Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
shermans march to change atlantans minds about slavery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Slugnoid posted:

a heated debate

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Slugnoid posted:

snoremac posted:

a heated debate

Y'know I'm kind of down with this as euphemisms

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah okay the civil war was just a bipartisan conversation, sure thing boss

Lost Cause rears its ugly, Skoal-stained head again :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I mean boogie is somehow even stupider then lost causes, at least they acknowledge a war happened, and people friggin died

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i think they took part of his brain out when he had lap band surgery, he’s getting stupider

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I dont fully understand what a boogie is or why he is famous

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

hes just fat old yankee pewdiepie

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
he’s an enormous (physically) youtube gamer who was very popular 5 years ago for being a 41 year old “pretending” to be a fat entitled gamer

his channel has pretty much stopped growing over the past year but now days he spends his time shooting out hot takes on twitter that annoy everyone including his fans

he’s kinda like h3h3 but much much worse

latent lunatic
Sep 5, 2018

Grand Prize Winner posted:

is there any way a talentless white dude can jump on this idiot gravy train without going fash or having to play videogames

asking for a friend
How do those guys even turn out that way? Broken from birth? Undiagnosed personality disorders or whatever.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

B-Rock452 posted:

He got popular doing comedy sketches of a whiny manchild gamer character, pivoted into being a Gaming Personality as himself, was mostly ok and got some sympathy when people bullied him over his weight, decided to start weighing in on political stuff and now constantly says dumb poo poo trying to be as Both Sides as possible.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Reclines Obesily posted:

he’s an enormous (physically) youtube gamer who was very popular 5 years ago for being a 41 year old “pretending” to be a fat entitled gamer

his channel has pretty much stopped growing over the past year but now days he spends his time shooting out hot takes on twitter that annoy everyone including his fans

he’s kinda like h3h3 but much much worse

watching h3's old ytp-esque vids is so bizarre

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

latent lunatic posted:

How do those guys even turn out that way? Broken from birth? Undiagnosed personality disorders or whatever.

his fans are 11 year olds

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
you don’t get more radically centrist than both siding the holocaust

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Reclines Obesily posted:

you don’t get more radically centrist than both siding the holocaust

was madagascar the perfect place? no, but maybe if the jews had not wanted to die...

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Fluoride Jones posted:

watching h3's old ytp-esque vids is so bizarre

h3h3’s fans got so angry at him recently for doing political commentary and podcasts instead of funny things his twitter and subreddit went to poo poo until he started making them again

some youtubers start to think people give a poo poo about their politics but eventually people want them to shut the gently caress up

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Boogie is actually like an extra step of idiocy above centrists, a centrist apologist, a person apologizing for other people apologizing for racists.

Racist: Black people are inferior and we should forcefully remove them from our country.

Black person: I don't want that

Centrist: WhY cAn'T yOu tWo JuSt gEt AlOng

Galaxy brain boogie: wow how dare people attack the centrists, they just want us to all work together

boogie is basically the uber white moderate, he ate all the others and gained their powers

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

How is Thomas loving Sowell still getting brought up.

Like my literal Econ 101 professor had us read his bullshit, and this was in like 2005. This fucker's entire existence is to be a much-less successful black milton friedman so conservatives can say they know a well mannered negro who LOVES Regan!

The fucker has never written anything of note, all of his ideas are still stuck in 80s reganism.

HOW IS HE STILL A THING

fuuuuuuck

sorry this fucker and that class was responsible for me going through a year long libertarian phase

fuuuuuuck you sowell

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Libertarians and conservatives always quote his Deepak Chopra Galaxy Brain witticisms as argument enders.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmao “If employers could pay little to nothing they could hire more people” - an argument made by someone who has never held a job long enough to understand almost all companies only pay enough to get people to come back, and hire slightly less than they need to get the job done

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scary! posted:

Lmao “If employers could pay little to nothing they could hire more people” - an argument made by someone who has never held a job long enough to understand almost all companies only pay enough to get people to come back, and hire slightly less than they need to get the job done

yep. it's patently ridiculous: for profit employers will pay exactly what the market can bear or what's legally mandated in their in their area to keep their business running. the only time retail businesses shut down because of a minimum wage hike is when the chud owner wants to make a point, and what usually just happens is they fire all their employees, take a month break, and then try to hire them all back at the new minimum wage.

