Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I've had a hammerbot running for a few days now. I'm not completely rich, bet I'm more than well off.

If anyone on Battle.net USEast Ladder needs anything, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I know there's an ES thread but the last post is May and I don't want to engage in necromancy :ohdear:

Anyway the second of the setup files hosted on the Google Drive is undownloadable because it apparently has a virus. Anyone know what's up with that?

Malah
May 18, 2015

I wish D2 had functional borderless. Tabbing out of fullscreen is glitchy and windowed mode is too small to play on.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Malah posted:

I wish D2 had functional borderless. Tabbing out of fullscreen is glitchy and windowed mode is too small to play on.
You can maximize the window now, so you get a nice big 4:3 window. It’s much better than full screen because it doesn’t stretch to widescreen so it looks decent.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Malah posted:

Run a VM, maybe an xp vm, and then just make the vm the window size you want.

It's better than the glide emulator or anything else I've tried. Fatal flaw to the emulator's windowed is mouse cursor position resets.

Laslow posted:

You can maximize the window now, so you get a nice big 4:3 window. It’s much better than full screen because it doesn’t stretch to widescreen so it looks decent.
If this is true in the new version then it's also a good solution.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Spirit shield is such a troll

I was all excited to make such a sick shield with super low runes but then it turns out 4 socket non pally shields don't drop until Hell

Khorne
May 1, 2002

feelix posted:

I was all excited to make such a sick shield with super low runes but then it turns out 4 socket non pally shields don't drop until Hell
They also require tons of str.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

feelix posted:

If you’re on us east b.net ladder, I’ve got a few. Among a bunch of other useful stuff languishing on mules.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
nah I'm doing an untwinked HC run thanks though

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

feelix posted:

nah I'm doing an untwinked HC run thanks though
Good luck, especially if you’re on battle.net. B.net itself is 10x deadlier than the actual monsters are for hardcore players. Be safe, and check your blood pressure constantly!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Once you're able to clear the Pit without a lot of trouble, you'll have more monarchs than you'll know what to do with.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm interested in casually playing through Diablo 2 again with some friends and I was wondering if there was an easy way to mod it to increase item drop rates in a multiplayer game. We'll probably just being playing on a LAN, and I only want to increase drop rates so we can see cool stuff without playing forever. Is there any easy solution for this? I've never really messed with modding Diablo 2 before.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I'm interested in casually playing through Diablo 2 again with some friends and I was wondering if there was an easy way to mod it to increase item drop rates in a multiplayer game. We'll probably just being playing on a LAN, and I only want to increase drop rates so we can see cool stuff without playing forever. Is there any easy solution for this? I've never really messed with modding Diablo 2 before.
You can use Hero Editor to give yourselves a few small charms with 1000% magic find along with the "/players 8" command.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Does it still work with the latest patch? I thought the Hero Editor stopped being supported awhile ago.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, even though it says 1.13 everywhere, it seems to work fine on the latest version.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

LLCoolJD posted:

:discourse: My favorite piece never even made it into the drat game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtR6l30UqU

Oh wow, that's good. The Tristram music is one of my favorite videogame musics ever, would loved to have heard that in the actual D2 soundtrack.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 16, 2018

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
just play the perfect drop mod for a casual playthrough

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone else reinstall after the D:I announcement?

I'm on useast trying out a javazon for the first time

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Molybdenum posted:

Anyone else reinstall after the D:I announcement?

I'm on useast trying out a javazon for the first time

Haha yes. Also installed the perfect drop mod, which makes it more enjoyable and less grindy.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'm probably just going to buy gear rather than grind for anything. Can anyone recommend a store or explain how the purchase works? I just make a game for a mule bot that dumps everything or???

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Molybdenum posted:

I'm probably just going to buy gear rather than grind for anything. Can anyone recommend a store or explain how the purchase works? I just make a game for a mule bot that dumps everything or???
When I sold d2 stuff many years ago I'd just make an account with a level 1 on it and give people the account name+password. Given that most of these sites probably automate this or pay someone less than minimum wage to do it, I'd bet they do the same. That way there's 0 coordination required.

I'd probably not buy things. Just play for fun. Probably on a private server. One of the modded ones or reddit's r/slashdiablo. Their ladder resets nov 16th which will be a good time to play. If you want to bot, official servers are good too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 11, 2018

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
And if you’re on ladder on USEast, if there’s anything particular you’re looking for, I can help you out.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Laslow posted:

And if you’re on ladder on USEast, if there’s anything particular you’re looking for, I can help you out.

I'm doing a lightning jazaon for the first time ever, so any items they would use. I've only ever played paladins, necros and sorcs. All of them bad builds. This is probably my first standard character.

Currently low 30s and rocking a tarnhelm and whatever garbage the vendors have for sale so almost anything would be an upgrade. I guess I need Mana/energy charms since all the guides say no points in energy???

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Molybdenum posted:

I'm doing a lightning jazaon for the first time ever, so any items they would use. I've only ever played paladins, necros and sorcs. All of them bad builds. This is probably my first standard character.

Currently low 30s and rocking a tarnhelm and whatever garbage the vendors have for sale so almost anything would be an upgrade. I guess I need Mana/energy charms since all the guides say no points in energy???
You can reset stats/skills now.

Honestly, starting as javazon solo is pretty brutal.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Khorne posted:

When I sold d2 stuff many years ago I'd just make an account with a level 1 on it and give people the account name+password. Given that most of these sites probably automate this or pay someone less than minimum wage to do it, I'd bet they do the same. That way there's 0 coordination required.

