Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

xzzy posted:

Are you sure the person asking the question isn't their dummy account getting used to trigger an excuse to brag about their equipment lineup?

It’s a really small group in the UK and I can tell from looking at his profile he’s 100% legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Saw this guy spamming some of the groups I'm in, advertising/looking for more models. The photos themselves, "in context," aren't the worst in terms of technical skill, but holy poo poo everything else is just 100% creeper alert. Every alarm goes off, and I'm filled with cringe. Maybe he's a stand-up guy, but all I can think of is Terry Richardson and people like him.

Warning some NSFW stuff, even though it's Instagram censored: https://instagram.com/777.studioscanada/

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

ianskate posted:

Saw this guy spamming some of the groups I'm in, advertising/looking for more models. The photos themselves, "in context," aren't the worst in terms of technical skill, but holy poo poo everything else is just 100% creeper alert. Every alarm goes off, and I'm filled with cringe. Maybe he's a stand-up guy, but all I can think of is Terry Richardson and people like him.

Warning some NSFW stuff, even though it's Instagram censored: https://instagram.com/777.studioscanada/

quote:

My raw shots go (I say farewell to them) & weave a story. I review pizzas on YouTube (PizzaExpert) & catch child predators online- CreeperHunterTV.com

:stare:

:nws: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoYOqOuHDG0/ :cumpolice:

Probably a serial killer:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoYOM1InsaQ/

Wow, good at both convincing women to do nude and/or fetish modeling shoots and catching pedos? This guy really is good at luring people in.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

pseudorandom posted:

Probably a serial killer:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoYOM1InsaQ/

Wow, good at both convincing women to do nude and/or fetish modeling shoots and catching pedos? This guy really is good at luring people in.

It takes one to know one, I guess... so he knows who to call out when he sees it. I'm actually concerned that he might be worth reporting, but no clue what Canadian laws are like.

He creates fake profiles of underaged girls and thinks it's creepy when people send them dick pics? I mean sure, yeah it is, but you're also a creep for doing it. Don't think two wrongs make a right... leave that to lawn enforcement.

ianskate fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 29, 2018

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

There are a number of vigilante "to catch a predator" types in canada that call themselves creep catchers. not sure why this guy is doing it, doesn't seem to want to report the offenders. says he creates the profiles "because it's an escape"???

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

polyester concept posted:

There are a number of vigilante "to catch a predator" types in canada that call themselves creep catchers. not sure why this guy is doing it, doesn't seem to want to report the offenders. says he creates the profiles "because it's an escape"???

Interesting! I suppose that sort of thing makes sense in the northern areas where there are less people, not too many ways to prevent deviant behavior from popping up, so it's vigilante justice. Anyhow, his Instagram journey is terrifying when combined with what he does "for a living," aside from reviewing pizzas, which as a Canadian, his options must be limited somewhat.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
#impliednude
(draws big rectangle over half the image).

You keep using that word, I'm not sure that it means what you think it does.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Don't be a knob. *Shoots pictures of doorknobs with out of focus model in the background*

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Anyone interested in some old enlarging paper? Here's a photo of the packages. Not sure how fresh it is so selling as is.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Must admit that took me a moment.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
That's why I always ask if I can open up the packages to inspect the paper before buying anything.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/9tw802/is_it_bad_to_turn_vibrance_all_the_way_up_in/

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
If even your mom says your pictures look fake then something is definitely off.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

:discourse:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm the ghost.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Hmm...

I’m the car grill on the wall.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm the willing to look up a technique on google but lacking the dedication to do it well.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

I'm the willing to look up a technique on google but lacking the dedication to do it well.

Don’t copy my style bro

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

President Donald J. Trump Arrives at Joint Base Andrews by The White House, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:chloe:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

What the actual gently caress, how have they gotten even worse. What can we expect by the end of his presidency? Is the photographer actually an AI taking random photos trying to learn how build an algorithm to shoot like the average person with a cell phone?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Photographer probably just trying to keep their distance and avoid getting Acosta'd.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The DOF in that picture looks weird to me, is it a fake phone pic?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

It’s the reality distortion field that potus emanates.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
There are so many terrible photos on that Flickr account. Hard to imagine they’re worse than shots I take. Crazy.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Thom12255 posted:

The DOF in that picture looks weird to me, is it a fake phone pic?

