Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FCB here oathin' up three pieces of Terrain4Print Shanty Barriers that I printed up over the past few days, since they're rad as hell and I'm going to paint them anyways:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of November one Washington-class Dreadnought by TTCombat (Dropfleet Commander, Resin, 1:9150) as well as alternate parts for a London-class Dreadnought, four Kiev-class Destroyers (same) with alternate hull options for three of the other two, lesser types.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath for November 5 Wolf Riders and Hand of Silence. All Privateer Press.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
^^ Cavalry friends

I, grassy gnoll, oath these five Aragoto and one Daiyokai from Corvus Belli, 28mm scale

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for November Magore and his dogge, from Warhammer Underworlds

Figured this month's theme made the model choice a bit easier.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A quick one this month so I can work on other things. Got a new photo taking setup so hopefully the pics are better than usual.

5 Khorneboyz with suitably bloody axes for the Jurnal.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

For November I, gameraMan, oath 1 Fire Giant Jailor!

Reaper Bones, 25mm

Will include Rip and Tear for TBD additional damage.

Going to throw in The Daily Double
Which will be from June (Composition (Guns Out)), and January (Every Step you Take).

food court bailiff posted:

FCB here oathin' up three pieces of Terrain4Print Shanty Barriers that I printed up over the past few days, since they're rad as hell and I'm going to paint them anyways:

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of November one Washington-class Dreadnought by TTCombat (Dropfleet Commander, Resin, 1:9150) as well as alternate parts for a London-class Dreadnought, four Kiev-class Destroyers (same) with alternate hull options for three of the other two, lesser types.

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for November 5 Wolf Riders and Hand of Silence. All Privateer Press.

grassy gnoll posted:

^^ Cavalry friends

I, grassy gnoll, oath these five Aragoto and one Daiyokai from Corvus Belli, 28mm scale

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for November Magore and his dogge, from Warhammer Underworlds

Figured this month's theme made the model choice a bit easier.

Approved!

I'm currently working on the October gallery, should be up soon.

EDIT: October Gallery is up! - https://imgur.com/a/njXX8Ra - check your stuff's there, it's going to the judges next weekend.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 11, 2018

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath 7 Genestealers from Games Workshop for November.

This will finish off the box I started last month. These guys are pretty quick to paint, so I'll likely add some Lictors or more Skitarii about halfway through the month.

Oath Complete!

I also primed up some Tyranid Warriors for an oath addition. Once they're dry, I'll snap a picture and add them to my oath for this month.

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition! Adding on 3 Tyranid Warriors from Games Workshop. All their arms and weapons are magnetized, which is why there are 17 separate bits for only three models.

Oath Addition Complete!
I absolutely love how the graininess of the carapace on these bigger guys turned out.

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 22, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I think I have forgotten to post my oath again.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November:

12x Advanced Sector markers for Dropfleet Commander by TTcombat.

2x Settlers, 1x Aspirant Goddard, 1x Enslaved Tech, 1x Zetan Alien and 1x Deathclaw for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath 7 Genestealers from Games Workshop for November.

This will finish off the box I started last month. These guys are pretty quick to paint, so I'll likely add some Lictors or more Skitarii about halfway through the month.

Oath Addition! Adding on 3 Tyranid Warriors from Games Workshop. All their arms and weapons are magnetized, which is why there are 17 separate bits for only three models.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Oath Complete! Finished these first two Boyz, I need to get them based but I'm still waiting on new 32mm bases to arrive so thats in the indeterminate future.

Also, I'm going to try and reinforce success with this Oath addition! of six (6) Ork Boyz for Warhammer 40,000 by Games Workshop. These are the AoBR Ork figures if anyone cares.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Dammit, I keep forgetting to post this!

Oathing Han Solo, 7 Snowtroopers, 7 Rebel Commandoes, a lazer cannon and 11 objective markers. Fantasy flight games 32mmm

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Grey Hunter posted:

I keep forgetting to post this!

My thoughts exactly.