things get a little more murky with nonprofits and charities (the ones that aren't run as slush funds for their board of directors)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1060949215067754501

quote:

At some point during her mom’s illness, she began a relationship with a guy named Josef Viezner — now her fiancé — whom she had met in passing via Toronto private-school circles. They shared a love of guns and a mutual pride in their European heritage. When I was in high school, I had heard about an incident in which Joe and some other kids had been asked to leave their all-boys school in part for their participation in a chat group that glorified the Holocaust and was filled with anti-Semitic slurs. “Joe was one of three people that was asked to leave the school for an anti-Semitic incident,” confirmed Hal Hannaford, the school principal from that time. Multiple former schoolmates confirmed that Joe had a habit of espousing anti-Semitic rhetoric. Adds one former classmate: “I wasn’t really surprised when I heard [Faith’s extremist views], and that’s because I knew Joe.” Through a lawyer, Viezner states that he is not and has never been anti-Semitic. This past February, Faith posted a birthday collage of Joe on Instagram hailing him as “the guy who makes my politics sound leftie.”

Faith’s mother died in 2014. By then, Faith was working as a reporter and commentator on Sun News, then the Fox News of Canada, where she was cast as the “token young person,” who talked about Christian morality and railed against abortion and gay rights. At least at first, people who knew Faith saw her rightward shift as flagrant opportunism, citing how different she was as soon as the cameras came on. “I don’t think Faith has ever been capable of understanding that people have real emotional feelings about social injustice,” said John Downs, who was often cast as the young liberal on Sun News panels opposite Faith. “This is just a game that she really wants to win, no matter what the consequences might be.”

After Sun News closed, Faith moved to the Rebel Media, an outlet more like Breitbart and Infowars — an ugly mix of Islamophobia and anti-immigrant messaging. She quickly became one of the network’s stars, warning the audience of the feminizing dangers of soy and the prospect of “white genocide,” arguing that “diversity might just be code for population replacement.” She spoke of a holy war between Islam and the West and called for a return to the Crusades. In January 2017, a far-right vigilante killed six worshippers at a Mosque in Quebec; at his trial, a document with his search history was produced, showing that in the month before the attack, he mainlined sources like Ben Shapiro, Richard Spencer, and Faith’s Rebel pal (and founder of the violent far-right Proud Boys) Gavin McInnes. Two days after the shooting, Faith promoted an Islamophobic conspiracy suggesting the killer may have actually been a Muslim man.

Faith was fired from the Rebel after she went down to the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville and appeared on the Daily Stormer’s Krypto Report podcast. Openly associating with neo-Nazis was apparently too much for her bosses, no matter that she had been spewing hatred on their dime for years before that. The firing seemed only to incite her further. Faith then made what Jared Holt, a reporter for Right Wing Watch, calls “a Need for Speed drift into the extreme right,” spending the next few months hanging out on white-nationalist podcasts, YouTube channels, and Gavin McInnes’s show, as well as beginning to make her own videos. In these appearances, you can see her martyr complex continuing to grow. With McInnes, she talks about how “getting burned” for exercising her free speech only emboldened her to speak out more. He cheers her on. “You see what I’m screaming folks at home, this isn’t just a journalist, this is a world leader! It doesn’t hurt that she’s an 8.97; you get the best of Melania and Donald!”

quote:

In our interview, Faith showed no accountability for how her rhetoric could lead to violence. I asked why she had gone on the Daily Stormer. “I’m sorry to hear that you were triggered by my appearance there,” she responded robotically, saying that she had been “unfamiliar” with the podcast and that she “[doesn’t] hang out, in the bowels of the internet.” I asked why she had said the 14 words, given that it is known as a neo-Nazi slogan; she said they were “a thought experiment.” When I asked her about her views toward LGBT people — like that participating in a pride parade is “endorsing a sinful lifestyle” — she responded brightly with “I, too, am a sinner,” adding that she has wonderful gay men working on her campaign. I mentioned her remark about alt-right challengers running for office and asked if she considered herself one of them, which she denied. “I am on record as saying, I am in support of the one-state solution [for Israel], and a lot of members of the alt-right don’t like that about me,” she said.

