Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

JBP posted:

Lol so that's why mine mysteriously stopped working and it told me to to start a new account but you can't start a new account you already have an account click here to log into your account but this account is locked please make a new account
When I remade one just now I didn't have this issue at least.

lol looking at my old Centrelink account and the only information in "My Finances" is "You do not currently owe any money". No payment history, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Don Dongington posted:

I can't wait til, in true NSW fashion, he bases his campaign on being tougher on crime and immigration than Daniel Andrews.

https://twitter.com/Raf_Epstein/status/1061086037508669441

Didn't even wait a full day.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
loving gross.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Wow what a brave statement, that Guy'll never accept violent extremism is a part of contemporary Australia. What vision. Who else would dare take a stand like that? Certainly not Dan "actually terrorism is pretty good and we should have more of it" Andrews.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Knobb Manwich posted:

Wow what a brave statement, that Guy'll never accept violent extremism is a part of contemporary Australia. What vision. Who else would dare take a stand like that? Certainly not Dan "actually terrorism is pretty good and we should have more of it" Andrews.

When you admit 'we can never be immune from the threat of terror' in the same statement, your commitment to never accept terrorism is really just 'we will be more angry than our opponents when terror attacks happen'.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Remember when it was a thing in movies to show Los Angeles turning into a warzone in the near future? If only we could have predicted the issue was not gangs but actually angry white guys.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I just got a letter recently from the DHS saying I owed $4000 to centrelink from 5 years ago. I was on newstart at the start of that year for a short while before finding work.

Called em up about it and over the next couple of days, 10 calls and uploading every bit of info I had from 2013 I managed to figure out what had happened.

The ATO had handed over my payment summaries from various employers for the year but they are apparently not legally obligated to put the actual dates you worked on the summaries. So each of my employers has it listed as me working the entire year which includes the period I was on newstart.

So I've given over bank statements and every payslip from 5 years ago I could find and I've been told I'm in queue for a reassessment and that my "debt" has been put on hold. My debt is only on hold for three months however and they may not reassess me in this period so I need to call them back in February to tell them that they havnt yet assessed my debt otherwise they'll try to get it out of me again.

I questioned why they just wouldn't freeze it until the reassessment happened and the operator has no good reasons.

I'm studying next year and need to sign up for ausstudy and this has drained away all my capacity for putting up with centrelink bullshit before I've even started the application.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Abongination posted:

I just got a letter recently from the DHS saying I owed $4000 to centrelink from 5 years ago. I was on newstart at the start of that year for a short while before finding work.

Called em up about it and over the next couple of days, 10 calls and uploading every bit of info I had from 2013 I managed to figure out what had happened.

The ATO had handed over my payment summaries from various employers for the year but they are apparently not legally obligated to put the actual dates you worked on the summaries. So each of my employers has it listed as me working the entire year which includes the period I was on newstart.

So I've given over bank statements and every payslip from 5 years ago I could find and I've been told I'm in queue for a reassessment and that my "debt" has been put on hold. My debt is only on hold for three months however and they may not reassess me in this period so I need to call them back in February to tell them that they havnt yet assessed my debt otherwise they'll try to get it out of me again.

I questioned why they just wouldn't freeze it until the reassessment happened and the operator has no good reasons.

I'm studying next year and need to sign up for ausstudy and this has drained away all my capacity for putting up with centrelink bullshit before I've even started the application.
that's hosed

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yeah payment summaries are just "we paid you this much of this type of payment for this year and withheld this much tax". That centrelink and the ATO even bothered to hook up their clearly differing systems for audits is loving amazing, and someone obviously thought, "eh gently caress it, if we catch one evader it's worth making five more people want to die".

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Abongination posted:

this wouldn't happen to a boomer

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Abongination posted:

Uggghhhhhh I had this exact same poo poo happen to me. I was fortunate enough to have made and emailed myself the letter of offer with the date I started work on it.

I hope it works out for you mate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there is no way you don't challenge that debt, they can't prove it

can they really expect you to have all your info from 5 years ago also?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Abongination posted:

Sometimes the the debt isn't put on hold either. My sister is dealing with the exact same bullshit, except the next call after centerlink said they put her debt on hold was from a debt collector.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Muslims have special responsibility to call out this attack, cheers scummo

But god forbid anyone ask about what men are doing to help stop women being killed and assaulted by their partners

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
News Corp has just launched https://kayosports.com.au/

They basically have all of the popular sports locked in for live streaming every game. Thanks LNP.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

They basically have all of the popular sports locked in for live streaming every game. Thanks LNP.

no hockey, no subscription

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

joe is not a sport, no matter how much sport we make of him.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Two years back I signed up for a Low Income Health Care Card. A few weeks after, they send me a letter saying I was declined because I make too much money, despite being thousands under the threshold. I call up, they say that it does sound odd, and they have to pass it up to the team that fixes these things.

