Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You weren't able to do a class in person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Maybe he's remote but yeah the difference in $ is worth working something out

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

iirc you only need one physical class to get 100% of the BAH? Could be worth looking into.

I found a program that had one night course a week and wasn't 100% online for this reason, heh.

I thought it had to be half your course load (or at least half a full-time load in 6 hours, can't remember which). Although it quite possibly could have changed.

I talked with some of the people that did the Executive MBA program I'm in. I was bitching about hotel costs (really pointlessly, because they guy I was talking to didn't get BAH to cover it like I do) and he told me he spent the first few weekends in the bar scene in T-town until he landed a side piece, and then he just stayed with her anytime he came to town.

Kinda clever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You need to have more than half of full time (as in more than 6, but not 6) to get any BAH in the first place. Doing online courses only gets you BAH at half rate. Taking one class in person and the rest online gets you full BAH. That's how it was explained to me at least. They could have changed it in the last couple years, who knows. The VA rep at your school will know for sure.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I’m like 90% sure that’s all correct

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

iirc you only need one physical class to get 100% of the BAH? Could be worth looking into.

I found a program that had one night course a week and wasn't 100% online for this reason, heh.

Yeah, that is not possible with this program, it is all virtual. The thing I did think about was the fact that one of the 3 credit classes (of the 17 total) is for my clinical internship that is local. I wonder if that would count or if it has to be an in-person, class room environment

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I was on campus today to sign my degree checkout stuff, but they told me one of my classes I took in 2015 wont count because I got a D. I thought I was going to be graduating next month, just wanna lie down and do nothing the rest of today

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus that's a solid kick in the nuts that one.

If you've still got GI Bill though you can fill out the roster to make you full time and pick up some extra courses that you might want?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You should still be able to walk with your cohort and such all the same, if that’s important to you.

Also I’m not sure if it was different before, but they don’t seem to let you take filler classes anymore. It has to be towards a specific degree plan, and they check every transcript you’ve ever done ever to make sure you’re not double dipping or idk. I could be wrong of course.

I had a similar situation but rather it was because they thought a certain class counted for another, and it went unchecked. I ended up going to National University to bang the class out. They do a class at a time so it was accelerated and technically full-time, got most of my BAH, just of course not a semester length.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
You can take whatever extra classes you want your last semester to maintain full time status.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
That may vary school to school
I don't think my veterans service office ever vetted my class choices

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's no accountability in the actual program that a certifying official uses. All they send to the VA is credit hours, duration of classes, and that's it. It's up to the certifying official to determine if they're towards your degree plan. Some of them are colossal dicks about it, some are not.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna let my relatives know that I'm not graduating

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can still walk out there, you can do it up to a year early or more.

Walk, do the class ASAP, collect the degree. Graduation ceremony and graduating are NOT the same thing.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just tell them there was some admin fuckery. Everyone understands that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My sister "graduated" in May but she's redoing a class this semester before getting her degree. Sign up for the graduation thing anyway.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hopefully it's available online and also not one of those classes they only offer during one semester each year, because I really need to get more work hours to cover bills and start doing payments on my small ($2700-ish) subsidized loan.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man I'm going to end up in the same boat for dumber reasons. I'm going to fail one of my upper division electives this term because it should have had a lot of pre-reqs on it and I was not at all prepared to just suddenly & comprehensively know Python. Same situation though, I'm still walking with my cohort at the end of sping but I'm going to have to come back in summer/fall to finish these 4 upper division elective credits. Bleh.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I was sort of feeling that way but I rocked out and got a 78 on an exam I thought I'd get like a 60 on. Just gotta get above a 60 on the final and turn in a final paper for another class and then I'm done with this poo poo at least until I get the horrible idea to go to grad school.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I got nominated for an award that has an application process and while I'm humbled by the nomination I have no loving clue of what I'm going to write about for my essay, as the prompt is really open-ended.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Write about how difficult it was to transition from the military to the civilian world.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, people eat that poo poo up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Tell them about your user name.

Question. I have most of my required upper division courses done and have 15 upper elective credits to do. If I do enough for a minor, can I go for it without having my vocrehab counselor signing off on it?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You should be able to since a minor doesn't really change the overall course of getting your degree. Or rather, it shouldn't do that. I don't think they would support 'I want to stay in another semester to get xyz minor' but 'I want to take xyz electives along the way to get this minor' should be ok.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Awesome. Thanks! Might end up with a minor in visual arts

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Just got around to letting my dad know I wont be done this semester. Was dreading it even though nothing bad was gonna happen

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

:siren: Last class until the Monday after Thanksgiving and I can have a week of normal hours at work :siren:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Two classes today before break starts. Both are tests, one about signal processing and linear systems, one about nanoscale logic gate design. Why that second one is a requirement for an undergraduate degree I have no idea, its all the most annoying plug-and-chug math for stuff that nobody works on until they're in their PhD or working for intel. Cole was right when he said I couldn't concentrate because I don't care about this.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

maybe graduation? my advisor worked some kind of degree catalog law magic to say the course catalog for that year allows for a D grade. gonna try not to get too excited in case it hits another snag

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have to take 3 religious courses to.graduate. including an upper division. Learned some neat stuff but man I feel time better spent

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

My school only gives us Wednesday-Friday off next week. loving sucks.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Aardvark posted:

My school only gives us Wednesday-Friday off next week. loving sucks.

Dusted...

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My school isn't giving any time off, because apparently Thanksgiving was a month and a half ago.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I only get Wed-Fri. Though my physics class isn't meeting so I only have to show up for cal II.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol I only get Thursday and Friday off.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean this was last year but I had an online course, and the exams were at the test center

This chode scheduled it for 7 PM Halloween night. I know it’s not an official holiday, but drat, talk about cold.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm off until a week from tuesday you weak rear end fucks

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol I only get Thursday and Friday off.

Rekt

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I need cal iii, University phys 2 and intro to digital systems, and they are all offered only at the same time as each other unless I take one at night. Wtf.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I'm taking Swahili at OSU because that's the only language course they had open for the Spring semester.

Because not letting transfer students that go and meet with an advisor and have their poo poo together a month before the first registration dates open do their registration until orientation day makes sense. Right.

The nice thing was the advisor is trying to sneak me into the first Software class without the calc 1 requirement. I can't do calc 1 and trig concurrently so if I can do software 1 at least I'll be kind of where I want to be in the degree program. Still about 3 years to do even though it'll be technically the beginning of my second year in the Spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

rifles posted:

I'm taking Swahili at OSU because that's the only language course they had open for the Spring semester.

Because not letting transfer students that go and meet with an advisor and have their poo poo together a month before the first registration dates open do their registration until orientation day makes sense. Right.

That happened to me when I transferred to SDSU. I had to retake Ochem 2 because I got a B at CC and "It's upper division here." Luckily someone dropped the class and I got in to retake a class I passed. Otherwise I'd be staying another year since nearly all of the upper division chem