Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to take this up as a thing to do when i should be working instead, any casual goon guilds i can hop in? i barely remember anything about this game and it appears a ton of poo poo is new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rand Ecliptic posted:

https://swgoh.gg/p/333276674/characters/

Nothing to write home about. I zeta'd Veers, but my Imp Troopers are weak, so I'm gonna have to beef them up now to justify the zeta haha

G11 is fine for them while you're building your arena team.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

rabidsquid posted:

i decided to take this up as a thing to do when i should be working instead, any casual goon guilds i can hop in? i barely remember anything about this game and it appears a ton of poo poo is new

Join our discord and come talk with us! You might be able to get into Qgi Goon Jin as well!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Rand Ecliptic posted:

https://swgoh.gg/p/333276674/characters/

Nothing to write home about. I zeta'd Veers, but my Imp Troopers are weak, so I'm gonna have to beef them up now to justify the zeta haha

Other super good zetas you are missing despite having the toons at a viable level to consider them:
Palpatine's lead
Thrawn's unique
BB8 roll with punches
Kylo unmasked's lead

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

fishtobaskets posted:

Kylo unmasked's lead

Thanks; you've given me my next Zeta. Got to gear up FO too.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Moral_Hazard posted:

Thanks; you've given me my next Zeta. Got to gear up FO too.

Just a caveat, that list was specific to Rand Eliptic and who he has starred & geared. While those are all great zetas, there may be even berter options for you depending on your roster.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

fishtobaskets posted:

Other super good zetas you are missing despite having the toons at a viable level to consider them:
Palpatine's lead
Thrawn's unique
BB8 roll with punches
Kylo unmasked's lead

KRU is definitely near the very top of the list of my next Zetas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rand Ecliptic posted:

KRU is definitely near the very top of the list of my next Zetas.

Yea, once I've put the last zeta on CLS, and then put one on Bastila, KRU will be the next one.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, once I've put the last zeta on CLS, and then put one on Bastila, KRU will be the next one.

If I were you I'd jump straight to Bastila's zeta, CLS lead (I assume that's the last one) is OK but zBastila turns jedi teams from laughably poor to a hard counter to sith teams especially ezpz teams and is far more of a team changer than your two higher priorities.

But I've not seen your roster so *'s and gear of relevant teams does come into play.

Someone else might disagree but of the three you list it was Bastila's gave the biggest jump in performance for me. Used to be the only Jedi who got any use was General Kenobi, now I have a team for TW that is guaranteed to murder palpatine Leads.

Then they released revan and welp!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna post the same thing. zzzCLS seemed cool when he first came out but any more ibat is the only one that is still truely top tier. With zetas being the extremely limited resource that they are, and with the prominence of tb/tw game modes, the best approach generally is to focus on team building zetas & those like ibat, number crunch, and ebb & flow that take top tier toons and transform them.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 9, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I was gonna post the same thing. zzzCLS seemed cool when he first came out but any more ibat is the only one that is still truely top tier. With zetas being the extremely limited resource that they are, and with the prominence of tb/tw game modes, the best approach generally is to focus on team building zetas & those like ibat, number crunch, and ebb & flow that take top tier toons and transform them.

Both of his uniques are good, but only IBATs is required.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its his last ability that I havne't Zeta'd yet, and I don't want to bother putting a Zeta on Bastila until I get her to 7*.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Her zeta is all that matters on her. 7 stars just allow you to take her into star restricted pve content.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SgtMongoose posted:

Her zeta is all that matters on her. 7 stars just allow you to take her into star restricted pve content.

Okay then.

What Jedi I worth putting her with? I think my Idea is GK, JKA, GMY and, i dunno, Ashoka?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Okay then.

What Jedi I worth putting her with? I think my Idea is GK, JKA, GMY and, i dunno, Ashoka?

GMY is the must have with her. Past him, you want 1 more attacker--Ezra, JKA, Aayla, random Jedi in that order. Then Hermit Yoda and a tank or 2 tanks (GK and Old Ben) if you don't have HY. GK is the better general purpose tank, OB is the better anti-Sith tank. Ashoka might be worth it if you're running JKA.

75% of your damage is going to come from GMY taking as many turns as possible. Ezra is so good here because he does massive one hit damage with flourish (for Nest) and feeds assists/TM to GMY.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 10, 2018

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the 2 year anniversary gave some good rewards, I look forward to this years. Maybe we'll get 4 clone wars chewie shards

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

SgtMongoose posted:

GMY is the must have with her. Past him, you want 1 more attacker--Ezra, JKA, Aayla, random Jedi in that order. Then Hermit Yoda and a tank or 2 tanks (GK and Old Ben) if you don't have HY. GK is the better general purpose tank, OB is the better anti-Sith tank. Ashoka might be worth it if you're running JKA.

75% of your damage is going to come from GMY taking as many turns as possible. Ezra is so good here because he does massive one hit damage with flourish (for Nest) and feeds assists/TM to GMY.

