Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Is the Pro Controller a no-brainer? The battery life sounds great, but I never touched the Wii/Wii U equivalents and it's a little pricey. Then again the only other option I'd consider would be something super basic like the Horipad.

it's got that real good battery life and it's also one of the most comfortable controllers I've held. it's pricey but as much so as getting another pair of joycons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CYBEReris posted:

it's got that real good battery life and it's also one of the most comfortable controllers I've held. it's pricey but as much so as getting another pair of joycons.

Yeah the main reason to get a pro controller is that it's sooooo much more comfortable for longer gaming sessions.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah the main reason to get a pro controller is that it's sooooo much more comfortable for longer gaming sessions.

for your most intense gaming sessions

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Over There posted:

for your most intense gaming sessions

WARNING: Does not protect against heated gaming moments

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Is the Pro Controller a no-brainer? The battery life sounds great, but I never touched the Wii/Wii U equivalents and it's a little pricey. Then again the only other option I'd consider would be something super basic like the Horipad.

Absolutely yes. Without a doubt. What are you even waiting for get up and go!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

avocados don't grow here, so i've never seen or eaten guacamole. meanwhile, salsa is available everywhere. it's a poo poo splatfest.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

avocados don't grow here, so i've never seen or eaten guacamole. meanwhile, salsa is available everywhere. it's a poo poo splatfest.

If only there was a way to transport fruits and vegetables places other than where they grow!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RCarr posted:

If only there was a way to transport fruits and vegetables places other than where they grow!

only happens if there's demand. might as well have a splatfest about durian flavored rear end lube.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

only happens if there's demand. might as well have a splatfest about durian flavored rear end lube.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

are those avocados?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hell yeah im down

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I refuse to believe there is even one person that doesn’t demand avocados.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

hell yeah im down

actually yeah now that i think about it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

I refuse to believe there is even one person that doesn’t demand avocados.

I am not allergic and ask they be removed from anything I eat because they ruin the flavor of everything they touch.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

What a filthy lie: the two detached joycons are a true joy because you can just lay your hands any which way wherever and still play

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

too bad nintendo won't let us buy the joycon cords

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Barudak posted:

I am not allergic and ask they be removed from anything I eat because they ruin the flavor of everything they touch.

What do you enjoy eating?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Deceitful Penguin posted:

What a filthy lie: the two detached joycons are a true joy because you can just lay your hands any which way wherever and still play

This is nice but the joycons are way too small to be comfortable long. I have OG XBox controller hands.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

MZ posted:

I have not got surround sound to work correctly on Switch, IIRC it is using some non-standard thing (because Nintendo) so neither my 5.1 system or soundbar managed to play it back correctly.

Edit: strangely my subwoofer is the only channel inactive when playing Splatoon, though it works just fine in the sound test :shrug:

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 9, 2018

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This is nice but the joycons are way too small to be comfortable long. I have OG XBox controller hands.

I do too but I still prefer detached joycons

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Okay, the Pro Controller is only $60 on Amazon right now and I had $14 in credit, so I caved to peer pressure. Thanks!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is there a reliable site for the eShop that will *notify you* of sales, especially of sales for your wishlist? Something like what IsThereAnyDeal does for PC games?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shame Boner posted:

Edit: strangely my subwoofer is the only channel inactive when playing Splatoon, though it works just fine in the sound test :shrug:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/48745/~/surround-sound/comment/6739 seems to have some interesting tidbits

quote:

Updated solution for Sony receivers (as explained on gamefaqs and Reddit):

Change the hdmi settings in the receiver from "tv and amp" to just "amp"

Viola. 5.1 LPCM from switch perfectly working.
Also got the impression you have to go Switch > Receiver > TV as using the optical out on a TV generally will only get 2Ch if it's not in a DRM format, which this isn't.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Guys this Diablo game is pretty fun.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Is there a way to boost an item's level in Diablo? I found a Broken Crown in Act 1, and I can't put it down. It gives an extra gem the same color as what's socketed in it whenever a gem drops in the world. I'm awash in shinies but I've outgrown its stats.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

Is there a reliable site for the eShop that will *notify you* of sales, especially of sales for your wishlist? Something like what IsThereAnyDeal does for PC games?

Not exactly but I find @Wario64 on Twitter to be great for notifying deals. He doesn’t do just Switch stuff though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

Is there a way to boost an item's level in Diablo? I found a Broken Crown in Act 1, and I can't put it down. It gives an extra gem the same color as what's socketed in it whenever a gem drops in the world. I'm awash in shinies but I've outgrown its stats.

