Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I think part of the reason the Arizona race hasn't been as big a flash point

Someone hasn't read da trump tweets, ELECTION FRAUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
the difference for arizona is that mcsally isn't really playing into the fraud angle like the other candidates are, she's been relatively mum about it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

It's still the count in Arizona and California too, but officials there haven't had any problems saying "We've got X left". Even in California where the mail-in ballots can keep coming in.

apparently they just keep on finding more boxes of votes in random closets and post office back rooms so i can definitely believe they have no idea how many are left

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
active servicepeople overseas mailing in their ballots that are popping up everywhere? FRAUD, I DEMAND THAT YOU TURN THIS INFORMATION OVER WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION ARAHG

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

the difference for arizona is that mcsally isn't really playing into the fraud angle like the other candidates are, she's been relatively mum about it

and tbh given that she will probably run in 2020 after she loses to sinema this is probably the most strategic way to go about it because whoever the republican candidate is in 2020 in arizona is gonna have a hard time against greg stanton

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Because she's immediately the front-runner for McCain's seat in 2020 and being a whiny, sore loser with baseless accusations isn't a good look.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the bitcoin of weed posted:

apparently they just keep on finding more boxes of votes in random closets and post office back rooms so i can definitely believe they have no idea how many are left

:lol:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

double negative posted:

lmao

spitefully showing mercy to children in the justice system to own the libs
Hang them all, and get me pictures of Spiderman!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This race remains so close and it's going to continue for days.

My opponent is gearing up for a battle in court, which is an expensive way for Democrats to drag out the inevitable – a loss for them. They are hoping that prolonging this race will financially cripple me, but you can't buy a win. It's hard fought, and hard won.

I'm still fighting until the moment my opponent concedes. Please let me know you're still with me until the end.

In service, 
Martha McSally

HELP MARTHA WIN

Paid for by McSally for Senate, Inc.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The signature thing really pisses me off because when I voted I made a joke to the old lady with the sign in book that my signature hasn't looked like the one they have in over a decade and we just laughed and she handed me my ballot.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cenotaph posted:

The signature thing really pisses me off because when I voted I made a joke to the old lady with the sign in book that my signature hasn't looked like the one they have in over a decade and we just laughed and she handed me my ballot.

love my state

https://twitter.com/AlexMLeo/status/1061193869323309056

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
turns out there was a blue wave its just that voter suppression is super effective

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al! posted:

turns out there was a blue wave its just that voter suppression is super effective

Yup

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

Yuuuuuuup

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Just lol if dems don't make voter suppression one of their key issues if they win in 2020. Republicans need to be prosecuted and imprisoned nationwide.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Just lol if dems don't make voter suppression one of their key issues if they win in 2020. Republicans need to be prosecuted and imprisoned nationwide.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[nancy pelosi and chuck schumer simultaneously] please dont be so divisive. end this heated "count every vote" rhetoric

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
If Dems aren't making noise about Georgia and Florida right now while mail ballots are getting returned to sender and things are hosed up generally how do you think they're going to make it an agenda item that they somehow prioritize above tax cuts for the rich? Come on now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Al! posted:

[nancy pelosi and chuck schumer simultaneously] please dont be so divisive. end this heated "count every vote" rhetoric

"We've made a deal with the GOP on voter suppression, they will issue a strong written statement decrying the practice next week, and in return we gave them four more Supreme Court seats"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well lets see how the dems really are handling it

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1061004308186042373?s=19

wow such strong language!!! my decorum glands are positively throbbing in pain

what about the other chamber

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1061037720296804352?s=19

lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al! posted:

this was always the assumed outcome yes. that it managed to get scott walker kicked showed how strong it was

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It's really astounding how little dems care about voter suppression

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think that I've ever had the same signature twice ever... I just scribble poo poo down and *shrug*

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

U-DO Burger posted:

It's really astounding how little dems care about voter suppression

why when theyre happy being the losing party and still getting everything they want

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

2DCAT posted:

I don't think that I've ever had the same signature twice ever... I just scribble poo poo down and *shrug*

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Al! posted:

If you're worried about your vote not counting because of voter suppression, maybe you should vote harder next time.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm a Florida voter, RIP me

how do I check if my ballot was rejected for signature match? This already happened in 2010

vote in person because those are anonymous
at least... they are in oklahoma
you just sign a book and then get a ballot with no identification and fill it out and stick it in the machine

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

just shut up and vote through the suppression stop complaining

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

just shut up and vote through the suppression stop complaining
thanks obama

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

shirts and skins posted:

"We've made a deal with the GOP on voter suppression, they will issue a strong written statement decrying the practice next week, and in return we gave them four more Supreme Court seats"

Narrator: The strong written statement did come out three weeks later, but it actually granted rural election boards full freedom to discard any votes they deem suspect for any reason, with no oversight or paper trail, in the name of fighting voter fraud, which has got to be pretty much the same thing as voter suppression. The Democrats thanked the Republicans warmly for this and then voted to confirm eleven more of their judicial nominees, who would go on to uphold the vote-discarding practice.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

how do you fix a two party country where one party is openly uninterested in having any power

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Omarosa's ballet got tossed out in Florida.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/former-trump-official-omarosa-newmans-ballot-thrown-out-in-florida-election/869921895

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - One of the many provisional ballots that were not counted Thursday in Duval County belonged to none other than Omarosa Newman. Yes, that Omarosa: the former Trump White House official who was fired by chief of staff John Kelly back in December.

She was once one of President Donald Trump’s loyal allies and served as his communications director for the Office of Public Liaison.

Newman relocated to Jacksonville after marrying a local pastor, John Newman.

During Thursday’s review of provisional ballots in Duval County, a member of the canvassing board said, “Omarosa Newman, registered late” and then moved onto the next ballot.

Her vote did not count.

Late registration was one of the most common reasons given during the review of the ballots.

Action News Jax reached out to Omarosa Newman, who said she’s now fighting for her vote to count.

She claims to have registered to vote on Oct. 9, which was the last day of voter registration. She’s now working with a local attorney.

She tweeted a reminder Oct. 9 to register to vote."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the bitcoin of weed posted:

how do you fix a two party country where one party is openly uninterested in having any power

The biggest targets of the Tea Party were "RINOs", Republicans in Name Only. Now the Tea Party types control all 3 branches of government and are enjoying an orgy of racism and terrible governance.

You gotta start with a purge.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RandomBlue posted:

If you're worried about your vote not counting because of voter suppression, maybe you should vote harder next time.

thanks for the hot tip Obama

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061335051294728194

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

and…he just…he tweeted it out,

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

So are we you fat turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

PostNouveau posted:

The biggest targets of the Tea Party were "RINOs", Republicans in Name Only. Now the Tea Party types control all 3 branches of government and are enjoying an orgy of racism and terrible governance.

You gotta start with a purge.

It's also just way easier for progressives to win by taking out Dem incumbents rather than winning the primary and gong against republicans.