Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I think Rumble is always available, so you should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

But I still very much want and need you :h:

Yeah, I'm gonna do it. *checks the remaining steps, gets a little dizzy, then promptly opens browser tabs to different luxuries I want to buy* Anytime I get aggro on the way I'm gonna treat myself, calm my tits, and push forward.

Really hope IB bounties will count toward the bounties step! And that Rumble is available when I need it to be!

Oh man, just to make sure you don't screw yourself over here, start collecting, completing, and holding (don't turn in!!!!) the daily crucible bounties. You need 20, so if you get to that step 4 days before the season ends, you won't be able to complete it.

I turned in 17 at once when I got to that step and was able to get the final 3 the next day.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

It’s a very good pvp roll. You can get better, but it’s easily accessible and has a lot going for it. I have 1000+ kills with mine and it never lets me down.

I have an Accu, Opening Shot, MW Range trust that never leaves my side. Final perk is a huge bummer, zen, but between such is life. Those first 3 make it a nail driver

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have an Accu, Opening Shot, MW Range trust that never leaves my side. Final perk is a huge bummer, zen, but between such is life. Those first 3 make it a nail driver

Zen moment's not fantastic but it's really nice.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

Zen moment's not fantastic but it's really nice.

It doesn’t really do poo poo on a trust

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
zen stacks drop after about 1 second

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

insanely good that we get another double infamy weekend, gonna roll gambit over for the 3rd time and get.....a ghost :negative:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Maker Of Shoes posted:

zen stacks drop after about 1 second

oh, lol that's incredibly lovely

all hail outlaw/kill clip

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Trust doesn’t need it anyway. It barely moves when you fire.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
lmao played a Gambit match last night and dropped 18 kills in two rounds. QBB is stupid and gross and I love it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Is the malfeasance quest Corrupted Strike at LL 580 feasible to do solo, or do I have to con someone into running it with me?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh man, just to make sure you don't screw yourself over here, start collecting, completing, and holding (don't turn in!!!!) the daily crucible bounties. You need 20, so if you get to that step 4 days before the season ends, you won't be able to complete it.

I turned in 17 at once when I got to that step and was able to get the final 3 the next day.

Thought they said in the twab that quest progress isnt resetting, you won't have to pick up a new quest. ut since the season is resetting if you're on a step that requires reaching x rank in the season then progress towards that step will reset

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

Thought they said in the twab that quest progress isnt resetting, you won't have to pick up a new quest. ut since the season is resetting if you're on a step that requires reaching x rank in the season then progress towards that step will reset

If he resets valor 5 times this season and doesn't complete the 20 bounty step, he'll have to do 5 resets next season.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Listerine posted:

Is the malfeasance quest Corrupted Strike at LL 580 feasible to do solo, or do I have to con someone into running it with me?

You want people to run it with. Use the LFG function in the Destiny app, plenty of people running it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If he resets valor 5 times this season and doesn't complete the 20 bounty step, he'll have to do 5 resets next season.

If the bounty locks in the 5 reset objective and ticks over to displaying the next objective, he should be fine. You only lose progress if you're at say 4.5 resets and the box remains unchecked when the season ends.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Listerine posted:

I poked my head into it solo last night, thought maybe it might be possible if you cheesed it/took it slow, since the standard strike isn't so bad. Nope, just too much powerful stuff spawning at once, I don't think it's worth trying again without a group.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

If the bounty locks in the 5 reset objective and ticks over to displaying the next objective, he should be fine. You only lose progress if you're at say 4.5 resets and the box remains unchecked when the season ends.

The 5 resets step is the last part of the quest, so locking it in means you've finished anyway.

edit: also what chris and qbert say below, re: step ordering

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 9, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Step 7: • Complete 20 Crucible Bounties

Step 8: • Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

If you don't complete step 7, you won't able to work on step 8. See what I mean? If he's on Step 7 on November 27th, he'll need to do 5 valor resets when he makes it to Step 8.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

haveblue posted:

The 20 bounty step is before the 5 reset step. So even if he hits 5 resets, if he hasn't completed the 20 bounty step before the season ends, he'll have to do 5 resets again.

Anyone still trying to get Broadsword this season should strongly consider holding on to their Crucible bounties now and saving up for that step.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

qbert posted:

The 20 bounty step is before the 5 reset step. So even if he hits 5 resets, if he hasn't completed the 20 bounty step before the season ends, he'll have to do 5 resets again.

Anyone still trying to get Broadsword this season should strongly consider holding on to their Crucible bounties now and saving up for that step.

I was just digging through the TWAB and I saw something that gave me pause, though.

While questlines for Luna’s Howl and Not Forgotten are available year-round, Crucible ranks will reset at the end of Season 4. Each quest contains a quest step to reach a rank milestone, and progress may be lost for these specific steps if you do not reach the requirements prior to the season ending. Progress for alternate quest steps will not be reset. If you’re in the middle of getting precision kills or completing Rumble matches, you will not lose any progress in those steps.