I Weirdo Oath six 28mm minis from Reaper - 2 Spirits, Dwarf Pirate, Stone Golem, Dwarf Jester, and Almaran the Gold

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I think I have forgotten to post my oath again.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November:

12x Advanced Sector markers for Dropfleet Commander by TTcombat.

2x Settlers, 1x Aspirant Goddard, 1x Enslaved Tech, 1x Zetan Alien and 1x Deathclaw for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

Duct Tape posted:

Conan the Librarian posted:

Oath Complete! Finished these first two Boyz, I need to get them based but I'm still waiting on new 32mm bases to arrive so thats in the indeterminate future.

Also, I'm going to try and reinforce success with this Oath addition! of six (6) Ork Boyz for Warhammer 40,000 by Games Workshop. These are the AoBR Ork figures if anyone cares.

Grey Hunter posted:

Dammit, I keep forgetting to post this!

Oathing Han Solo, 7 Snowtroopers, 7 Rebel Commandoes, a lazer cannon and 11 objective markers. Fantasy flight games 32mmm

Weirdo posted:

My thoughts exactly.

I Weirdo Oath six 28mm minis from Reaper - 2 Spirits, Dwarf Pirate, Stone Golem, Dwarf Jester, and Almaran the Gold

Approved!

A not to everyone posting additions after / along with a completion post, don't forget it only counts if you make a single completion post with everything you've Oathed! In effect, additions will undo any completion you have posted.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I hereby oath for November, 4 x Primaris Intercessors from Games Workshop

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:October judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Duct Tape

I like the understated, grimy colors. Highlights and claws are looking good!

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

A good looking group of drunken dwarves.

First place, 3 points: KingMob

Nice color palette, good highlights, and overall very clean.

Bonus, 1 point: Ilor

That hair is great, it's a very distinct colorchange.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

October Judgement

Third place, for one point: King Mob

Along with my fellow judge, I really dug how you got the four-color aesthetic of Aristeia. There's a solid Saturday morning cartoon vibe, which is exactly what the game needs.

Second place, for two points: Ilor

The color fade on your hacker is very in keeping with the month's theme, and there's a ton of fiddly poo poo to paint on Druze, so I really appreciate the clean detailing here. The only thing holding them back from first place is the relative lack of color depth; I would have liked to see the helmets and armor plating get some stronger contrasts.

First place, for three points: Lazy Angel

These are my favorite models for this month's theme. You've got lovely color gradations all over these specters, with attention paid to the light sourcing, along with good depth and interesting texturing on the fabrics and metals.

Bonus Point: NTRabbit

This is the most visually-arresting color gradation to my eye, and that's certainly worth the theme bonus.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

grassy gnoll posted:

Second place, for two points: Ilor

The color fade on your hacker is very in keeping with the month's theme, and there's a ton of fiddly poo poo to paint on Druze, so I really appreciate the clean detailing here. The only thing holding them back from first place is the relative lack of color depth; I would have liked to see the helmets and armor plating get some stronger contrasts.
Thanks! And IRL, there's a lot more visible color depth (for instance there's a nice lime-greenish edge-lining on the armor plates and the helmets are a transition across 3 shades of red topped by a white underlight on a 4th pure red), I just can never seem to photograph them for poo poo. :sigh:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

First place, for three points: Lazy Angel

These are my favorite models for this month's theme. You've got lovely color gradations all over these specters, with attention paid to the light sourcing, along with good depth and interesting texturing on the fabrics and metals.

Thanks! The rusty metal was quite fun, and the blue blend was oddly restful to paint.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Thanks for the kind words and points, judges!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!

The other two of Magore's Friends

Should be quicker, as per my 'test the colour scheme on the hero again' technique...

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Between work stuff and the holidays, I'm doing a small one this month:

I, Ilor, do Oath this WW2 American Medic (28mm Black Tree Miniatures):

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

That's some nice muted OSL blending from the glowstick. Green on green can be tricky to pull off, and you handle it by accentuating the temperature difference between the "warm" cloth and "cool" chemical glow. The top of the head also has a nice subtle gradient to it.

