Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Yusuke blackmailing Ann was a really awful decision, and doesn't fit at all with how he acts anywhere else in the game, or even the tone of the immediate next scene of him. Ann showing up wearing 2 dozen shirts, and Yusuke barely reacting to it aside becoming flustered every time she removes a single layer is a pretty good gag and decently establishes him as someone that fits in with the rest of our party of dumbasses IMO.

It could've been massively improved with just the simple removal of "I'm calling the police unless you strip" and instead he just kicked Ryuji and Joker out of his house, but also left the modelling offer open for Ann to exploit of her own volition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I do feel that Yusuke was written as asexual, or at least close enough to it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Clarste posted:

I do feel that Yusuke was written as asexual, or at least close enough to it.

Strong disagree.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

more like he's great in principle, in that he's probably the most moralistic of the PT (i said before the group literally wouldn't exist without him, because his raging against the machine gave them the initial push of momentum they needed) and clearly has trouble balancing out his desire to do good with his desire for fame and validation after Kamoshida stomped his life into the mud.

Ryuji seems to have the biggest divide between 'main story' and 'social link.' In fact everybody I know who likes the guy cites his link instead of anything else in the story.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I feel like the games would be served best if like your Mascot Buddy and the team as a whole in P3 that your party's S. Link is linked to story progression - less free days as the links are mandatory but their character growth is tied to the main plot and they don't have to write dialogue as S. Link neutral - with the only variable being if you select to date or just stay friends.

Honestly that approach has issues too, but yeah the Party S. Links being detached from the main plot has always been a weak point in the character development.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 166: 12/7: The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth

It seems some of you were rather dismayed at Skull’s plan last update, particularly the whole bit about using Oracle as pedobait. Well, uh, good! More support for Shido!

Music: Ark

Let’s see… One of them is apparently at the slots, and the other doesn’t leave his room? Well, the map says there’s an entertainment hall up ahead. Maybe the slots are there?
Seeing for ourselves will likely be the quickest way to find out. Let us proceed onward.

And so, the Phantom Thieves leave the pool deck.

Running down more hallways~

Here’s another map. I don’t know why I’m even bothering to show these, there’s no way to make sense of them.

I guess that means there’s a Shido statue here too. How troublesome.
Hm… My ad-mice would be to pro-squeak cautiously.
……
Oracle, my ad-mice would be--
I believe she heard you the first time. Anyway, can we focus on the task at hand?

Further in, we are treated to another mousecapade and some bad puns.

The twist here is that the statues are no longer confined to rooms, but are now in hallways as well. It’s not a major change. Here, the thieves have to carefully navigate a series of hallways with Shadows emerging from them.

This is Barong. It’s weak to Curse and Wind and blocks Bless. It uses Electricity and can inflict Rage.

This is Kurama Tengu. It’s weak to Ice, reflects Wind, and uses Wind and Physical, as well as Masukunda.

Panther learns Diarahan to replace Diarama.

Oracle’s Subrecover HP EX automatically replaces Subrecover HP, upgrading it from 10% to 20%.

And here’s just the loving exit because we have a lot of update left and the layout really isn’t that interesting.

Hm!? Look.

What the…?
That seems to be a Shadow too. Be careful, guys.
He looks way tougher than the other ones… You think they’re tightenin’ security?
It wouldn’t be surprising. We’ve taken down two targets, after all. Let’s proceed forward cautiously.

So, a new, stronger variant of Shadow.

These guys won’t hesitate to just loving shoot the Phantom Thieves, though the bullets don’t seem to do anything.

That bird in the middle is Garuda. It’s weak to Gun, repels Bless, and uses Amped Wind and Masukukaja.

Skull learns Matarukaja to replace Tarukaja, an amazing skill that will make him a mainstay for boss fights. Not that the Phantom Thieves will be fighting any bosses, once Shido has them murdered! ...Oh, I’m bad at this!

Safe room time!

This is Forneus. It’s weak to Electricity, drains Ice and Blocks Psy, and uses Psy and ailments like Brainwash and Confuse.

But I suppose if he’s on this ship, Mr. Shido must accept him…

He looks super dangerous! I don’t wanna get involved, even if he’s just some old cognitive thing!
What’re you punks mumblin’ on about? I hear you’ve been makin’ quite a mess in here.
Eep… W-We’re totally not making a mess, we swear! Who are you anyway!?
Hmph! I’m the one askin’ questions around here. Now, drink some salt water and reflect on what you did. I’m leavin’ this to you, guys. I don’t got the time to waste on little punks like these.
Salt water!? Does that mean…

Look out, here they come!