Is a Bastila Jedi team seriously hampered without Hermit Yoda? I'm so constantly starved for gear I just have a hard time justifying spending rare currency on him (or the Wampa) rather than gear. I have HY at about 65/145.

Along those lines, is Hermit Yoda just as effective at 5* as he is at 7*? I guess I can suck it up and get him to 5 if he's really that great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
HY is fine at 5* for arena. He stays in stealth most of the time anyways.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Is a Bastila Jedi team seriously hampered without Hermit Yoda? I'm so constantly starved for gear I just have a hard time justifying spending rare currency on him (or the Wampa) rather than gear. I have HY at about 65/145.

Along those lines, is Hermit Yoda just as effective at 5* as he is at 7*? I guess I can suck it up and get him to 5 if he's really that great.

He helps a lot, but you can skip him for another jedi, probably.

Bastilla, GMY, Ezra, GK, OB would probably work fine.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

SgtMongoose posted:

This is generally true until you unlock Revan. She counters Nest in that situation with her potency bonus to Jedi.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking about JKA because he's got a ship now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For anybody thinking about ship investments, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by focusing on bossk, cad, ig88. They can work to 7* chewie and their ships are ridiculous even at 3-4 stars

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

For anybody thinking about ship investments, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by focusing on bossk, cad, ig88. They can work to 7* chewie and their ships are ridiculous even at 3-4 stars

Well, Bossk and Cad anyway...

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah IG is made of glass

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
IG isnt ideal for 7*ing chewie but it's possible. I did it. Of the 3 BH I mentioned, he's also the one that has uses outside a BH team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay after a day or two back i realized i have zero chance of ever breaking t1000 in pvp again and made a new account, i need friends who can carry me through stuff i will post my new id code later.

also god waiting for the exp to get my next four and a half levels and unlock galactic war is killing me. i doubt i can finish it immediately but not being able to farm the other two phoenix members is bothering me. i did get 8 pieces of the one in arena points so thats fun. the droid, jedi from cantina and the leader from cantina is a decent enough start for current content for the most part.

aaaaa why do levels take so long :I

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

IG isnt ideal for 7*ing chewie but it's possible. I did it. Of the 3 BH I mentioned, he's also the one that has uses outside a BH team.

Oh, yeah, Instagram 88 is fine for Chewie - I used him.

His ship is trash garbage though is what I meant.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

rabidsquid posted:

okay after a day or two back i realized i have zero chance of ever breaking t1000 in pvp again and made a new account, i need friends who can carry me through stuff i will post my new id code later.

We have a discord channel full of ally codes, my friend.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Oh, yeah, Instagram 88 is fine for Chewie - I used him.

His ship is trash garbage though is what I meant.

Counterpoint: his ship owns, especially with ht & xb

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Counterpoint: his ship owns, especially with ht & xb

Counter counterpoint: nah.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

Counter counterpoint: nah.

I've heard BH fleets destroy bugs, I'm just super far from having a usable bh fleet

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I've heard BH fleets destroy bugs, I'm just super far from having a usable bh fleet

Hounds Tooth and Xanadu Blood destroy bugs.

Instagram is dead weight.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not to keep arguing about it, but I disagree wholeheartedly. I'm running all 3 and I fell to 6th since yesterday. This is with HT at 5* and xb/ig at 4*.

e: I will grant that the trio didnt become viable until I g12ed IG88. Once that ship is tough enough to withstand an opening volley from vader/matt, he just heals to full every round.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 11, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't realize there was a thread for this game. This has been my go to mobile game, and it is painfully difficult. I am level 61 so far and struggling to get through the light/dark side battles.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I said come in! posted:

I didn't realize there was a thread for this game. This has been my go to mobile game, and it is painfully difficult. I am level 61 so far and struggling to get through the light/dark side battles.

Come join our discord! We have memes!

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

MichiganCubbie posted:

Come join our discord! We have memes!

And end game ally codes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind, I am brain damaged and found it.

I am having trouble finding the discord, can someone link it please? :kiddo:

[edit]
Here is my profile by the way https://swgoh.gg/p/377775688/

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 15, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

[edit]

uh... play arena, dude

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Quit now while you still can. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I said come in! posted:

[edit]

Chilichimp posted:

uh... play arena, dude

Yeah, arena is the best way to get crystals, and you need crystals to refresh your energy to help farm. Also, gear is the most important thing for powering up your characters, so focus on that. Is that arena team listed, with Hera as your leader, who you're actually using? I assume not, since she has no gear.

Farm up Phoenix (Hera leader, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb is the best core to start with) because they're a really good starter team that is still useful in end game. They're Rebels, so you can use them in the Palpatine fight, and you need them for the Thrawn event, AND they should help you get higher up in arena. And make sure Hera is your leader, because then all the Phoenix squad shares each other's uniques, which is a huge advantage. I don't remember where you get all of them, but Zeb you can get from Galactic War store, so focus on him there.

I just sent you an ally invite. You can borrow my end game characters for battles if you're having trouble on one.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 15, 2018