I could feel her appealing strategically to my Jewish identity. She knows how to speak to her audience, how to morph her ideology to fit whoever she needs to convince. “Correct me if I’m wrong, you’re a woman of Jewish heritage,” she said. “When you use the word, Nazi, you, because of your heritage, ought to know better, than to throw it around recklessly.” I pointed out that she had associated with actual neo-Nazis, so I wasn’t really throwing it around, but regardless, if she had “known” what the Daily Stormer was, would she do it again? “I am so fiercely committed to truth and sharing what I experience, what comes of my research, that I will always stand committed to free speech and freedom of association,” she shot back.

The moment we started talking, I realized I wasn’t going to get Faith to level with me in any meaningful way. I was being played. We all were. That’s the thing about Faith, and this new white supremacy rising beneath us. It’s meant to be destabilizing, confounding, uncanny. The new white supremacy doesn’t announce itself plainly; it’s concerned with “optics.” It doesn’t wear a hood or wave a swastika. It portends to be relatable and nonthreatening. It says things it doesn’t mean; it denies those it does. Why was I so surprised when it showed up like this, in the form of my high-school theater co-star, chastising me about my language on a Toronto street corner?

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Nov 9, 2018

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
-

Silver Nitrate has issued a correction as of 04:36 on May 11, 2019

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Silver Nitrate posted:

anyone going to hank yoos trial because this is gonna be extremely strange

he's apparently representing himself, so it's gonna be an amazing train wreck

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That sounds incredible

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Scary! posted:

employers would pay people $0 if they could, and sometimes they get away with doing exactly that

y'see you're paid in "experience" like it's an RPG or something

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Watching her slowly come around to the fact that Goldy doesn't give two shits about words and is nothing but a soulless husk spouting platitudes is kinda fun.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1060978711015628802
https://twitter.com/janetreitman/status/1060981222652997632

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the rub of the matter here that a neo-nazi group rats out 'disloyal' members to antifa doxxing groups as a way of maintaining internal discipline. does that make the the antifa group complicit?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the rub of the matter here that a neo-nazi group rats out 'disloyal' members to antifa doxxing groups as a way of maintaining internal discipline. does that make the the antifa group complicit?

no because 99% of the time it's not internal discipline, but power struggles or petty vendettas, so it weakens them as a whole to know that any one of them could send a couple texts to someone and ruin their opponent's life

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ATintofPurple/status/999863638797242368

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Zeroisanumber posted:

Watching her slowly come around to the fact that Goldy doesn't give two shits about words and is nothing but a soulless husk spouting platitudes is kinda fun.

She's almost there. That reporter just needs a little push and she'll realize violence is the only thing fascists understand.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

no because 99% of the time it's not internal discipline, but power struggles or petty vendettas, so it weakens them as a whole to know that any one of them could send a couple texts to someone and ruin their opponent's life
yeah, i hear that. but still. seems different though if it's the leader doing it to his own subordinates

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

atomwaffen rules because its just a bunch of edgelord dumbasses constantly backstabbing each other while trying to present themselves as spooky scary agents of right-wing nihilism

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yeah, i hear that. but still. seems different though if it's the leader doing it to his own subordinates

they're gonna leak it to somebody, may as well be the opposition for maximum effect

just gotta make sure you aren't being set up and verify poo poo

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

gonna say no if the antifa group isn't aware of it happening

also IMO the doxxing is a double-edged sword for the neo-nazis as it punishes disloyalty but also has the effect of getting antifa to lay off because they don't want to feel complicit

it's a very stupid way to keep people loyal and antifa should not feel complicit and should never lay off because neo-nazis are monsters who deserve to be thrown to the wolves

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also what's to stop someone who gets doxxed by his own group from turning around and telling to antifa about what's going on inside the group in exchange for them not ruining their life?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Is there a good left YouTube video debunking the antifa/fascist equivocation and how it's a deliberate tool for the alt right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also what's to stop someone who gets doxxed by his own group from turning around and telling to antifa about what's going on inside the group in exchange for them not ruining their life?

even nazis aren't dumb enough to realize that they'd take the deal and then ruin their lives anyway