Second Place, 2 points: Ilor

Excellent blending on the hair, plus nice detail overall. Your figures show off a color palette that uses vivid and desaturated colors to maximize visual interest, separated by some very clear blacklining. Really captures the Halo-meets-Cyberpunk aesthetic of Infinity models.

First Place, 3 points: Red Shoe

goddammit stop making me want to play a Souls game. Seriously, though, that lava blending is some standout work in a month of impressive figures. All of the giant bosses have some arresting and realistic paint jobs, but the light fading into shadow on this demon guy really puts it over the top.

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned

So I see you went for the booze-related challenge this month? Very nice work, these dwarves are hilarious.

Happy Thanksgiving, goons!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath addition complete! See original oath completion post for photos.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Ugleb

That's some nice muted OSL blending from the glowstick. Green on green can be tricky to pull off, and you handle it by accentuating the temperature difference between the "warm" cloth and "cool" chemical glow. The top of the head also has a nice subtle gradient to it.

Cheers! Not gonna lie, I'm quite happy with how this one turned out. Was a lot of fun to paint as well. :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

I hereby oath for November, 4 x Primaris Intercessors from Games Workshop

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!

The other two of Magore's Friends

Should be quicker, as per my 'test the colour scheme on the hero again' technique...

Ilor posted:

Between work stuff and the holidays, I'm doing a small one this month:

I, Ilor, do Oath this WW2 American Medic (28mm Black Tree Miniatures):

Approved!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

grassy gnoll posted:

Bonus Point: NTRabbit

This is the most visually-arresting color gradation to my eye, and that's certainly worth the theme bonus.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete.

Plus one vaporator, as the replacement came during the week and I forgot to do an addition.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Magore's Friends all done and dusted!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For November I oath: 2 Marrow Priests
Fantasy Flight

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

It doesn't show up super-well here, but the blood spatter on the left priest is for this month's challenge. They're also Need 4 Speed and A Faithful Replica.

Before and after times:

And the official art:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Nothing amazing, but it's good to be painting again. :toot: I am claiming the challenge for the battle damage on this guy.

For next month: get a better photo setup in place!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I am stuck two hundred miles from home with a busted alternator 45 minutes after the last auto shop in town closed, so I'm absolutely not going to be able to post my oath. I'll post it in the minis thread when I get back, I guess, I'm really happy wth some freehand junk I did on the car and walls. :(

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

Oath Complete!

Feels good to have finally broken my streak of never finishing cav units.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

The last unit of Stinkbois is complete. Now just 20 poxwalkers to fully painted...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for November 2018 12 28mm Mantic GCPS Rangers.

Unfortunately the timestamp might be a bit fuzzy, so I can redo it if necessary.

Edit:
Just took a photo with a clearer timestamp, but the minis are a bit fuzzier.

Oath Complete!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Oath Complete

Gotta say it feels more like I survived this than completed it. That was a lot more painting than I expected. I didn't do anything particularly complicated, but there was just a lot of it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming this month's Rip and Tear! challenge for being liberally covered with spattered, half-dried blood - an occupational hazard when you're a medic!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath Complete-ish

These are done enough, but not done all the way through. The holiday was worse than I anticipated.

I attempted the battle damage jurnal on the big fellow, snipping off his horns and giving him some penciled bullet pocks. I leave it up to Zark to decide if it counts, and no hard feelings if it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
November Oath Complete!

Fire giant jailor, with a lot of cuts and scrapes for the monthly challenge:

I did what I thought was enough damage to the original figure for Rip and Tear but near the end felt like it needed a bit more, so he ended up with an arrow in his back:

So claiming Rip and Tear!

Completed Daily Double from June (Composition (Guns Out - all that fire giant skin)), and January (Every Step you Take).

Here are steps for Every Step you Take:

Early shot, following a bit of conversion work to give him a different stance:

First full coat:

His furry belt looking kinda funky pre-washes:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 1, 2018