just means this is gonna be a long loving arc! I'm excited though!