Sadly no, but you'll find other legendary items anyways.

If you're in adventure mode talk to thevl yellow ghost (Zoltan) for a quest to get the horadric cube. It lets you extract Legendary item effects.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Waffle! posted:

Nope, but if you hang onto the crown and go get Kanai's Cube out of the unique zone in Act III in Adventure Mode, you can break down the crown to equip the 'passive' the the armor slot of the cube and run around befitting from the effect.

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011

Imagined posted:

Dekudeals.com

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The physical release of Hollow Knight has been cancelled

quote:

We’re regretfully announcing the cancellation of physical copies of Hollow Knight and our partnership with Skybound Games.

As a team of 3 people still in intensive production of Hollow Knight, taking the game into the retail space (even with the extensive assistance of Skybound) proved more work than we could reasonably manage.

In future we will investigate other ways to deliver physical versions of Hollow Knight, though likely that will be in smaller quantities.

We’d like to thank Skybound for the amazing opportunity they provided, and for their professionalism and enthusiasm the whole way.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Spectral Debt posted:

WHERE ARE THE BEST NINTENDO SWITCH BLACK FRIDAY DEALS?!

HI, I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!
It's mostly all $299.99 with a bundled copy of pre-installed Mario Kart. Though Kohls has a deal where it's $329.99 and you get the switch, a carrying case, a headset, and $90 in store or online credit you can use during certain days. Check out the Cheapassgamer spreadsheet for an organized list of consoles and games.,
It's been ages since I've done it, but I think you can set up a deal alert through https://slickdeals.net/ for the keywords "Nintendo Switch" pops up. The best one we've seen this month was a 1-day special for a 20% off coupon on Google express, and that's probably gonna be the best one there is. I personally got a $270 one from Newegg via ebay, where I didn't have to pay shipping or tax.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On a upswing

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think the Diablo 3 campaign is mostly fine (come on, everyone is so cartoonishly evil it's endearing) but man, the Arreat Crater part sucks so bad

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Hmm, I wonder if printing a bunch of copies would have cost them a ton of money up front, even with the assistance of a publisher? I'd imagine they've done pretty well digitally, and going physical is a hard sell for a 15 dollar game. Either you need to charge more for it or be ok with super small margins.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Your Computer posted:

I think the Diablo 3 campaign is mostly fine (come on, everyone is so cartoonishly evil it's endearing) but man, the Arreat Crater part sucks so bad

Yeah, I think a lot of the campaign bitching comes from people who played way back in the beginning when it was the only thing to do in the game. It's worth a playthrough once, then you crack open adventure mode and never go back for your next 200 hours of playtime.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Catalina posted:

HI, I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!
It's mostly all $299.99 with a bundled copy of pre-installed Mario Kart. Though Kohls has a deal where it's $329.99 and you get the switch, a carrying case, a headset, and $90 in store or online credit you can use during certain days. Check out the Cheapassgamer spreadsheet for an organized list of consoles and games.,
It's been ages since I've done it, but I think you can set up a deal alert through https://slickdeals.net/ for the keywords "Nintendo Switch" pops up. The best one we've seen this month was a 1-day special for a 20% off coupon on Google express, and that's probably gonna be the best one there is. I personally got a $270 one from Newegg via ebay, where I didn't have to pay shipping or tax.

Thank you for your response. Do you feel like more bundles will pop up or nah?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I’m loving Diablo’s campaign. I’m in Act V and I love how everyone is like, “Evil is here! All hope is lost,” but my monk just tells them all, repeatedly, that he isn’t afraid of anything, the gods made him for this, expert mode is easy as hell, let’s gently caress poo poo up. Idk how the characterization of other classes are, but the monk is the ultimate badass who seems to find the heavens being at stake almost tedious. I’m eating it up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

I’m loving Diablo’s campaign. I’m in Act V and I love how everyone is like, “Evil is here! All hope is lost,” but my monk just tells them all, repeatedly, that he isn’t afraid of anything, the gods made him for this, expert mode is easy as hell, let’s gently caress poo poo up. Idk how the characterization of other classes are, but the monk is the ultimate badass who seems to find the heavens being at stake almost tedious. I’m eating it up.

The crusader is basically an endless nag session where your mom keeps asking you to finally settle down and find yourself an apprentice.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
But then she kills an enormous number of horrible abominations at once and says “I enjoyed that” and you catch a glimpse of Mom’s wilder side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

female wizard is a perpetual sass engine and it's glorious