These guys are weak to Bless and don’t have a ton of health, so they go down quick.

Fox learns High Counter to replace Counterstrike, upgrading his Physical repel rate from 15% to 20%.

That wasn’t funny, dammit! They were totally tryin’ to kill us!
Maybe because we caused a scene at both the restaurant and the pool. Somebody has to clean up the mess. Wait a second… “Clean up the mess?”
Ohhh, that’s why they call him the “cleaner”! It’s ‘cause he mops up any trouble that shows its face.

That’s right, the cleaner is not actually Akechi, weirdly enough. It’s just some random dude.

That should make him pretty easy to find though. We just gotta disturb the peace somehow.
But doing so would have an adverse effect on us finding the other letters of introduction. Let’s leave him for last and hurry over to the other two first.
In that case, our next target should be the TV station president in the entertainment hall ahead.
Let’s go, Joker.

First, though, Joker makes a quick stop to fuse.

Music: Aria of the Soul

Barong and Titania make Melchizedek, which incurs a 48960 yen penalty as it is above Joker’s level. At this point, I have made a decision to not fuse anything more than five levels above me so as to not completely destroy the game’s difficulty curve. Though Shido will surely make quick work of these thieves no matter what, hahaha!

Given that I’m now your new mask, I will protect your justice with the whole of my being.

Melchizedek is a Biblical figure known for wisdom, and sources like the Book of Genesis mention him as both a king and a priest. His in-game description is: “An angel of Gnosticism, governing over peace and righteousness. Though said to be the savior of the angels, he used to be a human, the king of Salem.”

Not too much to brag about here.

Then the slot-loving TV station president should be here. Let us search the area for him.

Maybe we’ll find that TV station prez we heard about in here.
In that case, why don’t we try searching for him?

This place isn’t too big, so spotting him should be easy. Be careful if you find him though!

Music: Suspicion

He’s the president of a TV station, isn’t he?
He gives letters of introduction to executives of companies who are willing to sponsor his programs. That’s a difficult condition to meet…
Wanna just beat it out of him?

For real? But…
I’ll allow it. You’ve got this, Noir.

A letter of introduction? But you’re so obviously a child.
I am Haru Okumura, daughter of the president of Okumura Foods. I believe we sponsored you as well.
Oh, you’re her? It’s true that I’m quite indebted to President Okumura. He funded us extremely well, after all. However, it looks like he got a little carried away. My condolences.

Regarding his exploiting management… Mr. Shido asked me to defend him as much as I could. I even threw some extra security his way, but there were limits to what I could do. The damage almost reached up to Mr. Shido himself. President Okumura had to be cut off.

It seems he didn’t just cast him off his ship, but also used him to trap the Phantom Thieves. Bravo, Mr. Shido. Truly a nasty maneuver.
Won’t you please give me a letter of recommendation? Once our company recovers, I will arrange for us to cooperate with you in a sponsorship role.
You’re the daughter of the late president. Do you really have the authority to do that? Your employees probably resent you… ...Well, that’s not important. I’m in your father’s debt, after all. I can repay some kindness to his daughter.

But my, your father truly was a fool.

He could’ve lived a life of luxury if only he’d done what he was told.

Music: Tension

Our ratings shot up ‘cause of that!

The TV Station President laughs hysterically.

Uh-oh, Noir’s getting pissed! They’ll never find the bodies!

Hm? That’s just business.

You’re so cute you might just get good ratings.

Hands off, motherfucker.

The man laughs once more.

What are you talking about? She’s got this handled.

Shadow TV President

Music: Keeper of Lust

This fight is actually rather devious, so I’ll walk through it step-by-step.

The leader will start by using Reverse Rub to inflict Rage on one of its allies. The Phantom Thieves are probably going to want to take out this ally immediately for a few reasons, one of which being that it takes much more damage while enraged.

The other ally will be able to use Mediarama to heal on its own turn, as well.

Another reason to take out the enraged foe quickly? Well…

Oh gently caress. Hey, Skull, you mind?

Ow.

While the Phantom Thieves are capable of tanking hits for their leader with their Protect skill, it’s enough to reduce them to 1 HP immediately, so they need to watch out.