I've bought stuff from a Diablo II seller once, but this was how they did it too.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

Sounds like you need a Stormshield, Griffon's Eye, Highlords Wrath, and ethereal Titan's. I'll see what I can get together and throw em on a mule for you if not later tonight, sometime tomorrow.

As for your armor, would you prefer a Chains of Honor, or and Enigma? The CoH is better overall, but Enigma is still pretty good and has +1 to Teleport, so you can teleport around which is pretty cool.

What's you B.net account name? Just in case I catch on online.

Laslow fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 11, 2018

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Thunderflush

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm walking my way through the game on ladder for an upcoming project. At the casual pace that I'm going, I seem to remember that once I hit level 24, the only quick way to get through it quickly was in normal cows or the Ancients quest. Otherwise, it was a bottleneck for experience and you'd reach it in act III and be stuck at that level for a while. Even if you did Hell Chaos runs with a glitch rushed character at a low level, level 24 would take a while to get through. Was that bottleneck removed?

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Star Man posted:

I'm walking my way through the game on ladder for an upcoming project. At the casual pace that I'm going, I seem to remember that once I hit level 24, the only quick way to get through it quickly was in normal cows or the Ancients quest. Otherwise, it was a bottleneck for experience and you'd reach it in act III and be stuck at that level for a while. Even if you did Hell Chaos runs with a glitch rushed character at a low level, level 24 would take a while to get through. Was that bottleneck removed?
Generally random people will rush you for free when you're level 24 and you'll get the ancients quest and be able to do Baal runs. 24 is the easiest level because a lot of high level people rush lowbies just because they're bored.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Laslow posted:

Generally random people will rush you for free when you're level 24 and you'll get the ancients quest and be able to do Baal runs. 24 is the easiest level because a lot of high level people rush lowbies just because they're bored.

I know how rushing works and I normally prefer to get them, but I am playing solo.

I'm the thread's OP

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Star Man posted:

I know how rushing works and I normally prefer to get them, but I am playing solo.

I'm the thread's OP
Oh, well yeah, you’re boned.

The barrier you’re talking about still exists and since you’re solo on ladder(or battle.net at all) means you can’t adjust the player count on any way. If you’re not 25 by the end of act 3, I would just do meph runs til then and shore up your gear.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Laslow posted:

Oh, well yeah, you’re boned.

The barrier you’re talking about still exists and since you’re solo on ladder(or battle.net at all) means you can’t adjust the player count on any way. If you’re not 25 by the end of act 3, I would just do meph runs til then and shore up your gear.

I reached level 24 while looking for Khalim's Heart and got to level 25 while I was looking for Izual. I didn't grind for experience anywhere, I just played it out normally. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought it was.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Star Man posted:

I reached level 24 while looking for Khalim's Heart and got to level 25 while I was looking for Izual. I didn't grind for experience anywhere, I just played it out normally. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought it was.
If you’re like me, it’s because you’d normally basically skip act 3 altogether and that throws off the curve a little bit. Let alone full rushes.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

"perfect skull for durance 2 waypoint." maybe i was being ripped off but skipping the jungle was worth it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I concur that acts II, III, and V are all a slog to get through. But I'm on a mission.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Now this question is a total long shot: are there any art books that feature a bunch of artwork from Diablo II by Blizzard?

I'm familiar with the art books associated with Diablo III that might feature something in D2's setting, but official artwork for Diablo II is hard to come by. Most of it is made of character renders and there is one hand-drawn illustration of each class in the classic and expansion manuals and on on the Arreat Summit.

edit: I found an uploaded copy of a German press kit that had quite a few things in it that I had never seen before and it included Photoshop documents and TIFs of high resolution artwork, but it's still only of a few classes or of two act bosses and is really incomplete.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 11, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002
If anyone is interested in playing slashdiablo's ladder reset next friday I'm up for it. I already have my windows xp vms all setup to run the max allowable clients like a big nerd. I'm open to expansion or classic, hardcore or softcore although I have no clue how stable my internet is at my new place.

In fact, if anyone is interested in trying classic it'd be kinda fun. I don't think there's really a classic community there judging by the ladder being a few nights worth of classic play.

Star Man posted:

It's 20-25 or so that are the slowest levels. After 25 you aren't penalized as much and start getting a lot more exp.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 11, 2018

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

Ok, so I sent you the mule info, let me know if you need help transferring.

I only had one Griff's and I'm saving it for my brother, who coincidentally is also a lite javazon, so I put in a Shako and Valk Wing instead.

The eth titan's on there are kind of(extremely) low, so I put in a bunch of mid runes for you to trade for better ones.

I made an Enigma because I had a spare 3 socket mage plate. Enjoy teleporting like an idiot!

I don't know what is the best boots for javazons, I just put in Waterwalks and Travs for you to choose from.

I threw in some random lower level stuff, in case you need it for leveling.

e: don't worry about mana, you'll get more than enough at base when you get higher. Just chug them potions for now!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Hey I’m a big idiot playing through this game for the first time with an experienced friend. We’re on Hell now. I’m a Lightning Fury Amazon, but I use Plague Javelin on lightning immunes. Between the slow cast rate and the slow damage, it seems painfully bad. Am I missing something or should I respec? If so, to what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Khorne posted:

It's 20-25 or so that are the slowest levels. After 25 you aren't penalized as much and start getting a lot more exp.

I know. Normally I would do cows at that point because the experience is good, but I can't for this run.