Now that I'm looking at it, is that door in the foreground fake? The opening is obviously much lower than the opened door in the background.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

pseudorandom posted:

Now that I'm looking at it, is that door in the foreground fake? The opening is obviously much lower than the opened door in the background.

I think it’s smaller cause it’s the emergency door over the wing

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

aricoarena posted:

I think it’s smaller cause it’s the emergency door over the wing

:doh:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I love how all the perspective lines lead you right into the loving edge of the photo.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

KinkyJohn posted:

I love how all the perspective lines lead you right into the loving edge of the photo.

The perspective lines are leading exactly where the viewer wants to look in this image though, which is away from this image somewhere else.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

KinkyJohn posted:

Those tiny helicopters were the real subject, the plane is just an OOF framing trick. Totally intentional, isn't it obvious? True fine art :discourse:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

poo poo. I feel so stupid now. We must never speak of this. Mods, please delete all posts having to do with the actually brilliant air force one picture. poo poo.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
It’s okay there are several back of head photos to redeem it.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

KinkyJohn posted:

You are looking at it wrong. This is how the image should be viewed.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I like to imagine that Shealah Craighead (the White House photog who seems to take most of the bad shots that get shared) just hates being a photographer for POTUS DJT and always goes for the lowest effort compositions as a passive protest.

But recently the WH page has had more stuff by Andrea Hanks, who seems to try just ever so slightly harder...although she was the one who took the pictures of Melania in Giza, so still a mixed bag.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So does anyone know why they have such bad photographers? Are they long time Trump favorites or tied to him in some way, or has somehow no one noticed how poo poo the photos are? I would think (and genuinely hope) that anyone could see the quality difference between what White House photographers have accomplished in the past and what is coming out now. I mean the most recent one, Pete Souza did great work and you could take the worst of his output next to the “best” of what is currently being taken and easily spot the difference.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
'Trump administration routinely hires people who are bad at their jobs' is a perennial headline for pretty much anything. As I understand it, the official photographers don't get any special access or any way to cut around the crowds, they are corralled off with the rest of the entourage and have to find whatever angles they can from the main crowd. Trump relies more on random staffers with phones to document the daily business of his administration instead.

That's why you had those terrible photos of Melania's Christmas decorations last year, they were just iPhone snaps from her spokeswoman.

ianskate posted:

Those tiny helicopters were the real subject, the plane is just an OOF framing trick. Totally intentional, isn't it obvious? True fine art :discourse:

I don't know if you were being serious here, but this is actually true. The caption says "Marine One with President Donald J. Trump aboard approaches for a landing at Joint Base Andrews, Md. Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, for President Trump’s Air Force One flight to Columbia, Mo. (Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead)"

So yes, those tiny helicopters were actually the subject and the huge, blurry aircraft taking up 80% of the frame is just there for 'context'.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

rio posted:

So does anyone know why they have such bad photographers? Are they long time Trump favorites or tied to him in some way, or has somehow no one noticed how poo poo the photos are? I would think (and genuinely hope) that anyone could see the quality difference between what White House photographers have accomplished in the past and what is coming out now. I mean the most recent one, Pete Souza did great work and you could take the worst of his output next to the “best” of what is currently being taken and easily spot the difference.

White House photographer is a 4/8 year gig at most unless you're Pete Souza, and while it is normally quite a feather in one's cap, I don't think the photographers of Pete Souza's caliber in the world were exactly lining up to have "collaborator for the Trump regime" stamped on their resumes for the rest of their life.

Also as noted Trump limits access for the official photographer much more than previous presidents, and she's also probably smart enough to realize that Trump's orange skin is thin enough that anything that's not a bland mediocre photo - a photo that could possibly be perceived as casting him in a negative light - would get her instantly shitcanned. Luckily for her she seems to have the bland mediocre photography part down pat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I get your point, but would you rather be known as 'that poo poo photographer who worked for a nazi' or 'that great photographer who worked for a nazi?