The leader can also use Swift Strike.

And one more time.

It hurts… to breathe...
Thanks, girl!

Once the enraged enemy is dealt with, the rest is rather simple. Both of the remaining foes go down without much in the way of effort.

Mona learns Mediarahan to replace Mediarama, letting him heal the entire party fully.

Noir also learns One-shot Kill, an amazing Gun skill that deals Severe damage with a high crit chance. She replaces Amrita Drop with it.

And that’s three down for the Phantom Thieves. Ball’s in their corner at this point, I have to admit.

I assume as part of the media, you have knowledge about quite a few important topics. We will not take your life, as a long as you share the knowledge that you’ve kept from the public.

Pff, empty threats! Shido would say that and mean it!

Remember that Kaneshiro guy? The one from the mafia who ended up on the news a while back? Well, the money he was gathering all went to Shido-san.
Shido and Kaneshiro were connected…?
Indeed. As well as that old man Madarame. His counterfeit business along with Kaneshiro’s mafia aided Shido-san quite a lot financially.

Whaaaaaaaaat? That’s duuuuuuuumb!

I understand now…
Hey, you were forcin’ the news to be about Akechi and Shido all the time, right? I’m sick of ‘em! ...Wait, this guy’s not a real person. Tellin’ him ain’t gonna do poo poo for us.

Skull, finally showing some insight.

Music: Desire

Akechi-kun, did you… anticipate this curious turn of events?
Oh, certainly not to this extent… But it is important to note that he was the mastermind behind the recent commotion. Getting captured must have wounded his pride irreparably. Such things happen often to insurgent leaders.
According to the police, the whereabouts of the other members are still currently unknown. Considering they no longer require testimony from the leader, the investigation will be hard to--
May I butt in for a second?

The audience applauds.

No wonder they call you an ace detective of justice! What passion! How about we use this opportunity to poll the audience? Those who believe the detective of justice will annihilate the Phantom Thieves, press your buttons now!

...Oh, but I do have to study for my college entrance exams. I might not be able to promise that…

The audience laughs.

I devoted myself to my studies, acted as an honor student, and made my name as an ace detective. And thanks to the Nav app and the Persona bestowed upon me by the gods… I managed to dispose of any who got in my way. Though it took me some time to finally do so…

I think if it were me, I would’ve collapsed from the shock.

Perhaps my mind was worked up due to the major task I had untertaken…

The audience laughs.

See? Even Akechi-kun’s face has stiffened up.

Akechi sweats.

A-Ah, sorry about that.

The audience laughs uproariously at Akechi’s “joke.” Fuckin’ sycophants. Speaking of which, I’d like to get some feedback on a campaign ad I’ve been working on. Please watch this and tell me your thoughts but also I worked very hard on this so pls no flames:

Shido’s Great Campaign Ad!

I tried looking up some other campaign ads for reference but they were all very racist, so I had to improvise. I think I did a pretty good job!

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 4, 2018

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Whats that Akechi?
A Clue?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Sure, I'd be willing to cooperate with your company. By the way, your father was an idiot and I televised his death in order to make a massive profit. It sure was hysterical making bank off of your pain and suffering, haha! ...Wait, why are you getting upset?

:psyduck:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sure, I'd be willing to cooperate with your company. By the way, your father was an idiot and I televised his death in order to make a massive profit. It sure was hysterical making bank off of your pain and suffering, haha! ...Wait, why are you getting upset?

i take it you're not familiar with the rich then

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Consequences and even simple backtalk are simply not things that happen to modern aristocrats very often.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Well, that campaign ad sure has me convinced!

#shido2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the one hand, as the world has shown us, some people really are that loving stupid. On the other hand, I fear for his real world counterpart because Haru is more than likely not going to let this slide.