I've seen some drat wise men look downright foolish trying to interpret bungie explanations, but this sure sounds to me like their intent is to let you do 5 resets in one season and claim the reward in a future one. Find out and let us know!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

I think Rumble is always available, so you should be good.

:kiss:

Started the night at 61% precision kills and am right now at 87%. Provided the Valor bonus is real, I should be a-ok to finish up this season.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Much love!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm at 598 light level still not a single non guaranteed exotic

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

deadwing posted:

You want people to run it with. Use the LFG function in the Destiny app, plenty of people running it

Can it be done with 2 or does it need a full fireteam?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I'm at 598 light level still not a single non guaranteed exotic

https://i.imgur.com/vsY20PU.gifv

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Listerine posted:

Can it be done with 2 or does it need a full fireteam?

I ran it solo up until the final boss and then had to get a buddy

the elevator bit was a bitch solo, and the ogres were tedious (just stayed back and plinked with a bow/sniper) but the rest wasn't too bad.

I think if you were able to melt the boss you could do it solo but otherwise it gets to be too much. Two people we were able to melting point + blade barrage + ikelos him to death quite quickly and didn't have to deal with the ads.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
You can two man it pretty easily just by making sure adds are killed priority first and by splitting the boss aggro

Finished up 150 solar kills and my rumble matches tonight. I'll plow through the precision hc kills tomorrow I think. Rolling stack makes this go by fast

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I tried a bit to do the well last night, but there weren't enough people around to carry me too much, and I'm light level 520 so it got pretty painful. The group there completed a level 2 and then got stomped trying to do a level 3, but no seed dropped. I have to do 2 more crucible matches for the weekly, but am mostly out of easy opportunities for powerful gear for the week on my lock.

So I moved on and worked on my hunter a bit. I did learn that it's possible to up your light level to the point where you can no longer use any drops while leveling in the 40s. I mailed my Hunter 3 level 505ish legendary weapons and a piece of exotic armor from Xur when I was level 42, and then couldn't use any of my blue drops for like 6 levels. Anyway I'm at 500 now on him. I assume there is still a benefit to mailing weapons and stuff back and forth to up my light level as much as possible before getting the powerful gear rewards on this guy as well, right?

I really want the iron banner armor (particularly the hunter set), but we'll see how painful it is to do in the low 500s. In destiny 1 it kind of sucked being lower light to start with, but while grinding it out you managed to get some consistent light level increases until you weren't just a free kill. It doesn't seem like that will work now since most drops / rewards are always under level.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You can two man it pretty easily just by making sure adds are killed priority first and by splitting the boss aggro

Finished up 150 solar kills and my rumble matches tonight. I'll plow through the precision hc kills tomorrow I think. Rolling stack makes this go by fast

I started on solar kills yesterday and played way too much, mostly solo, and knocked out all the quests. Now I just need to go from 1540 to 2040 glory. I feel like this dumb gun is within my reach.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Finished up 150 solar kills and my rumble matches tonight. I'll plow through the precision hc kills tomorrow I think. Rolling stack Anything other than countdown makes this go by fast

I think my time spent on that quest was half solo/half squaded up. I think I got pretty lucky matching up with decent pubs. Start to finish I got it done in a few weeks but that really equates to 5 or 6 solid grind sessions.
(edit: and a lot of kills wasted playing with chaperone because drat I have fallen in love with that gun during this grind)

Redrix took way longer. And that gun sucks

el B fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 10, 2018

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Is there anyway to hear fireteam chat without a Ps4 headset? I haven't got one yet, but the game gives me the option to open fireteam channel when I have teammates. I just can't actually hear anyone say anything, I'm assuming because I don't have a headset of my own to communicate with, so the game just blocks it out completely?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Fire team chat is entirely opt in on a per member basis so...get this...no one uses it, ever

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Fire team chat is entirely opt in on a per member basis so...get this...no one uses it, ever

Ok, well do people use it for PvP? I also see the option to use, I guess it's called team chat I think in crucible matches.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dennis McClaren posted:

Ok, well do people use it for PvP? I also see the option to use, I guess it's called team chat I think in crucible matches.

No one uses it, ever lol

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Well that's good news I don't have to invest in a headset then.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No one uses it, ever lol

Sometimes people accidentally opt into it while trying to switch the spectator camera while they’re dead

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Man opt-in voice chat is lame..."

*Hitl3rWuzR1T3_420 has entered the fireteam channel*

"Oh nm"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does warlock armor with resilience just not exist? Every single piece I have is restorative or mobility

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

actionjackson posted:

Does warlock armor with resilience just not exist? Every single piece I have is restorative or mobility
Y1 armor yes, but I haven't seen Y2 armor with it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Resilience is a trap stat