Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
yea same,

also coins fallin out on the way down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Hoodwinker posted:

I was waiting for the very end to have TRUCK EQUITY pop up in big letters.

These things can be done.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
No make it so every roll adds a 12 months to the loan repayment

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

No make it so every roll adds a 12 months to the loan repayment

60bps to the interest rate

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

60bps to the interest rate

WHATS A BIP

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

UR A BIP

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002
Really it should be like that BTC Simpsons gif but with horses, boats, and horsetruck equities.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Lol fuckin doctors learn literally anything about finance

MisterMarmite
Feb 4, 2013

Lockback posted:

GWM Galaxy Brain

Can I buy my own mortgage?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9vl9wf/can_i_buy_my_own_mortgage/

I think he thinks he can buy the mortgage for less than the note is worth, which I don't think he can. He can probably buy it for less than the rest of the payments would cost, but in that case unless there's a early-payoff penalty it doesn't make sense.

I think he's just an idiot.

I mean, yes you can, so long as:
- you're willing to pay 5-6 figures in due diligence and legal fees to see the transaction through
- you also want to buy 10m+ in other mortgages of the same tranche to make it worth the lender's time
- the lender has enough current demand that they don't have enough assets to write the new business

In other words, he's an idiot who's never thought properly about the numbers running across his screen.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Maybe he thinks the bank is so hard up for cash that they'll jump for receiving 75% on the dollar?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

These are both great.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

THEY'RE NOT EVEN loving SHAPED DIFFERENTLY

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Hoodwinker posted:

How does someone receiving this even justify it? THEY'RE RECEIVING A PITCH THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE AT THE APEX

lol it's because MLMs know their target audience: stupid greedy people

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Flashback to this guy - " I thought he was doing fine because he told me he sold stocks that were making him a profit and kept the ones that were doing bad,"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:laffo:

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Goddamn that Poe's law

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Hoodwinker posted:

They're literally the same in every respect except where it assumes the reader is in the hierarchy.

Honestly rather than juxtaposing a pyramid scheme like that which is pretty ridiculous and mist be a parody... they should have treated it as a corporate hierarchy juxtaposition with the reader as CEO.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
At least it's honest in that the system is terrible for the vast majority of people.

Kind of like crypto-currency in that it's probably going to suck regardless, but your only hope for success is getting in on the ground floor.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

MisterMarmite posted:

I mean, yes you can, so long as:
- you're willing to pay 5-6 figures in due diligence and legal fees to see the transaction through
- you also want to buy 10m+ in other mortgages of the same tranche to make it worth the lender's time
- the lender has enough current demand that they don't have enough assets to write the new business

In other words, he's an idiot who's never thought properly about the numbers running across his screen.

as I recall the guy in “the queen of Versailles” did that with a bunch of his company’s commercial real estate debt

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Krispy Wafer posted:

At least it's honest in that the system is terrible for the vast majority of people.

Kind of like crypto-currency in that it's probably going to suck regardless, but your only hope for success is getting in on the ground floor.

I dunno man, the ground floor of that pyramid has a couple dozen people in it. I plan to make it big by getting in near the top. :agesilaus:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
From imgur, instead of Reddit:

quote:

It was a hit and run :/ I'm in college and that car was my life. I've been living at home and commuting 45 minutes to school to save money for a ring. I'm devastated. I got a great deal on my car and I'm not gonna find another car like it for the money I'm getting from my insurance company less my deductible. I feel sick. I'm glad I already got the ring because I probably wouldn't get it after today. I've been on the phone with USAA for almost an hour. I just want it to be over so I can order a pizza and cry

Engagement rings seem pretty perpetually BWM.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
We ready for an engagement ring derail?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we didnt get a wedding gangtag :colbert:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Weddings are lame and run counter to the gay agenda, no participation from this fabgoon.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Weddings are lame and run counter to the gay agenda, no participation from this fabgoon.

I thought weddings were very much a part of the gay agenda.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
My income es 60k a year and I have 300k off student loan debt what’s a reasonable monthly payment for a wedding ring? Like 400/mo?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

My income es 60k a year and I have 300k off student loan debt what’s a reasonable monthly payment for a wedding ring? Like 400/mo?

You can't get much for 400/mo. Shoot for 600/mo if you have equity in your home to draw out, otherwise go for 1k a month unsecured.

therobit fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 10, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Are you still in school? Might just want to take some mone student loans if possible.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Are you still in school? Might just want to take some mone student loans if possible.

Let me pay for a love that never dies with a debt that never discharges.

3 months salary is passe. Your love is worth 2 semesters full load with books and fees.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Krispy Wafer posted:

Let me pay for a love that never dies with a debt that never discharges.

3 months salary is passe. Your love is worth 2 semesters full load with books and fees.

Don't forget housing!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
$10,000 is the appropriate amount to spend on an engagement ring if it matters to her.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sure, if you're unemployed.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I only procure small batch artisanal diamonds from passing comets. Everything on earth is just so pedestrian.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Just go on a trip to southern Africa and get some uncut ones straight from a mine for a pretty good discount. Maybe hunt some rhinos while you're at it. Then head to Antwerp or New York to get it cut and set ezpz.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

$10,000 is the appropriate amount to spend on an engagement ring if it matters to her.

The rule says salary, doesn’t matter that we’re effectively commissioned, rule says salary.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

truck equity gang tag is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I have about $9000 in truck equity, should I roll that into a 2019 raptor?