On the other other hand, Maaku is about to inherit Totally Not NHK. Nice deal, all things considered.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol Shido is behind literally everything

he tested Akechi's abilities with a bunch of random loving around in Mementos

he paid Maaku's class to talk poo poo about him for months

he's a sitting director at Nippon Gross Aojiru Inc.

he's had the Sakamoto family's drinking water dosed with testosterone for decades

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
part of the reason i can't stand shido in general is how omnipresent he is despite being so unremarkable as a character

he's a black hole in the plot, sucking everything towards his scowly bald self

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
At first I was going to make a sarcastic comment about some implausible way that Kamoshida was helping Shido's campaign in a shady way, too, but given that the principals was in on the conspiracy, the game may have already connected the two of them and I just forgot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Personally, I think it would've been better if instead of being one of the people funding Shido, Madarame had just ripped him off with a fake Sayuri and Shido sent Akechi after him after having it authenticated and revealed as a fake.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
I could buy the mafia guy siphoning money off to the corrupt politician, but tying Madarame into the conspiracy is just stupid. Just let him be another rear end in a top hat for the Thieves to punish.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
See, the reason I feel Shidos conspiracy fails is that one man alone isn't sufficient: you need more than that. What if all of those people were part of an actual organized one, with Shido only the head of it (or hell, even its founder?).

Rather than simply all of this being connected to Shido, it simply becomes one tendril of a conspiracy that we've traveled up: there's more to it that becomes obvious on the ship, as we deal with and encounter things that are mentioned (like the subway thing) but with more depth.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I kind of like Shido as his conspiracy does feel kind of natural when you start giving a lot of lovely people incredible power when they lack the planning chops usually required to achieve what they are currently doing.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 4, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deceitful Penguin posted:

See, the reason I feel Shidos conspiracy fails is that one man alone isn't sufficient: you need more than that. What if all of those people were part of an actual organized one, with Shido only the head of it (or hell, even its founder?).

Rather than simply all of this being connected to Shido, it simply becomes one tendril of a conspiracy that we've traveled up: there's more to it that becomes obvious on the ship, as we deal with and encounter things that are mentioned (like the subway thing) but with more depth.

That kind of is the case already

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solitair posted:

At first I was going to make a sarcastic comment about some implausible way that Kamoshida was helping Shido's campaign in a shady way, too, but given that the principals was in on the conspiracy, the game may have already connected the two of them and I just forgot.

It's me, Maaku! It was me all along, Maaku!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's me, Maaku! It was me all along, Maaku!

Aww, son of a bitch

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Solitair posted:

I think (no evidence, just speculation) that Kamoshida was being kept fresh for Akechi to "discover" at an appropriate time during the elections.
The general outline of the story writes itself: plucky teen detective discovers a dastardly plot where a teacher abused students and bribed some policemen to get away with it (Shido: "A vote for me is a vote for our child's safety"); the principal would either be spun as the one calling for Akechi's assistance or thrown to the wolves as a conspirator (with convenient suicide to sell the story), depending on if they still needed him into the conspiracy or not.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

AradoBalanga posted:

On the one hand, as the world has shown us, some people really are that loving stupid. On the other hand, I fear for his real world counterpart because Haru is more than likely not going to let this slide.

What, you think Shido's going to go down without taking everyone with him? Have you seen any lifeboats on this ship?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Omobono posted:

I think (no evidence, just speculation) that Kamoshida was being kept fresh for Akechi to "discover" at an appropriate time during the elections.
The general outline of the story writes itself: plucky teen detective discovers a dastardly plot where a teacher abused students and bribed some policemen to get away with it (Shido: "A vote for me is a vote for our child's safety"); the principal would either be spun as the one calling for Akechi's assistance or thrown to the wolves as a conspirator (with convenient suicide to sell the story), depending on if they still needed him into the conspiracy or not.

That would be a pretty effective way to use the app and Akechi's position, similar to the phantom thieves, but allowing things to sit until they're convenient to use. That feels like it would have been a more satisfying way to involve previous targets like Madarame without feeling as forced as this campaign contributor thing. Shido takes power, now he can root out a crime boss, a famous artist selling forgeries, etc when he needs a support boost. Could probably do similar to conspiracy members that fall out of favor, if they've done any criminal things that are handy to call out and don't link to you.

