Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Female wizard is pretty great. She's the smartest person in the room and she knows it.

Her developing dialogue with the enchantress follower is pretty great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Diablo 3 player characters are pretty great :yeah:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my gf doesn’t really play video games but she said she was bored so I gave her my switch with stardew and she’s been playing for 6 hours now...

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Times! posted:

I’m loving Diablo’s campaign. I’m in Act V and I love how everyone is like, “Evil is here! All hope is lost,” but my monk just tells them all, repeatedly, that he isn’t afraid of anything, the gods made him for this, expert mode is easy as hell, let’s gently caress poo poo up. Idk how the characterization of other classes are, but the monk is the ultimate badass who seems to find the heavens being at stake almost tedious. I’m eating it up.

It’s been a while since I played Diablo on PS4 but is the monk the class that has the move that drops a massive ghost bell on people with a resounding “DONG”? Because that ruled.

I’m going to get the switch version soon and thinking about trying a necromancer based entirely on this thread, so thanks for that thread.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dark souls switch report: blighttown on switch is night and day better than on the old xbox 360. it nearly didnt feel like the same area without janky fps threatening to mess up every attack.

also its so funny how many Gravelord Disasters im bein hit with. finally these covenants are getting a workout! there seems to be a super healthy population in all areas.

anywho up and away to anor londo, then time to get my darkwraith on

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

West of Loathing is very good, in ways I was not expecting. Recommended to anybody who liked Barkley and wants another comedy rpg in a weird grimdark postapoc setting with a surprisingly deep battle system

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cultural Marxist posted:

It’s been a while since I played Diablo on PS4 but is the monk the class that has the move that drops a massive ghost bell on people with a resounding “DONG”? Because that ruled.

heck yea it is

also I finally finished the lame final part of vanilla D3 and am now running around Yharnam and this is way more my style. My necromancer is very concerned about these things raising the dead to fight. Who does something like that?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hosting a play date for my kid. On the 16th. 6 kids. I may let them take turns throwing the pokeball but, otherwise, are there any 6 player games?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feenix posted:

Hosting a play date for my kid. On the 16th. 6 kids. I may let them take turns throwing the pokeball but, otherwise, are there any 6 player games?

off the top of my head, any of the jack box games

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RandomFerret posted:

West of Loathing is very good, in ways I was not expecting. Recommended to anybody who liked Barkley and wants another comedy rpg in a weird grimdark postapoc setting with a surprisingly deep battle system

It very much is but I found that it doesn't have as much replay value as I had anticipated.

My first run was a Beanslinger with the doctor follower and my constantly tempting fate with the dark arts.

I've looked it up and that's pretty much the most interesting way to play.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Feenix posted:

Pretty sure Super Bomberman is.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If only smash were here...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rolo posted:

If only smash were here...

Right? What’s Smash max at? I assumed 4 players.

[Ed] oh nice, 8!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

il serpente cosmico posted:

Hmm, I wonder if printing a bunch of copies would have cost them a ton of money up front, even with the assistance of a publisher? I'd imagine they've done pretty well digitally, and going physical is a hard sell for a 15 dollar game. Either you need to charge more for it or be ok with super small margins.
To be honest Skybound Games was an odd choice of publisher. As far as I can tell they haven't released any other physical Switch titles, and they don't have the experience of ushering small-team independent games to a physically distributed product. That's more LRG/SRG's wheelhouse, and also the market that Dan Adelman's Leadman Games is catering towards.

You may recall that Dan worked on Axiom Verge for distribution and marketing, where they published the Multiverse Edition through BadLand Games. Recently, Dan made an interesting statement about that experience:

Dan Adelman posted:

The second reason for founding Leadman Games was the experience I gained from working on Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition. At some point I’ll probably tell the full story, but suffice it to say it wasn’t the case that we could hand off all responsibility to the publisher and just wait for the check to show up in the mail. I had to roll up my sleeves quite a bit to make sure the game came out on time and hit store shelves. I learned a lot in the process and felt that I could help other developers bring their games to retail as well. The retail business is shrinking, but for small companies like Leadman Games and the developers I work with, it’s still a significant business opportunity.
I'll bet Team Cherry ran into the same issues and just don't have the manpower to deal with it. I really do hope they partner with LRG, SRG, or Leadman as it's definitely a valuable property.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's a Retronauts episode with Dan Adelman and Tom Happ that's pretty interesting. I wasn't too hot on Axiom Verge when I played it on PC but I may give the Switch version another go.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Blizzard were previously rather dubious to a Switch version of Overwatch, but opinions have changed lately. The question is: Has it changed enough?

Eurogamer posted:

Talking of technical complications: have you explored putting Overwatch on Switch (Diablo launched on Switch today)? Could it work?

Jeff Kaplan: Our philosophy has always been we want as many players playing Overwatch as possible, and we want to reach as many possible Overwatch players as are out there. We will always explore a platform if we think we could make it viable - both the technology and the business relationship. We would love to do it.

We don't have anything to announce or any plans with Nintendo or Switch at this time, but -

It's a possibility?