Nothing for six months.

Then, because I had given them my payslips to apply for the card thing, they hit my wife with a $2000+ debt during the first christmas of robodebt2000, all because the computer can't tell what "year to date total" means and decided I was getting all the pay i'd earned for the year every week. So not only was this the mistake that cost me having the LIHCC, but them refusing to fix it was now costing us weekly repayments that they "had to turn on while we fix the debt you're clearly not supposed to have" for about a month.

So yeah, gently caress having to deal with Centrelink under the last few ministers.

Still no health care card either, come to think of it.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
On YouTube I got an ad from the United Australia Party saying that Melbourne and Sydney are stealing from WA.

I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face when your party is literally the United Australia party.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

Ugh gently caress I didn't realise it was newscorp. Guess I'll just take one of the many extra logins that will be floating around.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

froglet posted:

I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face when your party is literally the United Australia party.

United in serving Palmer's ego and financial interests.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I submitted a new medical cert. yesterday and they called me back within the hour to tell me that my haematologist had hosed up filling in their incomprehensible form, rather than the two plus weeks of radio silence I'm used to.

Pro...gress?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

froglet posted:

On YouTube I got an ad from the United Australia Party saying that Melbourne and Sydney are stealing from WA.

Their ads are on TV all the time up here, Clive really wants to be trump, even has a legal case to his name, just instead of woman its dodging fault over a huge factory collapse and drama

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

froglet posted:

Also funny because what do you think WA has been doing for the last 100 years before the mining boom?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Also funny because what do you think WA has been doing for the last 100 years before the mining boom?

given it's basically over I think it's a great time for WA to secede, personally

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

given it's basically over I think it's a great time for WA to secede, personally

Can they take Queensland as well?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Can they take Queensland as well?

Please, QLD and NSW to secede for the general betterment of all the rest of us.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
GET FAAAAARKED

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
dick head

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

lmao why not import thoughts & prayers from the US conservative nutters after importing everything else last month

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:whitewater:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Morrison has to be the fakest PM we've ever had.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Morrison is so shallow that he is transparent.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
drat, that's thoughts and prayers from the gunman

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Morrison is so shallow that he is transparent.

Scott Morrison is the area around a wet floor sign.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Starshark posted:

Morrison has to be the fakest PM we've ever had.
Abbott was just as bad but his reptilian demeanour always revealed the cold truth.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/wa-libs-clamp-on-send-ups-ng-b881015538z

quote:

WA Libs put five-year ban on party criticism

The WA Liberal Party is asking children to sign extraordinary “talent release” forms that seek to ban people from criticising or satirising the party in public, or in private, for five years.

The forms, which it is understood were handed out by a Federal Liberal MP’s staff to several children before a recent community event, also effectively seek to ban signatories from associating with other political parties.

Forms obtained by The Weekend West warn the “talent” that on signing the papers they agree they shall not for five years “in public or in private, disparage the Liberal Party of Australia, satirise the talent’s association with the Liberal Party” or otherwise make “any statement which might reasonably be expected to adversely affect the image” of the Liberals.

The forms demand that on signing, the person agree never to allow their image to be used by another major political party — complicating any association with an MP who is not a Liberal.

“The talent agrees ... that the talent shall not from five years from the date of this agreement appear or feature in any other advertising or promotional material relating to Australian political party or association other than the Liberal Party,” the form says. The form is authorised by WA Liberal State director Sam Calabrese.

All political parties use image release forms for public events, where members of the public are sometimes asked to give consent for their image to be used in party campaign material such as mail-outs or advertisements.

But consent forms used by other parties typically ask signatories to simply agree to the release of their image and do not attempt to impose restrictions over expressing their views.

Figures from other parties said it was unheard of to try to prevent someone from expressing political views “in private”.

Mr Calabrese stood by the wording of the forms, saying it showed how seriously the party took the issue of the use of personal imagery.

“The forms are designed for parents/guardians to sign on behalf of minors and signing is, of course, optional,” he said.

Perth lawyer Tom Percy questioned whether the agreements were enforceable.

bold it all.

satire is dead

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

That's definitely not real, buddy

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1061215604957315073

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
good work scott

maybe he can swing by victoria and give daniel a boost too?