Arist posted:

We will not take your life, as a longas you share the knowledge

IMG]http://lpix.org/2781299/RyujiSkull.png[/IMG] Hey, you were forcin’ the news to be about Akechi and Shido

Couple spots to fix.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like the Madarame thing is to retroactively justify why Akechi would have been snooping around his Palace, but there's other ways to justify that and it doesn't really matter in the first place.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Unless I missed something it feels like a plot point was dropped in regards to how important Shujin was to Shido's plans. When Maaku first shows up there are several scenes where people complain about it and the Principal responds along the lines of "well normally we wouldn't take somebody with a criminal record, but he has some circumstances on his side..." which implied maybe there were greater plans at work for our protagonist and the villains were more aware of his connection to Shido... except it never comes up again, and once the Phantom Thief poo poo starts up the Principal doesn't even think to suspect Maaku.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just assumed these shadowcoated re-representations are a smidge more 'stupid evil' then their real-life counterparts.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The cognitions are not actual sentient (or was it sapient) human beings and thus lack the ability to keep their trap shut; the real guy probably shared his opinions with Shido so the cognition will repeat them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also they assume that everyone who is on the ship is part of the same conspiracy and so will have no issue with the various hosed up poo poo being done to push Shido into power.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fair enough, I suppose.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
No, y'all dont seem to get it; the rich, when they assume you're one of them (or they just feel like taunting you), do talk like that. They talk about the fraud they've committed and everyone knows about but can't be proven, about driving a company into the ground and into bankruptcy and how that's how they got the money for their second summer house, to name two offhand that always stick in my memory because I knew people who suffered because of it.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This palace is really fun because there's a lot of background chatter (especially in the dining room where the music is a lot quieter) and it's all really hamfisted

:smug: "We truly are winners, in the game called life!"

shaszoor
Jun 15, 2009
It is fun, but, hearing Shido blaring campaign slogans over the loud speakers does get grating after spending forever in the palace.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 167: 12/7: My Prized Hack

We’re leaving the cleaner for last, so we just got that IT president guy left.
We don’t have any clues about him yet though… Either way, let’s proceed onward. We still haven’t gotten a full grasp of this ship’s layout.

The Phantom Thieves have taken down a new target, so it’s time for them to move on! And you know what that means...

MORE!!! loving!!!!! HALLWAYS!!!!!!!

At least in this map we can actually see where the mouse statue areas are in grey.

These are Hanuman(s). They’re weak to Ice (but also have an Evade Ice skill), and can use Physical and crit boosting skills.

In the main hall, we find the interesting gimmick of this hall. See, the statues are actually off by default here, and the only way to the exit is past a lock door. The only way to subvert that door is through a mouse-sized vent right next to it. You see where this is going, and you’ll probably be able to guess where the switch the thieves need to activate to progress is. Yep! It’s all the way north, which they can only get to from the west, which means they have to work their way all the way around this area! And once they do that, the enemies will have respawned, so they’ll be forced to do another round of evasion to get to the vent!

If my mind was structured like this, I’d probably murder someone too. Just sayin’.

Queen learns Mafreidyne to replace Mafreila somewhere in the maze of hellways (heh, you get it?)

And eventually, the thieves make it through to the Side Deck, which contains another safe room to checkpoint them.

Nope. But… You beat the crap outta my men, and I can’t exactly let that pass. I’m gonna have to avenge them.
Wait, you’re the one who attacked us, remember!?
Hmph, you sure do an awful lot of barkin’. Well, I guess I could let you off the hook…

Get ready. Here they come…!

Some more of these guys, who are still weak to Bless. Not much for the thieves to worry about. This cleaner dude needs to do better, Lord Shido deserves it.

We caused no trouble whatsoever, yet were met with the same end result…

Fox, you pesky thieves have been causing nothing but trouble all day.

And on top of all that, he up and disappeared again!
We should ignore him if our actions have no actual impact on the results. For now, let’s focus on searching for the IT company president. I hope there are clues somewhere…

The P-Thieves are left with no choice but to proceed through a door at the end of the hall.

Which, naturally, leads to…

MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT

At least it’s short, this time. The thieves simply need to get through a simple series of rooms. Some of the rooms have statues, but others do not. I’m not even sure why there’s a switch to turn the statues off in this one, the thieves don’t actually need to press it for any reason. It’s not vital to their egress or even used to conceal a treasure chest, it’s just there if they want to clean up the theft spots I guess.

These Baphomets are weak to Bless, block Curse, and use Fire, Ice, and Electricity. They also have skills to increase their Burn, Freeze, and Shock rate with those skills.

This is Oberon, it is weak to Nuke, blocks Psy, and uses Wind and Physical. It also has Evade Nuke.

Once the Thieves make it out, they find themselves somewhere that feels a bit familiar…

Why, it was the locked door from the main hall!