Jeff Kaplan: It's something we're very open-minded about.
Paladins at least has proved it's doable, but how Blizzard is going to fit a game the size of around 25 GB into a Nintendo Switch is another question entirely.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’m a Necro at level 11 in the D3 campaign and I cranked it up to hard but am still chewing through dudes.

Me and my skeleton army just bumbling around launching bone spears out of corpses, loving every minute of it.

I seem to be leveling up fast, so may bump up again.

Game is fun as hell.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Blizzard were previously rather dubious to a Switch version of Overwatch, but opinions have changed lately. The question is: Has it changed enough?

Paladins at least has proved it's doable, but how Blizzard is going to fit a game the size of around 25 GB into a Nintendo Switch is another question entirely.

By telling you to get an SD card

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m confused on something I read about the Gem
Of Ease. (Diablo) I read it helps people make it to 70 much faster but I also read it’s only dropped from Greater Rifts. Which I think I need to be 70 to do? Right?!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

By compressing it properly?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I’m confused on something I read about the Gem
Of Ease. (Diablo) I read it helps people make it to 70 much faster but I also read it’s only dropped from Greater Rifts. Which I think I need to be 70 to do? Right?!

Yeah it's for leveling alts up faster by lowering the level requirements of an item vastly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
How is Diablo on Switch? I haven’t played D3 since the RMAH still existed but I’m tempted to pick up again

e; I should read up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

How is Diablo on Switch? I haven’t played D3 since the RMAH still existed but I’m tempted to pick up again

e; I should read up

It's good

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Any word yet when Phantasy Star Sega Ages actually comes out in the US? I've been trying to find out but a million search results say Oct which is not true at this point :smith:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

bowmore posted:

my gf doesn’t really play video games but she said she was bored so I gave her my switch with stardew and she’s been playing for 6 hours now...

I've legit gaslighted this game out my fiancee's existence for this very reason. She won't know about this game until we get a second switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ghostinmyshell posted:

Any word yet when Phantasy Star Sega Ages actually comes out in the US? I've been trying to find out but a million search results say Oct which is not true at this point :smith:

It got delayed to November. It's available on the Japanese store now with full English options and will be out proper on the 15th on the US shop.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Any idea if Diablo is going to be a Black Friday deal?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

how long have you been freely able to remove gems in d3? didn't you used to have to either destroy the item to get the gems back or destroy the gems to free the sockets? this is much better, I can just keep taking out the ruby in my leorics crowns and mushing it into new ones I get to make it bigger.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

b_d posted:

how long have you been freely able to remove gems in d3? didn't you used to have to either destroy the item to get the gems back or destroy the gems to free the sockets? this is much better, I can just keep taking out the ruby in my leorics crowns and mushing it into new ones I get to make it bigger.
That's a common socketing mechanic in games like this but it has always been possible to desocket gems for a fee (or during salvage) in Diablo 3.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Yeah I remember salvaging and getting gems back, but now you can just remove them for free 0 gold and keep both the item and the gem.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It was Diablo 2 that didn't have an unsocketing method if I remember right. And if it did, it was probably a one-time quest reward.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

bowmore posted:

Congrats on your second switch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

FPzero posted:

It was Diablo 2 that didn't have an unsocketing method if I remember right. And if it did, it was probably a one-time quest reward.

I think it had like a horadric cube thing you could do to empty the sockets in an item. and lose the gems/runes, of course

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kashuno posted:

e; I should read up

Perfect port except for tiny text that’s hard to read in handheld mode (but you barely have to read anyway)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

only vaguely Switch related but

https://twitter.com/BoltGSR/status/1061319844170100736

;-;

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Solve crimes in heaven, tiny duder

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Feenix posted:

TowerFall expanded to 6 player battle mode for the Switch version. Otherwise the dodgeball game (I think "Stikbold"?) that came out a while ago might be 8 player, and/or that Sausage Sports game. I’m sure there’s a bunch of others, but TowerFall is solid.

Actually Dragon Ball FigherZ has a 6 player mode...kinda. It’s 3 on 3 teams where each player controls one guy, so only two at a time get to play, and I guess they can get knocked out until the end of the round. Haven’t tried it myself but if they happen to like DB it might be neat for them. Course I think I saw it on Best Buy's Black Friday list for like $20-30 or something.

Edit: alternatively you can use split joycons and double up the players in any game! :v: (it actually works well in Tetris)

Looper posted:

off the top of my head, any of the jack box games
The kids would have to be old enough to have phones/tablets (...granger that isn’t that old these days). Another concern is the comic aspect, which can be really hit or miss. Plus if they’re younger they may want more basic action or something?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure Super Bomberman is.
Yeah it does 8 players iirc.

japtor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 10, 2018

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Barudak posted:

Solve crimes in heaven, tiny duder

Wait is there a game where you play a dog that solves crimes? Cause I want that game (I have no idea who that dog is)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Achmed Jones posted:

Wait is there a game where you play a dog that solves crimes? Cause I want that game (I have no idea who that dog is)

Missile is an important character in the plot of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. But not the protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Feenix posted:

If they know how to share, pokken has 3v3 team battles but that's two controllers at a time so that's need a ref to make sure nobody plays straight though the roster of one side.