Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bitsie Tulloch is Margot Kidder as Lois Lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

good day for a bris posted:

"It's good but will it get them off their tractors?"

I guess you can't try to make TV shows for everyone anymore, because TV is pretty focused on small demographics rather than the TV watching public so you can ignore what a bigot might think.

There's a great interview with Bowie from the 80s on MTV where he straight up asks why MTV doesn't play many black artists, and the interviewer says "well, some people in the US are uncomfortable with that and we don't want to offend them" and Bowie is all "Well isn't that interesting" but his body language says "you're worried about what racists think? Thats as bad".

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I loving love that interview.

zoux posted:

Bitsie Tulloch is Margot Kidder as Lois Lane

What is she, like 4'5?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I loving love that interview.

What is she, like 4'5?

I assume Hoechlin's standing on a box.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Travel-sized Lois & Clark :3:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm like seven episodes into Luke Cage S2, and I got a question. I don't know a lot about the law, or police matters. But if a man was brutally murdered, and the very last thing he did, literally minutes before the murder, was transfer hundreds of millions of dollars and property to some guy he had no prior business relationship with, wouldn't that guy immediately become the number one suspect? Wouldn't the cops, like, investigate that guy? Instead of just walking around the crime scene, saying, "whelp, no evidence here" and immediately giving up?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I'm like seven episodes into Luke Cage S2, and I got a question. I don't know a lot about the law, or police matters. But if a man was brutally murdered, and the very last thing he did, literally minutes before the murder, was transfer hundreds of millions of dollars and property to some guy he had no prior business relationship with, wouldn't that guy immediately become the number one suspect? Wouldn't the cops, like, investigate that guy? Instead of just walking around the crime scene, saying, "whelp, no evidence here" and immediately giving up?

If it was from a personal account or something directly tied to him, yes.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Gripweed posted:

Keep watching

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

good day for a bris posted:

"It's good but will it get them off their tractors?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bruceski posted:

Maybe they're pulling an Alan Ladd/Veronica Lake thing and she's standing in a ditch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Maybe they're pulling an Alan Ladd/Veronica Lake thing and she's standing in a ditch.

They used to do that in WWF interview segments to make Andre look even taller.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

could be both

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bruceski posted:

Hoechlin is 6' tall so a really short box maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sure he is.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Aren't there set photos of him next to Amell, whose height we actually know?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

"Actually know."

I'm 5'8" and have met Amell twice. He's 6 feet tall max. He wears thick soled boots on the show but he was wearing cross training sneakers (we discussed exercise shoes).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Benoist is 5’8” and Brooks is 6’3” and Hoechlin looks like he’s right in the middle of that when he’s wearing his Clark clothes from on set pictures. So probably 5’11- 6’ or so. When he’s in the Superman suit his boots look to have heel lifts of about 1-1.5 inches or so.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Henry Cavill's only 6'1.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Get a picture of Amell next to Cody Rhodes and go from there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
As a short, 5'6" gentleman, I want you all to know that every time you call him Tiny Superman you hurt my feelings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

As a short, 5'6" gentleman, I want you all to know that every time you call him Tiny Superman you hurt my feelings.

Awww, we're sorry Tiny Medullah.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OK, they finally do address that torturing someone until they give you money is not a legitimate business thing. But that is a separate legal trick that the lawyer pulls off to get the money back. And it's framed like, wow look at how clever the lawyer is! As opposed to, yeah no poo poo.

And my point stands that a millionaire was brutally murdered, his last action moments before death was transferring hundreds of millions of dollars to a guy the cops already believed was involved in organized crime and even suspect was behind the murder. Like, they literally talk about it at the crime scene. "That guy did this!" "maybe but there's no evidence!" Somehow the money connection is just never mentioned or investigated by the cops.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

https://twitter.com/TaniaPeyton/status/1054798013250584576

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1054216020003418113

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1051891977845792768

Perspective makes it hard to tell for sure, but I'm pretty positive that Hoechlin is shorter.

Also, unrelated to Tiny Superman chat, but I want to post this photo
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1054560946838859776

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That third pic is probably the best for scaling since it is the two of them and Grant side by side and you can see their footwear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

That third pic is probably the best for scaling since it is the two of them and Grant side by side and you can see their footwear.

I just realized both Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin are wearing shoes with decent sized heels in that photo. We're never going to get to the bottom of this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The cape makes him look taller.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I just realized both Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin are wearing shoes with decent sized heels in that photo. We're never going to get to the bottom of this.

The mystery to the meaning of life is tied to his true height.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh god I got to the penultimate episode of Luke Cage. Just blatantly filling time with unnecessary flashbacks and dead people hallucinations. You'd think by now they'd be better at dealing with the mandatory episode count, but I guess it's still taking them by surprise.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ha ha, you're short.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Ha ha, you're short.

Could be worse, he could be as short as Superman.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

Ha ha, you're short.

Hey, I'm tall where it counts!

no I'm not

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Honestly Brooks is just a tall guy who naturally looms, an early set shot had the two of them together with no attempt to downplay the difference, and the nickname stuck since Supes is usually shot to be larger than life. Like in this Lois pic. Even if there aren't lifts or anything the eyeline on the camera is low.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
guess its for real for real now

https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/status/1060955612413079558

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

For the first time I'm actually interested in the Disney streaming service.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hot Take:

5 episodes in on Titans and it's better than nearly anything Marvel and Netflix have done.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Hot Take:

5 episodes in on Titans and it's better than nearly anything Marvel and Netflix have done.

Really? I tapped out halfway through the first episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Really? I tapped out halfway through the first episode.

I had already made up my mind from the trailer but holy heck the Doom Patrol episode is so much friggin fun.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

zoux posted:

Between this and all the blatant satanism on Sabrina, what are the intrusive moralistic busybody church lady bigots of America even doing these days

Playing the role of Sabrina on the Netflix show Sabrina.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Rhyno posted:

Anthony Mackie is the MVP of the MCU. I would die for a Falcon/AntMan/Winter Soldier series.
Relating to the previous discussion, Anthony Mackie would be such a stronger lead for a BirdGuy Trains Kate Bishop series. We also don't know as much about what he does when he's not Falconing as we do MCU Hawkeye so it would be easier to slide him in to the charming loser role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SonicRulez posted:

If you're not into it by the half, odds are you won't find it any better later. I thought it was pretty good from start to finish.

You were right. It did briefly pick up for me in that one episode where Luke was finally a Hero for Hire, the thing they've been promising since the beginning. But then he hosed it up and got his client killed.