And without any particularly useful information about the IT company president…
He almost never leaves his room! Nobody’s even seen him around!
Hm. If he “almost never” leaves, does that mean there are times that he does in fact leave?
Wouldn’t he have to head out to go to the bathroom? That’s how it was for me in my room!
But there are restrooms in the rooms here… What about meals?
Just one call and your food gets delivered to your room.

I think you’re right. Though this place is just a cognition, it has restaurants and bars as well. If the IT company president never leaves his room, somebody must be delivering the food to him.
Ohhh, so you think we should get info at the restaurants too! Nice idea, Joker! Oh, and Queen!

So, the thieves are heading back to the restaurant.

Music: Impromptu for the Next Prime Minister

Um, is it possible to have meals delivered to my room?
You mean room service. Yes, that is available only at this restaurant.
Aha! So, is there one room in particular that always orders food delivery?
Pardon me, but why are you asking me this? I would like to see your boarding passes if you don’t mind.
O-Oh um, we’ve been asked to make a delivery. It’s to the president of an IT company, I believe.
…… Hm…
He apparently never leaves his room, but Mr. Shido has given us direct orders about this… Now then, this is a highly confidential matter, so we must take it to him ourselves.
Ah, is that so? In that case, let me tell you the way to his room.

Moron!

Isn’t this pretty close? I suppose it’s just upstairs.
It seems to be above the side deck we passed through earlier. Is there a way up somewhere?
Honestly guys, I doubt this is gonna be any use. If it were me, I’d never open that door.
Well that’s no good! What are we gonna do!?
If only there was a way in besides through the door…
In any case, should we head back to the side deck? No that we’ll be able to get in from there…

The Phantom Thieves backtrack to a safe room, then warp back to the Side Deck.

If getting this door open is impossible, we’ll just have to find another route inside. It’s the room directly above here, right? Hmm…

Heading over to the east, the thieves find their path obstructed.

But what’s this?

I mean, we ARE phantom thieves. We can use places that normal guests don’t have access to.

A ship needs a source of power to sail. There must be an engine room nearby.

So, the thieves’ current task is to climb up and up.

The view is terrible though.

And the thieves have made it to the room.

The cabin the target’s in is right there!
Indeed, I can sense someone within its walls.
What should we do, Joker?
>Check inside.
All right, here goes.

I’m gonna go!

Oh, this seems like a great idea.

By yourself?
He’ll be on guard if we all go together… Plus, it’s IT stuff! This is my time to shine!
Should we leave it to her?

I can do it! It’s like that show where the kid goes shopping alone for the first time. Hehe, this is gonna be tough.
She’s feelin’ good enough to joke around, so maybe this’ll be fine after all…?
Just yell if things get dangerous, OK?

Futaba salutes.

Music: Wicked Plan

Smooth, Oracle.

Those clothes… I-I mean, why did you come in from the window!?
W-Well the door’s locked and you weren’t answering! How else am I supposed to get in here? Oh, but I get how you feel! There’s totes nothing better than relaxing in your own room!

“Totes,” ugh. I’m glad I’ve sided with Shido if they’re saying poo poo like that.

You’re an IT guy, right? I can tell we talk the same language!

Hehehe… This little guy caught your attention, huh? I made it myself!

Wanna see the benchmarks? It can pump out some awesome numbers. Although normall I just use this one as a sub-processor when I’m hacking into a tough system.

Hehehe… Ever heard of Medjed?
Well, of course.
Try not to be surprised by this. Actually, be surprised. I am Medjed! I’m the one who took down the fake!

Don’t believe me, huh? Here, this is proof.

If you want my skills, I’ll need a letter of introduction.
Man… To think the website we prepared got crushed so easily by a mere child.

Oh poo poo.

That’s right. Why did you have to go and destroy our work?
Because I’m a Phant--

Futaba sweats.

I-It was just because I couldn’t forgive someone using the Medjed name without my permission. So, why’d you send Medjed after the Phantom Thieves?

There was no reason to choose Medjed per se. Their popularity was convenient for us though. We knew the Phantom Thieves couldn’t target an anonymous group, after all.
That’s why…?
Medjed’s defeat was supposed to be an act, so their actual fall was quite a shock to me and Akechi-kun. We were planning on shutting it down anyway though, so it really didn’t conflict with our plans. The Phantom Thieves must’ve enjoyed their moment in the spotlight, not knowing it would be so short-lived. You see, you gotta abuse a tool like the internet. Well, the word abuse doesn’t really describe it. The real charm comes in making use of the internet in innovative ways that circumvent legal restrictions.

Oh my god shut uuuuuuup

You little…
*chuckle* I’m sure you understand. You’re Medjed, after all. Isn’t it wonderful manipulating all those information-illiterate idiots!?
...What a third-rate fool.

Not only are your skills third-rate, but you stink worse than a third-rate person. Don’t treat me like we’re equals. I’m gonna reform society!
...What a stupid idea. Don’t tell me you destroyed my website for this so-called “societal reform”?

Picking on the weak and calling that innovative? Looks like I just gotta ban the guy at the root of all this… Shido! Now, you’re gonna give me that letter of introduction!
Why would I?

Welp, that went bad.

Noir sounds totally fed up with this garbage.

Well, now that we know he has one, this should be the easiest way to get it!

We already knew he had one, though.

Shadow IT President

These guys don’t present much of a threat to the Phantom Thieves, unfortunately for us. The Titanias are still weak to Psy and the Oberon is still weak to Nuke, so they’ll spend most of the fight hitting those weaknesses in order to get All-out Attacks. The Oberon can summon more Titanias once they die, but it’s still not much.

Noir learns Amrita Shower to replace Psy Boost. Her skills are getting crowded to justify my decision not to get rid of Tetrakarn and Makarakarn, unfortunately.

Four down for the Phantom Thieves and one to go. We better hope this cleaner can get the job done.

Making that fake Medjed wasn’t the only bad thing you did, right? I want to hear your biggest secret.
The cognitive psience research…

After extracting the results of the research, I deleted every last scrap of the original data. After that, I encrypted everything we had and put it on a domain inaccessible to normal people. Don’t get me wrong though. I don’t know anything about all the mental shutdowns.
Shido… What the hell was he researching?
No matter what it was, we won’t let him abuse it!

I’m honored to hear that.

It’s about the loyal customers of our mental shutdown business. How about you dispose of all the ones you think suspicious?

This is some North Korea poo poo. I mean, uh… in a good way!

Correct. The earlier the better.
Why so suddenly…? Did something happen?
Nothing in particular. But if something were to happen, it would already be too late.
I can understand why you might be nervous, but why not stay calm and hold off until after the election?

Akechi? Arguing against murdering someone? Hell must be freezing over!

I’d like to take out all of the trash before my inauguration as prime minister of this nation. For the sake of absolute victory, I need all roots of anxiety to be pulled as soon as possible.

Oh god, what’s wrong with your face/neck/shoulders!?

Shido hangs up.

Akechi seems to have come to a realization…

Man, making these updates is truly exhausting. I’m just going to rest my head on my keyboard because I’m… tired, and for no other reason beyond that.

Peawjsdfgopkl;ajksdflgjsdfkl;gkjfklsdgsdkjgklsgo;agjiaeo;ghseruilghsdfuilgkshdfgkjhkla hglkfhasdklgfhlkasdfhdajklhasdklfjhdklafhdafherilafhdlakhadlkfsahsdlafhalweiuwfaL;WDASALIAS DAIFIdk.fhla dskfjlafdjlfaskdfdafadfalkhelpmephantomthievesae;oejiarop gjsdalfsdj;ilgjadl;fgjalskghealkfhidlaferafldahladhadjalkjahlehalksdakhualkha welafhapoeroptiwoperriseogjra;iwaeroiwepdfjuighy jfilsgkjigjifljksdffndklglsdjkgfljkdghlsdfkgjlfasdlkflafsdjk

Whew, that was sure a nice nap I took. I think I’ll leave that meaningless string of nonsense characters in to commemorate the amazing nap I had! Once again, please don’t kill me, Mr. Shido.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

shaszoor posted:

It is fun, but, hearing Shido blaring campaign slogans over the loud speakers does get grating after spending forever in the palace.

the entire dungeon is like being gently noogied for six hours

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The campaign slogans only really show up in the main foyer/hub area on the ship though. On the other hand, the rest of the ship comprises of small areas connected with those godforsaken hallways, so it's a bad scene all around.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
I do kinda love that bit though.

"Let's have some kind of 90's movie hacker contest to prove who is the best!"

"Nah, I'm just gonna shoot you."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arist posted:

Hanuman(s)

Hanumen, chilling in their Hanumanse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
lol at Shido threatening his own muscle and secret source of his power.